[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is having diversity in a company more profitable than not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15
File: 1386733075752.png (271 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1386733075752.png
271 KB, 500x430
Discuss, /pol/.
>>
File: 1451016792134.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451016792134.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>black people
>>
Kind of.

Diverse teams tend to produce better outcomes than homogenous teams, and this is backed up by empirical data, but it could well be that diversity has other costs to the company.

Furthermore, companies require you to demonstrate competence before hiring you. Only the diverse members who can do their job get into these teams. If you just threw anyone in there for the sake of diversity then the outcome wouldn't be as good.

Basically

smart blacks + smart whites > smart whites only
blacks + whites < whites only

t. bachelor of human resources
>>
File: 1338794842659401797.png (193 KB, 870x656) Image search: [Google]
1338794842659401797.png
193 KB, 870x656
>>70614011
>empirical data

shitposting isn't empirical
>>
File: World+IQ+Map.jpg (103 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
World+IQ+Map.jpg
103 KB, 1000x625
>>70614070
>>
>>70613857
Diversity will naturally come to any company. Trying to fill diversity quota will lead to the inevitable downfall of the company.
>>
>>70614070
>>70614103
Congratulations of failing at reading comprehension.

>smart blacks + smart whites > smart whites only
>blacks + whites < whites only
>>
>>70613857

yes because government will give you govbux for reaching your nigger quota
>>
>>70613857
In Sweden, every single company want a male/female and swedish/immigrant balance, I don't fucking get why, who gives a shit
>>
>>70614011
>smart blacks + smart whites > smart whites only
>blacks + whites < whites only
I've never workes with smart blacks so this could be true.

Could you elaborate the point? What makes this diversity improve performance? Also I assume that this would only be true in certain fields.
>>
>>70614517
he's spreading the diversity myth which has already been disproven by Robert Putnam

see
>>70614143
>>
>>70613857
You need to have people that work hard op.

So women and no nigger
>>
File: 1458628223804.jpg (133 KB, 776x678) Image search: [Google]
1458628223804.jpg
133 KB, 776x678
>>70614103
>the majority of africa has a lower iq than apes
>>
>>70614103
Why does nunavut have lower IQ than greenland and north Alaska? I tought they where the same people.
>>
>>70614517
http://web.mit.edu/cortiz/www/Diversity/Jayne%20and%20Dipboye%202004.pdf

Konrad (2003) has stated three primary
arguments in the business case for diversity.
First, competition for the best talent
requires organizations to reach out and embrace
an increasingly diverse labor pool. Second,
a global economy requires that organizations
have a diverse workforce so that they
can effectively deal with an increasingly diverse
customer base. Thus, a diverse workforce
can lead to an increased market share,
whereas lack of diversity in the workforce can
lead to a shrinking market share. A third argument
is that demographic diversity unleashes
creativity, innovation, and improved group
problem solving, which in turn enhances the
competitiveness of the organization.
Ask about empirical support for the
claim that diversity has a positive impact on
business performance, however, and the answer
is a more tentative “maybe.” Research
examining the impact of demographic heterogeneity
on workgroup performance as
well as overall organizational performance
has produced mixed results at best.
The purpose of this article is to review the empirical
findings on the relationship between diversity
and organizational performance and
highlight practical techniques for applying
these findings in organizations. In addition,
this article will discuss techniques for establishing
metrics to evaluate the effectiveness
of diversity initiatives.

CONCLUSION
It seems clear that increasing the diversity
of the workforce often involves problems
such as dissatisfaction and conflict.
Moreover, diversity alone does not guarantee
immediate, tangible improvements in organizational,
group, or individual performance.
Nevertheless, achieving a diverse workforce
and effectively managing this workforce can
yield huge benefits.
>>
>>70614070
>implying America is white
>>
>>70614945
>maybe
>often involves problems
>can

m8
>>
>>70614563
Maybe my english is too mediocre to get it right but:

>In his paper, Putnam cites the work done by Page and others, and uses it to help frame his conclusion that increasing diversity in America is not only inevitable, but ultimately valuable and enriching.

After reading the whole text that conclusion surprised me quite a bit.
>>
>>70615166
>achieving a diverse workforce and effectively managing this workforce can yield huge benefits.
m9
>>
>>70615202
>can

m10
>>
>>70615167
American Pravda media always has to come to that conclusion.
>>
File: 1458417465273.jpg (276 KB, 1120x788) Image search: [Google]
1458417465273.jpg
276 KB, 1120x788
>>70614996
US STEM majors are mostly either white or east asian.
>>
>>70615311
If you actually read the paper then you'll know what she's referring to when she says can.
>>
>>70615202
>effectively managing this workforce

If your argument is "managing your workforce can result in benefits" it's pretty retarded m11

That's a given, it doesn't matter how many niggers are there, if they're effectively managed (read: whips), they're going to be effective.
>>
File: diversity.jpg (200 KB, 1309x515) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
200 KB, 1309x515
>>70613857
>>
>>70615422
tldr it for me

it isn't that diverse demographic leads to greater creativity and problem solving in the workplace is it

What kind of empirical evidence for that would there even be?
>>
File: stats.jpg (170 KB, 1000x834) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
170 KB, 1000x834
>>70615410

And mostly male.
>>
>>70615446
No, it's stating that you need to implement your diversity program in a way that works and in a situation where it's actually going to help to get benefits.

