[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone who doesn't want to raise the minimum wage is either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: tax-collector-clipart-1.jpg (57 KB, 648x632) Image search: [Google]
tax-collector-clipart-1.jpg
57 KB, 648x632
Anyone who doesn't want to raise the minimum wage is either ignorant or unpatriotic.

I work for the federal government. Won't specify any agency, but I'm "up there". This is not a troll post, btw.

The fact is, our economy is built on debt, and unless all of you want to experience a cataclysmic economic decline, we have to start raising wages.
This issue supersedes inflationary damage raising minimum wage would do.

With rising minimum wage, we can collect more tax revenues to amortize our debt. To the consumer, inflation harms their savings, but to the government, it helps us pay-off our debt. We're reaching a point where the interest on our principal exceeds our tax revenues, and when that happens, all economic activity will come to an abrupt halt.

We need higher minimum wage so we can collect higher taxes.
>>
Never though about it from that perspective, I am for easing the minimum wage based on what a company can afford, though I'd imagine it'd be difficult to come up with a proper scale I think that's the best way to stop this blatant abuse of taxpayers money by companies like Walmart that make us pay for their eployees food and housing while not fucking over smaller ventures
>>
>>70583995
how about you go after off shore tax havens instead of stealing from people through inflation you corrupt faggot?
>>
File: 1458710482504.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458710482504.gif
2 MB, 500x281
I guess flipping burgers is considered a hard job in the US.
>>
>why fix our problems now when we could let them fester below the surface and make the next generation deal with the exponentially increased consequences?
KIKES
F U C K O F F
U
C
K

O
F
F
>>
>>70583995
>I'm high up there
sure buddy post some censored ID
>>
>>70584743

Let's do both

>>70584858

Stop posting this image, I've seen it like 10 times in the past 2 minutes by you
>>
>>70584743

That's too difficult and we don't know who's keeping what outside.

We can, however, easily raise min wage to $15 and get record tax revenues.
Time is running out. We need to pay-off our interest now.
>>
>>70583995
Or we could fire you and eliminate your agency and put that saved money toward the debt
>>
File: 1447037588971.jpg (42 KB, 547x523) Image search: [Google]
1447037588971.jpg
42 KB, 547x523
>>70583995
>>
>>70583995
OR the government could stop spending so much money creating useless bureaucracies that require paper pushing mouthbreathers like you
>>
>>70583995
This is the third thread about muh minimum wage. Reddit doing another of their raids?
>>
>>70585130
record tax revenues by stealing from people's savings

we could figure it out easily if the government wasn't complicit in it
>>
>>70585160
>>70585408

No, because without us, the country would be poorer.

No 1st world country can operate without debt unless they have tons of valuable natural resources.

Debt increases the standard of living of every citizen, as it creates a new supply of capital.
We also have to be careful about how much we borrow so that we have enough to amortize.

My skills are more valuable than both of yours, because my skills benefit the entire nation while yours only benefits you and your greedy employer.
>>
hey, guess what, instead of fucking up the economy we can just do what ron wanted to do
E N D T H E F E D
N
D

T
H
E

F
E
D
>>
>>70585606
Who needs savings when you can invest in the perfectly healthy stock market.
>>
>>70583995
>Not knowing jack shit about economics
>Implying raising the minimum wage wouldn't result in inflation rising more and more
>Implying raising the minimum wage wouldn't hurt small businesses more than large companies

WEW LAD
>>
>>70583995
>just a jew being a jew

So basically you're a jew who's looking to benefit from all the federal income taxes that will be generated from the hike in income.
>>
Shit thread
Americans post the percent uncle sam takes from you/you pay him
>>
What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>70586629
he didn't imply raising inflation was bad, he said the opposite. Which is true, to service the debts there needs to be inflation. What he ignores is that it's essentially a pyramid scheme. The US has been able to keep inflation from being hyperinflation by keeping the money moving globally or in reserves. Raising minimum wage would be terrible because it affects businesses that run with low margins necessitating the cutting of jobs/hours or raising prices. The problem with labor pricing can't be fixed by minimum wage only exacerbated.
>>
>>70583995
You will reduce the tax base very shortly. That is the end of this because people won't hire W2 or I9 employees at higher wages.
>>
>>70585656
You say this, yet you fail to tell us what agency you work for. There are important ones, and there are non important ones. People freak out when people talk about getting rid of the dep. of education, as if highschools and colleges didn't exist before it was created in 1980. We were smart enough to go to the moon without it. I think we'll be fine.
>>
>>70586820
0%.
>>
>>70585160

