[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please stop buying stuff on the Internet Or this could happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: 2342523432.jpg (99 KB, 822x462) Image search: [Google]
2342523432.jpg
99 KB, 822x462
Please stop buying stuff on the Internet

Or this could happen to the stores around you...
>>
>>70678055
Is that by Sherway Gardens?
>>
>>70678055
dont worry trudeau plans on investing 30trillions in refugees to boost the economy
>>
I buy at mom and pop shops when I can, I completely avoid big multinational companies who make all their products in shitskin countries. Unfortunately you need to do a lot of online shopping now to get stuff made in white countries.
>>
>Outdated business models pruned by free-market forces
>>
>>70678055
Big box stores are horrible in basically every way. Even working there fucking sucks.
>>
>>70678258
>le "free market"
how's the paper going bezos
>>
i wanna live in there
>>
>>70678055

Just like Blockbuster shrugged and lol'd when they put the independent video industry out of work, I shrug and lol as they are in turn squashed by the internet.

Big Box retail didn't give a shit when they crushed independent local retailers. Why give a shit when they get crushed?
>>
If Target sold shit worth buying in Canada then I would
>>
Brick and mortar large retail is an outdated model. It only works for specialty shops, clothing, and food.
>>
>>70678055
it will snow?
>>
>>70678055
>people complain that wal mart has a retail monopoly in canadaland
>target comes around
>no one shops there
>walmart wins again
Canadian deserve to suffer.
>>
File: 1447453674470.png (13 KB, 528x424) Image search: [Google]
1447453674470.png
13 KB, 528x424
>>70678055
>tfw i work at target but want this to happen
>>
File: 1458698390992.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458698390992.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>going to a store when you can find the same shit on the internet cheaper
>>
>>70678055
No fuck target and walmart, i've worked for both companies and I was treated like shit by customers and employees. I will keep buying shit online faggot
>>
>>70678055 >>70678356 >>70678540 >>70678665 >>70678692
Target failed in Canada because they didn't know what they were doing or they didn't carry maple syrup
>>
Buying from Target or Walmart is almost as bad for your local economy as buying online.
>>
>>70678055
GOOD!
Fuck Target.
>>
>>70678665
Because Zellers was way better than Target
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (12 KB, 320x337) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
12 KB, 320x337
>>70678055
Good, replace them with parks and scenes of nature in its most glorious form. You suck.
>>
>>70678127
Looks like Orillia
>>
>>70678822
Everything was more expensive in Target than in the stores they bought up and closed down, shelves were empty. There was no reason to go to Target, they were just asking to fail.
>>
File: 1276056642835.gif (2 MB, 457x231) Image search: [Google]
1276056642835.gif
2 MB, 457x231
Target is just transitioning to grocery/foodstuffs retailer now and building more "Super Target" stores to compete with other grocery stores. They're evolving with changing consumer demands just like every other market.

Shh, now tears now. Only Capitalism.
>>
>>70678696
Some stuff is in store only or twice as much online.

Bought 0.75 cu ft of Miracle Gro soil for $2. Amazon doesn't have it, but other soil only ships to Northeast and Midwest states
>>
File: 1460292738841.jpg (23 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1460292738841.jpg
23 KB, 409x409
>>70678055
....so?
>>
Good. Places like Target and Walmart are killing the store industry. Hardware stores are closing left and right because no one knows how to do shit and expect a """""universal bolt"""""" to fix all their problems.
>>
File: block o fat.jpg (109 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
block o fat.jpg
109 KB, 500x375
>>70678055
http://fortune.com/2015/01/15/target-canada-fail/

Target failed in Canada for a lot of other reasons other than online shopping. It was mostly due to bad planning, inventory, and locations.

Target is still doing well in America. It has more of a middle class appeal to it than Wal-Mart's blue collar working class appeal.
>>
good riddance to stores
they are visual pollution
>>
>>70678988
>maple nigger assmad over his local target closing down
>>
>>70679091
Remember when Walmarts had sewing departments?
>>
I'd chose Target over Wal-Mart anyday.

walmart has like 2 checkers during peak shopping hours and the lines are stupid long. they just want you to use the self check out.
>>
>go to store
>have maybe 2/3rds of the stuff I need
>costs more than what I payed for on the internet
>also have to spend money on gas for travel
>also have to stand in line because never enough cashiers
>also have to deal with fat and old people taking up most of an aisle

