[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can people be so stupid to believe in god? There's too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14
File: Pedophilia.png (117 KB, 540x251) Image search: [Google]
Pedophilia.png
117 KB, 540x251
How can people be so stupid to believe in god? There's too much scientific evidence to believe in such a thing.
>>
Then what created the universe?
I'm not a christian, but deism just makes sense.
>>
Jesus you're a sick degenerate fuck.
>>
>>70622509
Then what created god?
>>
>>70622551
At least I can use logic.
>>
>>70622446
>There's too much scientific evidence to believe in such a thing.
>Provides no "evidence".

There is no scientific "evidence" that shows God does not exist.
>>
>>70622446
They get them young, when they're impressionable and unlikely to question what they're told.

That makes them immune to logic and reason (at least on topic of religion) even when they grow up.
>>
>>70622568
I'm sure "god" isn't some magical man in the sky that jesus embodied, but it's clear our universe as it exists was created by sentient beings. How do you explain the perfect levels of gravity and the limits on the speed of light?
>>
>>70622738
Can you prove that a huge tea pot does not exist in space?
>>
>>70622446
You don't need any scientific questions, just ask yourself where is god? does it make any difference believing or not in that unknown deity.

Easy answer, no difference and does not matter to your life.

So you ask yourself why do you need god?
>>
File: noodles.gif (2 MB, 640x240) Image search: [Google]
noodles.gif
2 MB, 640x240
>>70622509
That's simple! The universe doesn't actually exist.

It cannot be infinitely expanding, as that would require there to be something outside the universe for it to expand INTO. It also cannot be finite, if there were 'boundaries' of the universe there would of course be something beyond those boundaries, and the universe is supposed to encompass all existence.

tl;dr the universe is a paradox, it's not possible, and most likely it is a simulation (yes, like the matrix)

if there is a god, he is a computer program we exist inside of
>>
>>70622836
we never launched one
>>
>>70622819
I agree with the sentiment that the universe probably was created by something somehow but please
>How do you explain the perfect levels of gravity and the limits on the speed of light?
Shit like this just makes your pre-high school level of education show
>>
>>70622866
They think humans didn't have "morality" before their mono jew god. They also believe in the "good and evil" meme.
>>
>>70622819
Ah, the old "perfectly built for us"
If earth had zero gravity and we held onto anything to avoid flying into space, you'd say the exact same thing.
>>
File: 19NzDO4.jpg (74 KB, 413x414) Image search: [Google]
19NzDO4.jpg
74 KB, 413x414
>>70622446
>>
>>70622738
If you make a claim, then the burden is on you to provide evidence that support your claim.

If you don't provide any scientific evidence, your claim can be dismissed.

Also if god exists, name one instance, for which we had scientific explaination, but then we changed it to "God made it".
I dare you.
>>
>>70622949
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm paraphrasing black science man.
>>
>>70622509
>i dont know something
>therefore is god

Pls.

Also, all the religion dont make sense.

Why should a religion change with the knoledge? All the people in the past believed in bullshit then?
>>
File: vallankumouksen aamu.png (741 KB, 800x899) Image search: [Google]
vallankumouksen aamu.png
741 KB, 800x899
>>70622446
How can Swedes believe in equality when they have eyes?
>>
File: lol.jpg (35 KB, 634x257) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
35 KB, 634x257
>>70623064
> I'm paraphrasing black science man.
You mean black pre-high school education man?
>>
>>70623155
rip ducks
>>
>>70623056
OP is making the claim not him.

agnostic master race
>>
>>70622995
True, their mentality are similar to people from middle ages. Easy to manipulate, no reasons just accept.
>>
>>70622913
>It cannot be infinitely expanding, as that would require there to be something outside the universe for it to expand INTO
ok so explain red shifted planets genius
>>
>>70623155
rip Cats
>>
So, question... How can you atheists have blind faith but I cant?
>>
>>70622446
>Pedophilia
>An old man with an adult
Wat.
>>
>>70623268
He's questioning the claim that god exists (since no scientific evidence had ever been presented).

Now is the time to present evidence to support the claim that god exists.
>>
Mocking god and believing in the state is even more pathetic.

Laughing their omnipotent and omnipresent good lord and savior while praising your own version of it. Die painfully.
>>
>>70623373
I'm not going to pretend that I'm prepared for (or even interested in) discussing fluctuations in electromagnetic radiation. I had to use google to even know what you meant. I'd say those little details of this grand simulation just don't really matter anyway.

