[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do minorities hold on to their ethnic identity instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
Why do underachieving Blacks, Mexicans and some other minorities in the U.S. think getting good grades in school and holding an actual job is "acting White?" Researchers have always blamed systemic racism and institutional discrimination to explain why minorities are not on the same socioeconomic status as Whites, even relatively. Holding on to their gangsta/cholo culture seems to be more of a payoff than participating in WASP culture. Honest work and doing good in schools are for "suckas" and no real nigga or cholo would willingly be a slave and subject themselves to Whitey. So instead, they constantly oppose the dominant culture of the country they live in, challenging authority. They have a "us and them" mentality that absolves their personal responsibility for failure and shifts blame on successful Whites and even successful Blacks and Mexicans who are then labeled "Uncle Toms" or "americanizar." There are familial and personal incentive for gangstas/cholos to leave the hood, get clean and live an honest life, but not if Whites are able to define what a normal lifestyle is.

So /pol/, why is this the case? Why can't American citizens assimilate into their own dominant culture? In a time of post-Civil Rights, why is there such a racial divide in the United States and not a class divide as in other Western countries?
>>
>>70642322
Because they're not white and therefore retarded.
>>
>>70642322
They are more inbred than Western Europeans so they stick to their own.
>>
Because liberals told them to
>>
>>70642322
Because they think school is for chumps and all about getting laid and getting paid.
>>
>>70642322
And somehow America owes them and has to help them be successful and when they are not it is America's fault for not institutionalizing school for them and setting the standard too high.
>>
>>70642322

Trust me, it's only the ghetto uneducated trash that keep proliferating their degenerate culture. Kids who face no adversity and stick to their immigrant parent's culture are raised the same way their parents were and never assimilate fully. They obtain this hatred for "the man" because they are too lazy to actually work hard or go to college.

I've yet to meet a soft spoken african.
>>
>>70642322

who nose?
>>
>>70642322
Reluctance to renounce their primary identity (culture, religion or race) for the national identity.

They got lied to by the left that their culture and who their communities are would disappear if they did. SO BIX NOOD WE WUZ KINGS STOP TRYINA APPROPRIATE OUR CULTURE WHITEY UZ JUST A CUMSKIN
>>
>>70642322
Because they can. Fuck off cracker this isn't your country to make decisions
>>
Mexico gets a pass, and EAs prefer to be seen as American first.
>>
>>70642322
I really don't op. I just don't talk to those people anymore.
>>
>>70642322
Because America has no culture, it's a melting pot.
>>
>>70642322
Grew up chicago south side, had to deal with being called an outsider by my own ethnic group. The dominant culture there for minority is gang life. Maybe you don't see how pervasive it is because you didn't experience it everyday. People believe the lie that thier best bet is gang life/culture. Add to the fact these people do not have many links to non bluecollar or minimum wage work/ white collar lifestyle, its easy to start thinking its impossible or not what youre meant to be. I've seen many cholos get older and realize how stupid they are, but youth, impressions, local culture pressure and even segregation (esp in the south side) continue to hold back many
>>
File: 1372299698016.jpg (290 KB, 781x661) Image search: [Google]
1372299698016.jpg
290 KB, 781x661
identity politics is used as a divide-and-conquer strategy by elites to retain power

This board is filled with pro-white race-war bait, it's precisely the same shit under a different color. People are tribalistic morons who make irrational in-group/out-group differentiations.

>mfw SJWs and /pol/ are two sides of the same coin

we're fucked, if you didn't realize.
>>
>>70643371
The feel
>>
>>70642322
Because no one wants to adopt a culture of obesity, meth use, losing half your shit in divorces and being cuckk.
>>
>>70642322
NO CULTURE
S S
A A
>>
>>70643606
>no one wants to adopt a culture of obesity

that's totally false, worldwide obesity is skyrocketing

in fact, cheap greasy sugary shitty diet that makes you fat is practically america's #1 cultural export
>>
>>70642322
THeir schools teach them being american is bad thanks to commies in academia.
Same as Europe.
Why should algerians be proud of being french or Turks feel like germans when they are told by french and german themselves that France and Germany is evil?
>>
>>70643425
This
When will /pol/ take the real red pill
>>
>>70643317
Shut the fuck up mohammed.
>>
>>70642322
I live in south Texas and am a Latino who calls himself American as does my family. Anyways I would say it's half and half of people who call themselves Mexican over American. Point being it's not all minorities it's just the uneducated class or the extreme leftist type of people who do.
>>
>>70642322
Because they weren't raised with enlightenment values and are therefore still pretty tribal. Also, liberals, self hating whites, and political correctness encourages it (and likewise stigmatized assimilation)
>>
>>70642322
These people wish to be in America rather than be an American. They want to reap the benefits of our cucked government and to desperately cling to their cultural past. They even have the support of some Americans to keep their old culture with those Americans saying that it is racist/hateful to want the minorities to assimilate to American or western culture, though it's not as bad as it is in Europe
>>
>>70643977
Sucking up to the yanks isn't going to get you past that wall Pedro.
>>
File: 1446003020774.jpg (795 KB, 1600x798) Image search: [Google]
1446003020774.jpg
795 KB, 1600x798
>>70642322
They don't assimilate because they have no reason to. Why would they give up their traditional values for the sake of a hollow culture centred around fast food and celebrities? Immigrants in general are much harder to integrate than conquered peoples; compare muslims in america to those in russia.
>>
>>70644256
I go to the north country whenever i want, unlike you that are in a no flight list for being a mudshit.
>>
>>70644393
>>70644256
guys, america is currently being plundered by the lizardmen, there's no point in coming here if it's going to be destroyed in 10-15 years you'll just have to move again, bong and beaner

we have to take the fight to the elites and stop fighting amongst ourselves
>>
>>70642322
Lower IQ
Nigger culture teaches you its cool to be a loser
Can't accept their culture is inferior and refuse to join the winning team
>>
>>70644393
Smuggling yourself and 12 other siblings in a crate of vegetables doesn't count.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.