[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do waiters really get paid this bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 750x1334
Do waiters really get paid this bad?
>>
>>70679400
She got paid that much because she is a shitty waitress and couldn't keep her tips above minimum wage.
>>
>>70679400

who gives a fuck if it's real or not? nobody forces them to stay there. fuck, my work automatically hires any woman who submits a resume with no spelling errors and shows up to the interview sober.

I still don't work with any women though because they're too good to work outdoors in the winter.
>>
>>70679400
>Not factoring in the tips.
Wew lad, she's probably making more than the line cooks.
>>
>>70679400
> this bad
I think the correct expression is "so poorly" my amerilard friend.
>>
Get a real job you drop outs.
>>
>>70679400

They make minimum wage regardless, if their tips do not cover it, the employer is legally bound to pay them that in wages. This is bullshit
>>
>>70679816
This girl doesn't deserve this. In fact no female deserves this kind of treatment desu. It honestly disgusts me that you faggots don't defend someone who can't even afford to eat properly.
>>
>>70679400

I thought there was a federal mandate to give them at least minimum wage if they can't scrape together the tips to make that or more?

This seems like bullshittery or a workplace that needs to be cited.
>>
This check must have been a typo that any manger would fix but this attention whore is using it for sympathy and gibs me dat before getting her real check
>>
>>70679400
This is obviously fake
>>
>>70680006

You are a faggot. She will always make the minimum wage in one way or the other. If she doesn't make that in tips, they earn it in a wage. It is illegal not to do so
>>
>>70679400
>72 hours
>1.70
k
>>
>>70679963
Fucking finally someone else knows this. I bet if a gun were put to their head and they had to choose either their reduced pay with tips, or a minimum wage always with NO tips, the former would be chosen 10 times out of 10.
>>
makes me wonder if she is going to file taxes on the tips earned since the only way for an employer to pay her that little is if she earned a tip credit above minimum wage.
>>
>>70679400

No, fake and gay.

If you do not make more than the minimum wage in tips, your employer will cover the difference.
>>
Waiters get paid a fuckton. Ask people in the kitchen about wages...
>>
>>70679400
She gets paid around 2 cents an hour? Calling bullshit.
>>
I feel her desu, I hate my shitty service weekend job when I don't get tipped. Such as every shift for the past 4 years.
>>
>>70679400
No, waiters don't have it that bad. That is clearly a waitresses check, not a waiters. So a waiter, because of the patriarchy and the wage gap would actually make $2.09.

So again, to answer your question, no, waiters don't have it that bad.
>>
> NOT PICTURED: The $1000 in tips she made that week and didn't report to the IRS
>>
>>70679400
Oh lord! Has she tried to escape captivity?
>>
My best friend and room mate works at a restaurant. I feel no empathy for his sob stories about any of it. You didn't get your fucking HS diploma or GED. THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE TOLD YOU WOULD HAPPEN FUCK STICK.
>>
South Carolina shows a minimum of $2.13 an hour for tipped wages.
>>
>>70679400
>no source

Fake or lying obviously. Hopefully she gets fired.
>>
>>70680317
They have to report their rips and people write them on the receipts too
>>
well let's see...7.25(minimum wage)*75(hours) = 551.00$. Tip your waiter though,75 hours is way to much.
>>
>>70679736
Came here to post this.
>>
>>70680079
>>70679963
The "guaranteed minimum wage" bullshit is literally never invoked because they never make less than twice minimum wage.

That fucking whore is literally crying about middle class wages that require zero education, training, or effort.
>>
>>70679400
That's below legal minimum wage for a server. Servers get paid at least 2 bucks an hour, more if their tips don't exceed federal minimum wage.
>>
>>70679782
>nobody forces them to stay there.

What fucking idiot goes to be a waiter where your form of payment varies so much. And then they have the gall to complain about not being tipped.

Like there are other places to get a job that isnt being a waiter and you get steady pay.
>>
>>70679736
You don't know what you're talking about. You get paid less on your check when you make more money in your pocket. She didn't get paid because she made it all in tips. The employer has to compensate when you make less than minimum
>>
>>70680338
That shit always pissed me off. They'd bitch that they only made 200-300 dollars a night.
>>
>>70680520
Hey lads I used to work 65 hours a week as a server, my pay checks would be able $150 for a biweekly check but I was making over $1200 per week.

Don't feel any sympathy for whores whose only use or talent in life is writing orders on a pad, putting them into a computer, and moving plates of food.

