[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this dude?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Hanna_jon_1999_mckenna_terence.jpg (1 MB, 1092x910) Image search: [Google]
Hanna_jon_1999_mckenna_terence.jpg
1 MB, 1092x910
What do you think of this dude?
>>
>>70630839
He could use the toilet even while hallucinating.
>>
>>70630839

Underrated genius
>>
>>70630984
In other universe?
Imagine if I take DMT and trave to the other universe and the eves are standing surround a loo and the tell me to sit down and poo. haha
>>
>>70630839
All those drugs turned his brain to mush
>>
Time wave zero was wrong
>>
>>70630839

He got me into neo-shamanism in my teen years. Thought he discovered something people weren't aware of that was all around them. I grew up and realized that he had just been communing with familiar spirits the entire time, like the archaic shamans before him, and so had I. The same spirits that push all the evils in the world today.
>>
>>70630839
DESIGNATED
>>
He's smarter than a cuck cult leader like Molyjew, that's for sure
>>
File: terence-mckenna-436056.jpg (167 KB, 640x839) Image search: [Google]
terence-mckenna-436056.jpg
167 KB, 640x839
>>70630839

not sure if I'm missing something or what but his time-wave theory didn't really make sense to me/come true. other than that he's was based as a mother fucker. easily one of the most enjoyable speakers ever. an epic bard

http://theunboundedspirit.com/73-mind-blowing-terence-mckenna-quotes/
>>
>>70633428
he was*
>>
>>70633428
based is accurate. he based a ton of chemicals until his brain exploded.

BASED, past tense. He came, he based, he died.
>>
>>70633595

didn't he start having brain problems in his early 20's? before he started full-time psychonauting?
>>
>>70630839
cia operative check our Gnostic media for more
>>
>>70634281

can you summarize, what was the agenda?
>>
>>70630839
Stoner retard.

Made up a load of bollocks; time wave zero, novelty, the whole fucking mushrooms guided our evolution tosh. not to mention fucking with the I ching.
It was 100% the ramblings of a stoner. Smoke a joint and read Porait of the Artist as a Young Man, you'll start thinking/saying the same kind of whishy washy nonsense.
Shame, he was an engaging and entertaining speaker and all in all seemed like a cool chap.
>>
>>70634617
Not an argument.
>>
>>70630839
I'm not really into star wars man.
>>
File: iching.jpg (75 KB, 419x405) Image search: [Google]
iching.jpg
75 KB, 419x405
>>70634617

I wouldn't disregard everything from the I-ching. there's some wonderful stuff in there
>>
>>70634933
well meme'd my friend

>>70634997
I'm not disregarding the I ching, I'm saying the work he did on it was a little sloppy.
>>
>>70635101
Still not an argument
>>
>>70635177
Still tip top memeing
>>
>>70635101

ah sorry, i see
>>
>>70635345
Better than your non-arguments

:^)
>>
>>70635398
You want me to retype my poast?
If you had any semblance of reading comprehension you'd be able to figure it out for yourself. I'm not falling for your pretardation, i;m just going to filter your id.

>>70635372
Np man.
Like I said, he was a very entertaining speaker, it's a shame I never got to hear him speak in person, didn't he die of a brain tumor or something?
>>
>>70635613

In mid-1999, after a long lecturing tour, McKenna returned to his home on the Big Island of Hawaii. A longtime sufferer of migraines, McKenna had begun to have increasingly painful headaches. His condition culminated in three brain seizures in one night, which he claimed were the most powerful psychedelic experiences he had ever known. McKenna was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme, a highly aggressive form of brain cancer.[11][5][27] For the next several months he underwent various treatments, including experimental gamma knife radiation treatment. According to Wired magazine, McKenna was worried that his tumor was caused by his 35 years of smoking cannabis, although his doctors assured him there was no causal relation.[27]

In late 1999, Erik Davis conducted what would be the last interview with McKenna.[27] During the interview McKenna also talked about the announcement of his death:

I always thought death would come on the freeway in a few horrifying moments, so you'd have no time to sort it out. Having months and months to look at it and think about it and talk to people and hear what they have to say, it's a kind of blessing. It's certainly an opportunity to grow up and get a grip and sort it all out. Just being told by an unsmiling guy in a white coat that you're going to be dead in four months definitely turns on the lights. ... It makes life rich and poignant. When it first happened, and I got these diagnoses, I could see the light of eternity, a la William Blake, shining through every leaf. I mean, a bug walking across the ground moved me to tears
>>
>>70634372
Sorry I really don't know the whole story. I was never a huge fan and never gave a fuck. Just know that Jan Irvin over at Gnostic Media claimed to have all the proofs. The general agenda was to introduce and help foment the culture revolution of the sixties, the tune in drop out crowd.
>>
>>70636043

so basically keep everyone distracted "expanding their minds" instead of being active and actually doing shit. I'd honestly rather everyone hitting the psychedelics than being SJW's
>>
>>70635914
>. His condition culminated in three brain seizures in one night, which he claimed were the most powerful psychedelic experiences he had ever known.
kek

idk man, I think I'd prefer to die suddenly, if I got diagnosed I'd just get depressed.

>that whole last paragraph.
He really did speak beautifully
>>
I admired his literacy.
>>
>>70636343

his brother dennis said something like "he could read phone numbers out of a phone-book and people would gather and listen" :D the combination of his unique voice and choice of words made him truly an epic bard.
>>
File: 1459189916765.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1459189916765.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>70630839
you would probably like the stoned ape theory because it is largely based off fungi that grows from manure
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.