When the universe cannot possibly be infinite, and it cannot possibly be finite, the only conclusion I can make from there is that the universe isn't actually real. I'm not a physicist or anything, but there's my take on it.
>>
>>70623662
The idea is that burden of proof causes this because they think "there is no god" is the standard claim.

What they probably don't know is how little we know about the universe and how the fuck it happened.
It's kind of a mindfuck if you think about it. There's just some shit and it works somehow and I'm talking about an universal level of shit here, not life on earth. Life on earth is pretty easily explained compared to "how the fuck did the universe and these laws of nature come to be?"
>>
>>70623800
>How can people be so stupid to believe in god? There's too much scientific evidence to believe in such a thing.
its like you cant read
>>
>>70622446
why not just be agnostic like most people that aren't fucking retarded.
>>
>>70622509
Then what are you? A fucking kike? A filthy mudshit?
>>
File: Atheist.jpg (23 KB, 450x314) Image search: [Google]
Atheist.jpg
23 KB, 450x314
>>
>>70622446
Maybe there is no reason to believe in holy book and magical immortal jewish dude, but the very scientific evidence that you seem to be so fond of suggests that our world is not material in nature, therefore theism, and especially deism make a lot of sense.

Usually the progression is this:
christianity (or theism) -> atheism (the more euphoric of us claim they start here) -> deism

Agnostics are a special blend of inane retards, nobody cares about those.
>>
>>70623864
>those little details of this grand simulation just don't really matter anyway.
Ok, so you're ignoring science in favor of your opinion, fine.
Are you a solipsist?
>>
>>70622509
The universe didn't need to be created, it was already there
>>
>>70623929
>agnostic
>not esoteric gnostic

Enjoy your zero direct experiences of the divine :^) I'll be over here astral projecting at will and meditating into a state of ecstasy you could never begin to imagine.
>>
>>70623869
>there is no god is the standard claim

Well that's news to me, 10000 years of humans would beg to differ. Who said we can just change the basis?

Ok, so, idk, would it do anything if id ask you to prove to me your reality? With the same, empirical evidences as you expect from me as a deist?
>>
File: patrick star.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
patrick star.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
>>70624075
>>
>>70624127
>implying i don't meditate
but have fun astral projecting you fucking hippy
>>
>>70623878
Prove him wrong with facts and evidence.

Protip: you can't
>>
>>70624045
>Ok, so you're ignoring science
I simply don't know what electromagnetic radiation has to do with the infinite universe theory. Like I said, I'm not a physicist. I am pretty much a solipsist.
>>
>>70622446

here are the steps of irationality
>i dont know therfor god
>you dont know therfor god
>i know of an argument therfor god
>i know of an argument therfor spesific god
>i know of an argument therfor spesific god and book
>book says so, therfor god
and last one
>i dont know, but i like the idea

all are cancer in their own way
>>
>>70624186
What existed before the universe? The previous universe. The birth of the universe happened, it expanded, it contracted, and then it happened again. It has always happened. It will always continue to happen.

Time is not a line with a beginning and an end. Time is a circle.
>>
>>70622509
>Then what created the universe?

some force or process unknown to a degree

nothing necessitating deism or any kind of religious thought though

if that's your reason for being a deist you're just an idiot
>>
>>70624045
It's the solipsist for you.
>>
File: Refugees-Welcome.jpg (137 KB, 614x366) Image search: [Google]
Refugees-Welcome.jpg
137 KB, 614x366
>>70622446
Just because God left Sweden 15 years ago doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
>>
>>70624284
>hippies

You can't properly astral project if you've done drugs in the past few months.

No hippie has the wherewithal for the discipline it takes.

Your pseudo-meditation (no doubt) is hippie shit.

True meditation is when you tire your mind out completely 100% as you fall asleep. This takes an incredible amount of mental effort and resilience.
>>
>>70624466
>it expanded, it contracted, and then it happened again
that is ONE postulation, not fucking fact.
>Time is a circle
someone really liked True Detective
>>
>>70624339
>muh 5 senses, muh telescopes muh microscopes

Pathetic.

