[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do caths think husbands are above their wife? I know they acknowledge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 750x725
Do caths think husbands are above their wife?
I know they acknowledge there are 2 genders and both have different tasks. I also like that pope francis said there will never be female priests.
But I have the cathechism here and it doesn't say anything about who's "the man" in the house. Or are both equal righted?
Please not your opinion but official church doctrin (that part of doctrin that is unchangable). Also are caths willing to defend this or do they pussy out?
Pic related evangelical view
>>
>jesus
>natural
>>
I agree with the image
>>
I think women are a bit more frantic but otherwise I see them as equal for the most part.
I'm just very accepting about them being emotional and irrational sometimes, it's not like you can change them and when they're calm they're decent and nice people too.
>>
File: Jesus_sees_you.jpg (160 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_sees_you.jpg
160 KB, 1200x900
>>70638320
>The Catholic view is that men and women are equal in the sight of God. In marriage, each is to sacrifice himself or herself for the other. They are to build a family together through cooperation with each other and mutual respect.
>Where there is an absolute difference in the roles the two sexes can play is in the giving of life. By natural law, only women can give physical life by serving as mothers. By supernatural law, only men can give spiritual life to the faithful by serving as priests. Women have the privilege of being intimately associated in the giving of life through birth, and men have the privilege of being intimately associated in the giving of life through the priesthood.
>Mary displayed the fullest extent of the maternal calling by becoming the Mother of Christ, who is God, while Christ displayed the fullest extent of the priestly calling by becoming our High Priest before his Father.
In general its the same as your pic
>>
>>70638320
what if the husband is black?
>>
File: 1458696551550.jpg (69 KB, 520x494) Image search: [Google]
1458696551550.jpg
69 KB, 520x494
>only official doctrin
okay here goes

OP has never been with a woman in his entire life
>>
>>70638840
This isn't to degrade women it's about the authority of father and husband

>>70638902
Don't matter
>>
>>70638901
Great insight.
>>
>>70638320
Both are of equal importance and compliment each other

the father sacrifices for his family as christ did for the church

similar to how a preist sacrifices him self for the church

there is no reason to put it in terms of authority, its just each person fufilling the role they were created for
>>
>>70638320
"The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does."
The man is the head of the household, that's a fact. He's the breadwinner and the wife's role is to raise children, but they are supposed to complement each other, men and women have different strengths and weaknesses. Men are naturally stronger, we can do harder work, we can deal with emotional crises better this is why we have the working role we can do a better job of it. Women are more emotional, they can do a better job of helping a crying child than a man could because it's just hard for the man to feel sympathy for the child, women are more emotional so she would naturally be able to help him better because of her natural motherly instincts. So although the man is the head of the house the two must work together to ensure their children are raised properly. This is why single mother households don't work, they aren't as logical and can't put as much discipline into a child, single father households are better but they aren't as good with the emotional aspect of raising a child. I don't think I need to mention why having two mentally ill men or women raising a child is bad.
>>
File: 1436236405502.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1436236405502.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
A wife should submit to her husband.
>>
Paul gave the Catholic view
>>
A wife is obligated to submit to her husband, but the husband is obligated to respect and care for the wife.

It makes perfect sense when you take a context of a society where women are a protected class who don't do the same kind of work as men.

The man and woman love each other. So they perform the roles they are best at to create a good household.

It doesn't mean you accept spousal abuse or rape, because to do such a thing is a violation of the marriage vows.

It is talking about creating an ideal household.
>>
>>70640217
Authority as in disagreement over which car to buy or how to punish the bratty son nothing rapeish
>>
>>70639643
that ass hng, just imagine black cock ramming that
>>
This is how my family has run since day 1.

Six years and three children on my wife is incredibly happy knowing her place.

She was also a virgin when we married.
>>
File: 1460305516354.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1460305516354.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>mfw I hear people saying they want a "submissive" gf
Been there, done that, it was hell. It was like living with a parasite. Imagine having to be around someone all the time and not being able to talk about anything substantial. It was like babysitting.
>>
>>70642091
But did she make food for you?
>>
>>70641419

He is Swedish, he doesn't have to imagine it.
>>
>>70638320
Stop taking it so literally

"God". Is the supreme athourity (whatever God you choose is your choice but acknowledge that you are not the ultimate power in the universe)

Man is the leader of the family and above the female, this is obvious if you think critically about male and female relationships and interactions and has been the default for nearly all human civilization

Just because some cunts in 1975 started to rebel doesn't mean the natural order has changed

The wife is subservient to the husband and the children are subservient to the wife

