[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Germany mulling Turkish demand to prosecute comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: de!turk.gif (2 KB, 360x216) Image search: [Google]
de!turk.gif
2 KB, 360x216
>Germany is considering a request from Turkey to prosecute a TV comedian who wrote a crude poem about the Turkish president, Chancellor Angela Merkel's spokesman said Monday.

>The request poses an awkward choice for the German leader as she relies on Turkey to reduce the influx of migrants to Europe.

>Turkey sent a diplomatic note making "a formal request for criminal prosecution" of comedian Jan Boehmermann, Merkel spokesman Steffen Seibert said.

>Boehmermann read the poem on ZDF television two weeks ago to illustrate what he said wouldn't be allowed in Germany, contrasting it with another channel's satirical song that also poked fun at Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Germany's ambassador was summoned to the foreign ministry in Ankara last month to hear a protest over that song.

>While the German government defended the song as legitimate free speech, it has strongly distanced itself from the poem. Seibert has said that Merkel and Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu agreed the poem was "deliberately offensive."

>Germany's criminal code provides for up to three years in prison or a fine for insulting a foreign head of state. However, it stipulates that such offenses are only prosecuted if the country in question seeks prosecution and the German government allows it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/germany-mulling-turkish-demand-prosecute-comic-101752732.html?nhp=1
>>
>>70643658
>While the German government defended the song as legitimate free speech, it has strongly distanced itself from the poem.

Faggots would defend the author and the poem if they truly cared about free speech.

Why claim you have free speech if there is a penalty for insulting someone?

What a fucking joke.
>>
>>70643658
what a joke
request denied.

verdammt nochmal.
>>
>>70643658
>Germany's criminal code provides for up to three years in prison or a fine for insulting a foreign head of state.

WEW
>>
>>70643658
>Boehmermann read the poem on ZDF television two weeks ago to illustrate what he said wouldn't be allowed in Germany

Well, guess someone needed to prove it. Again. Not sure why, because nothing will convince anyone that doesn't already know liberals hate freedom.
>>
File: 1459925744746.png (445 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1459925744746.png
445 KB, 414x499
i mean i don't like erdogan but
the way he absolutely fucked everyone in the arse in europe is absolutely top-tier, i fucking love it. he should do more. i hope he sends over more refugees as well, you white piggus deserve it lol
>>
>>70644214
To be fair, how cucked Europeans are acting, they do deserve it.

It took almost a year for PEGIDA to finally make it out to a city that isn't 95% European.

Also
>i mean i don't like erdogan but

Enjoy tour arrest
>>
>>70644214
>i mean i don't like erdogan
Greetings to MİT when they come for you
>>
Disgusting and pathetic to see GERMANY obeying the whims of T*rkey

I bet this wouldn't have happened if Germany had someone, anyone other than fucking Merkel leading them, because then they could have never brought this down upon them, acted to stop and police refugees attempting to cross, and never invited the entire third world into Europe.

Merkel refuses to admit the massive mistake she made, she has too much pride, she is infallible she believes and so she now is beholden to the demands of Erdogan lest he stop policing the refugees and the borders himself and let them all flood Europe, exactly the scenario Merkel was fine with before she realized what a collosal fuckup it was.

Fucking worst leader of a country ever.
>>
>>70643978
That's some next level cuckery tho
>>
File: 234624.jpg (38 KB, 434x429) Image search: [Google]
234624.jpg
38 KB, 434x429
>>70643658

What's the big deal? Germany has traditionally problems with freedom of expression, show me one incarnation of Germany which doesnt.
>>
its about the cuck who made this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQkV5cTuoY

i hope he gets raped to death in prison
>>
>>70645747
It's the fact she claims the German government supports free speech, but are stepping away from supporting him. Plus the fact it's a three year sentence for insulting a leader.

Other Europeans say the same thing, until you bring up denying the Holocaust, Nazi salute, swastikas, or insulting non-white, non-Christians.
>>
Who cares, let Turkey have that faggot so he sees how shit they are.
He's the same refugee loving retard that brought us the 'proud not to be proud' video. Self hating leftist piece if shit.
>>
>>70645923
they say that the free speech is not something which is discussable. But since the poem is very insulting, they have to distance themselves from him. What do you think would happen if Merkel would say she thinks its good that someone called Obama a goatfucker. This is not happening because they are against free speech, this is happening beacause politicians cant do certain things.
>>
>>70643658
Friendly reminder that the same """""Comedian""""" also did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQkV5cTuoY