Why the fuck would I ever bother with that if I don't have to?
>>
>>70678055

I shop online because it is a nigger free experience.
>>
File: 1449027300970.jpg (79 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1449027300970.jpg
79 KB, 441x411
>>70678055
> mfw amazon pays me to deliver things people buy online
>>
>>70679145
Not the point. The point is they sell everything, including sewing material. It's probably Great Value brand, too.
>>
>>70679357
Actually, my local Walmarts stopped carrying sewing supplies when they transitioned to Supercenters.
>>
>>70679188

Yeah thats another reason I hated working at walmart and target
>pushin carts at target, th stores bitch
>group of niggers trying to return an item that isnt even in our store
>playing the race card and freaking out
>leave after 30 mins of this
>hit the glass door because whitey oppressed them
also
>pushing carts again
>group of niggers from jimmy johns (had their work shits) start walking around the parking lot going apeshit
>go back inside because I don't want to deal with that bullshit
>>
>>70678055
>Complains about internet sales
>Shows pic of multi-billion dollar corporation closing up shop

Seriously, at least show some small mom & pop place boarded up, not a fucking TARGET.

As an online retailer myself, it's not ME you have to worry about, it's Amazon and all the massive fuckbags who grossly undercut everyone else including the small brick-and-mortar retail stores as well as small online retail shops like mine.

I take care of a VERY niche market, and couldn't survive with a walk-in store unless I wanted to relocated to a city with 3+ million and a heavily liberal clientele (trust me, I don't like dealing with them, but they pay the bills), so my only choice is to go online. I HAD a walk-in store at one time, just didn't take off, so moved to online only, and trust me, I'm not depriving any retailers in my area of any sales.

It's a complicated issue, and one that's not easily understood by those who don't have skin in the game.
>>
>>70679129
I refuse to shop at Target since they stopped selling the Confederate flag. Same with Amazon.

I try to only spend gift cards at Walmart
>>
>>70679144
I never went to Target, they closed down before they could open one in my area. I'm just saying what I've heard from other people.
>>70679129
Walmart here can be very hit or miss, I don't know how accurate the people of Walmart is but from The way Americans talk about Walmart it seems pretty accurate. There's 2 walmarts where I am, one is literally filled with only niggers, the second is actually really nice inside with only normal looking white people and they sell groceries too.
>>
>>70679430
I only go to Winn Dixie, so I wouldn't know.
>>
File: markdayton.jpg (60 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
markdayton.jpg
60 KB, 650x450
>>70678055
ha ha a target
>>
But I'm a degenerate weeb and no where in Scotland sells weebshit for a good price.
>>
>>70678918
ha ha that looks like rato
>>
>>70679647
>paying for weebshit
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>70679158
Ours are the other way around, you could walk around for an hour and not see a single worker outside the checkout which are probably the best ones I've ever went through. They're really quick here, I never saw a self checkout though I don't think they're very popular in Canada.
>>
>>70679534
>at least show some small mom & pop place boarded up

Even before the internet mom and pop stores always failed.

I don't know how long that 80% of new stores close has been around for, but that always gets brought up
>>
>>70679706
I should specify I'm a /toy/fag, I torrent anything that isn't toys/statues.
>>
>type in website
>find product
>enter credit card info

vs

>start my car
>in the winter have to wait for it to warm up
>sit in traffic
>walk around the store
>wait in a line because the store is too cheap to hire more than one cashier
>drive home
>waste gas and an hour of time
>>
>>70679129
>Target is still doing well in America. It has more of a middle class appeal to it than Wal-Mart's blue collar working class appeal.
this
walmart is for niggers on foodstamps day and white trash

Target is for actual white people
>>
>>70678055
Target's failure in Canada has less to do with the internet and more to do with entering our market too late.
>>
>>70678055
Good, cant remember the last time I walked out of there with more than one or two items.

I also cant stand visiting a small town and the only thing left is a Walmart and streets of bordered up businesses.
>>
>>70678055
I'd rather have small shops, parks, restaurants than to have strip malls and walmarts everywhere, they're so fucking ugly. I support online purchasing, I like buying straight from the factory. Once factories come back I hope that's what they do.
>>
Businesses are there to serve you, not the other way around. If they can't git gud then they deserve to shut down.
>>
>>70678055
i hope all these stores burn in hell
>>
>>70678055
whats wrong with this? theyre huge inefficient wastes of space
not that driving big trucks around for little things is much more efficient, but, that can be worked on too
>>
>>70680018
Target failed in Canada because they completely failed to understand why people would hop the border to shop at Target - because it was C H E A P E R. If they were just going to jack up all the prices to match every other store in the mall there was no fucking point in buying shit from them.

