[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the truth about Shiite muslims? It doesn't seem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 560x315
What's the truth about Shiite muslims? It doesn't seem like they're involved in terrorizing Europe or conquering other lands. Are they the tolerable branch of Islam? Would it be better for everyone if they won the war against Sunnis and Wahabbis?
>>
>>70623140
I'm shia.

Shia Islam doesn't have a thing for spreading Islam and even hardliners like Khomeinists and Hezbollahis teach positive views of Christians. Hezbollah get on well with Maronite Lebanese and Iran supports Christian Armenia over its muslim neighbours, for example.

It has its own problems but it's not like Saudis or the muslims in Europe. The hatred of Israel and the USA is over political reasons, not religious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qmCwn3zOFM
>>
>>70623140
Hard to say. They are generally a minority in muslim countries and you know how muslims get once they start growing in representation %
>>
>>70624010
That's a meme. Shia went through centuries of Quietism (belief that Islam shouldn't be in politics and should remain to the mosque), that was Khomeini that changed this, but Quietism is already coming back. Ayatollah Sistani is the most revered Shiite cleric these days and he's a Quietist. Hezbollah are extremist Shiites but they have no desire to impose sharia or Islamic codes on non Shia. give it a generation or two and Quietism will replace this new brand of Khomeinism
>>
>>70623140

The reason why Sunnys are so involved in militant radical Islam is because of Saudi Arabia and Qatar pumping money into terrorists organizations.

The largest Shia countries like Iran, Lebanon and Iraq are primarily concerned with local or regional concerns.
>>
>>70624237
Yes, but I don't know why someone in Costa Rica knows this and explains it to an American.

Iran is concerned about regional hegemony, it was normally under control of Iran for thousands of years and it doesn't matter if Iran has a Shah or an Ayatollah in power, Iranians will always want to lead the middle east and central asia. Their hatred at the USA and Israel is primarily because they oppose Iranian ambitions for hegemony.
>>
>>70623969
You must be REALLY, REALLY tolerant to stick on /pol/ then.
>>
>>70624455
I shitpost a lot

It also helps that nobody in pol really knows what they're talking about and it's too hard to discuss anything seriously
>>
File: 1460216052943.jpg (112 KB, 475x686) Image search: [Google]
1460216052943.jpg
112 KB, 475x686
To answer OP's question, Yes, Shia are far more tolerable to Christian influenced places such as Europe.

Not all Sunni are the lunatics that we see (in fact most of the Syrian Arab Army is Sunni, and they consistently fight to liberate Catholic/Orthodox communities.) But even given that Shia are better, this should not be taken as an endorsement for mass immigration to Europe or the US. It is better for everyone that they remain secure in their countries and we in ours. Iran for Iranian and Europe for Europeans.
>>
>>70623140
Perhaps, but the Islam terrorist attacks aren't just because of radical Sunni/wahabbist teachings. They feed off the frustration of angry juvenile males who have been (or think they are) marginalized by society. Would it be really that much different if they were Shia?
>>
>>70624455
/pol/ doesn't hate Shias.
It's just that writing "Muslim" is easier than writing "Arab goatfuckers in Europe".
Tatars are Sunni and they are cool too.
This isn't a PC board.
>>
Almost all terrorism in the world is Sunni.

Fuck Islam, but fuck Shia less than Sunni.
>>
>>70623140

All mainstream branches are bullshit and control mechanisms. If you want to find truth and the divine, look for the esoteric/mystical branches. This is valid for every religion including islam.

This is the ultimate redpill.
>>
It's the sunni muslims that are the problem. The other ones keep to themselves and I'm fine with that.
>>
>>70624987
As a Shia I don't like Khomeinism but Ayatollah Sistani and the Quietists are good
>>
>>70625081

are sufis p cool or what
>>
Green and black is a much better colour scheme.
>>
These are shia muslims. They are batshit crazy and infinitely worse than Sunni Muslims.

