[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Verizon Strike to Stop Outsourcing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1024x1024
40,000 Verizon employees are planning to strike on Wednesday to prevent the planned mass outsourcing of their jobs to India, Mexico, and the Philippines.

http://youtu.be/gp99NKeOq2Q

http://www.cwa-union.org/news/releases/verizon-workers-announce-strike-deadline-of-wednesday-april-13th

Bernie Sanders has already promised to defend union jobs from outsourcing, but we know he's full of shit. We need to get this to TRUMP so he mentions it during his rally tonight!
>>
if my FIOS gets interrupted i'll literally vote for fascists from now on until all of you are dead or in prison.
>>
Good. A lot more of this needs to happen.

All the power is in the hands of the people.
When we stop playing the game, that's when shit gets better.
>>
Strikes on outsourcing always seemed counter intuitive. Saying I refuse to work unless you guarantee my job won't go to someone else. I know there's more to it but it makes bad publicity in my opinion.
>>
File: 1459327254605.gif (3 MB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
1459327254605.gif
3 MB, 400x220
>>70653760
>Bernie Sanders has already promised to defend union jobs from outsourcing, but we know he's full of shit. We need to get this to TRUMP so he mentions it during his rally tonight!

You poor bastards, you actually think he gives a fuck about unions or their strikes.
>>
>>70653760

This is why unions are important!
>>
>>70653854

>people are losing their jobs to foreigners, about to be homeless and broke
>m-muh internet connection!
>>
>>70654155
Give me a J
>>
>>70653760
> strike
> to prevent the planned mass outsourcing
Yeah good luck with that. Just hastening the process like they did with Detroit.
The only leverage is the solidarity of consumers.
And the fractured nature of society will prevent this.
>>
>>70655912
>>70654155

If the strike disrupts Internet and phone service (which I think it might), customers will be leaving Verizon in droves, or at least screaming bloody murder.

Politically-speaking, Trump is the only Republican who could legitimately pull in union voters, and this is a perfect way to do so.
>>
>>70653760
Good for americans, they should reclaim their jobs back.
>>
>>70653760
Not a problem. Indians, Mexicans and Philipinos will be imported into the country. You won't complain, right, you're not a racist, are you?
>>
>>70656353
This, now they won't steal your jobs, since they'll be given gree citizenship.
>>
>>70654776
He's not wrong though
>>
File: comcast country.jpg (260 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
comcast country.jpg
260 KB, 1024x768
>>70656094
Problem with that is the monopolies that exist in literally every region when it comes to internet service providers. Realistically speaking, there's probably not even another choice in most people's areas because of this shit.
>>
>>70653760
>you're going to send my job overseas?
>then I'll not work, that'll make you keep my job here
I don't get it.
>>
>>70656293
Read >>70655912

The only way to stop Verizon from outsourcing jobs is by threatening them with a massive import tax hike or by preventing their products from being sold in America.

Companies only care about profits and their bottom lines; fuck with that and they’ll severly rethink their next move. It takes a strong leader to pull this off, which is why Americans should be voting for Trump.
>>
Verizon has been bought by Frontier. My dad's been working for GTE/Verizon for the past 40 years. Frontier is a bunch of shit lords that can't afford good employees.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.