[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USSR; What do russians really think about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: USSR.png (9 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
USSR.png
9 KB, 2000x1000
What do russians today think about the USSR?
While playing CS:GO i've heard russians circlejerk about USSR but in other cases i've heard a lot of russians being against the past union.
>>
File: ooooooohyeaaah.png (39 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ooooooohyeaaah.png
39 KB, 200x200
>>70662854
BUMP
>>
>>70662854
Worse than the Nazis (peace be upon the 6,000,000).
>>
File: 1449672553203.png (181 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449672553203.png
181 KB, 400x400
Self bump
>>
>>70662854
logic says poor people want gomunism back while rich want capitalism.
>>
File: 1453583989030.jpg (218 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
1453583989030.jpg
218 KB, 1000x707
>>70662854

It is a really complex issue imo.

Among Russians it is generally agreed upon that in the times of the USSR the common man got fucked by politicians and there is a huge repertoire of jokes towards the union being inefficient, bureaucratic, oppressive, corrupt and so on. Still, there is a huge part of Russians (even the ones living abroad) who think that the fall of the Soviet Union is a tragedy and should have never happened. You can see yourself that the general population of Russia heavily supports the Soviet revisionism that Putin pushes at every corner and although technically Russia of today heavily rejects any notions of its politics being even close to the ones in USSR, the presence of the Union in Russia itself is suffocating. People from Russia do not necessarily like the obviously negative aspects of those times, so they pretty much ignore anything that even somehow puts them into a bad light historically.
I would say that the brainwashing of those times is frighteningly efficient, those people openly refuse to educate themselves on the actually history of Russia and gladly swallow the soviet propaganda (which survived to these days in Russian schools) and have a terrible, wacky sense of superiority. An eternal slav will twist and rationalize every argument against Russia or USSR to a degree which makes a modern lib-cuck blush.
The brains of the people in Russia who are now around 40 have been eaten alive by the propaganda and while it loses its grip on the next generations, its influence is still very strong and it has dangerous repercussions in Russian modern politics imo.
In general, an average older Russian will bitch and moan about the USSR, how he did not have enough to eat, how stuff was difficult to get, how he got fucked up in the army. But he will also remark that it was not all bad and still listens to soviet music, probably drives an old soviet car, buys products which did not change since that time and hates America and NATO.
>>
>>70662854
Well USSR Was a global superpower and Russia as at its most powerfull during Soviet Times so most Rusdians probally Love USSR. I might be Wrong though
>>
>>70664373
Sounds like Liberal german bitching. USSR Was most powerfull country in the world and made the largest advancements
>>
1st man in space
55 years later exact concept of ruskie launch vehicles still werks

CCCP had some fine ideas back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLBy-8vdeww
>>
>>70664587

I am a Russian living in Germany.
Maybe you should stuff your throat with some black dick instead of talking about issues you do not understand.
I never said that the power of the Soviet Union did not play into this, but the population would pull along anyway, that is what being a patriot means.
An old dude from that time will not miss the fact that Americans used to fear the Union and that his country won the space race, he will miss his old cigarettes they do not make anymore. You actually got me wrong all across the board, I believe that a lot people were genuinely happy in that time, but it does not change that this system abused its powers heavily and brainwashed its population.
>>
>>70662854
>Russian
>Think
>>
>>70665602

Here is your (You), obligatory hohol poster.
>>
>>70662854
I think more than anything Russians want to feel relevant again and the last time they were relevant was the cold war so they romanticise the USSR.
>>
File: North Korea.jpg (933 KB, 1920x1153) Image search: [Google]
North Korea.jpg
933 KB, 1920x1153
>>70665371
But the brainwashing never stopped. We are also brainwashed everywhere we go, its just a little more subtle, but its definitely there. Its just called social engineering and every society has it. But the only thing I like about the SU is their space program, their music and their propaganda.
>>
>>70662854
The breadlines were a great way to make friends.
>>
>>70666011
>>70666011
NK is er aardig op vooruit gegaan zo te zien. Good for them.
>>
My parents still think it was good - free education, housing, no unemployment, they were young. And well when Russia emerged state bank(the only bank) took all their saving and 'privatized' it. So they had to start from scratch. Also they think very highly of Germans after spending 5 years in East Germany.
I think USSR was a Russian nation imprisonment and dictatorship. Whenever I hear a stories about living in USSR I feel disgust. I don't like norms, worldview and working environment they had.
>>
File: lol muzzie.jpg (57 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
lol muzzie.jpg
57 KB, 620x465
>>70662854
Let Finnish snipers sort the cunts out.
>Simo Häyhä
I'd love to move to Finland. But I can't understand the language,and I speak fluent Scottish Gaelic, English and Spanish.

Fuck. The weather here is a cunt.
>>
Seems like Putin is rallying the country around Tsarist Russia and the orthodox church rather than the USSR. Probably a smart move considering the only reason the USSR is shit is because of communisms failings as an economic system.
>>
>>70666011

I personally really like the sci-fi literature from the times of the Soviet Union (whatever it might mean to you from a slav). Despite being obvious propaganda and a thinly veiled contest against America, the whole space race broke off a whole new movement with a futuristic mindset. It really seems to me like people always managed to be passionate about things back then despite harsh conditions. There is something unique and worthwhile about the USSR, I actually agree with older Russians that not everything was bad there.

>>70666573

Well, it is not like Russia is much better nowadays, there are certainly things there right now which disgust me just as much as the worst aspects of older times. I think it is really different strokes for different folks, even outsiders might like it there out of personal reasons. Actually I once spoke to a cab driver from Afganistan and after finding out that I am Russian he kept praising the Soviet Union the whole time, because back then he got an education and a place to live somewhere in Moscow.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.