I will be the first to admit, as an ex server that you can make pay that skilled human beings make and be a literal fucking retard
>>
>>70679400
>OMG guys I only make 2.2 cents per hour!
>I'm only paid $3.40 per month!
>I'm totally not lying or misrepresenting the situation
>>
>>70680315

For real, if you work at a decent place with people that pay a 15% tip, you can easily make over the minimum wage if you are serving 3-4 tables, with at least one family.
>>
>>70680661
This. So only roughly one hour she got less than min wage.

I'm sure she declared it all on taxes... and all. But yea raise the min, that wouldn't hurt waitstaff the most or anything.
>>
File: 2016-04-11_19-07-29.jpg (1 MB, 1084x3375) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-11_19-07-29.jpg
1 MB, 1084x3375
>>70679400
No. It's fake. They won't show the whole paycheck, which would show the calculation for tips, withholding, etc.

It's possible that is what she was paid for that check, but she had to claim her tips up to minimum wage (which she probably got paid much more than that, but isn't claiming it so she gets it tax free).
>>
>>70680336

I think there's a few states that don't require the restaurant to make up to minimum wage.

But anyways, my friend is a waitress and she averages $22/hr so that's pretty good money
>>
>>70679400
looks like she wqas taking cash advances. I've never seen a waiter getting paid less than 2.5 dollars an hour
>>
>>70679963
>>70680079
This. Federal mandate states that employers have to make up the $5.12/hour difference if they don't make above minimum wage. Don't fall for waitresses bitching on Facebook and Twitter, it's just a ploy they create to guilt more people into tipping. Besides you should look at what state they are in. California requires that waiters be paid $10 an hour as their flat rate before tips are added.

Do reward waiters that provide honest good work though.
http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm
>>
>>70680481

Yup, that is the federal "minimum wage" with tips, as long as your hourly pay is equivalent when adding in tips.
>>
>>70680661
>You get paid less on your check when you make more money in your pocket
Duh
>She didn't get paid because she made it all in tips
>The employer has to compensate when you make less than minimum

Did you even read what I said? I know I didn't say it perfectly or put much detail into it but you made the same point I did
>>
File: 1459735552430.jpg (171 KB, 310x403) Image search: [Google]
1459735552430.jpg
171 KB, 310x403
>>70679400
My younger brother works at a 5 star restaurant as a server, and he gets some form of minimum wage (I think for tip based jobs it's something like $2.75 and hour) but he consistently makes anywhere from $200 to $500 a night, all of which is tax free and undeclared. His paycheck strictly goes to his benefits and health care costs.

Fuck all these tip based mother fuckers, it's a job system designed for uneducated fucks to make tax free money and still collect welfare and other taxpayer sponsored benefits.
>>
>>70680317

They're supposed to say how much they were tipped, but every single waiter either doesn't keep track, or just outright lies and says they made less to pocket more money.
>>
>>70680743
>>70680734
>>70680730
>>70680661
Why don't all you shill faggots shut the fuck up? You're lying bullshit isn't going to get you anywhere in life.

Why don't you put yourself in her shoes, if she even has any. Shit like that happens because CIS males like you ruin it for them. Females have it harder, why can't you idiots just accept that? You all disgust me.
>>
waiters get paid 2.13/hr most places. the restaurant industry has lobbied very hard to keep server wages below the minimum wage for a while now. restaurants need extra help from the government to operate because they have such thing profit margins. without the state to mandate that servers get paid less (and also typically help pay other employees with a tip-out system) restaurants would cease to exist. thank god for regulation
>>
>>70679400
>feel sorry for me because I willingly took a job where the employer doesn't pay me
No
>>
>>70680629

Yeah imagine you work at a nice fucking place, where the average bill comes out to 200-300, and those type of customers always tip nicely like 20%.
>>
File: 1440314037995.jpg (39 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1440314037995.jpg
39 KB, 500x329
>>70679400
the check is small because the tips are big....period. they take the money out of her check to cover taxes,medicare and medicaid for the cash she takes home every night. if she hadn't made much in tips they would have to increase her pay until it reaches min wage. she's baiting for attention and it's working. tl:dr tips are taxable income and she's not showing us the pay stub and consequently her actual take home
>>
File: pay stub 1.png (9 KB, 254x87) Image search: [Google]
pay stub 1.png
9 KB, 254x87
>>70679400

and I thought I had it bad.
>>
My room mate also calls himself a chef. Fucking line cook for a beach restaurant Stfu.
>>
>>70679400
> job pays you 2 cents an hour
> you don't find new job

