[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /pol/'s thoughts on George Bush?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15
File: 800px-George-W-Bush.jpg (158 KB, 800x1059) Image search: [Google]
800px-George-W-Bush.jpg
158 KB, 800x1059
>>
THE. BEST.
>>
Good goy.
>>
File: 911bushkeptussafe2.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
911bushkeptussafe2.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>70683323
Worst president in American history.
>>
>>70683323
The first meme president.
>>
One of the worst, but other than that an alright president.
>>
If it wasn't for the Iraq war and Medicare Part D he'd be a decent president.

He spent like a drunken sailor on shore leave though, so he's pretty trash tier.
>>
>>70683749
This
The most useful idiot the Jews could have ever had
>>
>>70684056
No child left behind
Enron

Any worth his shit knows that cheney was orchestrating bush though
>>
>>70683323
i think he had good intentions, but made very bad decisions at an important time for america. not sure what i would've done different without relying on 20/20 hindsight, either
>>
>>70683323
He wanted amnesty for illegals because he was a corporate stooge. Same for greasy.
>>
>>70684365
This
>>
>>70683323
would have beer with

would not vote for
>>
>>70684318
>Any worth his shit knows that cheney was orchestrating bush though
Source? :^)
>>
Better than Obongo.
>>
>>70683323
>does the opposite of what his father does

>invades,and kills Hussain
>>
Truly loved America, it's traditions, culture and people. Unlike the domestic terrorist posing as an American president we have now. Selling our great nation aflame.
>>
>>70684485
>would have beer with

Everyone always says this, but Bush had to quit drinking altogether because he was a weak, pathetic alcoholic. Do people not know this?
>>
the very first meme president.

the president whose term in office can be easily summarised into a couple of vapid jokes
>>
Smartest president we've had.

They say we dont feel/suffer the repercussions of a president's bills etc...while they are in office but until the next presidents term. So we judge clinton by what reagan did. We judge bush by what clinton did and we judge obama...get the point? so we cant even judge obamas presidency until next president.

At this point in time i just believe things went a little off with bush because of popular debate. People wanted gore back.
>>
>>70684694
>hates Bush
>too autistic to understand a saying
Checks out.
>>
He wasn't careful and ignored the damning trends at the time. Forgetting the Iraq war, the internet was blowing up and he allowed liberals to gran hold and mock him with it with no retaliation from the right. Now we have young voters who grew up on Jon Stewart memes shitting on Bush and will never go red. The guy is a dumb fuck who made a lot of questionable moves to help buddies out.
>>
File: 1451848115856.jpg (1 MB, 3744x5616) Image search: [Google]
1451848115856.jpg
1 MB, 3744x5616
>mocked as one of the shittiest presidents during his time by the entire planet
>fast forward to CURRENT YEAR
>"He wasn't that bad"
>>
>>70684485
Too bad he didn't drink. Gave it up for Jesus.
>>
>>70684841
>being this retarded
>>
>>70683323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux3DKxxFoM
>>
File: 1415838448848.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1415838448848.gif
2 MB, 320x240
He wasn't great, but God I miss him. He felt like an actual American. What we have now is just... wrong. And it's not just because I disagree with him on his policies, he just doesn't feel Presidential. He doesn't feel like he's fit to lead our country.

Say what you will, but Dubya loved this country. That's more than we can say for most of the current candidates as well as the current President.

If Trump wasn't running and Jeb just mimicked his brother, he's who I would vote for. That said, I think Trump will be a lot better than W.
>>
HE KEPT US SAFE
>>
>>70685070
GEORGE BUSH MADE A MISTAKE
>>
>>70683323
clear cut case of a good guy fucking himself over by surrounding himself with shit people, Cheney/Rove etc.

Bad president, but probably a pretty good guy deep down
>>
>>70685064
He was a retard and he nearly hugged the country to death with his retard love.
>>
>>70683323

Him and his entire family should be deported to Saudi Arabia
>>
File: 911bushkeptussafe.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
911bushkeptussafe.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>70685028
A true conservative luminary.