:^)
>>
>>70645987
I wonder how smug this fucker would be in a turkish prison :^)
>>
>>70645885
>>70646275
On the bright side, seeing as how cucked Germany is, he will be prosecuted
>>
File: 1414606062566.jpg (61 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1414606062566.jpg
61 KB, 500x738
>>70646275
needs more fucking downvotes
>>
>>70646166
Unless they defend what others say, no matter how retarded or offensive, they're not for free speech
>>
>>70645987
> the 'proud not to be proud' video
wasn't it a sarcastic video ?
>>
>>70643658
Kek. Even the roaches cuck Germany. It's well known that German women can't resist BRC (BIG Roach cock).
>>
>>70646486
free speech:
even if i dont like or even hat what you say, i will fight for your right to say it.

Free speech has nothing to do with defending what others say, it has something to do with defending the right of free speech,so he can say it.
>>
File: german-islam-flag-03.gif (4 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
german-islam-flag-03.gif
4 KB, 650x400
Deutschland Deutschland unter Allah!
>>
>>70646729
And charging him with insulting a leader isn't defending free speech
>>
>>70643658
what does turkey even produce besides magic carpets?
>>
>>70643658
>Boehmermann

takbir
>>
I pretty much stopped caring anyways and are mostly happy when some leftist fucks like that get fucked over by their beloved Gutmenschen tyranny.
>>
File: 1452706951583.png (76 KB, 870x715) Image search: [Google]
1452706951583.png
76 KB, 870x715
>>70647110
"Refugees".
>>
File: germanydiediedie.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
germanydiediedie.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>70643658

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoolQUDWq-k
>>
>>70646908
they did not charge him.

So let me explain you the situation: The turkish embassy asked germany in a fromal request to charge him for what he said. So the geman ministry has to take it and find out wherever this is a crime or not. They did not charge him, they only check if it is even possible to charge him or not.
>>
File: Turkey-Erdogan-Want-Arrested.png (184 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
Turkey-Erdogan-Want-Arrested.png
184 KB, 650x365
Hmm I got an idea.

How about Assad gets to stay and Erdogan goes instead?
>>
File: 1455805708113.png (731 KB, 1300x845) Image search: [Google]
1455805708113.png
731 KB, 1300x845
>>70644214
A correct roach is still a roach
>>
>>70647110
we actually have a pretty good industry
>>
>>70643658
>Germany's criminal code provides for up to three years in prison or a fine for insulting a foreign head of state. However, it stipulates that such offenses are only prosecuted if the country in question seeks prosecution and the German government allows it.

literal cuckold foreign policy
>>
>Germany's criminal code provides for up to three years in prison or a fine for insulting a foreign head of state.

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>70647997
>>70647771
thats not true
see >>70647433
>>
File: raoch.jpg (57 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
raoch.jpg
57 KB, 620x310
>>70647616

illegal immigrants and weapons for IS.
>>
>>70646823
Schnauze.
>>
Deny the damn request. We've taken enough from turkroches. Weg mit den Viechern
>>
>>70643658
>>70643978

>Germany's criminal code provides for up to three years in prison or a fine for insulting a foreign head of state

wut.
>>
>>70643739
>Why claim you have free speech if there is a penalty for insulting someone?
It's the liberal motto

>I believe in free speech but
>>
>>70650160
>>I believe in free speech but

...but there are people who say things I dislike/disagree with/am offended by.

... we could have freespeech, if only the plebs did as they were told, knew who the right people to vote for were, and said only agreeable things.
>>
>insult pope
>free speech
>insult christians
>free speech
>insult putin
>free speech
>insult assad
>free speech
>insult gadaffi
>free speech
>insult roach dictator
>HURR RACISM JAIL
>insult jew
>HURR RACISM JAIL
>insult muslim
>HURR RACISM JAIL
>>
File: erdogan-cant-fix-stupid.jpg (39 KB, 512x342) Image search: [Google]
erdogan-cant-fix-stupid.jpg
39 KB, 512x342
>>70648706
>>70647433
see
>>70643658
>>Germany's criminal code provides for up to three years in prison or a fine for insulting a foreign head of state. However, it stipulates that such offenses are only prosecuted if the country in question seeks prosecution and the German government allows it.

Sounds like their law does explicitly permit for this charge, at the discretion of the state. Now the state has to charge him or they insult Erdogan.

Should insult Erdogan, don't get me wrong, but the bigger point is should have free speech. Germany does not.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.