Sorry that quantum physics has already shattered your archaic ignorant worldview and you're too much of a zealot to realize it, inquisitor.
>>
>>70624160
I've already explained it in the post you're quoting
>>
>>70624681
Pic is from Germany :(
>>
>>70622446

Because by God you mean Yahweh, and while of course Yahweh is not real, there's a different God you don't know about whose existence is supported by science.
>>
>>70622446
>bring up an argument about god
>fails to even give a definition
good start OP
>>
>>70624694
>True meditation is when you tire your mind out completely 100% as you fall asleep. This takes an incredible amount of mental effort and resilience.
yes. this is what i was referring to.
tho i do not agree that it takes an "incredible amount of mental effort and resilience".
as for astral projection, to me it just seems like another BS scam made to sell candles and other useless occult crap
>>
File: 1451276679849.jpg (85 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1451276679849.jpg
85 KB, 500x600
>>70624814
I;m sorry Germanbro. You're always welcome in America. I have a feeling we will be the last stand for the white race.
>>
>>70624751
Occam's razor.

It's simpler, more consistent with what we know of natural laws, and requires less assumptions than saying a god made the universe or that the universe emerged from nothing.

Therefore, as we continue to lack evidence suggesting or detracting from any of the three postulations, it is the one most likely to be true.
>>
>>70622446
>evidence

I'm not even religious but jesus christ anon

What """""""""evidence""""""""" are you talking about?
>>
>>70624160
>10000 years of humans would beg to differ

NOT. AN. ARGUMENT

500 years ago everybody believed that Earth was flat.

>Ok, so, idk, would it do anything if id ask you to prove to me your reality? With the same, empirical evidences as you expect from me as a deist?

You claim that god exists. Provide evidence of his existence.
>>
File: 1458535764573.jpg (782 KB, 2687x3221) Image search: [Google]
1458535764573.jpg
782 KB, 2687x3221
jesus christ these threads are all out of fucking middle school

>>70623268
>>70623929
>HURR AGNOSTIC MASTER RACE

agnosticism is necessarily either atheistic or theistic.

if you lack knowledge in a god and do not, as most "agnostics," choose to describe god as real on faith despite this, you are an atheist. you're not only "agnostic," you're an atheist, you lack a faith in the real existence of god

the atheist position is strictly that no good argument for god has ever been presented, not that they have faith it isn't real, not that they can prove it isn't real, not that they know it isn't real─ unless you're a gnostic atheist, which is rare

the point is, you're almost definitely an agnostic atheist by definition whether you like the words or not
>>
>>70625111
>You claim that god exists. Provide evidence of his existence
Technically a person could say they've spoken to him and use that as evidence
>>
>>70623835
the difference mr opus dei, is that a living breathing human leader can actually save the day, you'll be praying to a god who either doesnot exist or doesn't care while those of us firmly planted in this world make real changes. I believe in my countries public health service because it has actually saved lives, your mother Theresa just provided death houses for poor brown people; saving their souls at the cost of their lives.
>>
>>70622568
Why does God need a creator you fedora tipping faggot?

What science "proves" now won't mean jack in a hundred years. That's what science has worked... people used to scientifically believe in the dumbest shit that was ended up proven wrong. Meanwhile the belief in faith never changes (only branches off).

So dipshit, who looks like the idiot now? Cunt.
>>
>>70624040
Agnosticism, you mean acknowledging that there are mysteries greater than your ability to solve them? Yes, how inane, much better to make claims you can never back up.
>>
>>70625201
Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
>>
>>70624127
Ok there bud, where's your fedora
>>
File: 1455434122906.jpg (2 MB, 1418x2100) Image search: [Google]
1455434122906.jpg
2 MB, 1418x2100
>>70622446
>what is the nature of causality
>universe and time was caused by big bang
>big bang was caused by spoopy quantum fluctuations
>quantum fluctuations were caused by a force beyond spacetime
That which lies beyond space and time is also beyond human understanding.
>>
>>70625234
If god doesn't need a creator, then why does the universe need it?
>>
I get the impression that no one with an IQ over 90 really does, they just like the culture/morals/community/virtue signaling/coping mechanism effect so tell others/themselves it's real.

That's why only children get legitimately scared of Hell en mass and only in low IQ populations like the mid east and africa are people legitimately ready to die for their religion en mass.