based anon
>>
>>70583995
On the state level, higher taxes are coming. Someone has to pay for the pork and the promises. Definitely in the near future it won't be the Federal Government.
>>
>>70583995
If you were truly high up in the government then you would realise that public debt is not a problem and you could abolish it altogether today if you wanted to. (Well, if Congress desired it, anyway.)
>>
>>70588989

The public debt belongs to wall street firms.

Taxes are used to pay off the interest on that debt.
>>
>>70583995
>With rising minimum wage, we can collect more tax revenues to amortize our debt.
>We need higher minimum wage so we can collect higher taxes.
How? The rich pay more taxes per dollar earned than the poor. Simply increasing the minimum wage would at best reduce tax revenues unless you think increasing the cost of labor increases economic growth (hint it doesn't).
Fuck off and take your commie price controls with you.
>>
>>70584858
estonia?
>>
>>70589284
The idea is that if people have more money, they spend more money which creates economic activities for both sides, consumer and producer. More activity=more $ from taxes. Labor pricing is so low due to globalization, immigration, and women's "liberation".

The minimum wage argument is just evidence of how childish everyone's understanding of the situation is, where a price that was created for teenager's wages can fix the problem of wealth concentration.
>>
File: 1458681094650.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1458681094650.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>70583995

>implying our debt will ever be paid off or was ever meant to be paid off.

Fuck off you idiot.

#EndTheFed
>>
>>70583995

You need to fuck off and get a real job
>>
>>70589797
Also increases in efficiency have lowered labor
>>
>>70583995
>This is not a troll post btw.
>>
How high of a minimum wage?
>>
>>70589797
The price for labor should be determined solely by free market forces. Not bureaucrats who don't react to incentives like me or you do, but rather the whim of the, often uneducated, public and jew donors.
The government is simply to slow, stupid, and corrupt to be given any benefit of the doubt when it comes to economic planning. It's why every command economy in history has failed, is failing, or transitioned into a free market.
>>
>>70590544
I agree

I think soon we'll be clearing out the bankers and bureaucrats that have been plundering the world.
>>
>>70590544
that's what hes arguing against, and anyone with a brain (or morals) likes freemarkets and the like more, but the inflation tax is good for big gov
>>
>>70583995
sounds pretty retarded. i'll just pay an illegal under the table
>>
Isn't California doing the whole 15 an hour thing? Let them try it first and see what happens.
>>
How about we teach people go annual literacy and how to live within their means and to stop popping out babies without means to support them
>>
>>70589282
>The public debt belongs to wall street firms.
Many different entities hold government debt instruments, including pension plans and foreign countries. Does this make the government vulnerable to bondholders? No of course not. Bonds are just interest-bearing dollars (or you could say vice versa).
>Taxes are used to pay off the interest on that debt.
No, the Fed just credits securities accounts. Federal taxes don't pay for shit.
>>
>>70583995
> earns minimum wage
> pays income taxes
PICK ONE, FAGGOT
>>
>>70591919
If we all live within our means then the government issues more debt, not less. Public debt is the accumulation of private saving.
>>
>>70583995
wooohoooooooooooooooooooo! more money to the fuckers who don't know how to use it correctly!
GOD! BLESS! AMERICA!
>>
>>70583995
Why is the tax collector dressed like a muzzie?
>>
File: es-127.jpg (165 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
es-127.jpg
165 KB, 1400x1400
>>70583995
>Anyone who doesn't want to raise the minimum wage is either ignorant or unpatriotic.
>I work for the federal government.
>This is not a troll post, btw.
>>
File: 1df00e_5489290.jpg (96 KB, 951x629) Image search: [Google]
1df00e_5489290.jpg
96 KB, 951x629
>>70583995
>>
>this is a really serious post

>muh national debt is sooo big :'(
>>
>>70583995
Die in a fire bloodsucker.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.