Pretty sure being on welfare would be better
>>
Serious question how do restaraunts moniter cash tips. If I were a waiter I would never report my cash tips so they wouldn't factor into my paycheck..
>>
>>70679400
>not seeing the watermarked VOID in the top right corner in huge letters
It's fake
>>
>>70680661
Uhh but she did get paid. She obviously was short of min wage by a dollar or so.
>>
>>70679816
>Wew lad, she's probably making more than the line cooks

This right here my man, we used to tip the kitchen at the end of a good night or a couple of cases of beer.
>>
>>70681062
>I would never report my cash tips
The IRS knows you make cash.
They don't have any problems with auditing your broke ass.
And then fucking you dry.
>>
>>70681062
Then they'd end up making up the difference every pay cycle and asking you to leave because you're 'just not fitting in'
>>
>>70679400
Oh look. That's a neat way to sign a name. "Lol".
>>
>>70680829

I'm pretty sure it is a federal law: A tipped employee engages in an occupation in which he or she customarily and regularly receives more than $30 per month in tips. An employer of a tipped employee is only required to pay $2.13 per hour in direct wages if that amount combined with the tips received at least equals the federal minimum wage. If the employees tips combined with the employers direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference. Many states, however, require higher direct wage amounts for tipped employees.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips
>>
>>70680661
That's what he said you dingus.
>>
>>70679400
that's really cheap hosting but I have seen cheaper!
is it shared?
what's the uptime?
>>
>>70681006
I worked at a dead end shithole called "the chefs pantry" where your average plate cost $9 and your average check was around $40.

However being non mentally retarded, and capable of waiting 8-10 tables at once, and you're bringing home $300+ a night easily. And this is tax free money.

Also working for a while as a server you will begin to have intense hatred for women, as they will be overwhelmed with anything more than 3 tables.

You will be serving 10 tables at once, and 40 customers. At this point in time it almost becomes a kind of art form, a dance of sorts, where in the back of your head you have a list of priorities to keep tabs on at all times. "Okay I know the kid at table 7 is going to need a refill soon, but I should check on the appetizer for table 13 first since that guy is getting antsy, I can wait to check out table 9 since they are laughing and having a good time, but table 2 needs their check asap....."

And while you are running around doing all of this shit, some literally brain dead whore who was hired for her big tits and can't even handle 2 tables will say "HEY IF YOU GET A SECOND CAN YOU SHOW ME HOW TO RING IN A MOJITO AGAIN?"
>>
>>70681241
Explain to me how the IRS can audit cash exchanges. Please go on.
>>
wow I'm getting ripped off. Oh well my job is fun, get to travel, outside, imminent domain shenanigans and all that, about 1000 week.
>>
>>70679400
My gf has worked in restaurants all her adult life and says servers usually end up making around $20 and will constantly complain about every customer no matter what and they do the least actual work out of all the restaurant employees so don't sweat it if you don't feel like tipping
>>
>>70681416

Working all my jobs, women have proven to be a fucking pain in the ass. Now I am a neet.
>>
>>70681458
Sounds like you need a better gf
>>
>>70681418

What are receipts.
>>
>>70681418
It's really something the business should have a better handle on, especially when they're taking care of payroll taxes and making W-2's.

There's a bunch of different methods to allocate tips between employees. What amounts did your W-2 show, Anon?
>>
>>70681418
You think the IRS won't bother sending a small army of snoops to scrutinize every fucking transaction you made? How did you feed yourself, Anon? How did you make your car payments? Your insurance payments? Your rent? and this nice new TV? And the iPhone? and the phone plan? et cetera et cetera.
The government does not fuck around when it comes to money.
t.havebeenauditedanditsucks
>>
I didn't complain about bad tips when I delivered pizza. And the average tip was $3.00 which is a lot less than 15-25%. Waiters make minimum wage regardless of tips, anyway, same as I did. Why the fuck are waiters so entitled?
>>
>>70680661
This is the most jewish shit imaginable
>You're socially obligated to pay my employee's wages in addition to the price of your meal
>If you actually want to reward excellent service, I get to reduce the wages I have to pay
>>
File: 1456083316580.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1456083316580.png
67 KB, 230x230
@70680929
(you)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-08-19-14-35.png (370 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-08-19-14-35.png
370 KB, 540x960
>>70681458

Your gf is failing at life.
>>
>>70679400
That is her company making the difference between her tipis and minimum wage.
This of course doesn't count the unreported tips, of which I'm sure there is many of.
>>
>>70681418