This is proven as the most effective family structure
>>
>>70642579
I know I want to know if the church does too or are they/will they pander to strong independent women
>>
>>70642878
The church does

But there are elements of liberal rot (see the pope) that all organizations can get

Non Catholics should understand that the pope isn't God he is the leader of the church but just cause he is a commie loving ass doesn't mean he can change the dogma
>>
>>70638320
Yes.
>>
>>70638320
In Ireland the mother always had a very strong role within the family unit. That's possibly something that survived from preChristian times. The man was still the head of the household and the final decision maker but he wouldn't have regarded her as a lesser. There is a mutual respect.
>>
>>70642091
>Imagine having to be around someone all the time and not being able to talk about anything substantial. It was like babysitting.
That's not so much submissive as mindless.
You don't quite understand a person can be submissive and still have a mind.
Maybe you were both subs?
>>
File: jesus.jpg (95 KB, 830x543) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
95 KB, 830x543
>>70643912
pretty much the same in Poland. Strong woman's role in relationship dates back to pagan times. In christian times it resulted in Marian devotion as strong as towards Jesus.
>>
>>70638320
>putting imaginary things above your own family
This is what's wrong with Christians.
>>
>>70644711
I think the countries that lost our duality within the family are the ones suffering from feminism and that cancer the most.
>>
>>70638320
haha germany shit putting a jew above all
>>
>>70638320
>Do caths think husbands are above their wife?
Do they believe that men have to sacrifice their health and lives to provide resources and protection to their women?
>>
>>70638320
Replace Jesus with Natural Law, and then it's good.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (74 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
74 KB, 500x638
>>70645000
trips wont save you from burning for blasphemy
>>
>>70645000
They are cucked by jesus
>>
>>70645141
atheists are the worst.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 768x652) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 768x652
>>70645000
Nice quads

But your wrong m8 and let me tell you why. (I'm not a catholic btw not very religous)

The idea that there is a higher athourity above the fallibility of man is a phillisophicle notion to prevent tyranny.

Our rights in the United States are "endowed by our creator". So that they are outside of the athourity of other mortal men to take away.

Man is not God and we as a society has decided to think of ourselves as gods.

When you do not defer power to the creator (God, nature whatever) you do selfish things because who cares! I'm god I can do "whatever I want". It makes people selfish in material wealth, in sexuality and hedonism, in their actions.

One of the worst things the west did was divorce itself from the notion that there is a Higher athourity Once man becomes the highest athourity we begin to corrupt because mortals but their nature are corruptable and flawed
>>
File: 1428880610472.jpg (83 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
1428880610472.jpg
83 KB, 640x634
>>70638320
>Do caths
are you mudslim ?
>>
>>70645192
And believing in something really hard won't make it less imaginary.
>>
>>70639643
sauce desu senpai
>>
>>70642091

This desu, i did that once also. It was good for the sex/food but everything else was pretty fucking boring.
>>
File: yup_jews.jpg (54 KB, 960x535) Image search: [Google]
yup_jews.jpg
54 KB, 960x535
>>70645486
no, but it makes me a better man.
>>
>>70638320
where in that image says men are above women?
it only says that the husband should support and protect the wife. why the fuck is that being "above"?
the whole premisse of this patriarchy bullshit is just wrong.

In other words: if I'm supposed to die for her, how is that being above?
>>
>>70642091
If you want someone to have deep conversations with have friends.
>>70645547
What else do you think a woman is for?
>>
>>70645672
Honoured to work with Polelads here in Ireland. We got white Christian Europeans with strong beliefs and a similar culture.
England let a bunch of fucking muslims in lel. They don't even know if they're a Christian country anymore. Stupid cunts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9srUmoBtEA
>>
>>70645093
You do realize that Jesus had the biggest problems with the Jewish leaders right? How he raged when they were using the temple to make shekels.
>>
>A Palestinian Jew above all else
stop being such cucks, Germanbros
>>
>>70645412
yea... So In religious shitholes tyrany never occured.
>>
For what its worth, I've seen women repost this on facebook.
>>
>>70646897
>comparing theocracies to the enlightened U.S. constitution and philosophical underpinnings

Polocks are usually based
>>
>>70638320
Equality doesn't imply similarity. Gender roles have a large natural basis, and both roles are necessary for a properly functioning society.

