[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Nixon a great president?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (242 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242 KB, 800x452
Aside from watergate (I think it was a conspiracy), but in general, was tricky dick a great president?

>can't lick the dick
>>
No, he opened China. They should have been kept isolated from Western economies for as long as possible.
>>
>>70590263
In his short time tricky dick did well. He would've been one of the great if he wasn't set up. He wasn't the only one doing what he was doing, he just got "caught" doing it.

all in all, I think yes
>>
Yes, he saved Chile
>>
>>70590455
Tricky dick does make a goooood chili
>>
>>70590445
Is trump a good throwback to Nixon?
>>
File: 1457988246068.jpg (424 KB, 2836x468) Image search: [Google]
1457988246068.jpg
424 KB, 2836x468
Removed the Gold Standard so the government could print unlimited money for gimedats

Fuck him
>>
>>70590555
in what regard?
>>
>>70590263
>Opened up China
>Created EPA
>Started the War on Drugs
He was pretty shit tbqh
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 850x400
>>70590696
America first, straight shooter.
>>
No for various reasons such as >>70590375 and >>70590668 but curious about the conspiracy because I have heard that Nixon was spying on the Democrats not because he wanted to win (already fishy since he was projected to win easily) but because he was afraid they were being taken over by Marxists. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>70590555
Nah, Nixon was practically a closet democrat. Or maybe it's more accurate to say he was one of the last truly centrist US politicians. Trump is more like Reagan on steroids.
>>
>>70590852
>already fishy since he was projected to win easily
I asked my parents about this, they said he was paranoid as fuck and when watergate happened everyone was of course shocked that it happened but just as shocked that he would have done it in an election he was going to easily win, but that was his nature.
>>
>>70590852
Well look at the Democratic Party today.
>>
>>70590965

> "Reagan on steroids"
> doesn't give two shits about the Reagan-Goldwater Republican consensus and the religious right
> is statist, anti-immigration, anti-free trade, and anti-war
>>
>>70590965
Lolno
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.