[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get memed by the "STEM job market": >Go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: dam.jpg (126 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
dam.jpg
126 KB, 1300x866
How to get memed by the "STEM job market":

>Go to a good uni, major in MechE, and graduate with a 3.5+
>Find no jobs anywhere and get openly laughed out the door by companies
>End up at burgerking and glumly watch your friends all succeeding in liberal arts
>"MUH STEM PRACTICAL EDUCATION"
>>
>good uni
>doesnt tell us the name
>>
>>70576255
Did you get an internship?
>>
>>70576255
Keep trying man, I was in the exact same position (plus 2 years of co-op) and it took me a year to get a real job offer.
>>
>>70576255
>3.5
Maybe you should have put effort in, Although unless you had managed to do at least one studentship or internship during your course it was a wasted four years anyway.
>>
File: oops.gif (4 MB, 278x300) Image search: [Google]
oops.gif
4 MB, 278x300
>>70576255
>no internships or coop
>complains about not being able to find work
>having a degree guarantees you a job
>>
>>70576255

At least you do not live in Mexico.

A top engineer here earns less than a burgerboy.
>>
>>70576255

mad college drop out detected
>>
All STEM jobs are either being automated or outsourced to pajeet in bangalore. Hopefully people stop falling for this awful meme.
>>
>>70576255
Join the military you little bitch
>>
File: 1452224746219.jpg (39 KB, 575x556) Image search: [Google]
1452224746219.jpg
39 KB, 575x556
>all these fags taking the bait
>>
File: 1460174873198.gif (93 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460174873198.gif
93 KB, 480x270
>>70576255
>get poli sci degree but minor in statistics
>use programming knowledge to get hired on as a developer
>realize that no one really cares that much about degrees in the private sector
>mfw
>>
>Get a trade
>Work hard for four years in field
>Go to college in between years for apprenticeship
>Get red seal in mechanical trade and work hard in that field for another four years
>Get stability in life and build own client base from mechanical trade
>Open own business
>Now have two red seal tradesmen working for me with each their own apprentice
>Have successful business

Ah fuck I feel for the manly mechanic man meme when I was growing up and didn't become a doctor. Fucking bullshit I should have known the future was liberal arts and done some fucking stupid shit like the rest of the crowd. Fucking kids these days, they better stay way from anything STEM related. Why the fuck would anyone want to do anything mechanically inclines. Just fuck man this is fucking bullshitt. I shouldn't be sitting in my office daily just fucking about while I have to pay other people doing work for me that actually makes me money. Seriously, this is fucking stupid. And taxes? Seriously fucking gay shit, don't even get me started on the write off. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! This can't be it, I just don't know anymore. Just end it, fuck it all.
>>
>mfw BSEE
>mfw probably technically "underemployed" (technician) but good pay/benefits doing work that I actually enjoy quite a bit

Took literally over a year after graduating to land a "real" job, although did graduate at kind of shitty time not long after the economic downturn. And I never dicked around with internships and wasn't an exceptional student (3.15 GPA).

Look at it this way, with that degree I guarantee you are better off than the people who graduated with women's studies and other degrees. Just keep looking bro and don't give up, you'll find something. Don't be afraid to look outside engineering there are plenty of good jobs/careers not strictly related to your major that still value those degrees and skills.
>>
>>70576255
I ended up in a similar position with computer science. Entry level positions are hard to get. I should have done some summer internships, but I mistakenly thought I could just get an internship after graduating if it was necessary. Turns out they won't even let you apply if you have a degree.

And even in the entry level positions they often list requirements of 3-5 years of experience.
>>
File: Again.png (402 KB, 556x312) Image search: [Google]
Again.png
402 KB, 556x312
This memeposting again.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.