>>70645986
You have good insight. This line of thinking largely comes from the fact that for most of history the military class (the protectors) has also been the ruling class.
>>
>>70639643
Sauce?
>>
>>70638840
>I see them as equal
Because you are a beta male
>Netherlands
Would you look at that a north european male being a beta.
>>
File: 1345423969443.jpg (118 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1345423969443.jpg
118 KB, 406x364
>>70638901
>you will never make a family like this
>>
>>70647057
You have 300 million plus people yet your political structure has been controlled by a handful of families and nepotism is rampant.
Your constitution has been shit on continuously for years and you've allowed it. Whatever you had, you let it go.
>>
>Getting cucked by Jesus
>Not even once
>>
>>70647597
there is still a chance USA comes back, but its looking less likely everyday
>>
My family is catholic, and nobody thinks the husband is above the wife. They believe that they are each responsible for different aspects of the family and household. And often traditional roles are the best fit. But nobody spergs out if the husband is unable to work so he takes care of the kids and the wife works, or they both work and both split the chores.

There's no one partner on top. It's a loving partnership. The man may make financial decisions and the woman may make childcare decisions, or vise versa. It's about using the individual strengths of each; what works best for this partnership.
>>
>>70645986
It says submit to the husband's authority. Also the husband is LITERALLY above the wife in that pic. Are you autistic?
>>
>>70638320
It's in the Bible, bro.
>>
>>70647723
I hope you do come back.
>>
>>70647898
But caths don't think the bible is ultimate authority
>>
but you don't need anything other than the top umbrella
>>
>>70645672
Jewish cup empty every time.
>>
>>70645000
>putting humans before God
Pretty pathetic to be quite honest with you there, buddy.
>>
>>70647857
the premisse is wrong fuck face.
and the image doesn't mean shit. I could make my own image with the wife on top (because ultimately they are on the fucking pedestal if you think about it)
they give up authority but they get a lot in return including safety.

who's to say what variables make one superior to the other?

that's what I'm saying hans. I know you only get concepts through images or lists, so you can be a good industrial tool for germoney but you need to go deeper and think differently sometimes.
>>
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
1 Corinthians 7:1-40
>>
>>70648283
>and the image doesn't mean shit. I could make my own image with the wife on top
You asked where in the image the husband is above the wife

>fuck face
>I know you only get concepts through images or lists
Jesus are you insecure. Calm down
>>
>Jesus above husband
so all Christians are literal cucks by their own admittance :^)
>>
>>70647953
Nice meme.
>>
>>70639643
Wives were created to comfort their husbands after a long hectic day of work to feed the family. Men get very little credit for the level of abuse we take from society to ensure our family lives comfortably. A man is not complete nor at ease without the comfort of a woman.
>>
Replace Jesus with the fascist state and you're good.
>>
>>70641549
If not fake and gay b8, do you like making the rest of us feel bad?
>>
>>70648716
Stay in your own country.
>>
>>70649029
UK is Pakistan 2.0
>>
>>70648013
Ahh, did you just have a awakening Straya?
>>
>>70642091
In my experience every GF I've ever had it felt like I was babysitting whether they were submissive or not.

It's why I don't even bother anymore. I just do my own thing. Just go hiking or to the beach with my dog when I feel like going outside.
>>
>>70649235
>england is pakistan 2.0
ftfy
Come to NI and you'll get a free wheelchair, if you fancy it.
>>
>>70639643
fucking sauce already
>>
>>70639643
>tfw you hands are long and bony and not cute like that guy's hands
>>
>>70649425
This, I believe its a meme that woman are more "social/adventerous" because once the initial start of the relationship (getting a real mental and emotional feel for the person) they become idk the exact word but "lazy" and kinda just rely on you to come up and do everything.
>>
>>70649568
I don't want to move from one third world country to another. I am happy where I am, at least food is good and people speak my language.
>>
>>70649755
Good man.
>>
>>70638320
Looks good to me. Who cares what catholics think?
>>
>>70649755
How many infidels have you IED'd and how many goatfus do you have?
>>
>>70649568
ftfy = fuck the free year?
>>
>>70650235
fixed that for you you new cunt.
>>
>>70648560
>You asked where in the image the husband is above the wife
as a concept. I can see by myself that it is literally above, but that is only it. Also, they represent umbrellas, not a pyramid and as far as I know if you are under an umbrella you are comfy
>>
>>70649755
Based pakistian
>>
>>70645672
idk dude, they might just see through his shitty mindgames
>>
>>70638901
Why are you so based?
>>
>>70650479
Said no one ever.
>>
File: crusader_2.jpg (189 KB, 754x1200) Image search: [Google]
crusader_2.jpg
189 KB, 754x1200
>>70650612
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_of_Europe
>>
File: 1435230783301.gif (3 MB, 800x708) Image search: [Google]
1435230783301.gif
3 MB, 800x708
>>70651297
>>
>>70638902
then there is only one of the umbrellas
the middle one will have run off and the top one wasnt accepted anyways
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.