[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Candidate Would The Founding Fathers Support?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
I have recently become fascinated with George Washington, and began reading a lot of his stuff. This got me thinking, who would George, and the other Founding Fathers support?
>>
frankling would support trump, as he was found of exagerating in the media nd was a self made man
>>
I don't think the founding fathers would support any candidate from the major political parties, because they didn't want a two-party system
>>
>>70585456
None.
>Hillary should be in a kitchen
>Sander should not be in office
>Cruz should be in Canada
>Trump or Drumpf as would be his family name during the 1700's should be in Germany
>>
>>70585456
Definitely Sanders. They would probably call for the execution of the rest for treason and dissolve and dismiss our Congress.
They 're going to build a statue of Bernie leaning against the Washington monument someday.
>>
None of them would support a spic born to a single mother in the country the loyalists started.

Franklin might like Trump, the others probably not.

Andrew Jackson would love Trump.
>>
>>70585619

Yeah, I assumed that after reading Washinton's Farewell Address:

>The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation on the ruins of public liberty.

Although, just assume they have to support one. I think at least Washington would support Trump do to Trump's view on foreign affairs being neutral like Washington's were. I also think Washington would hate hate both democrat canidates due to their view on free shit
>>
>>70585961
>Franklin might like Trump

He'd love Trump.

You should have heard the shit he said about other Europeans, even calling Swedes swarthy subhumans.
>>
>>70585456
Kasich for everyone except for Franklin, he gets Trump
>>
>>70585900

Great bait, but Washington would hate Bernie. Washington would not respect an atheist, he had a strong belief that religion and morality were indispensable:

>Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths, which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
>>
>>70585456
Cruz simply because his policies adhere more closely to the constitution than any other candidate
>>
>>70585456
Literally none of the major candidates. These were educated men of the Enlightenment. They would be disgusted if they knew modern American politics has boiled down to "BUILD WALL" and "DUDE FREE SHIT".
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (52 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
52 KB, 640x478
>>70586311
>reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
>>
File: 1459195473277.jpg (81 KB, 730x542) Image search: [Google]
1459195473277.jpg
81 KB, 730x542
If they took a look at American now and the direction it's headed for, they would unanimously vote Trump.
>>
>>70588972
America* - typo
>>
>>70585456
Didn't Washington say right off the bat that there should be no such things as political parties?
>>
>>70588972
lol no. The Founding Fathers were some of the most learned men of their time. Trump supporters tend to be uneducated.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/
>>
>>70585861
>Trump should be in Germany
Why, did his family illegally emigrate? Otherwise, he would be fine, since all 100% white burgers are descendants of euro immigrants anyways.
>>
File: Devil_and_Whiskey.jpg (98 KB, 389x556) Image search: [Google]
Devil_and_Whiskey.jpg
98 KB, 389x556
>>70585456

They'd fuck shit up.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (202 KB, 775x775) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
202 KB, 775x775
>>70588135
>The Founding Fathers would be disgusted by someone wanting to secure the borders of the nation they created

public schools, not even once
>>
>>70585619
False. Only Washington didn't want parties the others founded parties aka federalists and anti federalists a two party system retard
>>
>>70589509
that's because people have a gut instinct about what is right and wrong.

Can you blame college ""educated"" people for having their minds filled with lies?
>>
>>70586160
>Swedes back then
>swarthy
Wot m8?
>>
Trump is great but he's probably to childish for the founding fathers liking
>>
File: nopower.gif (985 KB, 480x200) Image search: [Google]
nopower.gif
985 KB, 480x200
>>70589509
>the atlantic
>>
>>70585456

Jefferson and Madison would support Rand

Washington, Hamilton, and Adams would support Trump

Obviously fucking none of them would support any Democrat except Webb.
>>
OBVIOUSLY Trump.
>>
>>70586311
but Bernie Sanders is Jewish.
>>
File: tumblr_m0fbc1UdSc1r5mz0i.jpg (50 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0fbc1UdSc1r5mz0i.jpg
50 KB, 500x332
>>70589919

He was likely referring to their bronze skin tone.
>>
>>70589996
>genetic fallacy
>>
File: fd.gif (69 KB, 702x700) Image search: [Google]
fd.gif
69 KB, 702x700
>>70589509
What an epic meme!
>>
>>70588135
>nigga doesn't know about the shit going on in the election of 1800.
>>
>>70589592
Lol Benjamin Franklin thought that all Germans except Saxons were non-white.
>>
>>70590402
kek. Failed to win a majority in either state.
>>
>>70590402
>Two States
>>
>>70590588
Also two eights
>>
>>70590511
There was like 7 people still running at the time
also
>moving the goal posts
>>
>real answer
Rand

>fake answer
rato
>>
File: serveimage (1).jpg (126 KB, 1461x1554) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).jpg
126 KB, 1461x1554
Probably this guy.
>>
>>70590628
Yeah... that doesn't apply here.

Anyway, your argument is shit. Twice as many Democrats showed up to vote in Massachusetts. By your logic, that means Democrats are smarter than Republicans.
>>
>>70591089
I'm pretty sure George Washington would choose fellow ABSOLUTE MADMAN John McAfee over this relatively tame fellow. Gary Johnson is more of a beta John Adams pick.
>>
>>70585861
>Sander should not be in office
>founding fathers support
you cant just say he should not be in office
that isnt a valid reason for the founding fathers to not like him
try again
>>
>>70585456
Every president, senator, governor, and representative before 1916 would agree that Trump's policies are completely sensible and necessary given what is going on today. The only reason half this shit is argued against is because people have completely abandoned common sense. Some people might not think Trump personally is presidential material but they'd still probably agree he was the best man for the job given the rest of the field.
>>
>>70591381
>Yuuuge increase in taxes
>Centralization of yuuuge parts of the economy

Troll harder
>>
>>70585456
They'd run their own candidate and fix the shit out of this country while giving everyone a good dose of freedom, so much freedom that even Ron Paul wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm getting a liberty boner just thinking about it
>>
>>70591381
Sanders is an atheist Jew who wants free college. The founder fathers were upper class white men. The founding fathers were aristocrats who held very traditional views. Benjamin Franklin said that America would be overrun by German immigrants and thought only England and Scotland were white. Also I doubt that the founding fathers would agree with the notion of free college.
>>
File: 1456450503463.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1456450503463.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>70591724
Are you aware that "common sense" is just as much of a conversation ender as "obviously" and "of course"? People use them when something is not obvious but they badly wish it were.
>>
>>70592043

>tfw the Founding Fathers run their own candidate and get less than 10% of the vote
>>
>>70592305

>there is no such thing as common sense because the people who have abandoned common sense can't agree on what it is

Okay
>>
>>70591367
>An Anglo like Washington
>supporting a FUCKING dirty paddy
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.