[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here are the two scenarios the GOP are currently wrestling with:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 1457574381212.jpg (97 KB, 815x640) Image search: [Google]
1457574381212.jpg
97 KB, 815x640
Here are the two scenarios the GOP are currently wrestling with:

1)
>Allow Trump to have the nomination. Maybe he wins, maybe he doesn't... it doesn't really matter to them because in all likelihood the GOP establishment as we know it will no longer exist - most of their power/influence will be gone.

2)
>Steal the nomination from Trump by whatever means necessary. They know this will alienate Trump supporters, and cause the Democrats to win the election. BUT under this scenario they keep their power over the Republican party. They'll simply block everything Hillary does, making her look completely ineffective, in the hopes of winning in 4 years (worst case scenario 8 years).

It looks like they're going with option 2. They're playing the long game, even if it's at the cost of this election.
>>
>>70637641
Aren't people already fed up with the GOP
>>
>>70637641
Yup, the GOP will nominate Cruz and Hillary will win the DEM nomination.
>>
>>70637641
>keep their power over...

Yeah, a party that'll consist of twenty people.
>>
File: 1459947192965.gif (3 MB, 368x349) Image search: [Google]
1459947192965.gif
3 MB, 368x349
>>70637641
>Senate just denies Hillary's supreme court nomination(s) indefinitely.
There's literally nothing stopping the Republicans from doing that as long as they control the Senate
>>
>>70637824
>Yup, the GOP will nominate Cruz and Hillary will win the DEM nomination.

If Cruz would win fairly I will have no problem voting for him in the general
BUT
It sure seems like the GOP establishment ( mainly the RINOs) are pulling all sort of dirty tricks
>>
>>70637734
They think its only the GOP, but its government in general becoming ineffective. The republicans are the only ones who are going to speak out against the government because the democratic voters generally depend on the government, which for them would be biting the hand that feeds them. The republicans are the ones who are going to show the strain, so it will seem like people are only upset at GOP.
>>
Option 2 is bogus. They lose all power in two years time if they go with that.
>>
>>70637641
that look on her face says, "yeah he's the best i've ever had"
>>
>>70637641
The establishment's power is already broken. The irony is that Trump would help them realign and restore their power. He'd be willing to cut deals with them that would secure their positions in exchange for their support. They are just too bigoted against him on a cultural level to see it.
>>
>>70638031
Agreed
>>
>>70637641
The party will likely capitulate; but, they will spend every minute dragging Trump through the mud and do everything they can to ensure Hillary wins. Afterwards they rub the loss they created in our faces and use it as an excuse to lock the party down from "outsiders"
>>
>>70637641

I agree with your reasoning.

I'm sad trump is getting robbed, but the jesus freak tears when cruz, the second coming of Mormon jesus, loses the general to a satanic lesbian are almost sweet enough to make it okay.
>>
If you Trumpfags don't at least stage a big protest when he gets robbed I'll lose all respect for you. Preferably you should pick up those guns you are so proud of and exercise your constitutional right to kill tyrants in the streets
>>
>>70638003

No way they have the balls to.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
If they lose the general, how the fuck do you expect them to retain control of congress? Meme magic?
>>
>They know this will alienate Trump supporters, and cause the Democrats to win the election.

Right, because Trump has a chance of winning the election. He can barely fucking win the support of the republican party as it is. There's no way he can win.
>>
>>70638329
I'm down
>>
>>70637641
You are not understanding. United States is a republic, not a monarchy, there's no sovereign to appoint a ruling party in a parlement here, that we're electing a head of state who is also the head of government and commander-in-chief, not a prime minister.
>>
i hope the gop enjoys never winning another election again before fading into the wind
>>
>>70638329
>ywn witness the fascist revolution in america
FEELS TO BAD TO HANDLE MANG
>>
>>70638466

And a bible thumping rat has any chance?

Clinton hasn't even bothered mentioning rato because there is no threat from him, what so ever.
>>
>>70638329
We don't have a constitutional right to kill tyrants in the street. We just have a right to keep and bear arms.
>>
>>70637641
The GOP is fucked in either scenario.

My personal tinfoil hat /x/ theory is that the GOP is actually planning on Donald winning the nomination because they feel like he has a really good shot against Hilldog, but the RNC is purposely making everything controversial to keep non-traditional Republican voters invested in Trump for the next 7 months. They secretly want Donald to win, but being open about that support could have adverse effects on Trump's campaign. As long as the RNC can keep making it look like Trump is getting screwed by the "Establishment", Trump's numbers continue to stay up and turnout stays high. All the time, however, the RNC is perfectly ok with Trump being the nominee.

Obviously that's some House of Cards level shit and it would mean that people in the RNC actually have political savvy, which I'm not so sure about.
>>
>>70637641
Do i call city hall to complain? How do I reach out to the republican party?
>>
>>70638003
>as they control the Senate

And therein lies the problem.

