[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain ISIS to me? I haven't paid attention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-04-11-17-03-54.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-11-17-03-54.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
Can someone explain ISIS to me? I haven't paid attention to the news/media in years.
Please, and thanks.

Also, i know pic is hamas or whatever
>>
They're Muslims, but liberals are trying to convince everybody that they're not.
>>
File: aXm4364xjU.jpg (126 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm4364xjU.jpg
126 KB, 650x650
>>70669537

Offshoot of al-Qaeda which originated in Iraq during/after the invasion.

Gained more and more power in Iraq, especially after we withdrew, eventually spreading into Syria during their civil war.

Currently being BTFO by Assad, Iran and Russia.
>>
>>70670520
>
> Offshoot of al-Qaeda which originated in Iraq during/after the invasion.

> Gained more and more power in Iraq, especially after we withdrew, eventually spreading into Syria during their civil war.

> Currently being BTFO by Assad, Iran and Russia.

What's assad?

I thought they were all the same
>>
>>70670520
>>70672136
Also some Baathist elements, essentially the old guard of Saddam Hussein, joined up with ISIS.

Assad is the dictator in Syria, who was fighting his own civil war with revolutionary forces, and who is now fighting ISIS as the brunt of ISIS has spilled into Syria.
>>
Funded and trained by the CIA to wage a proxy war in Syria for the US.
>>
They're an Islamic literalist movement which is faithfully and accurately prosecuting holy war as laid out in the Quran.
>>
>>70672531
This is not true
>>
>>70672569
It is, Al-Qaeda element's are at times backed by the west, Turkey, and Saudi's and are at times bombed depending on the country and situation. As for ISIS the yaswell as other "moderate Jihadist's" were indeed funded and backed by NATO and the Saudi's covertly, this was done to topple Assad, a ally of Iran and Russia.

Our CIA and other's in the west despise Iran because Israel want's hegemony in the region, and because the Saudi's hate them.

Russia showed it's powerlevel and actually turn the tide of the war, and bombed the hell out of Jihadists in Syria. We have never been serious about stopping ISIS they wage war with Shi'ites, and they even border Israel!
>>
>>70672136
Bashar Assad, he is a Social National mafia like dictator that called it early on when the west instigated rebellion. The rebellion devolved into barbarian hordes of Jihadist's. Thus was born the Islamic state as we know it today.... Now it has spread with the help of NATO, and Turkey, and other nations, it now occupies land in Nigeria, Phillipines, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon ect...
>>
>>70669537
They only hope for the world.
Long live islamic state
>>
>>70672972
I'd agree that the Saudis fund and support ISIS in order to weaken Assad's regime, and that the Turks support ISIS for the same reason, but I very, very much doubt that the US government funded and/or trained ISIS fighters.

I do believe that they don't want to put boots on the ground and are reluctant to end the war because they don't mind ISIS as it helps achieve the US' geopolitical objectives as well, but I doubt they actively support it.
>>
>>70673705
Yes we did, in released paper we knew that a Islamic principality would emerge in the east of Syria, we knew this yet still destablized the situation.

We also trained and equipped fighter's we knew would defect to either Nusra or Daesh. Also we openly back the Army of conquest a coalition of rebel factions in northern Syria they are literally spearheaded by AQ in Syria, JabhatAl-Nusra.

How do you explain the year or two's worth of our airstrikes having little to no effect, when Russia turned the conflict around in less than 4 motnhs. It's because as the Iranians have pointed out we are not serious about stopping them.

Also Turkey is a member of NATO and ISIS only real supply route, prove me wrong, they get manpower, supplies, weapons ect, through a NATO country, trust me this is all known and allowed.

And do you honestly believe the airdrops into ISIS held territory are a mistake?
>>
>>70674592
Hmm. When you put it that way, I suppose it doesn't make a lot of sense that the US would just lose shipments
>>
>>70669537
it's basically an Israeli and American proxy army used to destabilize the Middle East and little more
>>
>>70674592
Russia isn't even striking Islamic State. They're striking the Free syrian Army and sometimes Al Nusrah front by mistake.
>>
File: lastarab.jpg (55 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
lastarab.jpg
55 KB, 600x421
>>70669537
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.