I know for a fact no one on here actually believes it they are just trying to fit in, although maybe a few genuine christian newfags made the mistake of thinking they're in good company which they seem to be finding isn't true since they're not longer edgy enough for this shithole as christianity has themes of forgiveness and charity lel.
>>
>>70625128
using black and white logic to define a position defined by its ambivalence... GENIUS
>>
Faith is to believe without evidence. Atheism is a "faith" too because there's no evidence to prove that God doesn't exist.
>>
>>70625356
Nous - unmediated apprehension of Being (self-evident truths)
I could say that I have attained this by literally speaking to God, and you are just shackled by your humanity. My evidence (speaking to God) can't be understood by those without that privilege.
>>
Suspending reason happens to be an easy thing for a lot of people to do.
>>
>>70625553
I've always privately felt this way, like when I see one of those african anglican bishops, talking about gays playing in their 'poo-poo' (I'm not shitting you) I wonder if this is a man with the mind of a child, playing at emperor. Any asian christians I've met seem like the type to fall for any new faith if it means closer ties to the local community.
>>
>>70622446
Jews sure a pushing the christian pedo meme hard lately...
>>
>>70625732
Sure we can, we'd refer to this as an audio hallucination and prescribe some anti-psychotics
>>
>>70625553
>low IQ populations like the mid east and africa
because a person's geographic location directly affects their measurable inherent intelligence....
>>
>>70625553
I'm really glad /pol/'s infatuation with Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy is over. It was painfully obvious the only reason threads about it kept getting spammed was some childish fascination with the pageantry of it all.
>>
>>70625732

Anecdotal evidence is often unscientific or pseudoscientific because various forms of cognitive bias may affect the collection or presentation of evidence. For instance, someone who claims to have had an encounter with a supernatural being or alien may present a very vivid story, but this is not falsifiable. This phenomenon can also happen to large groups of people through subjective validation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence#Faulty_logic
>>
>>70622446
There is too much of scientific evidence of Sweden sucking black dick, though.
>>
>>70622913
You have no actual understanding of physics
>>
>>70625570
are you fucking stupid

theistic or atheistic, possessing or not possessing faith in a god's existence

gnostic or agnostic, certainly knowing or not knowing of a god's existence

it's what they mean

what are you blabbering about
>>
>>70625948
what
>>
>>70625128
with my current understanding of the universe, i find it hard to even understand what god is. To me personally it could be anything from an old man with a beard to simply pure logic This is why i refrain from choosing a stance.
>>
>>70625437
the laws of our universe (cause and effect) don't necessarily apply to things outside of it
>>
>>70625437

>how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't?

That was the biggest load of pseudo intellectual nonsense I've heard in a long time. Back to R.eddit, le black science man fan.
>>
>>70625111
I'm inclined to believe there is some creator involved in all of this.

You're inclined to believe there isn't.

Where's the problem? Science hasn't figured out shit yet. We don't even know why we're here. We don't know how the fuck the universe just started existing like this.
>>
>>70622551
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
File: 1459445091320.png (784 KB, 908x720) Image search: [Google]
1459445091320.png
784 KB, 908x720
>>70626761

I cannot nail this into your baka heads enough

it's not about your identity. it's not about you being right. it's not about you finding a title you like. you don't """"choose a stance"""" and then are defined as whatever you choose, this isn't some artistic discussion─

listen. listen.

>I find it hard to understand what god is and I refrain from choosing a stance

Okay.

Do you know with certainty there's a god? No?

you're agnostic

Do you have a chosen faith that god has a real existence anyway? No?

you're an atheist

you're an agnostic atheist

like most people

your own hangups and identity don't matter you god damn children

there are descriptions of positions we have defined and you fit one.
>>
>>70627158
my apologies. i completely agree. seems i was too eager to get into internet arguments.
>>
File: 1452958821221.gif (742 KB, 520x570) Image search: [Google]
1452958821221.gif
742 KB, 520x570
>>70627567

it happens to the best of us
>>
>>70622446
It would be Sweden wouldn't it, all that Low I.Q arab semen has messed with you're head.
>>
>>70626896
Your just being mad now. Answer his question normally before you stick your head back in the dirt again.

Also

>fucking canada

LOL
>>
>>70624339
but the burden of proof lies on OP.

Also, most theists simply believe God exists, without proof. The whole point of faith is believing in existance of something that cannot be proven to exist.
>>
>>70622446
God is something I perceive as an impossible to corrupt concept that I can reassure myself is out there somewhere.
As long as God is real, there is good in the world, even in the darkest of times.

God is the first waifu
>>
>>70622446
God is an idea not something that is out of your mind, therefore you cannot prove God through scientific evidence

This idea of divinity inside your head has many purposes in life and is deeply rooted in every great civilization, without it relativism and subjectivity are now the big premises in society, this lead us to the fall of the status quo thus to the end of the civilization as you know it
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.