[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with atheism, /pol/? The hate has always confused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: nWDmIYT.jpg (1004 KB, 2390x4250) Image search: [Google]
nWDmIYT.jpg
1004 KB, 2390x4250
What's wrong with atheism, /pol/? The hate has always confused me.

Hard mode : no fedora memes, they don't make for quality discussion.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: orao.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
orao.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Most modern atheists are liberal, circlejerking, nu-male SJWs who won't stop talking about religion.
>>
atheism gave rise to communism. ie. the deaths of over 100 million people.

not that that matters to atheists. we are all just a clump of molecules with no purpose or reason to exist after all.
>>
Hardcore "there is NO such thing as god" faggots are just as retarded as the "Yahweh is the one true God and rules the universe! Praise Jesus fuck Muslims" faggots.
>>
>>70572617
>atheism gave rise to communism

Holy shit, people believe this? Atheism didn't do that, fucking terrible people did that.

And death does matter, atheists or not.
>>
While it is possible to come up with a working morality without the concept of a god, most people are unable to articulate higher moral principles, and thus religion became necessary for a stable society.

Education has gotten better, but people are not truly smarter. Thus they have the education to see through the supernatural parts of religion, but are still unable to make any sort of ethical or moral code that isn't complete dogshit for society. There's a reason the christian ethic survived for so long, because it made for stable societies.
>>
File: 1401312019046.png (301 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1401312019046.png
301 KB, 800x600
>>70572758
>death does matter

why?
>>
>>70572502
Atheism never shut up about religion, and always gets offended over every little thing. Ease of access to the Internet made it even worse. They're trying to censor free speech to protect people's """" feelings""""
>>
>>70572502
Because magic is obviously real, dumbass. You're just denying it because you are afraid of being punished because the sin you do.
>>
>>70572661
What about the agnostic atheists?
>>
>>70572855
Because I was conditioned to feel that way.
>>
>>70572887
Are you being ironic?
>>
because most just bash religion based on past encounters with said religions , that's why so many atheists in Western countries hate christianity , maybe as a act of rebellion from past generations.
>>
File: atheism.jpg (95 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
atheism.jpg
95 KB, 750x600
>>70573044
If there is no God and no afterlife there is no reason to value human life at all. Even atheist philosophers concede that anything short of infinite life is meaningless. Before long most atheists realize this which is why the suicide rate for atheists is through the roof.
>>
I'm an atheist and finally got over myself. I don't actively tell people and I don't think of myself as superior to religious people. I do like that I think it gives me less bias towards most issues and prevents me from developing a slant based on what to most people is core beliefs. I try to use logic to approach most situations and am fairly right wing but some of the GOP's religious bullshit infuriates me which is why I dislike Cruz.
>>
>>70572502
/pol/ is usually hostile towards differing ideologies, that's your reason for all the hate.
>inb4 implying everyone on /pol/ is a theist
>>
>>70572875
Don't the religious get offended over everything too?

And this isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument attacking atheists.
>>
File: Crystal Azurite.jpg (1 MB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Crystal Azurite.jpg
1 MB, 1280x853
>>70572502
without race or god the prospect of future generations disintegrates.
>>
>>70572875
This.

To many atheists, it's not enough that they think they are right about there not being a god. If that were the case, they would just not care about religion, which is fine.

No, it's not enough that they are right, but they have to prove that everyone else is wrong. It's not that they don't care about religion, its that they constantly antagonize people who do care about religion.
>>
>>70573303
Not to this degree
>>70573388
>>
>>70573213
How fucking dumb are you? If we know we cease to be upon death then why would we kill ourselves?
>>
>>70573213
Does that make atheism wrong?
>>
>>70572502
Promotes disunity. Other than that I have no problem with it
>>
>atheist
>thinking about redpilling my local church about Islam
>the clergy will probably flip the fuck out when they discover an atheist preaching shit to their flock
>I will never unite Christians against Islam
>>
>>70573224
This.