They also opened too many stores at once so they could never get their supply chains to keep up
>>
>>70680016
not really. the target in my area is the teenager hangout. only middle aged white women shop there
>>
>>70679754
>Even before the internet mom and pop stores always failed.

Huh? They only failed when big-box mofos came in and put everyone out by massive price undercutting, which was a phenomena not really seen until the 1980s came around and even then, it was NEVER bad for small retailers until the internet and the giant retailers like Amazon fucked the game up permanently.

I've been in business almost 20 years, so it's utter shit that small business fails all the time - rather, you have to be BETTER at the game when you're small, and give better service than the big faggots who just see a quick buck. Precisely why I have many customers whose names I recognize from 15 years back still shopping with me today, you take care of those who support you, they keep coming back, unless they're cheapfags who are just concerned with paying the lowest amount possible, and that kind of shittiness can't be helped.
>>
>>70679953

This.

And Target doesn't even have self-checkout. Like wtf are they thinking?
>>
>>70678055
Good, fuck target. Most incompetently run business in the world, no concept of how a fucking schedule works. They run from the top fucking down, and then bitch about how badly things are going.
>>
Our stores arent really that good tho. Trends and new cool stuff from the west that has already died and been buried 6 ft under are just now washing up on our shores. Its not just the whats in things too. Many shops that sell really durable or topnotch stuff can't be found here. Really no choice but to shop online sometimes.
>>
>>70680016
They can have some good deals.

I got a few roses bushes that are growing pretty great for half off. Also got an orange tree half off that is growing way better than one I paid full price for. Good thing they have a one year warranty, I'll probably return it if it dies and get one on clearance.

Also, a dozen donuts for $2 isn't bad. Same with other baked goods.

And if you like to check ads for local stores, Savings Catcher can save you a lot of money. Got some yakisoba noodles for half the price when they compared the price to Vons.
>>
>>70680201
Target could have gotten away with their pricing if they entered Canada before Wal-Mart started to really expand up here 10-15 years ago. If my town ended up getting a Target in 2004 instead of a Wal-Mart, that Target would still be standing.
>>
>>70678055
>Target

Good fucking riddance, place was worse than walmart. Only difference is the smug libshits who shop at Target thinking its better than walmart. Both are shit, both have shit customers, both have shit wages, fuck didnt Target get hacked and lose a bunch of its customers credit card numbers/bank account numbers?
>>
>>70680429

Bad experience working there?
>>
>>70680322
Those big box stores were small stores at one time
>>
>>70678055
Why should I give a fuck about a corporation who hires minorities over whites in America? I applied and got turned down once when I was a teenager while they hired a 300 lb Indian bitch and a couple black boys. They can burn in hell for all I care.
>>
The Minnesota based big box stores need to die off.

Target and Best Buy are both shit.
>>
File: received_10208492928696295.jpg (20 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
received_10208492928696295.jpg
20 KB, 600x606
>>70678696
Tfw can find same shit cheaper in a flea market than in the internet.
>>
Why are people calling Target a "big box store"? Do you guys not actually shop at target? It's not at all comparable to places like Walmart, Costco, or Winco. It's more like Fred Meyer's, just a regular department store, though it tends to be on the expensive side due to offering only big name brands, which also gives it a rather narrow selection of stuff compared to its competition.

It doesn't surprise me they are not doing well given Canada's crashing economy, the foothold they were struggling to get is probably entirely gone since consumers can't justify paying Target's marked up prices for appliances, clothing, and various other things they can get much cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>>70681030
Yeah I don't know how Best Buy stays in business. They basically straight up scam people with their service plan and geek squad services
>>
>>70681285
Americans need to stop buying up our shit and then closing down their business. I swear to God they're doing this on purpose so we have less options.
>>
>have a shitty business that's inconvenient and costs more than alternatives
>don't change
>go out of business
>THE CUSTOMERS SHOULD HAVE CHANGED WAHHH SUPPORT MY WALLET WAHHH OY VEYY
>>
Please stop giving Walmart shit and start at Amazon. Walmarts trying to move online to compete with them. The horseshit about how bad of an employer they are annoys me because if they fail against Amazon they'll start closing stores.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.