[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can the govt fix public schools?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
How can the govt fix public schools?
>>
>>70576848
Close em all down, they are beyond saving under the current system, throwing money at them does nothing.
>>
>>70576848
>How can the govt fix public schools?

The govt ruined education, anything they do is likely to cause more harm.

They need to leave it to private enterprise, while still assisting the very poor with resources to enroll.
>>
by teaching our kids about gay sex
>>
>>70576848
raise pay for teachers would give them a reason to fire bad teachers and inspire people to become teachers

raising the salary of teachers is a sliver compared to our whole budget so it's possible.
>>
>>70576848
Segregation
>>
How long until the common core generation hits the workforce?
>>
Do away with compulsory attendance.

If someone doesn't want to learn, you can't make them.

They then ruin everyone else's time by being as distuptive as possible.
>>
>>70576848
Leaving public education only for families too poor to pay taxes, and lower the tax burden on working-class families to allow those families to pursue private schools where the staff is accountable to the customer.
When it's the government's fault that your kid knows dick about shit and comes home with propaganda for homework, you essentially have no recourse as a citizen that won't come far too late. Private schools are accountable to the customer.
>>
>>70577605
/thread
>>
>>70577605
Its more about speak snow flakes not having their feelings hurt than integration, a teacher tries to set a student right now a days they get fired and sued
>>
>>70576848
By closing them and getting the fuck out of the education industry.
>>
Small schools in small towns are great

Inner city minority schools are the problem

I have 2 solutions:
Break up these mega schools and dilute the black culture to under 7%

or

Give them an option to drop anytime and get them out of the system
>>
What do you mean fix? I was upper-middle class growing up so the public schools in my area were great.

If you mean fix it for poor dindus then I guess don't confine the education portion of property tax to the district: have it split among all schools in the state evenly.
>>
>>70576848

End teachers unions.
End tenures.
Reduce benefits.
Introduce competitive salaries for well performing teachers.
Standardized testing every two to four months with questions approved by teachers in the district.
>>
>>70578907
That's a horrible idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 320x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 320x330
>>70576848
Teacherfag here.

I love all the faggots in this thread acting like armchair public policy prognosticators. Take it from someone actually in education (a 40% Nigger school, nonetheless).

Here's how you fix it.

>create standards (behavioral and academic) for students, and expel those who cannot meet them. American schools are notorious for making expulsions almost impossible. It's time to bring them back.
>Put special Ed kids in different classrooms. Inclusion has only confused sped kids and held back gifted kids. We have to stop trying to please everybody.
>Bring back school unifrorms. There isn't much correlation with improved academic performance, but it has been shown to improve behavior. Plus it inculcates into students that it is time for school. It's not time for the club or socializing.
>Either bring back segregation or stop this whole nonsense about the "achievement gap". My district is constantly looking for black teachers in hopes of improving black grades, and even NYC has a "Men of Color" initiative (pic related) acting as affirmative action for minirotiy teachers for minority schools. The achievement gap will always exist because the races are different. Either accept it, or segregate the schools.

Wanna know why Europe and Asia do better than us? It's not because of "muh common core" and it's not because of "much teacher unions". It's because of race and academic standards. It's basically impossible to kick a kid out of an American school. Leaving these undesirables in the classroom only brings down the average and disrupts those who actually wanna learn.

/thread.
>>
File: 1460171697712.jpg (363 KB, 600x676) Image search: [Google]
1460171697712.jpg
363 KB, 600x676
>>70578907
>Standardized testing every two to four months with questions approved by teachers in the district.

Why?
>>
>>70578907
>implying our shitty schools have more to do with teachers than niggers and shitty admin policy.
>>
>>70579310

It depends on where you work

Where I am we have special ed classes in every school separate from the other students and for the shitheads we send them to an "alternative school" and get them out of our systems. I don't know how bigger schools function though
>>
More and better athletics to keep obesity down, better computers, actual debates not SJW brainwashing, do not water down history, punish the individual not the group, make it competitive, kick out any disruptive shitheads, remove diversity policies, assist students in learning work schools, help students find summer jobs, teach students civic duty, teach fiscal responsibility, make English class less boring, and remove all PC policies.
>>
>>70579403

Keep your standards up and make it easier to asses where problems are
>>
>>70579584
That's an excellent way of dealing with special Ed. Which state you in?

My school is huge so we just lump them in with the rest. So in two of my class I have kids who can barely read a sentence with kids who peruse the Wall Street Journal for fun.

It's not exactly easy to make lessons and tests that a equally accomadate both of them.
>>
>>70579860

California, Central Valley
>>
>>70579860
I should add that the same goes for the shitheads. We have no alternative school, so we should mix in the criminals with the scholars.

Kinda hard for the smart kids to pay attention when a fucking dumbass is literally emitting howls and grunting sounds in the middle of class.
>>
Acknowledging human biodiversity and that maybe importing a bunch of illegals and somalis will bring the average down.
>>
>government
>fix
Kek
>>
>>70577721
about 7 years before any of them will touch a bachelor's degree.
>>
No more unions and tenure protecting bad teachers. Get rid of administrative bloat. Separate schools for kids with different ability and determination. No common core.
>>
>>70580225
>No more unions and tenure protecting bad teachers. Get rid of administrative bloat. Separate schools for kids with different ability and determination.
I am also in favor of this.
>>
>>70576848
by removing the govt from them
>>
>>70576848
By giving control of education back to locals. There is literally no reason to keep the DoE around.
>>
>>70579403

Because there are actual lazy teachers that teach NOTHING. They make busy work and projects but the students learn nothing, there are no tests at all. Then they pass pretty much everyone.

I had this black old fragile female teacher in middle school. We didn't learn a single thing. We didn't even crack at book open. There were no tests at all. Only one essay and speech project at the end. Totally arbitrary. I remember I was a quiet kid. I was reading my speech but no one could hear me. She shouted to speak louder. I tried but didn't. She told me to sit the hell down. Didn't even want to keep my essay paper. Passed me anyways. It was a complete joke. 100% sure she was only there because of tenure.

I've had just as worst of english and history teachers make up quiz questions on the fucking go. Then make you pass them to the person next to you to have them correct it cause the teacher was too lazy to correct quizzes and test. You know some cheated by having their friend erase the wrong answers and write down the correct one as he was answering them. Compete fucking joke.

I also agree, we need to stop forcing truancy and keeps that don't want to be there just for attendance and federal grant money for the schools. They only make it worst for the other students that want to be there and learn.
>>
>>70581045
Agreed that many teachers are fucking lazy, but you have to understand that many also are literally forced to pass everyone.

I once got called down to the principal because I failed three students. He demended to know why they were failing. I told them it was because they did not do the required work and did not meet expectations. He wasn't having it. He told me that it is my responsibility to ensure that they pass.

lo and behold, I was not able to force these stupid kids to actually give a fuck about school, so I just made up some grades and passed them.

Shit sucks bruh, but i didn't wanna get fried.
>>
File: 1458621421627.jpg (84 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1458621421627.jpg
84 KB, 1000x666
>>70581045
One of your proposals for fixing govt. school is ending tenure. Your argument for ~quarterly standardized testing is based on an anecdote in which you had a poor experience with a tenured teacher.

If your experience with a tenured teacher is the motivation for standardized testing, then why would you need standardized testing if tenure is ended?
>>
>>70581696

Because even if tenure is ended, there will still be lazy teachers that won't teach a damn thing. You need them to teach at least the basics of whatever subject they are in the class for. You can't have yearly testing because most students will forget the subject matter in that long time. Most of public education is memorize and forget anyways.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.