[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the civil war wasnt about slavery what was it about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 150x200
If the civil war wasnt about slavery what was it about?
>>
>>70668909
It was about the maximum keks
>>
>>70668909

Being civilized.
>>
The taxation and destruction of the Southern economy.
>>
Two sides that disagreed with each other.
>>
>>70668909
Taxes. It's always with taxes.
>>
>>70668909
it was about the federal government telling you what you could and couldn't posess.

/thread
>>
State rights
>>
>>70668909
Centralizing power and money into the hands of swarthy hooknosed kikes and their servants like every other war.
>>
>>70668909
Economics. The north was an industrialized society, the south was agrarian. The southern economy was reliant upon slave labor. Slaves were not viewed as people but as farming equipment. The south was merely trying to prevent the federal government from stealing their farming equipment
>>
>>70668909

>Abraham Lincoln repeatedly stated his war was caused by taxes only, and not by slavery, at all.

>"My policy sought only to collect the Revenue (a 40 percent federal sales tax on imports to Southern States under the Morrill Tariff Act of 1861)." reads paragraph 5 of Lincoln's First Message to the U.S. Congress, penned July 4, 1861.

money.
>>
>>70668909

Preserving the Union
>>
lincoln also repeatedly asked for war powers from congress and was denied each and every time. the civil war was fought under executive orders. sic semper tyrannis
>>
>>70668909
It was about finally having a means to prop up a massive centralized power structure, violate the Constitution, and put an end to the American Experiment.

Turns out everyone is free...

...to be a retard.
>>
>>70668909
It was to keep the South from flooding the country with Africans. And they were so butt-hurt afterwards that instead of sending them all back to Africa after the war, they tried to send them North instead. Most got lost and never made it five miles from their starting point.
>>
>>70669229
i thought that said texas
i need to sleep more
>>
>>70670972
haha my id is funny looking
>>
>>70668909

Fed power vs state power
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.