I'm bretty sure you have to report your tips for tax purposes related to the business.
>>
>>70681603
You don't record cash tips on a receipt
And I doubt it would be legal for the IRS to tax you based on "well most people tip %15"

>>70681624
I've never worked as a waiter so my w-2 only shows normal income tax and ss, I was just curious
>>
>>70681781
There is no way of proving how many cash tips you made. Literally impossible.
>>
>>70681418
Generally if you have expenses that are more than what you earn yet you don't have debt or bad credit. Also banks and credit unions are capable of being inspected by the govt because of the patriot act. Although a low level waiter will never trip the system though. However if the one world govt paperless currency kicks in, waiters will be fucked.
>>
>>70679400
They get paided like 3 dollars a hour she worked 30 mins in the week I can tell you she did not work 76 hours
>>
Even the lowest of the low tier servers make at least $3/hr
>>
>>70681844

No fool I mean receipts for goods purchased. How did you purchase said goods anon. This is what they do. Can't prove it? Audit time.
>>
this is what you get for having no dtive and doing nothing with your life. fuckin women expect everything to be handed to them
>>
she's paid the rest in cash and doesn't report it I'm sure.
>>
>>70681844
You'd be surprised by what the IRS can do if it smells something fishy. There's lot of restaurants that actually report tipped amounts and other such information to the IRS when doing payroll.

Honestly if you are a waiter and aren't keeping track of your tips in some way, you are legitimately tax retarded and you'll get fucked over in the audit.
>>
>>70681883
I've worked in resteraunts when I was younger, credit card tips are automatically kept track of -- and many employers to help protect their own asses force you to record your tips after every shift change. Considering tips are often communal and then split amongsts whatever waitresses/waiters on shift, it's difficult to lie about.
>>
>>70679782
This. Having a pussy and being even semi-competent guarantees you a job. If you're attractive or have a large chest on a small frame, it's easy mode.
>>
File: getonMYLELVEL.jpg (91 KB, 731x639) Image search: [Google]
getonMYLELVEL.jpg
91 KB, 731x639
lmao at the fucking peasants learn to diversify and hide the wealth
>>
>>70681883
It's getting easier and easier to track tips. And you're naive to think if there aren't specific guidelines by the IRS that restaurants would have to follow for their tipped employees.
>>
>>70682227

Fuck ya bro. My inheritance is winding down. I have no hope for the future or my own life anymore. Just do not care. Past apathy. Not sure what this is called, but grats bro keep on doing it. Fucking stay loaded. God speed man.
>>
Not my fault she chose to work at a job that pays less than three cents per hour.
>>
>>70682227
Anon, let me do your taxes!
>>
>>70682279
Credit card tips, sure.
>>
>>70682089
I would guess that such frauds would likely occur at non-chain restaurants just getting started (they don't know all the odds and ends of how people like to get more money). Over time they get smarted. Like-wise most tip frauds would also likely only be successful for more senior waiters or those closest to the tip sharing pot. However it begs the question why would a senior person do such things if they've hopefully had a good time working for the business. I just find it really hard for new waiters and those at chain restaurants to get away with such practices regularly.
>>
>>70682376
And they're starting to make up more and more of every transaction.

Cash only transactions are dying down.
>>
>>70679400
Tipping encourages this.

Stop tipping.
>>
>>70682517
Yep, I was agreeing with you. Didn't feel like typing a ton. Should have.
>>
>>70680317
They only report tips that are put on credit cards, because there is a paper trail on those.That's why many of them prefer cash.
>>
>>70682227
Watch out anononamoose will haxor you XD
BABINGA XP
>>
>>70682356
Nihilism is the term you are looking for.
>>
File: r_u_even_trying?.png (25 KB, 593x287) Image search: [Google]
r_u_even_trying?.png
25 KB, 593x287
>>70682227
LOL stop embarrassing yourself bub ;^)
>>
>>70682677
All the more reason to tell your family and friends to only give tips through debit and credit. No one is above the IRS, even though I feel that taxation is too high in this country.

