[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you be a good person and a good leader?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MDQ5MzA3NjYz.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MDQ5MzA3NjYz.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
Can you be a good person and a good leader?
>>
>>70621018
>Can you be a good person and a good leader?
According to the western standards today, no.

This is why we need an AI as a leader, instead of a human being. Humans are too prone to error and other faults.
>>
Define "good person".
In conventional sense no, but you can work for the benefit of society as whole, and that's a good person by ruler standards. Of course, road to Hell is oaved with good intentions.
>>
>>70621181

Someone who does not lie, cheat, or steal.
>>
>>70621264
Steal okay, but first two are necessary to rule, because you'll always have enemies both internally and externally, and you can't always tell the truth either to your supporters.
>>
>>70621018
Yes. But if you have to sacrifice one for the other stop being a good person. A good leader is far rarer.
>>
>>70621018
Do good to your people and evil to your enemies.

This is the only way to be a leader.
>>
>>70622323
This.

Machiavelli understood that being a good person was an overrated and overly sentimental gesture. Your enemies will take advantage of it.
>>
>>70622323
>>70622467

My nigga Thrasymachus stepping up to the plate.

This was brought up in Book 1 of the Republic by Plato.

What would you say to Socrates who says the just man does not worsen the condition of good things? As in, a true sculptor would not make hideous art, and a true horseman would not make a horse worse off - so can the just man commit injustice and worsen the condition of your foes?
>>
Define good.
>>
>>70621084
we need an AI as a leader
while i am all for this, whats to stop the AI's architect from programming it to pursue their own ulterior motives.
>>
>>70622576
"Justice" is that which satisfies you, and punishes the enemy. If your enemy does not submit to you, the only justice they deserve is death.
>>
>>70621084
AI programmed by humans may be just as fallible as humans.
>>
>>70621264

>So you've narrowed it down to no one.
>>
>>70621018

yes, in fact, it's necessary
>>
If you kill niggers you're a good person.
>>
>>70622928
So we let AI program themselves?

Nice knowing you all.
>>
>>70621018
Yes but not always at the same time.
>>
>>70621018
Good is an objective term. You can be an effective leader and be a good person.
>>
>>70621018
Being a good father and being a good friend is two different things.

A good person is too vague. I guess one can say a good person is a person why acts good in all their roles. A good leader is a leader who eliminates chaos, upholds order and law. If that means killing 10,000 barbarians at the border, then so be it.
>>
>>70624548
>>70622834

more so suggesting that if we ever decide to put an AI into a position of power, that it be done carefully and with as much certainty that it hasn't been tampered with.
>>
>>70622576
Enemies aren't even human. Why would you care about them?
>>
>>70621084
>AI is programmed by humans
ming ming herro do u even know what you are talking about
>>
>>70626096
I think you do, Xi.
>>
>>70621084
>This is why we need an AI as a leader
Oh fuck off.

AI is the last thing we need.

They think too rationally. People are not rational.
>>
>>70625909
Easy friend, this isn't 1942.
>>
>>70626877
That's how it's been for 20,000 years. In the last decade it somehow makes you "edgy".

Even in Iraq campaign them poor fuckers weren't considered human. They called them "sand people", "towelheads" and "mud people" in the news even.
And soldiers didn't give a fuck either, all them recreational Iraqi rapes, tortures and dismemberments, the good times.

Then BAM - the enemies are somehow considered human. Happened in the course of a few years.
>>
>>70627203
the west needs to get into another shit fight to remind us the world is full of people that want to kill us
>>
>>70627984
Agreed. When you sit at the top for too long, you become complacent.
>>
>>70627203
What about in the First World War? Live and let live is well documented as is the fact that many of the front line soldiers had more of a seething resentment for the armchair warriors back home than for what they considered men in more or less the exact same position on the other side of the line.

What about when soldiers sometimes risk their lives to save wounded soldiers from the other side? And not every soldier in Iraq treated the Iraqi's like subhuman scum.
>>
File: speed.jpg (7 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
speed.jpg
7 KB, 214x235
It's possible.
Tony Abbott was a fine Prime Minister and a right honourable citizen of the Commonwealth of Australia.
>>
>>70621018
Yes. Fair rules, some sort of trial for something someone is accused of, and swift punishment for disrespect.
>>
>>70627984
>the west needs to get into another shit fight to remind us the world is full of people that want to kill us

The world is full of people that want to kill us because we keep getting into shit-fights.
>>
>>70628466
if we stop fighting them they will just find other reasons to want to kill us. religion, resources, dick measuring etc. its an endless cycle.
>>
>>70628375
That's only because the soldiers had months to sit in trenches and the time to get to know the enemy.
Meddling with the enemy is never healthy.
>>
>>70628585
Blah. You are just buying into an outmoded form of received wisdom. Sat there in a safe country like New Zealand preaching the ethics of endless war.
>>
>>70628909
>safe
Chances are we will be called to fight in any upcoming wars, same as everybody else.
>>
>>70628890
>Meddling with the enemy is never healthy.
So, when does it stop? I seem to remember Germany and England kicking the shit out of each other not so long ago, but are now allies.