Again, if you'd read the article you'd understand it better.

The author lays out that diversity has no benefit on an organisation that's downsizing, for example. Implementing a diversity program in a downsizing organisation will not yield benefits. This is not effective management of a diverse workforce.

Effectively managing a non-diverse workforce = X
Effectively managing a diverse workforce = X + Y
>>
>>70614434
Well if your immigrants cant get jobs like here in Belgium they blow themselves up in your airports.

Get them out or keep them employed, otherwise it'll only get worse.
>>
>>70614002
snorlax used slam
>>
>>70615505
>tldr it for me
How much are you going to pay me for it?

>it isn't that diverse demographic leads to greater creativity and problem solving in the workplace is it
That's part of it. The benefits of diversity are much stronger in fields requiring flexibility and innovation, like marketing.

>What kind of empirical evidence for that would there even be?
Team A at an organisation is homogenous and produces 5 actionable ideas per cycle. Team B at an organisation is diverse and produces 7. These teams exist in very similar conditions in the same corporate culture so there are very few differences between their circumstances. Take this and imagine you have 6,000 examples of Team A and Team B spread out over 20 years of research from many different organisations and you start to build a trend.
>>
>>70613857
I mean, someone's gotta clean those toilets, right?
>>
>>70615728
Is this worth the downsides and potential problems though? How would this difference translate into actual money? This is all I care about 2bh
>>
>>70615942
>Is this worth the downsides and potential problems though?
The point is that if you effectively manage it you see benefits and if you don't you see problems. Effectively managed diversity has no problems.

>How would this difference translate into actual money?
That depends on so much that it's impossible to answer except that a lot of business are investing in diversity and they are profit-motivated, so evidently the people in the best position to make that determination have made it.
>>
They say diversity is strength, but then i look at nazi scientific gains, and it kind of casts doubt on the whole thing.
>>
File: space_launch_system.png (47 KB, 740x272) Image search: [Google]
space_launch_system.png
47 KB, 740x272
>>70616353
>>
>>70616141
But what defines "effectively managed" diversity? What steps can be taken to reduce the risk of these potential downsides? How are they dealt with when they pop up?

>>70616353
Well as we're learning in this thread, diversity generally ISN'T a strength unless it's properly controlled. But in a properly educated and controlled environment, presumably diversity can indeed be a strength in cases where creativity is important. At least in a market setting.
>>
>>70616141
> Effectively managed diversity has no problems.

Management cost money, a lot of money. The problem being, you have a lot more chances to find a hard working white than a hard working minority if you to put a manager behind every minority it's not worth it.

Exception in sales, bringing a token minority when you try to make business with said minority can be an advantage but you need to be really careful because it can backfire easily. Bringing a nice looking women is easier and it works every time.
>>
>>70616527
>But what defines "effectively managed" diversity? What steps can be taken to reduce the risk of these potential downsides? How are they dealt with when they pop up?
Sounds like something you should take up with your lecturer and tutor at the local university, anon.

Your questions do have answers, but they require entire courses to answer completely. I can give you a tl;dr version, but then you will just complain I haven't answered this part of it, or you will have another question, forever and ever. If it interests you I suggest you read some articles on the topic, or maybe even study it at a tertiary institution like I did. That's the only way you'll get satisfaction.

>>70616754
>a lot of business are investing in diversity and they are profit-motivated, so evidently the people in the best position to make that determination have made it.

The people who actually have money at stake are deciding that it is worth it, anon. There is a place for diversity in the workplace. Not every workplace, and not all the time, but there are upsides to it occasionally.
>>
>>70616527
But controlled environments cost money, so maybe even in a market setting they outweigh the benefits, simply because of cost.
Also group cohesion is less in a diverse environment, and one thing i've learned group cohesion is the most important thing.
>>70617013
>Your questions do have answers, but they require entire courses to answer completely. I can give you a tl;dr version,

If you can't TLDR that means you yourself don't know the answer.

For example.

Why is my country fucked up?
You could write a essay on it, but the TLDR is, because corruption and the idiotic public.
>>
>>70617232
Disregard second part, my brains reading thing that don't exist.
>>
>>70617013
> but there are upsides to it occasionally.

Of course there is. Sometime.

