[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuclear waste solution? There is none.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: germanwaste.jpg (40 KB, 620x368) Image search: [Google]
germanwaste.jpg
40 KB, 620x368
>be /pol/cuck
>think nuclear energy is a good idea
>hide the waste underground for future generations to get fucked up the ass by and to leak into our water supplies
>think that we can just shoot radioactive material into space when there are real doubts we ever went to the moon
See this pic? That's going right into your supermarket food and tap water some day.
>>
>>70667549
Good, I'll get some sick superpowers.
>>
>>70667549
oh look its this thread again
>>
File: 1364577198164.jpg (9 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
1364577198164.jpg
9 KB, 196x257
>>70667549
>what is a thorium
Ill take "what relatively safe and clean material were the nazis stockpiling to power their thousand year reich" for 100
>>
>>70667549
Thorium flouride breeder reactors can utilize spent nuclear material in order to achieve fission.

Invest in that instead of whining.
>>
>>70667549
Hey, remember that time France had a problem with its nuclear waste disposal in a country the size of one US State?

Yeah, me neither. We have this thing called fucking Utah, dipshit, there is NO problem with nuclear waste disposal.
>>
>>70667549
Its simple, use Thorium and not uranium.

/thread
>>
>>70667549

Shoot it into space.
>>
File: smrs-mirage.gif (27 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
smrs-mirage.gif
27 KB, 300x247
Fact: The nuclear industry still has no solution to the 'waste problem'.
>>
File: 1441753520195.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1441753520195.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
>>70667549
>there are real doubts we ever went to the moon

here's your (you), Chang.
>>
>>70667549

The best solution has already been discovered and should be implemented immediately. Basically we've got to pack up all the waste and load it directly into your mother's endless vagina.
>>
>>70668575
>>70668401
>>70668372
It is still a next generation nuclear technology – theoretical.

Just like nuclear waste storage solutions. Theoretical. There has never been a permanent safe way to store nuclear waste.
>>
Once we fund Yucca we will have a permanent solution. It wouldn't be a problem for a minimum of 1000 years. Likely much longer than that.

P.S. burning coal creates more radioactive waste than nuclear. The only difference is that with coal we just let it go into the atmosphere instead of concentrating it.
>>
>>70668910
All in favor of OP's mom being declared "Yucco Mountain" say aye.

Aye.
>>
>>70667549

Spread a fine layer over the Middle East and Turkey.

No longer a problem.
>>
>>70668981
Theorhetical? We've had a working thorium reactor since the 60's.

It's about money, and always has been.
>>
>>70668981

>It is still a next generation nuclear technology – theoretical.

They had a running thorium reactor in the late 60s.

Also just store that nuclear waste for another 50-100 years and we´ll find a way to recycle it.
>>
>>70667549

You can store the Nuclear waste on the Moon.

But Nuclear energy is filthy and the reactor technology has not been evolved due to bad press.

> All our eggs are in one basket.
>>
>>70669137
>>70669148
Have you actually been there? Have you actually touched it and seen it working?

No, you haven't. Nobody has.

Thorium is joke.
>>
>>70668981
Store it in a stable glass form. Do not bury it in a permiable rock. An evaporite is the best, as fractures will self seal.
>>
>>70668981
Isn't however the reason why thorium reactors aren't researched with such an intesivity that you can only hardly make weapons from the byproducts?
>>
>>70668704

They do actually, Yucca mountain waste repository. It got shut down in 2011 because Obama was pushing feel-good woo like wind and solar. NIMBYfags and histrionic Greens ironically have helped push American fossil fuel production.
>>
>>70667549
>caring about "muh environment"
>being a degenerate liberal faggot
Choose two
>>
>>70669308
Fuck, didn't check flag.

Shame on me. However, /k/ has a resident nuclear pysicist (doxxed and legit) who agrees with the plausibility of thorium. He goes into great detail about the effects of nuclear material in his threads and is very informative.

Check him out sometime. I think his named OPPENHEIMER or something.
>>
>>70669443
A bad site, igneous geology with fractures that will not self seal.
>>
>>70669443
>it got shutdown
For good reason. It doesn't work and they were detecting leaks.
>>
>>70668851
There are plenty of holes in the moon landing story. It's definitely not a sure thing we ever went there.
>>
>>70668372
>what relatively safe and clean material
What is absolutely untrue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium_fuel_cycle
>>
>>70667549
stop making this thread faggot
we already answered you: breeder reactors
>>
>>70669791
I think he meant relative to Uranium.