George Bush was the embodiment of conservative exceptionalism.
>>
File: 897035.jpg (124 KB, 432x412) Image search: [Google]
897035.jpg
124 KB, 432x412
Fucking neocon puppet same as Bill Clinton, George HW, and Obama. All trash
>>
>>70684694
Meh, I'm a recovering alcoholic and I'd jump off the wagon if "W" called me up and asked to get a beer.
He's not nearly as stupid as he was portrayed and I'd like to talk politics with him. I'm sure I'd get some interesting conversations with him.
That being said, I was too young to vote for him in 2000 and I surely didn't vote for him in '04.
>>
>>70683323
A mediocre painter.
>>
>>70684809
I'll take Bill Clinton for $200, Alex.
>>
>>70684966
If not for Iraq he would be an ok-good president. It's really Iraq where he fucked up.
>>
>>70683323
I liked him.
When Bush was in, you could say "oh those damn Americans, if only a Democrat got in, everything would be better!"

You can't do that with Obama, you can't say "Oh, Mitt Romney would have been more sane, more compassionate."

And as a foreigner, all I can do is complain since I don't get a vote. I'd prefer America elect a democrat in one way, but in my own day-to-day life it's more fun to bitch about their republican presidents.

I have a soft spot for Republicans who're centre-left economically but right socially.
>>
>>70683323
Meh better than Kerry, slightly less dumber than Obama, and more likable than Yeb!
>>
File: 328997648_f909707dd3_o.jpg (72 KB, 371x480) Image search: [Google]
328997648_f909707dd3_o.jpg
72 KB, 371x480
>>70683323

hands down my favourite US president.
>>
They misunderestimated him.
>>
>>70685376
>that depends on what the meaning of "is" is
>>
>>70685378
The funny thing is that he was hailed for showing restraint when he finally decided to invade Afghanistan. There was no opposition to that war, but people seem to have forgotten that.

Granted, people were far less positive to the Iraqi war.
>>
ehs a pretty good goy bombs sandniggers for Israel and doesn't afraid of nothing
>>
>>70685380
Forgot to say he was also funny and quite likable seeming, while Obama is boring.

I'm not fond of US anti-intellectualism putting "would have a beer with him" over "he knows what he's talking about", but being nowhere near as lefty as you'd expect Obama just comes across as neither knowing what he's doing nor being 'stupid' enough to be funny. He's more of a CEO than a president.
>>
>>70685376
You did it wrong fag....

Alex is disappointed
>>
File: obiM3kt.jpg (120 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
obiM3kt.jpg
120 KB, 500x454
>>70685210
I'm not saying he was good, just saying he was better than what we have now. Do I think he was fit to lead our country either? No, not really. But I feel that he was more capable than Obongo will ever be. That goes for all of the rest of the current candidates as well, save Trump.

He would have made a decent peacetime President if he had non-Jew advisers. I think he had America's best interests at heart, but I don't think he was fit to be the Commander-in-Chief.
>>
>>70683323
Junior was Islam's best ever recruiting tool

Junior was the Don Knots of politics so Darth Cheney could run shadow government in secret

Cheney gets busted knuckles the exact same day Bush shows up with a black eye. Coincidence?

It took Seal team Six to kill bin Laden. Bush almost dies from a pretzel?
We will still be paying taxes for Junior's messes for decades.
>>
>>70683323
he did 9/11
>>
>>70685568
Afghanistan was valid. Iraq was not.
>>
>>70683323
Definitely in top 5 worst US presidents.

Will be in at least the top 10 worst US presidents for all eternity.
>>
File: Pure.jpg (21 KB, 296x314) Image search: [Google]
Pure.jpg
21 KB, 296x314
>>70683323

Bush made about the same amount of mistakes as Obama in my opinion, though using the 9/11 attacks as an example is pretty much a meme at this point because of how many people have dug into the facts.