Shia Muslims have always been the more warlike/aggressive of the two sects.
>>
>>70623140
All Muslims except Turks used to be tolerable before you Westerners decided to attack and enslave them.
>>
>>70625575
That's objectively false. Who gives a fuck about some weird customs?
>>
>>70625522
Sufi Islam can go either way. It's generally a very spiritual sort of Islam and the scholars focus on the pacifism of Muhammad's life. Sufi Islam is extremely broad because it's also heavily mixed with the local culture of wherever it spreads so it's a very diverse religion. There are times in history where Sufi muslims went chimpout but these have generally been more like local uprisings unhappy with their rulers, I would say. You will find the most pacifist teachings among the Sufis
>>
>>70625733
Rare pepe
>>
>>70625664
>Turks
Funny thing is, we rarely dealt with Turks.
"Turks"=convert Slavs.
Did you know Sultan supported Serb revolt in 1804?
It's a complex story.
>>
>>70625807
hello Muslim America
>>
>>70625575

t. Saudi prince
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 727x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 727x474
This is a Shiite.
>>
>>70625522

I dont know how you define cool but at least their teaching is based on love, not fear of hell or god.

If you are a "god fearing x" that means you act out of fear. That makes you a pussy and a coward.
>>
The only ones who have problems with Shites are Sunnis and Jews
>PURE COINCIDENCE
>>
If you relay want the ones that are pretty much passive, christian esc Muslims go to Oman, Ibadi is definitely the best sect of Islam in my opinion.
>>
>>70625795
>>70625873

thank you for your perspective
>>
>>70625664
Pls give Source on white people enslaving Muslims. Cause im pretty sure you were no good as slaves. The irish were way more popular than any african Man or Women as slaves
>>
>>70625664
Also adding to that. Im pretty sure the Crusades Happend because of Muslim On Christian Genoside in North Africa, Capturing of European whites as slaves and general warmongering of Muslims in europe... before that christians never "Attacked" Muslim nations in any real major form.
>>
>>70624558
>I shitpost a lot
you don't fucking say, who would have guessed an Aussie spends his time shit posting a lot kek
>>
>>70626032
that's not the reason muslims weren't enslaved. The Ottoman Empire was very strong until its later years and then the West were trying to have cordial relations with Persia throughout the Qajar period so they could use them against Ottomans and the Russians, so there was no real possibility to take muslim slaves in large amounts. Britain did try to colonize Iran for ~200 years and through a disastrous war in Afghanistan, which was their closest attempt
>>
>>70623140
>>70625575
If you want to learn about shiia, i'd suggest learning about it from their sources, because all Sunni resources about it are like those pics of their customs
>>
>>70626240
Yeh but even so the poster claimed muslims got violent after being attacked and ENSLAVED. So if there is no historical happening of it thennnn his point be a bit off reality.
>>
>>70626283
There sources are lies. Shias are the radical of radicals. Theyve been brainwashed since birth to hate the west. Sunnis right now are going through a phase but the world would be in trouble of Shias decided to chimpout.
>>
>>70626140
No they didn't launch invasions into Muslim lands because the Islamic World was a lot stronger than Europe at the time.

The First Crusade was launched as a genuine effort to protect Byzantium from the Seljuk Empire, but by the time the Crusaders arrived the Byzantines managed to get control of their situation. So the Crusaders beelined to take Jerusalem instead. Every other Crusade that was called was pretty much an attempt of the Vatican to cement control over Christendom and was a complicated act of intrigue. The Islamic World had stronger armies until the Silk Road collapsed due to Europeans discovering trade routes by sea. The Ottoman Empire went into terminal decline without it's main source of wealth for its economy and was too late to the game of colonization, so they fell behind Europeans in warfare. That put the muslims on the back foot and the West has managed to meddle in muslim lands ever since.
>>
>>70623969
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya
>>
File: o-ASHURA-900.jpg (224 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
o-ASHURA-900.jpg
224 KB, 900x596
I wish no ill on my Shia brothers who were born on the wrong side of the tracks.
>>
>>70626494
Again im trying to tell the poster that muslims were always extremely aggressive to anyone that wasn't them, before and after westerners attacked. And "Enslaved".
>>
>>70625858
Hi litle Serbia!
>>
It's fucking shit, but the one advantage is that they generally object to terrorizing civilians (because they believe there's nothing in it for them).
>>
>>70623969
I got a lot of respect for Shia Muslims and Hezbollah

Sunnis are trash
>>
>>70626486
It's not like it would be making any difference, the lesser of two evils doesn't make one look innocent, they both have the same basis, but differ in their ways
>>
>>70626486
This is nonsense. The Khomeinists hate USA and Israel but they don't hate the West.

