[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true /pol/? Political Correctness doesn't infringe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: Screenshots_2016-04-11-17-30-44.png (268 KB, 1074x544) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-04-11-17-30-44.png
268 KB, 1074x544
Is this true /pol/? Political Correctness doesn't infringe freedom of speech?
>>
who cares. nigger.
>>
>>70634034
It discourages certain types of speech which in effect does infringe. Not that you should give a fuck. Nigger.
>>
Translation:
>Shut up, asshole. You're not allowed to say, think, or believe anything without my ego's permission.
>>
Well the government hasn't written a law stating that "freedom of speech shall be infringed on the basis of political correctness" so it obviously isn't.
>>
>>70634034
Top tier argument.
>>
>>70634034
Freedom of speech does not infringe your right to not be offended. You're just a pussy
>>
File: cuck.jpg (101 KB, 453x450) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
101 KB, 453x450
>>70634208
>>70634213
>>
>>70634308
This. Fuck off OP
>>
>>70634034
The short answer is 'yes, that's true'

The long answer is that your freedom of speech is about avoiding government censorship (not avoiding social norms) but hypersensitive PC bullshit is still bullshit
>>
Freedom of speech just means you won't be jailed over saying something assuming what you're saying isn't a threat of some sort.
>>
"@sshole" is hate speech because it minimizes the struggles of homosexuals in this country and it is also a racial epithet used to describe those of Indian descent.

Not cool, OP. I think I'll have to contact your employer and next of kin about this brutal hate crime.
>>
>>70634327
That's a nice comic. Did your wife's son make it?
>>
>"you must speak a certain way and only use certain words while NOT saying other certain words less you be shunned by society, lose your job and go to jail for hate speech".
>>
File: 1452135596034.jpg (53 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1452135596034.jpg
53 KB, 512x384
You're free to say what you want and people are free to call you an asshole for it.

Learn what the fuck the freedom of speech is, dumbass.
>>
It can be true. It dependent on the substance of the argument, as is everything.
Saying "you are racist" is a cop out, but does not infringe on freedom of speech.
"you are racist and you should not be allowed to say the things you are saying" does in fact infringe.
>>
>>70634034
When SJWs protest right-wing speakers, (recall an SJW protest usually involves actually stopping people from attending the talk) then yes, they are infringing the rights of others.
>>
>>70634034

Nobody cares now, political correctness is finished. The dam has sprung a leak that will lead to its eventual collapse, the overton window has shifted, just keep pushing on it. Dont argue with the SJWs, just keep dropping politically incorrect logical bombs.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 850x400
>>70634034
>"Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
This is the exact text. It does not mention any exceptions for being an asshole, so-called hate speech, and things you like but I don't like.

Free speech is only there to protect unpopular speech. Popular speech and politically correct speech needs no protection.

>Next Lesson in Consitution 101 for Europeans: the Second Amendment
>>
>>70634034
False. Trannys have a mental illness and Muslim culture is NOT compatible with the West because Muslims are a religion of violence and intolerance.
>>
>>70634034
The PC culture does in fact infringe on the freedom to speak.
>>
>say something offensive
>people choose not to associate with you
>refuse to learn from the consequences of your actions and double down on it
>>
File: 1459373032595.png (908 KB, 798x720) Image search: [Google]
1459373032595.png
908 KB, 798x720
>>70634508
>>
File: 1459738278261.png (98 KB, 828x828) Image search: [Google]
1459738278261.png
98 KB, 828x828
This quote is old as shit and in no way an original thought by this twitter user.

Also FUCKING HELL, STOP POSTING EVERY DAMN TWEET AND FACEBOOK POST YOU DISAGREE WITH. It's annoying as fuck and clutters the board with stupidity that Australians could only dream of producing.
>>
>>70634764
College campuses have become a cesspool of cultural marxism.