Why should we the people give in to a system that continually shows that it is wasteful and rewards underperformers? Fix how the money is spent. Make the dollar worth more. Then I'll agree to tax increases.
>>
File: jimmy-third-person.jpg (117 KB, 1035x760) Image search: [Google]
jimmy-third-person.jpg
117 KB, 1035x760
>>70682919
>not going with an even 6 gorillion
>>
>>70680829
its ok, but it would suck to have a job where youre making on par $22/hr, then the next around like $10/hr.
>>
File: 1459620131035.jpg (18 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1459620131035.jpg
18 KB, 313x313
>>70679400
Time to look for a better job then, you cunt. Your no better than a roadside pan handler
>>
I work as a host at a Jewish deli, where I make 11 dollars an hour PLUS at least five to fifteen dollars in tipout from each server each day. Every day I witness the Montreal brand of kikery on a daily basis, and yet I still make more than people twice my age who have families to support, in the States.
America has a lot going for it, I greatly admire you guys' patriotism, but you need to fix your wage issues. There are days where I'm treated like a slave, but I sure as shit aren't paid like one.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-22-56-04.png (312 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-22-56-04.png
312 KB, 540x960
>>70682894

Funny I always thought the nihilists in big lebowski were hilarious. I am actually turning into that. It's very empty. But at the same time it feels like the ultimate truth. Fuck it m8, have a great day.
>>
>>70680929
Leave the shitposting to Australia
>>
File: class_lol.jpg (131 KB, 1586x762) Image search: [Google]
class_lol.jpg
131 KB, 1586x762
>>70679400
Laura looks like a slut who probably serves while wearing a low cut shirt and a push up bra, which makes her skinny-fat B cups look huge. She probably goes home with $100 in cash after a 4 hour shift, and she likely claims next to none of it in order to avoid paying taxes.

Servers are the lowest class of worker out there .
>>
>>70683655
what is the best thing to order at a jewlish deli
>>
>>70684182

Cooks are shit tier too imo. My room mate is a line cook and acts like a fucking martyr. That's what you get for no HS diploma.
>>
>>70684242

A blow job
>>
File: 1437408266723.jpg (30 KB, 304x308) Image search: [Google]
1437408266723.jpg
30 KB, 304x308
>>70680929
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>70683655

No one twice your age is making less than $11CAN per hour in the US unless they are a complete retard. I have a typical office job and put in about 15 hours of actual work over the course of a 40 hour week and make $65,000 USD two years out of college. I got a promotion at the end of Q1, too.

As long as you aren't a fucking idiot in the US, you can get along just fine. We just don't care much about taking care of our idiots, why should we?
>>
>>70682227
How do I make money like you?
>>
>>70680349
It can be that low after the employer accounts for tips (usually through credit card transactions) and taxes are removed.

Since they only make around $2.65 an hour before tips, once you add in tips, their weekly wage is higher, but the employer can only garnish from the actual wage they pay them, so often that is entirely eaten up by taxes before the paycheck is even written.

Thus, getting paychecks that low is entirely possible.
>>
>>70684779

Apparently you don't understand how income taxes work.
>>
>>70681119
You still get money even if you go above minimum wage.
>>
>>70680862
No nigger, you didn't make it clear at all.
>>
>>70679400
>75hrs
>payceck equaling $1.70
>keeps working same job

the problem is the chick is an idiot
>>
>>70679816
This. You have to be extremely vain to lie about your earnings on social media to fish for attention.
>>
>>70681306
>>70680862

YOU STILL GET MONEY IF YOU MAKE ABOVE MINIMUM.

You don't get it:

You get money on your paycheck (like your $2.50 hourly, and it gets subtracted by tax)

But if you make less than minimum wage your employer compensate you for it and then it gets taxxed.

We can't tell from the check stub if she made under minimum wage but we can also assume that she could have just had a normal shift and then her taxes ate whatever amount of money she made hourly. The taxes depend on how much you made in tips also.
>>
>>70679400
>76 hours paycheck.
>Does not show the fucking hours worked of the pay stub.
lel lel lel.
So what was she paid, like 3 cents an hour?
>>
>>70680707
meanwhile you've got 17yo drop outs in tears in the dishpit because thy can't keep up making like $6/h while some attractive chick complains she only made $450 tonight in a 4hr shift
>>
>>70684779
Wow, you are literally retarded. Come work for me, dude.

>Sorry kid, taxes ate up all of your check again this week
>That's okay, boss. At least I have Obamacare and SNAP!
>>
I'm not gonna look at this thread after this reply nor will I even read the entirety. For me personally (server) my pay check is usually no more than a few hundred because I pay nearly all of my hour wages to taxes. Maybe I would have made 700-900 hourly but it all goes to taxes because I made 2-3 times that much with tips. I've had checks for 0$ when I was making more than 2500 every 2 weeks. If you're in the right town at the right restaurant you can clear 80k no problem. So suck my asshole, I may not enjoy it but it's the job that suits me at this moment. There is my perspective faggets
>>
>>70685867
This. Back when I waited tables I would literally get negative checks. They would say like negative 6.24 and shit because my hourly didn't cover the taxes on the cash I bothered to claim. Most cash didn't get claimed. I paid no taxes on it. This cunt is a lying cunt.
>>
>>70685082

The problem is that people are tipping her and the boss is allowed to take her tips off the minimum wage, so effectively, youre tipping the owner for the waitess, when you tip a waitress.

