[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /pol/ taken implicit bias tests?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: fat.png (64 KB, 1261x641) Image search: [Google]
fat.png
64 KB, 1261x641
>https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html

I will encourage /pol/ to participate in this very important study of social responses.

>Here is your result:
>Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Thin people over Fat people.

Also took the white/black test. Said I had a strong automatic preference to whites. Some Harvard professor thinks I'm racist now.

What do you guys think? Is it a bunch of baloney?
>>
>>70652722
>Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Thin people over Fat people

Does it also say you prefer water over hydrogen cyanide?
>>
I took one of these at my uni
Said I was a white supremacist and I had to take a sensitivity class after
>>
Bump, did the test

>Strong automatic preference for Thin People compared to Fat People.
>>
>>70652722
it's crap because it starts off by conditioning you to associate good/thin by assigning them to the same buttons and then forces you to switch. obviously it's gonna be more difficult to press the right button when you're trying to UNLEARN what you just learned
>>
File: 1423071504732.jpg (29 KB, 450x351) Image search: [Google]
1423071504732.jpg
29 KB, 450x351
>>70652722
>be me in highschool 3 years ago
>Psych class
>our teacher takes us to the computer lab to take the implicit bias test
>everyone i taking it, most people getting somewhat racist towards white or black, but nothing major
>I take the test
>Majorly biased towards white people
>teacher calls me out
>entire class shuns me
Fuck that bullshit. I got her fired tho, then her husband divorced her (he was also a teacher there) so it all turned out decently in the end.
>>
File: no_knock.gif (2 MB, 370x281) Image search: [Google]
no_knock.gif
2 MB, 370x281
>>70653999

Agreed. I took a few tests but only answered one survey at the end.

At least in the survey there was an explanation for your personal results you could check that basically said your results were biased by the order of the tests. So at least they know its flawed.

It just seems to be a lot more flawed than they probably think.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-11-14-13-16.png (109 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-11-14-13-16.png
109 KB, 720x1280
A stupid test, really. It trains you to mark whites with good words first. If they changed the order I would be able to get it right. All I got from this was that black people have more apelike faces than whites
>>
>>70654338
>I got her fired tho
How did you do that? Do you mean because she humiliated you in front of the class?
>>
>>70652722

>implicit bias

please. the bias on /pol/ couldn't be more explicit.
>>
>>70654716
reported her to the principal. Talked about how the entire class shunned me for something that was not my fault. It is implicit, after all. Her husband was a bro, such a cool guy.
>>
>>70654892
thats pretty pathetic desu.

i would have just owned it and laughed at them.
then again im from the south and would have got less shit for it.
>>
>How warm or cold do you feel towards Thin people?
How about stop asking stupid questions? Who even talks like this?
Just ask me if I prefer thin people over fat ugly slabs of fatass. Don't ask me about how cold I feel about thin people. That's stupid.
>>
>>70652722
>greentexting links

please, kill yourself, before you inconvenience anyone else.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html
>>
>>70652722
>Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Thin people over Fat people.
not surprised
>>
>>70655248
tru. I honestly just didn't like her; didn't really care about the class' perception.
>>
>>70655255
>What sex were you assigned at birth, on your original birth certificate?
Fucking hell.
Kill me.
>>
>>70652722
How much clearer than "I hate niggers" do I need to be, OP?
>>
Make it stop
>>
>>70652722
Yes, I took it a few months back.
Result was "Slight bias against White people"

keked out loud
>>
>>70652722
>took the racism one
>said I had no preference for whites
it's not very accurate and it took like 30 minutes. Ridiculous waste of time
>>
>Project Implicit is undergoing maintenance right now. The site will be back online in an hour.
>>
>>70656034
same. just after doing the fucking test.
>>
File: wymtunkbwmiascork29s.jpg (57 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
wymtunkbwmiascork29s.jpg
57 KB, 620x400
>>70655873
That's because all it wants is your private information.
Why do you think it asks your post code, location, age and all that crap that has no relevance to the actual test? Pure data mining.
I skipped those.
>>
File: 17466556.jpg (106 KB, 593x792) Image search: [Google]
17466556.jpg
106 KB, 593x792
>Your data suggest strong preference of White People over Black People.
>>
>Sometimes other groups must be kept in their place.

what does it even mean
>>
>>70655873
>Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American
worked for me, maybe you're just not a racist
>>
>>70656264
Kek I told them I was an Asian Muslim from who speaks South African English who originated from Kyrgyzstan and is currently living in North Korea.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.