Einstein was a German who lived in America during the Second World War. Technically an enemy then, should America have thrown him in an internment camp. Meddling.
>>
>>70629157
Lol. Will you be volunteering? What's the worst you have ever been burnt?
>>
>>70629290
we haven't, outside of some Nazis stealing milk from us in WW2.
In the event of any upcoming wars i don't think volunteering is going to be an option
>>
>>70629169
>Germany and England kicking the shit out of each other not so long ago, but are now allies.
Catholic League, League of Augsburg, Quadruple Alliance etc etc etc
Germany and Britain were allies for long periods of time.
Alliances don't mean shit, it is only a tool serving to achieve political interests.

>Einstein was a German

Eintstein was a kike, who escaped from the Shoah. US always loved kikes.

Are you really that uneducated or only pretending?
>>
>>70621018

yes, you just need to trust me
>>
>>70629425
So, you think, that pretty soon there will be compulsory mobilization for more or less every able bodied male in every country on the face of the planet?

And no, by burnt, I meant you, physically burnt.
>>
>>70629554
German Jews fought for Germany in the First World War. Einstein was German.

I say again, at one point England and Germany were absolute enemies, but now are not. So at some point you start talking to your enemies. Meddling.
>>
>>70629597
not badly enough to to leave any permanent markings no.
and i said "in the event of" not that there would definitely be any large scale conflicts
>>
>>70629797
Ok, you think that in the event of a large scale conflict there will be compulsory mobilization for more or less every able bodied male in every country on the face of the planet?
>>
>>70629747
>German Jews fought for Germany in the First World War.
That was before they made Germany lose WW1, staged a revolution, killed a couple of hundred thousand Germans, staged hyperinflation, killed the economy and sold the gold reserves to Britain.

>Einstein was German.

Einstein was a Jew. Both in blood and faith.

Go read a history book before you shitpost your ignorant opinions here.
>>
>>70629902
>Go read a history book before you shitpost your ignorant opinions here.

The irony of this statement is palpable. So, I am guessing you are an unemployed German from somewhere there that was once East Germany?

Oh and btw, Jew or not, Einstein, technically a German.
>>
>>70629898
>on the face of the planet
of course not.
tho i don't doubt the US will be involved, and NZ has US dick right down its throat, so there is no doubt at least we and others aligned with them will be involved.
>>
>>70630123
But, you said:

>In the event of any upcoming wars i don't think volunteering is going to be an option
>>
>>70630109
I am a jew, posting from my mountain house.

And no, a Jew will never belong to a nation other than Israel.
Because having an allegiance to the gentiles is a mortal sin. I'm a German citizen, but I have no allegiance to any country, I can easily swap citizenships at my convenience.
>>
>>70630215
at this point you are just straw manning my argument.
>>
>>70630305
>And no, a Jew will never belong to a nation other than Israel.

Well, I have met some very annoying pro-Israeli Jews, yes, but then some others who didn't really give 2 shits about Israel and just wanted to get on with their lives.

Generalizing here but generalizations are often a bad thing.
>>
>>70630305
Nope. I was calling you out because you are an armchair warrior and I asked if you would be willing to volunteer to fight yourself to which you said that you didn't think that volunteering would be an option.
>>
>>70630612
>but then some others who didn't really give 2 shits about Israel
These are the traitor no better than the gentiles. Assimilating Jews should be killed, like rav Yitzhak Yosef said.
>>
>>70630747
would i be willing to volunteer?
really depends on the reasoning behind the conflict.
>>
>>70630612
Any single man who doesn't give a shit about his nation, religion, heritage and tradition is the one who would fuck up the entire humanity as well if he has the chance. Without exceptions.
>>
>>70630808

Wow, you have got some internal seething hatred issues. Your face will grow into that of a bitter old man, scowling at the youth.
>>
>>70630936
Listen buuuuuuuddy! The entire earth is your heritage, nation states and religions are pretty new by comparison.
>>
>>70630967
that's my religion.
Why are you so antisemitic?
Should I inform your authorities?
>>
>>70630936
>>70631081

I am an Englishman with a half Irish heritage living in Holland with a strongly American biased music collection who travels often in India and who likes Moroccan food and who wants to visit Ethiopia at some point.

So, what's my heritage that I have to angrily defend?
>>
>>70631335
You have none, we made sure of that. We did the same thing to Romans. And Egyptians before them. And Babylonians before them.

World orders, nations and empires come and go, and we stay and we will be there when Europe will stop existing and your lineage will be long gone.

You are a fine example of why gentiles aren't considered human.
>>
>>70631597
Actually guv I am a Jain and we were around a long time before the Jews. We consider Jews to be like newfags. Nice try.
>>
>>70628375
It's a lot different when the people look like you, among other similarities.
>>
>>70631852
But the soldiers often hated the armchair warriors back home; who looked the same and were of the same nationality and race.
>>
>>70631775
It isn't a thing.
>>
I've tried to read machiavelli but due to my shit-tier IQ i can't remember and actually talk about the stuff written inside.

an hero when lads
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1000x750
>>70622323
Well said
>>
>>70632358
Mediocre response guv. Jainism is a thing; a truly ancient creed and religion thing. With its principle defining characteristic being Ahimsa, aka dedication to non-violence.
>>
>>70632582
The armchair warriors are out in force today.
>>
>>70621018
No. I am not going to liberate Italy
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.