But what piss me off is, in withe country diversity in the workplace is pushed by the government you have to get a few spots for the nigger because street smart and jungle mojo. But when white are working aboard bringing actual worth they are portrayed like they are literally stealing jobs and money.
>>
>>70615167
He sat on his results for 5 years because he didn't like them, ideologically speaking. So yea, his data show that diversity hurts communities, and he soft-pedaled it.
>>
>>70617386
Diversity as policy is different from diversity as a business decision. Diversity as policy is based mostly on ethics, and the facts don't matter because people will say "the costs are worth it because we are doing the right thing." Diversity as a business decision is "does this make money? Probably? Okay, then do it."

I'm not in favour of diversity as policy because ethics are a meme and fuck morality. I am in favour of diversity as a business decision because strong business means strong economy means more money for everyone.

I hate niggers and chinks and poo-in-loos, but there is a place for everyone on this planet. The important thing to remember is that the place of whites is on the top.
>>
>>70615585
But if diversity had intrinsic value to an organization, shouldn't it be effective regardless of whether or not a company is growing or shrinking? It's an odd effect that it helps a company of 10,000 based on whether or not it's growing. Sounds like BS.
>>
>>70613857
Depends, if by diversity you mean hiring japanese, or chinese guys, that can work a lot, and be precise than it is good. But if you mean like the leftards do, to hire a nigger than you get a lazy fuck, that you cannot even fire without a lawsuit, unless he attack an other employee, if you hire and indian, you get a fucker that always on the phone, and making all the other employees uncomfortamble, and annoyed, and lowers general productivity, if you hire a mudslime, they will start to turn the whole company into a third world shithole, with no productivity whatsoever, one prayer break at a time. Own experience, you can only get away with hiring eastern europeans (not romanians) like poles, or hungarians, or baltic poorfags, but that would still cause some tensions because of wage differences (if you use temps, you are an asshole that should be shot to death), but eastern europeans can work, and can even get more shit done than english people, certainly take less fucking tea breaks. Anyways, you should stick to your native countryman, it pays out in the long run, you don't want minor profit increase now, while the environment around you turn into hell, because migrant workers lowering the general wages, natives find jobs harder, have less to spend, living standards decrease, cities get more crowded because of economic migrants, rents rise, crime increases, you will have to invest more in security, and less of your products or services will be afforded by your costumers.
>>
>>70617671
>if diversity had intrinsic value to an organization
It doesn't.

It has situational use for specific purposes.
>>
>>70614011
Ugh, HR.

HR is so fucking worthless, catty bitchy women trying to tell me that I've got to be emotionally sensitive to perform my job.
>>
>>70619655

You sound a bit emotional about HR famaburger
>>
If diversity was good they wouldn't have to federally enforce it.
>>
>>70619870
You're under the impression that ppl gaf about what you as an hr fag has to say. Bless your heart.
>>
File: 1459598134693.png (35 KB, 846x615) Image search: [Google]
1459598134693.png
35 KB, 846x615
>>70613857
When you're operating a company, your goals should be strictly meritocratic.

I'd rather hire the average white guy than a lazy nigger, and I'd rather hire an educated black dude than some trailer trash fuck.
If by "diversity" you mean color-blind hiring and promotion, sure. But, if you mean the left's dumbass policy of keeping quotas for how many nig-nogs to keep in the workplace, you can't but expect your business to stumble a bit.
>>
>>70620430
LOL. If you work for a major corporation and you view HR as an antagonistic fashion, there's probably a reason. They don't value you, because your worthless and easily replaceable.
>>
>>70619870
Yes, and I even explained why. You should try to read it, Shitpostrailia.
>>
>>70620690
>worthless and easily replaceable

Man, that sounds like HR to a T.

No wonder you're so familiar with the terminology, you live it every day!
>>
>>70614011
>Diverse teams tend to produce better outcomes than homogenous teams, and this is backed up by empirical data,

That's interesting. Do you have a link to this empirical data?
>>
>>70615202
>effectively managing this workforce can yield huge benefits.
Such as?
>>
>>70613857
>not hiring the best people regardless of race pr gender
>expecting the best results

are you trolling?
>>
Good diversity = Mixing different flavours of soft drink to achieve a better tasting drink
Bad diversity = Mixing soft drink and coffee - you could add coffee into any selection of diverse soft drinks hybrids and It would instantly ruin them all

Some things can combine to create something greater than it parts, others will ruin each other every single time

Diversity is strength, not all diversity is good
>>
File: 1459252196739.png (237 KB, 465x510) Image search: [Google]
1459252196739.png
237 KB, 465x510
>>70620863
www.goldsteinburgsteininstitute.com/212343.html

"Diversity in the Workplace and it's impact"
By: Ezra Isaac Solomon-Katz

Funded by: Soros Foundation, European Institute for Jewish Studies and Swedish Academy of Arts and Sciences
>>
>>70620690
I'm irreplaceable at my company. Because it's mine. The only people who have power over me are my customers.