They want your tips to not only cover the gap in the minimum wage, but to alone account for more than a full time jobs salary.

She wants 10-50$ an hour in tips, or youre an asshole.
>>
>>70679400
this is actually impossible the tipped minimum wage is around 5 dollars depending on the area she is full of shit
>>
>>70681416
In my field (programming), there's only one category that's worse than women, and that's males who take things personally.

There's this one guy that takes it personally whenever I tell him he did something wrong.

>run batch process
>notice it's taking a fuckload more time than usual
>some procedure has been running for over an hour and a half, usually takes 15 minutes
>check procedure
>see a MERGE statement that wasn't there last time I peeked into this thing
>after 90 minutes I get impatient and kill the session, abort the batch process and set it up for restart
>modify to use a LEFT JOIN with a temporary table instead of a MERGE
>restart
>finishes in 20 minutes
>leave a note telling everyone that merging 75 million records is never a good idea

>next day
>turns out this guy made that modification for reason XYZ (perfectly valid)
>he's all butthurt and trying to prove to my boss that I ruined the procedure because now "I must be duplicating records"
>boss asks for explanation
>"Have you actually CHECKED and seen any dupes?"
>"No I haven't but-"
>"Then argument is invalid. My query is perfectly equivalent to yours, here look:"
>I calmly explain to him why there are no duplicates and what I did exactly to speed his query up by 95%
>he goes all "oh well ok but ANYWAY it only would have taken this long on January and every other month would have been fine so it REALLY wasn't necessary you know..."
>"why should I wait hours every time I have to reprocess January for no reason? I don't wanna be here at 3AM waiting for a stupid batch to finish. Do you?"
>well..
>turn to my boss
>"Do you?"
>"No, you did right."
>boss goes away
>he keeps trying to argue that it really wasn't necessary.

I really don't understand.
You did something wrong, I explain to you why and how to make it better, you should take home the lesson and be a better programmer, not get butthurt.
>>
>>70680936

Mr. Poster, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>70684582

by editing with "inspect element"
>>
>>70684968
>>70685849

Apparently you're the one who doesn't understand W2's and income taxes in the USA. Fucking retards.

What is taxable income?
1: the wage an employer pays.
2: the tips customers pay.

Yes, you have to pay income on your tips, you fucking retards. If an employer claims those tips for you on your W2 (usually it's the credit card transactions as that is what the employer can verify), then the IRS will tax you. That I even have to explain this to you at all shows how bad common core is working for our nation's youth.
>>
>>70679400
>2 dollars
>is this real?

are you retarded? bitch is full of shit. the whole industry is. you roll into most restraunts and some cunt making 10 dollars an hour minimum rolls up and takes your order, something you could have done on your own but arent allowed to. The cunt then sends it to the kitchen who crack open some half frozen bullshit from costco and then send it on out to you 15 minutes later even though its been sitting out for 10 because these money-vampires were too busy fighting each other to take someone else's order so they can get another 20 dollar tip from some beta loser eating dinner by himself, bringing their grand total to over 50 dollars for that hour.
>>
>>70679400
>Make 300 dollars in wages.
>Credit card tips add up to 400 dollars during same period.
>Payroll company applies $700 worth if withholding to your $300 wages
> Result is pic related

How are so many people on this board this retarded?
>>
File: SMmpayday.jpg (2 MB, 4950x6458) Image search: [Google]
SMmpayday.jpg
2 MB, 4950x6458
IF YOUR CHECK DOESNT SAY ***VOID*** YOURE A TERRIBLE SERVER

/THREAD
>>
>>70687182
People on this board can't seem to understand that tips are TAXABLE INCOME...

Common core is doing work on our nation's youth.
>>
>>70681117
Its could be the dummy check attached to the pay stub associated with a direct deposit arrangement

>>70681241
the IRS does not fuck around with auditing waiters. They have plenty of bigger fish and limited resources.
>>
>>70681241
Lol who gives a fuck? The chance of audit is like 1/100000 and if you do get an audit just hire a lawyer and have fun with it.
>>
>>70687334

>be at some shitty bar show
>order a beer
>give the guy a bill
>he pours it and puts it on the bar and slides me my change
>i say "thank you" because I'm Canadian and look at the change to find a $2 coin to throw in the tip jar
>he says "thank me with money"
>I look at him, 360 and moonwalk out of there

bartenders can suck my balls.
>>
>>70679963
>>70680848
I served and bartended in college. I've known two people my whole life who somehow didn't make min wage including tips and both were told their employer will not make up the difference.
>>
>>70679400
They still use cheques is the US?