>a pilot who couldn’t handle a single engine Cessna was able to fly a 757 in an 8,000 foot descending 270 degree corkscrew turn to come exactly level with the ground, and, without being so much as photographed by one of the most surveilled buildings in the world, hit the Pentagon, in the budget analyst office where DoD staffers were working on the mystery of the 2.3 trillion dollars that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld had announced “missing” from the Pentagon’s coffers in a press conference the day before, on September 10, 2001.
>>
>>70685782
Islam was recruiting long before Bush was old enough to drink.
>>
File: le ofishul gud goy seal.jpg (27 KB, 324x405) Image search: [Google]
le ofishul gud goy seal.jpg
27 KB, 324x405
>>70683323
>The only way to prevent terrism and keep us safe is fighting wars overseas and having a police state. Profiling and immigration control are rayciss. Islam is a religion of peace, k?
And the "Best Goy" award goes to...
>>
File: Bush NCLB.jpg (408 KB, 2048x1852) Image search: [Google]
Bush NCLB.jpg
408 KB, 2048x1852
>>70683323
He was a failure, but what's most impressive is how COMPREHENSIVE of a failure he was.

For example, his big education reform bill was repealed last year by the senate, because it was a shitty plan. It's not just that Bush fucked up issues like Iraq or banker bailouts - he fucked up lots of domestic policy, too.

He shat away an insane amount of money on Medicare D, a prescription drug benefit plan for old people THAT FORBADE THE GOVERNMENT FROM NEGOTIATING DRUG PRICES.

I shit you not. That was the quality of his "leadership."
>>
>>70686199
>Medicare D
Was any of that plan butchered or altered or negotiated just to get it passed like many bills are? I'm not defending him but a lot of wasteful shit gets passed through just to appease everyone who is voting.
>>
>>70686199
Why do you think conservatives loved him so much?

I see him defended on /pol/ all the time.
>>
File: george-w-bush-saul-loeb-afp.jpg (390 KB, 2683x1766) Image search: [Google]
george-w-bush-saul-loeb-afp.jpg
390 KB, 2683x1766
>>70683323
One of the greatest human beings to ever live. Went into office saw everything was ok so he decided not to fuck with it. He also saw the government was holding to much of the taxpayers money, so he gave the military a raise, first in a decade, and refunded every taxpayer an equal share. Nine moths later Clintons pussy ass foreign policy comes back on 9/11, G.W. destroys two countries and surrounds Iran in the process, nobody fucks with us again until Obama comes into office. Toughest president since Teddy, one of the best ever.
>>
>>70686914
>I see him defended on /pol/ all the time
Funny every thread like this I see at best is 50% say hes ok but more like 70% say hes shit.
>>
File: 1460019266657.jpg (178 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
1460019266657.jpg
178 KB, 888x1120
>>
File: 911bushkeptussafe9.jpg (93 KB, 639x653) Image search: [Google]
911bushkeptussafe9.jpg
93 KB, 639x653
>>70687680
>>
>>70683323

He reminds me of that prototypical student in high school who would always sit in the back of the class and not pay much attention, and goof off, and get mostly C grades, and spent a fair bit of time smoking weed with his buddies -- someone who obviously wasn't interested in intellectual pursuits and wasn't particularly curious about the world at large, and as a result would never rise above average intelligence. But he was well-liked by people, and pretty confident in himself, and as an adult would eventually find enough ambition to become -- for example -- a good manager of the sales department at a car dealership.

It was very uncomfortable for me see such an ordinary man of ordinary abilities stumble his way into the presidency. If his daddy hadn't been a rich successful politician, then I doubt that George W would have been able to achieve much more than a mid-level manager position at a company. It gave us a peek at what it would look like if instead of voting for the president we simply conducted a national lottery to pick our president.

Most discouraging to me was the fact that he did not engage in introspection at all. A man cannot learn from his mistakes until he acknowledges that he has made any. And George W never admitted any mistakes -- not out of hubris, but because, I believe, he simply didn't have the capacity for self-examination. No doubt he is still utterly baffled why the general consensus is emerging that he is one of our worst presidents.

I don't think we'll ever know how much the Bush White House was really directed by his mentor, Dick Cheney. I'm sure that's a pact of secrecy that both men will keep to their graves.
>>
File: corpse.jpg (190 KB, 750x938) Image search: [Google]
corpse.jpg
190 KB, 750x938
>>70683754

Just reminding everyone who objectively was the worst president in our country's history.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.