Not being selfish employed is modern day slavery.
>>
>>70620690
Unfortunately 99% of a company workforce is worthless and easily replaceable. Managers tend to remind you that when you ask for a raise.

Life of a wageslave is suffering
>>
80% white 20% Asian mix sounds good.
>>
>>70613857
No. Individuals should be judged on their ability to do the job; not wether a certain amount of people on the board of directors have to be brown.

if anything a company should be forced to employ a certain amount of indigenous people over non-indigenous.
>>
>>70614103
Does anyone have a source for this; would ratherlike to use it but don't want to resort to just posting a meme.
>>
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>70614011
>t. bachelor of human resources

How the fuck are you on /pol/ without realizing that you got brainwashed, m8?
>>
>>70613857
one of the few "white people" jokes that are actually funny
>>
File: 1460315669942.jpg (974 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1460315669942.jpg
974 KB, 2000x2000
>>70613857
>nigger with zero fantasy and intelligence gets to become a mall security bitch
>creative and smart white people end up with high paying jobs

Being creative pays, being niggers means you're only good at picking cotton, and even then there's machines for that.
>>
>Is having diversity in a company more profitable than not?

It probably is since the government will bend over backwards and form new laws to make it so.

The real fact is, if whites were treated as they should be, all Western countries would be 10s better off than they are now.

(Take this from a drunk who scores in the 90+% in luminosity challenges)
>>
>>70613857
Absolutely. The more diverse your company is the greater your work will be. Everything works at its absolute best when no two workers are remotely similar.
>>
>>70613857
Yes because white people are dumb as bricks and lazy as fuck compared to chinks and curries. Why do you think we're taking all your "good jobs" in STEM? Even Jews have to resort to general Jewiness to compete.
>>
>>70614002

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. And I've seen people's heads get blown to shreds. Please just kill them all already...
>>
>>70624586

>floundering in fantasy and escapism
>creative

I'm an artist and musician lemme tell you theres nothing creative about the dumb kids in that picture.
>>
>>70614011
>Diverse teams tend to produce better outcomes than homogenous teams
Generally that's only true for teams that are diverse in terms of skillsets, not in terms of race or culture. There are a few exceptions. If you want to ship a product to all parts of the world, you have to understand cultural norms and nuances to have the edge in marketing.

But for engineering or any technical subject for that matter, diversity of race and culture is completely irrelevant, because race and culture itself is completely irrelevant once you internalize the scientific method and have knowledge of your subject.
>>
Let me tell you about Homestuck
>>
Nop diversity doesn't work.

What diversity is in a post company: Allah Akhbar delivery truc drivers, dumb idiots who sort post, almost only white people exclusively at the strategic apex.

Yeah hurray for diversity!
>>
File: cats.png (80 KB, 917x700) Image search: [Google]
cats.png
80 KB, 917x700
Having people that can do their job is more profitable in a company. That includes working well with others. There's no sense hiring people just for the color of their skin or what sex they are, as this leads to people who really don't understand how to do their work. Equally, if an employee openly discriminates against others while on site, they are an inhibitor to the company and worth throwing out. Skinheads and feminazies alike.
>>
>>70613857
In a controlled environment it may work but let's face it - the majority of companies do not take their hiring practices seriously and most HR people exist solely to place warm bodies in seats based on muh feels and how much time they have until the next lunch/meeting/fill-in-the-blank-excuse to make it look like you're really busy when you're actually just fucking off.

SO.

Since your HR people have their own agendas that involve the least amount of work/thought possible, it lands on those of you who DO work for a living to pull all the water for your respective departments.

With this pragmatist's view in mind:

Most grown adults - they still largely behave like children. Any bullshit you see fly on a daily basis in your typical high school is what you can expect.

You should pick the person who you think will get along with the others the best and lets slip the fewest personal issues during the interview.

The last thing you want is someone coming in, full of culture shock, acting like they have something to prove when they are too stupid to realize they don't know shit, being abrasive to your core members.

They should not be whining about their junker of a car, or how they suddenly need to take day after day after fucking day off from work because:

* Apartment got flooded.
* Teenage daughter attempted to commit suicide.
* Tires on car slashed.
* Apartment caught on fire this time, so please donate $ because no insurance.
* Family member who was babysitting suddenly needs to rush to hospital. Again. And, again.
* Child is participating in sports so now all of these dates must have hours changed.
* Sick (range of conditions would make God cry)
* Getting a divorce. Nope, back together. Ok, divorce.

This list goes on and on, and it is typical of what you will hear from hiring certain types of people who compensate for their lack of knowledge and ethic with overconfidence and ego.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.