Google; the Long March through institutions.
>>
All Freedom of speech is is a right stating the government can't persecute you for the things you say. It doesn't protect you from the consequences of being a douche. It's not that hard to understand. You say something that offends someone, everyone else in the room likes that person more then you, everyone unanimously agrees you should leave. How is this destroying freedom of speech? Are you being arrested or murdered?

No. You're not. You have all the freedom to say what you want, and all the freedom to go be a prick somewhere else.
>>
File: big_brother.jpg (322 KB, 1770x1053) Image search: [Google]
big_brother.jpg
322 KB, 1770x1053
No of course not!

Diversity is unity!
National death is identity!
Cuckholdry is strength!

Heil Merkel and death to myself!
>>
>>70635031
Then people say politically incorrect things are just like gays: some don't like them and don't serve them. Yet the latter enjoy governmental protection from discrimination.
>>
>>70634034
Political correctness is about using social pressure to eliminate what could not be eliminated by law.
>>
>>70634308
i like where you are going with this. but no one really has a right to not be offended. of course many believe that they do, but that is one of the main problems of your typical sjw
>>
File: qhBrn6S.gif (2 MB, 280x156) Image search: [Google]
qhBrn6S.gif
2 MB, 280x156
>>70634827
>>
>>70635031
>Are you being arrested or murdered?

Why, yes. Yes we are.
"Hate speech" laws are a thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#United_States

Now, dig your head out of your ass and stop shitting up the board.
>>
File: 1458442748335.png (41 KB, 940x466) Image search: [Google]
1458442748335.png
41 KB, 940x466
>>70634034
>censor speech
>this doesn't infringe upon your freedom of speech

How can someone be this retarded? Do these people have sub 70 iq?
>>
>>70635231
Except not?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/04/05/mississippi-governor-signs-law-allowing-business-to-refuse-service-to-gay-people/

Shut up you whiny fuckers.
>>
How can I get that dog ear app?
>>
>>70634034
Yes, it does. Freedom of speech is also a culture.

>>70634327
That's our word cuck, it doesn't work when you say. Go workship Jamals cock.
>>
>>70635492
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#United_States

You wanna made get your head out of YOUR ass? Nothing on that link says anything about laws against hate speech being enacted. Freedom of Speech has been protected multiple times under pressure to make hate speech illegal. Read the fucking link you sent.
>>
>>70634034
It does, look at Europe, the holocaust denial laws were the first PC laws, now its developed to hurting feelings is against the law.
>>
This statement is made by sheltered carebears. So of course its not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4hqFvXm57M
>>
>>70635556

I laughed at this image too much
>>
File: 1441728776170.jpg (564 KB, 1550x859) Image search: [Google]
1441728776170.jpg
564 KB, 1550x859
Let's get this out of the way.
>freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequence
That being said, the modern regressive left wishes to push what society considers as unacceptable through hate speech laws which go against the founding principles of this nation.
For starters, they wish to allow the police to arrest individuals based on speech that does not incite violence, only offends. This is ridiculous, and the definition of what they consider "hate speech" is so broad and vague that it's basically giving any authority carte blanche to arrest all dissidents.
Secondly, they wish to eliminate any form of anonymous speech. This isn't just limited to the internet, it's also saying something in the confidence that you aren't being recorded, or saying something in the privacy of your own home. To a leftist it does not matter if you said the word "nigger" 30 years ago in your own home, or if you said nigger on the internet or if they believe in their heart of hearts that you might have said it but they aren't sure. They're going to organize a campaign to find out your information, phone and email bomb your place of employment and have you blacklsited from anything and everything they can. That goes beyond the simple consequences that society should be able to give for saying something stupid in public.
Don't get me wrong, if you run down the street in a klan sheet yelling "yum yum niggercum" your boss has every right to fire you and people on the street are more than welcome to call you names. I only wish this is what liberals were satisfied with, but their true goals lie in a much more authoritarian interpretation of the law.
>>
>>70634034
It doesn't, but you have to be filthy rich to say politically incorrect stuff in public, otherwise you become unemployable.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.