I'm going to vote third party after this fucking election. GOP or DNC, I don't care anymore. I want these fucks to suffer completely.
>>
>>70638739
They're past the point of no return now. Even if they ultimately allow him the nomination, they're not going to back him at all
>>
>>70639061

I'm not so sure. They are power hungry vampires, but also very fickle and immoral.

If trump gets to 1237 I could see a number of these people switch over to the winning side, the worms that they are.

The plebs that are never trump AND caught up in Cruz's second com8ng kike Glenn Beck and his followers? I don't know. If there is an independent jesus first party they might swing for that, but more likely won't bother to vote that day.
>>
>>70639061
>past the point of no return now

This is all really fascinating honestly. This looks like the death of a political system regardless of what happens.

I still like to hold out hope that my tinfoil hat theory is plausible in some other CERN derived universe.
>>
>>70639400

Well it sort of seems to stem from the rise of the new media, to me at least.

Trump represents something uncontrolled by the traditional vanguard of politics, and therefore the 5th estate the media. Both left and right old media bastards have spent as much time as possible attacking trump. Very few older politicos actually defend him, newt Gingrich being one.

So instead of the usuall suspects controlling the narrative you have new players running at it, and these players are faster and far more agile than the old colossus of tradition. The rise of drudge, the Internet, blogs etc have given to the rise of the so called altright, and even us here in our corner.

Regardless of trump winning or loosing, the old guard is getting their teeth kicked in by us.
>>
>>70639843
>Regardless of trump winning or loosing, the old guard is getting their teeth kicked in by us.

This is really the best part desu. This election cycle has been amazing because something crazy happens every day. It's like watching something burn to the ground.
>>
>>70640065

It is watching something burn to the ground. Sean hannity is right about this cycle, it is an insurgency for the American people against what is considered normal business for washington.

Trump AND sanders high light this, be it in different colors. If hernie grows some more balls he will be attacking clinton via the same lingo and doctrine that trump has used.

Even cruz highlights this. A hated bible thumping laywer that doesn't always suck the dick of the pc controlled Republican establishment. Or at least he is playing that way, my opinion on cruz is :controlled opposition: and :two faced rat:.
>>
>>70637641
>be republican establishment
>party falls into ruin after 8 years of disastrous president
>patiently slog for years to rebuild
>finally seize both houses of Congess and overwhelming numbers of state legislators and governors
>now we just need a non-retard of any kind to be president and we're set
>17-man retard train comes in
>you're back to being the village idiot
>presidential election already lost
>might even lose congress if the retards keep being retarded
>all those years of obstructions and sacrifices are for nothing

Life must be suffering for a republican strategist.
>>
>>70641000

Meh, they deserve it.

Also the white house isn't really the biggest prize for them. The landslide wins in state government and governors is what they are really after, as well as being a fake opposition party to stock both houses.
>>
File: texas_middle_class_a.jpg (299 KB, 1460x913) Image search: [Google]
texas_middle_class_a.jpg
299 KB, 1460x913
>>70637641
IMO the GOP has likely written off this election as a loss.

They are scumbags, but they aren't dumb. They know that they will lose a huge proportion of Trump supporters if and when they rig the convention process to put in Rato or an establishment white knight (imo Paul Ryan is becoming more and more likely). They know that even with the entire party unified, they'd have a hard time betting the Dems.

The reasons they are doing this are two-fold. One they know that Trump is uncontrollable, he will not be the malleable stooge they are used to having. Secondly they believe that a Trump nomination will lose them Hispanics for a generation. That's why their willing to lose this election, because they believe it will save the GOP in the long run.

My problem with that logic is in order to "save the GOP" and attract hispanics, they will have to compromise on basically all their views and values. Also if Trump's immigration policies are not enacted, then the country will be filled with people who hate conservatism anyway.

They are banking that they will lose Trumpers in 2016, butwin us back in 2018 and 2020.

Don't forget guys. If they screw Trump out of this shit, then they've lost me forever, or a least until there is a top down restructuring of the party. We need to let the know this. We need to let them know that they aren't just losing us for 2016. They need to know they will lose us forever if they go through with this.
>>
>>70641684
What you're saying is that they're cucks for illegals, which is what we've been saying all along, and in fact where the insult "cuckservative" originated from.
>>
>>70638739
Delusional m8. If they really wanted Trump to win then they are going about it in a terrible way. They have helped to ruin his reputation among moderates. They have successfully convinced 35% of REPUBLICANS to never vote for him. Trump can't win without mainstream republican support.

Yes Trump has nailed down the rural, working class and nationalist wings of the party, but he needs Suburban and "yacht" republicans too. Even with a united GOP, it would be a narrow thing for Trump to win.
>>
>>70641000

>obstructions and sacrifices

please
>>
File: 3rdwar.jpg (43 KB, 628x418) Image search: [Google]
3rdwar.jpg
43 KB, 628x418
>>70641937
Yeah pretty much. I think the establishment wing of the party is controlled by moneyed interests that rely on a constant supply of mexicans that they can pay 20 cents/hour. It's the same reason they haven't done anything about the immigration problem for 30 years.

I mean fucking Obongo has deported more mexicans than Bush did.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.