[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70u 748VALt4 >The gas gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: saturn5allclean2.jpg (1 MB, 2058x3297) Image search: [Google]
saturn5allclean2.jpg
1 MB, 2058x3297
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70u748VALt4
>The gas generator from an F-1 engine is test-fired at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., on Jan. 24, 2013. Data from the 30 second test will be used in the development of advanced boosters for NASA's Space Launch System, which is managed at the Marshall Center. (NASA/MSFC)
Why does NASA need to test fire a 40 year old rocket engine in order to use the results in the development of a new delivery system? Is NASA going backwards with respect to tech?
>>
>>70646564
>Why does NASA need to test fire a 40 year old rocket engine in order to use the results in the development of a new delivery system?

Because they havent built one on 40 years.
>>
>>70646657
So the tech is lost?
>>
>>70646564
Would you test a car's engine that hasn't run in 40 years?
>>
>>70646564
>>70646724

Thay also had do dissemble one of apollo capsule taken from museum to check how heatshield was constructed

Its literally wh4k0, wonder if they pray o machine spirit
>>
>>70646724

The people who designed, built, and used the old ones are probably dead or retired.
>>
File: r_roman_road.jpg (376 KB, 709x465) Image search: [Google]
r_roman_road.jpg
376 KB, 709x465
>>70646942
>>70646852
So it's like a re-run of post-Roman Empire society, right? Europe lost the tech to build roman roads after the empire fell... And they didn't get the road construction tech back until late 19th century.
>>
File: n1.jpg (70 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
n1.jpg
70 KB, 1200x1600
by the way
don't you think that n1 looked cool?
very exotic design, it even used grid fins
>>
>>70647222
Anything heavy duty looks cool, friend.
>>
>>70647165

You can read all the documents you want about something, but until you do a real run, you don't learn anything until you do it. It's like in university, the book can tell you everything about something but the the real world is still different. Not that you'd know anything about university studies.
>>
File: SVSD-4[1].png (586 KB, 1050x1412) Image search: [Google]
SVSD-4[1].png
586 KB, 1050x1412
Should've just gone with the Sea Dragon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Dragon_(rocket)
>>
>>70647418
nah, rockets are for pussies
>>
File: blackscienceman.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blackscienceman.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>70646942
Don't worry we got this guy on the job now. He did the math.
>>
>>70647400
No need to project, amerifriend. Your country is literally falling apart as we speak and you throw out these limp-dicked passive aggressive insults at me.
>>
>>70646564
>Why does NASA need to test
Ask me how I know that you are the most clueless faggot on this board again
>>
>>70646564
Is this an SLS thing?

Because it sounds like the failed abortion that is the SLS.

By the time they have a working rocket, spacex will have fully re-usable first stage with a third more payload capacity for one-hundredth the cost.

If anyone at NASA or congress had a lick of sense, they'd cancel the SLS right now and funnel that money into actual science and engineering.
>>
>>70648556
You pulled it out of context, poofriend.
>>
>>70648666
Alright Herr Krampus, please enlighten me what you know of industrial space mission protocols, space travel in general.
Don't throw space flight terminology words at me, show real knowledge
Also this is technology related, nothing to do with politics. head to >>>/g/
>>
File: trdsurujdrctyj.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trdsurujdrctyj.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>70646852
This fact is literally the downfall of western society summarised.
>>
>>70648998
I know that when NASA has to test a 40 year old rocket engine shit's pretty fucked.
>>
>>70649305
>Clueless faggot
yup, confirmed.
Get out now.
>>
>>70649535
Poo, pls
>>
I just thought of something: this situation is basically the equivalent of von Braun pulling a rocket engine built in the middle of 1920's from some museum and studying it's operation and materials in order to build F-1.
>>
if it's not broken and it works then just use that. it's better to spend money on an old yet effective rocket engine design then spend millions of dollars creating one from the ground up with the chance it won't work.
>>
Because NASA is one of the biggest wealth extraction schemes in history
>>
>>70650331
There's also pride, currently you use Russian rockets.

kek.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.