It is 2016 you know
>>
>>70681241
auditors make 80k a year and up. a shitty waiter isn't worth their time. generally unless you make six figures, have many income streams and try to write off/offset a bunch of shit they won't come after you.
>>
>>70689396
I really doubt a lawyer can do much for you in this scenario.

If anything, paying the amount the IRS would want would be the cheaper option.
>>
>>70689567

>Be Canadian
>fail to understand bartender "brutally honest" bantz
>go home to beat off to anime

Lol wow dude talk about autism
>>
>>70689843
If you think low-income tax filers don't get audited, you are naive.

It's not that hard to find out who isn't paying their taxes or not.
>>
Waiters are some of the most entitled cunts I know. They think they deserve to have their ass kissed for bringing out my food and refilling my drink one time. They are quick to tell anyone that will listen how they get paid less than minimum wage, but not that they are required to get paid atleast minimum wage if they do not make it in tips.
>>
>>70690248

This, plus they spend most of the time in the back on their cellphones.
>>
>>70690010
what the fuck is "bantz"??
Do you suppose you could converse on here without resorting to "AUTISM!" or "KEK!" once in a while? It's getting really fucking old.
>>
>>70690973
he can't handle le bantz xD
>>
>>70684242
Smoked meat sandwich. Puts New York pastrami to shame.
>>
>>70688864
No you stupid fuck. The void watermark is so if someone tries to copy the check on a shitty xerox it shows up all over the place. It's like you niggers can't into security features.
>>
>>70679400
Probably made over a grand in tips for those 2 weeks.

Servers make below minimum wage because they rake in tips. But they get taxed on their credit card tips, which comes out of their tiny paychecks.
>>
>>70690973

>Pls converse on this board without using the lingo of this board

Yup you're definitely autistic
>>
>>70679400
You can blame CONgress.
Restaurants are exempt from min. wage laws.

Tips aren't actual wages. They are a gratuity. A gift.

CONgress treats the gift as a wage.
>>
File: 1441136792908.jpg (121 KB, 793x391) Image search: [Google]
1441136792908.jpg
121 KB, 793x391
Not sure why so many posters are calling bullshit on this. Servers very rarely get a paycheck whatsoever. They have to claim their tips, which gets taxed and taken out of their check. So thus their paychecks are very small.
>>
>>70689597
Looks like they got a case on their hands. However they should focus on getting a job elsewhere because their employer is breaking the law and if they can't get tips they obviously suck at their job.
>>
File: 1394124159353.png (166 KB, 830x844) Image search: [Google]
1394124159353.png
166 KB, 830x844
>>70681708
>>
>my boss is paying me poorly
>its you peoples fault
>>
>>70679400
I bet she's also paying taxes on her tips like she's supposed to.
>>
File: tip.png (59 KB, 995x399) Image search: [Google]
tip.png
59 KB, 995x399
DAILY REMINDER

DAILY REMINDER

DAILY REMINDER
>>
>>70679400
Haha, yep. I remember finding a check in my wallet from a waiter job I had quit like a year earlier and never got around to depositing. It was always under $30. Most of their pay is cash - they would not get salary at all if it were not for the tax witholding that eats it all.
>>
>>70692026
How can it be a gift, if it's expected?
>>
i've known too many servers personally to be fooled by this. $20 an hour is not uncommon in tips.
>>
File: giphy.gif (953 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
953 KB, 500x254
>>70679400
That's fucking fake. Servers get a wage, and if their tips aren't at an equal or greater sum than their wage the employer has to pay the rest.
>>
so send her to the hot as fuck kitchen to wash dishes, get yelled at by chefs, carry 50 lb bags of meat scraps to the dumpsters, and scrub down the mats with degreaser at the end of the day for $8/hr
>>
>>70679400

I didn't hire a waiter. why should I pay for their salary? I will though give them a tip as an extra for an excellent service. but that will be to my discretion.
>>
>>70690010

