[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain why the people of Turkey don't push for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 264x191
Can anyone explain why the people of Turkey don't push for Sharia law, or why they don't produce Jiahadis like Syria or other shit-tier Muslim countries? I spent a summer in Turkey and the people were pretty based, and nice too. They sold beer to us during Ramadan and fed us when they were fasting. What I don't understand is, according to David Wood, Islam proceeds in three stages depending upon the percentage of Muslims in the country. When they make up a majority, they go full intolerance mode and shit up the whole place. I understand that Turkey is secular, but what gives?
>>
>>70628277

because it's not a theocracy like all those other shithole, its a republic where islam isnt the official religion of the government
>>
>>70628364
>Muh AKP party is not islam
>>
So are the three stages of jihad (as put forward by Wood) not consistent? Does non-theocratic government render Muslims harmless?
>>
>>70628277
>an anyone explain why the people of Turkey don't push for Sharia law, or why they don't produce Jiahadis like Syria or other shit-tier Muslim countries?

Turkey makes alot of money from tourism.
>>
>>70628715

still a republic retarded american

like saying america isnt a republic with the republican party is in power
>>
>>70628831
>So are the three stages of jihad (as put forward by Wood) not consistent?
Yes, it's a wishful thinking for keeping boogeyman
>Does non-theocratic government render Muslims harmless?
No, we've seen supposed non-theocratic governments becoming sharia shitholes through warfare.

I'd say odd mixture of Turkish people is the reason that's allowing this version of Muslim state happen.
>>
>>70628831

the Turkish government has taken strict measures to makes sure they don't end up like every other islamic shithole, like making sure they're a republic, limiting religious influence in school, banning religious clothing like the veil and even the iconic fez that you see in movies set in WW1 era turkey

so he is probably still right, you just have to really go out of your way to stop it from happening, and probably being right next door to europe helps keep the culture from getting too fucked and anti-west since they can see that uhhh we rule
>>
>>70628869
So if Iraq was suddenly a popular place to go on vacation and millions of tourist dollars flew into the country, would it eventually become as nice as Turkey? Or is Turkey some kind of Islamic outlier?
>>
>>70629213
Money talks. Even for kebabs.
>>
>>70628277
Probably because they are Turks, not Arabs. Europeans>>>Turks>Arabs=Berber, there's still some hierarchy.
>>
>>70629088
That's an interesting thought, do you think that these conditions could be brought about in other Muslim countries? I am conflicted because of my personal experiences in Turkey, which were wonderful, and the state of the rest of Islamic societies
>>
>>70629213
Turkey is an outlier. The founder of that country strongly pushed for ethnic nationalism and secular democracy. Historically when the governments got too durka durka, the military takes over, this happened like 3 times before and should happen again because of Erdogan

Theyve been forced to live with a secular and democratic government and I guess all these decades of it, people learned to like it
>>
>>70628277
Because Turkey was created by Mustafa Kemal, a well known atheist. So it because un-turkish to be too religious.

>I understand that Turkey is secular, but what gives?

Secular is the same as atheist. without God.
>>
>>70630169
>this happened like 3 times before and should happen again because of Erdogan

Except Erdogan is a bit smarter than the secular millitary men, and now pretty much all the generals believe in Allah and the Quran.
>>
>>70629407
>That's an interesting thought, do you think that these conditions could be brought about in other Muslim countries?
I think other Muslim Turkic countries are sorta similar in a sense but the region Turkey is in is really hard to govern and to implement people with similar outlook towards their lives and religion for several reasons.

>I am conflicted because of my personal experiences in Turkey, which were wonderful, and the state of the rest of Islamic societies
I've spoken few people from Syria, Iraq, Iran and Morocco. Although they wish to be hip and cool like any western youth I can see something is off with them. Moroccons being the least and Iraqis being the most(between the people I spoke).

I know religion is big thing for my grandparents and older people around me, even though they've been giving me advices and whatever grandparents do they never forced me to a certain ideology. I can see how that attitude shaped my parents and how it's shaping me as well. It's like we have family values and religious values but within boundaries and then we have our personal interests.
Most people in the region still think like tribal backward savages. And it's a grey line but to see that you kinda must live here. And to implement that to other groups of people in the region you should either unite them under one country that's not ISIS or strongly wipe anyone who opposes you.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.