I still wouldn't want to handle anything radioactive without protection.
>>
>>70667549
The earth already naturally produces many harmful substances that may or may not contaminate water supplies.

Nuclear waste probably only contributes a tiny fraction of water contamination cases. I've certainly never heard of anyone being poisoned by tap water contaminated by nuclear waste.
>>
>>70667549
I read a paper that suggested this has already happened in parts of the soviet union.

Close to its collapse they poured a lot of liquid waste into a deep boreholes somw of which now leaked into local groundwater.
>>
>>70668372
Did ZOG just give you a public approval of usage in baths for thorium on the televizion?

Fucking americans.
>>
File: Thorpstorage.jpg (103 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
Thorpstorage.jpg
103 KB, 600x449
>>70669791
Based Russian. Have a picture of Americans future swimming pools.
>>
>>70668401
>flouride
No, enough of that shit. Radioactive rock is radioactive rock. The thorium angle was like any startup fraud, the inventors made their millions and fucked off.

A real solution is find a way to accelerate the fission reaction in the reactor so there is no waste. Then again, if they build any more nuke plants we just run out of radioactive rock faster.

>>70669443
The best solution to all problems is human depopulation to more reasonable levels before we are swimming in poo. Nukes can do that, and this is and was the primary reason for their invention and manufacture today - not electricity generation, not to charge 10 billion ipods and iphones, that's cancer.
>>
>>70670137
What do you propose instead?
>>
>>70669604
Got some archive links? I'm always looking for stuff to help pro nuclear shilling.
>>
>>70670282
Breeder reactors and thorium. Granted, you still need uranium, but you can continue more efficient fission with thorium, and there's less waste.

I haven't heard about an investment scam with thorium. Any links?
>>
>>70670456
Honestly, people just start threads on /k/ trying to summon him. He lurks frequently. On mobile so I'm not going to trudge through archives.
>>
>>70670368
Step 1) Stop all nuclear projects right now.
Step 2) Take every single person involved with nuclear energy (users and supporters too) and lock them up
Step 3) Put them to work constructing the worlds biggest concrete sarcophagus that will last 1000 years
Step 4) Force them to breed with each other and to produce a mutant slave force
Step 5) Keep the slaves maintaining the tomb forever
Step 6) Show all future generations this hell-hole and accept there is nothing we can do about it, we must carry on the burden
>>
>>70670733
Then we dismantle the patriarchy, right sister?!
>>
You can store nuclear material 100% safely by submerging it in about two meters of water. Or more if you want to be paranoid.

Basically chuck it down a medium lake so you can fish it back up when you can use it as fuel again.

An event where that lake drains or evaporates means you got much bigger problems than slightly irradiating whatever happens to be near the exposed fuel containers.
>>
>>70667549
You realize you are just parroting what the big oil Jew started in the 70's as a smear campaign right? Nuclear is the only way forward for us as a society. All they wanted was to get the useful idiots to protest nuclear and the myth still prevails.

If we drop the shit underground far enough its not going to be a problem.

Seeing as you are likely a flat earthing retard (we went to the fucking moon you clown) you should consider killing yourself.

4/10 shitpost. I expect better Australia.
>>
>>70667549
We are making reactor working on nuclear wastes. Closed cicle.
If you want to fuck around with your toy windmills and sun mirrows - be my guest. But nuclear energy is perspective and must develop. It's already the most efficient source, but there are the flaws and they will not disappear if we stop researches and shut down all plants
>>
>>70667549
>caring about the future generation of niggers, chinks and mudslimes
is australia the worlds 5th most cucked nation?
>>
>>70667549
Why not shoot it into space?
>>
>>70670733
Melbourne needs to be nuked.
If not Melbourne, wherever you are proxyfag.
>>
>>70667549
There's microbes that consume nuclear waste
>>
>>70671570
>We are making reactor working on nuclear wastes. Closed cicle.
But its not. And its products order of magnitude more radioactive than conventional reactors.
>>
>>70669584
Adolf H. disagrees
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.