Nah he was being a cunt.
>>
>>70693792
100% is not fake. Often their entire salary goes to tax witholding. It is by design. The money they make is cash and sketchily reported to the IRS at best.
>>
>>70695328
That's illegal under US Federal law, so please provide me with some of your bullshit evidence.
>>
>>70679400
>off camera
>$2500 in cash from tips that won't be reported to the IRS
>>
>>70695328
Even if they had a lien and garnishment there's a cap on how much they can withhold
>>
>>70679400
Buddy of mine is a waiter at an upscale Italian joint, regularly makes 2-300$ a shift
>>
>>70680785
Dammit Missouri, you're going to need to learn to round numbers one of these days.
>>
>>70679400
Only an idiot would work 72 hours in a developed nation for 2 dollars

>implying she didnt make hundreds in tips that will totally be properly reported for tax purposes
>>
>>70682530
I've always been a fair tipper, but damn I have to admit the entitlement of these cunts is really starting to wear on me...

>2001, just out of the Army.
>Go to Hooters with friends.
>All the wait staff are friendly and cute as hell.
>Flirt and chat and have a good time.
>make Hooters a semi regular thing, get some numbers and dates because they talk to you.
>get in a relationship 2005
>leave relationship 2013
>visit the old Hooters we used to love.
>all the waitstaff are average looking at best, all have bitchy attitudes, all refuse to chat or pretend to flirt.
>tip bare minimum, never return.

Yeah, fuck this new breed of shit tier waitress.
>>
She reports her taxes every night, makes 2.50 an hour, they take her taxes out of her check for both hourly and tips out of her check. Actually it being so small would indicate she did well on tips.
>>
>>70679400
That's her paycheck after being forced to pay for obamacare
>>
>>70679400
I'd rather see her tits than her paycheck but based on her actually getting a paycheck I'd say her tits suck as bad as her service.
>>
>>70679400
>don't show hours work
>don't show the numbers
Yeah I totally believe this...
>>
>>70679400

What a fucking meme. This is exactly why I have no sympathy for servers. They'll whine and bitch and moan about not getting properly compensated on an hourly basis, but are perfectly content to earn relatively high wages in tips for relatively skill-less work. The girl in the OP probably makes $2.13 per hour from her employer. That means that she earned enough in declared tips alone that her taxes negated her entire paycheck of over $140.

As somebody who used to work as a delivery driver in college, in Jimmy John's and at proper restaurants, I guarantee you that at least half of her income is in cash, which means that a large portion of her income went undeclared and thus untaxed.

This girl is bitching about probably making $15-$30 per hour in tips but not getting a fat paycheck on top of it.

What the fuck?
>>
>>70679400
>she did something bad and she isnt being treated like daddys princess anymore

The paycheck reality check
>>
Just messaged here about the stupidity of that post. Didnt tell her I found it here though.
>>
>>70700261
>messaging her about something she posted in 2013

you fucked up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ
>>
Waiters/busers are jobs for teen trying to get extra money for school or personal interests. Not for a 30 year old single mom
>>
>>70680929
There's Australia, then there's Canada, then there's you; right at the very bottom of the ocean.
>>
>>70679400

So am I supposed to feel bad that the bulk of their income is undeclared and untaxed?
>>
>>70679963

It depends on the state. Oklahoma's minimum tipped wages is $2.13 an hour.
>>
Man you fuckers are retarded.
>>
>>70701151

No. If their paid wage plus tips is less then the federal minimum wage the employer makes up the difference. This is federal law.
>>
not our responsibility to pay their salary
>>
>>70680661
When you make a shit load in reported tips all the taxes get taken out of your check. Good servers have shitty paychecks, but they aren't hurting.
>>
>>70686418
It's called pride bro, some people just have too much of the wrong kind. That, and he probably wants to save face.
>>
>>70701461

You say no, but you say exactly why I'm right.
>>
>>70703021

It does not vary by state. Federal law triumphs. Everyone will make the federal minimum wage period.
>>
>>70679400
I hate millenial crybabies.

We are literally living in the easiest, most comfy time in history. Our grandfathers went through a REAL global depression and one or two World Wars. They had to work their asses off at some mine shaft or some other grueling job, or go die for their country, with little chance to study or advance. They never complained, still managed to bring food to the table and provide a better world for their children.

Now these entitled millenial shits have all the information and knowledge generated through 10,000 years of human civilization literally FOR FREE AT THEIR FINGERTIPS, technology beyond our wildest dreams, 80 year old lifespans, opportunities everywhere, even the government pays for your fucking food if you can't find a job (in the 1930s you would hunt maybe a sparrow if you were lucky), and THEY STILL COMPLAIN like no other generation ever before.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.