[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone here stupid enough to believe that protectionism is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: tom_4b.jpg (26 KB, 240x336) Image search: [Google]
tom_4b.jpg
26 KB, 240x336
Is anyone here stupid enough to believe that protectionism is better than free trade?
>>
That depends on your goal. Neoliberal economists, which are most of them, have made the pretty compelling case that in nearly all instances free trade is the most effective mechanism to achieve the greatest degree of efficiency in the market.

What the West has forgotten over the past few decades is there is more to achieve in trade, or more thing to achieve in areas supported by trade, than the greatest possible degree of efficiency. What grows net global wealth the fastest may not be nest for particular groups, cultures, peoples, or nations. This is especially true in the labor market.
>>
File: 1451356727411.png (30 KB, 712x649) Image search: [Google]
1451356727411.png
30 KB, 712x649
>>70610681
>>
>>70610681

Bernie is.
>>
>>70610914

As is Donald Trump

>CHI-YUNA
>>
>>70610681
I am
>>
>>70610681
Also me is enuff stoopid
>>
>>70610681
If you have unemployment, protectionism is good. Cheap foreign made goods are useless if you haven't got any money to buy them.
>>
>>70610681
there's no such thing as free trade.
NAFTA is an investor protection agreement
>>
>>70610681

My country once had zero income tax as the government and all its institutions were funded by tariffs.

Maybe your country wouldn't be a complete shithole about to balkanize if you didn't believe in free trade so much.
>>
>>70611162
All functioning markets are based on investor protections. Even the most rapid AnCap underpins their ideology with a robust judiciary capable of enforcing contracts and holding parties accountable for damages or losses. Without such protections there is no incentive to utilize capital.
>>
>>70611364
>functioning markets
forcing agreements on countries with no power to say no
forcing countries to take subsidized over production so their own markets fail
>>
mexico and haiti can't compete
>>
Liberals:

>Care about inequality and redistribution.
>Muh free trade, efficiency and cheaper goods argument at the same time while not giving a fuck about those who suffer, so Pajeet and Han in India and China can slave away for lower wages.

There is a perfectly legitimate argument against free trade faggot.
>>
>>70611157
Also, there are pragmatic security related reasons to apply protectionist policies to industries such as food, steel and anything related to military production. What happens if you've been buying these things from country A, who happens to have comparative advantage, but they then decide to go to war with you? Productive capacity and technical expertise have a value of their own, separate to sheer global output.
>>
File: 14173350291.png (134 KB, 419x357) Image search: [Google]
14173350291.png
134 KB, 419x357
>>70610681

>house nigger sowell

stop posting this, faggot

blacks are hardest hit economically by globalism and outsourcing. a new protectionism would be a tremendous boon for the black community in the U.S., and an opportunity for them to re-boot their culture over here, get off welfare, and become contributing members of society rather than a net drain.

i'm not a nigger, but if i was, i would be screaming my bloody head off for some protectionism. if i was a nigger, that race traitor thomas sowell would have to constantly look over his shoulder if he wanted to survive.

goddamn, i h8 thomas sowell... fucking niggers, even when they try to be white, they do it wrong.
>>
>>70615134
The combination of globalisation and welfare dependency is fucking brutal, and the bastards responsible for it deserve to hang. The amount of suffering that has resulted from these policies is truly unfathomable.

Its not fair to call Sowell a house nigger, though. Hes not write about everything, and is becoming sort of entrenched in his old age, but he is obviously smart as fuck.

You can't criticize blacks for being ghetto thugs, and then call them house niggers, uncle toms, oreos, when they actually succeed.

Between Sorell and yourself, the bigger nigger is you.
>>
>>70613103
But anon that's so silly, countries don't go to war anymore.

>Israel vs Arab world
>Syrian civil war
>Ukrainian civil war
>Armenia vs Azerbaijan
>India vs Pakistan
>South Chinese Sea tensions
>Europe migrant tensions
>Favelas and gangs in Latin America
>Australia vs Emus
>>
File: based sowell.jpg (15 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
based sowell.jpg
15 KB, 236x314
>>70615134
What a black guy who doesn't buy into the welfare state?
>godamn housenigger uncle tom fool.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.