The Shiites won't chimpout unless the West actively invades Iran, in which case Khamenei will issue a call to arms. Shiites have quite positive views on Christians and Westerners I would say, but they generally dislike the American government and interpret this relationship through the Yazid vs Hussein narrative
>>
>>70624010
That's true for Sunni islam (particularly reformed branches). And it only holds for percentage within particular country, not for broader regions (e.g. Middle East).
>>
Shia muslims are fine. Met lots of iranians who were really nice people.
Every sunni muslim I've met has been batshit insane though.
>>
>>70626864
You're assuming the Iranians you've met are Muslims.

But yes Iranians are nice.
>>
Shaiite are not muslims.. They just claim that they are.
>>
File: apoyo_hezbola.jpg (78 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
apoyo_hezbola.jpg
78 KB, 400x267
Christians in Lebanon and Syria are protected by Shia Muslims. It's the Sunnis who want to kill them.

A lot of Lebanese Christians have positive views of Hezbollah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYPXf_5an-4
>>
>>70626583
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya#Twelver_Shia_view

It is about saving your life if it's in danger. For example, if you put a gun to my head and forced me to eat bacon and set a quran on fire, taqiyah allows me to do this.

It's not about lying for convenience of it
>>
>>70626895

They're not completely comitted to the religion but they believe in Allah.
They drink alcohol and eat pork, though.
>>
>>70626908
Somalis are not human, they just claim they are
>>
>>70623140
Watch this for a minor Iranian redpill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc

The worst thing they do to the west is say mean words about some of our governments desu, but people act like they trying to chop our heads off.
>>
>>70626996
Damn what a convenient lie senpai :^)
>>
>>70626908

Do they even have internet in Somalia?
Is this a troll VPN?
>>
>>70623140
It's because of Saudi Arabia's hard on for Wahab. That's why Shias seem tolerable in comparison.

Most shias reside in Iran, and they are significantly skeptical of the US for a good reason. The US overthrew their secular government, installed a dictator, then funded Saddam in the Iran Iraq war. The Iranian people don't hate American citizens however.
>>
Why does /pol/ never talk about the real muslim enemy, the druze?
>>
>>70627085
read it.
>>
File: isisbtfo2.jpg (45 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
isisbtfo2.jpg
45 KB, 500x288
>>70626996
Isn't the bacon shit from the Old Testament?
>>
File: rome-churches.jpg (626 KB, 1024x658) Image search: [Google]
rome-churches.jpg
626 KB, 1024x658
>these muslim shills in this thread
islam is the religion of terror and misery
>"but muh verses they are misintepreted, muslims shouldn’t kill anyone"
so muhammed isnt a muslim i guess
>>
>>70627306
Because the Senussi are much more interesting.

https://libyastories.com/2012/12/28/libya-a-very-short-introduction-to-the-islamic-senussi-order/

/x/-tier bullshit or an actual secret society recapturing the throne? You tell me.
>>
>>70627575
I'm not exactly sure, I eat it. A lot of muslims think it's forbidden because it's bad for you, but the muslims that actually read the theology have other explanations. I don't know the real reason desu
>>
Iran would be a much better "ally" than Saudi. We always choose the wrong sides.
>>
>>70628060
Obama and the establishment is trying to slowly switch sides I'm pretty sure. It's the one thing I don't like about Trump is that he has sided with Israel on this in that they want to cold war to continue with Iran while Iran doesn't recognise Israel as a nation
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.