[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we should raise the minimum wage.statistically states with higher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: nebraska.jpg (336 KB, 594x1601) Image search: [Google]
nebraska.jpg
336 KB, 594x1601
we should raise the minimum wage.statistically states with higher minimum wages have lower unemployment rates of course I'm not saying Jack it up to $15 that's idiotic so why can't we make it 9 or 10$ or few cents higher.
>>
>>70600327
Minimum wage in 1965 use to be $1.25 (which is equivalent to like $9.80 nowadays)
>>
File: roleplay.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
roleplay.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>implying that prices won't go up as a result
>implying people like you won't stop whining wah wah raise minimum wage and start this cycle again
>>
>>70600608
>that prices won't go up as a result
it's better than everyone can afford basic products then them being more expensive
>>
>>70600977
Go learn about inflation and then come back.
>>
>>70601159
I'm not saying that inflation won't happen
>>
>>70600327
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>70600977
minimum wage increase causes unemployment

this is micro econ 101
>>
>>70601512
The what's the point
If there is more of something then it's is worth less
What we need is to decrease inflation by cutting government spending
>>
No one ever presents a solution in these kinds of threads.

>muh inflation
>get a better job
>get an education

How are people supposed to accomplish these things from a rock bottom start? Where is the opportunity?
>>
>>70600327
>Ever using unemployment rate and not labor participation rate

>Not showing a graph for minimum wage for the same period

>Not showing national average or a bunch of other RELEVANT states.
>>
>>70602279
Work hard and struggle till you make a better life for yourself. No one owes you anything.
>>
>>70602279
>Where is the opportunity?
Gone to china, where minimum wage is between $1.2 and $2.5, depending on province.
>>
>>70600608
>implying that prices won't go up as a result
>thinks labor is 100% of the price of a product

I'll never understand why right wingers are such fucking morons.
>>
>>70602279
It is solved you nonce
Anyone whos halfway intelligent can get a scholarship.
Anyone whos not can work a trade
>>
>>70602812
implying liberals ARENT the ones wanting minimum wage raised u idiot
>>
The whole system is fucked by the start, anyway. High School is basically

> Oy John. You better work hard so you can go to [high ranking college]. You won't be successful if you don't :^)
>>
>implying businesses don't want the min wage to go up so they have an "excuse" to replace more jobs with machines

they are going to do it regardless of what the min wage is. a machine is always cheaper than a person in the long-term.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.