The problem with atheism is that it's a relative of nihilism, and when you encounter such things most people's response is anger and lashing out, trying to tear down other's beliefs by pointing out their failings (that old fashioned desire to be "right" kicking in). Maturity has a way of curbing that, but since the social side of internet is most frequented by teenagers and 20somethings, you get a lot of fedora tipping instead.
>>
>>70573213

He said no fedora memes.
>>
>>70573515
Because nothing matters or will ever matter. The sun will explode eventually and the Earth and every living organism will be destroyed. Nothing you or your children do will ever matter. You do have atheists that think living for the sake of their own pleasure is sufficient, but then they remember that when they die there will be nothing but blackness and they end up killing themselves anyway.

>>70573556
Not on that basis alone.
>>
>>70573515
To end their lives when its going to shit and they can't handle it.
>>
>>70573213
This isn't an argument against atheism though. There can still be a point to life, you make your own point (in the atheism view that is).
>>
>>70573940
Living in the delusion of self-created meaning assists in the depression.
>>
>>70572502
Their lives revolve around their lack of belief in god more than most theists' lives revolve around religion
You'd think a lack of belief in religion would mean that atheists wouldn't particularly care about religion but it's quite the opposite, hence the fedoras circlejerking about how enlightened they are
>>
>>70573861
>there will be nothing but blackness

you need a brain to comprehend time and qualia dingus

atheists who think the way you describe are rubes with michael bay syndrome, they're so flabbergasted by the concept of infinity and the size of the universe that they become incapable of critical thought
>>
File: yid.gif (12 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
yid.gif
12 KB, 501x585
>>70572617
>atheism gave rise to communism. ie. the deaths of over 100 million people.

>atheism

hehehe good goy
>>
>>70572502
Nothing is wrong with atheism in the same way that nothing is wrong with religious folk. It's the fuckfaces who try to shove it down your throat or demand you adhere to their personal belief system that are the problem.
>>
>>70572502
It leads to cultural marxism , nihilism, and degeneracy.
>>
>>70573774
>The problem with atheism is that it's a relative of nihilism

Please, stop thinking this. Irrational Atheists would lean towards nihilism.
>>
>>70573861
I dont really care if my life has no magical purpose but only a nutjob seeks cessation of existence.
>>
File: 1376963041456.png (262 KB, 499x396) Image search: [Google]
1376963041456.png
262 KB, 499x396
>>70574146
>Brazil
opiniondiscarded.jpg

>>70574071
lack of belief=/=believes it does not exist
they simply reject God, which is why they can't shut up about it

>>70574122
I understand it's nothingness but "blackness" paints a better illustration that lends to explain why there is so much depression and suicidal thoughts.

>>70574292
As long as you can keep your life afloat accepting that you have no reason to live and nothing happens when you die more power to you.
>>
>>70574071
So it's not atheism particularly, but rather some of the bad atheists that create a bad name for it?
>>
>>70574251
I didn't say they were equivalent, I just said they were related. Especially how people tend to react to the idea that they've been lied to by society for their whole life.
>>
File: 1455270539465.png (497 KB, 600x805) Image search: [Google]
1455270539465.png
497 KB, 600x805
>>70572502
atheists are a failures in terms of reproduction rates

they will be out-bred by muslims that actually breed and dont support their causes

atheists will be on the chopping blocks because they have a habit of being cowards that wont fight against the POC hordes that will come to kill them

"we deserved this" they will cry as the blade begins to be drawn across their throat
>>
>>70572502
They are insistent that there is no God and yet provide no proof. The only logical thing is to put stock in neither since neither will provide proof. I'd take an atheist to a spiritual pro-Muslim SJW any day.
>>
>>70574237
No, it really doesn't.
>>
>>70572502
picking a point in a useless debate defaults you to stupid, so instead of opening the box and see whether the cat is dead, you should just go and get a bj
>>
>>70574071
Religion informs opinion which affects social policy.

But yes there's also the "I'm right and you're wrong" brigade.
>>
>>70574738
The gnostic atheists say there is no god. I agree with you there, they can't prove that, and can't know it. The agnostic atheists however claim not to know, so that isn't a problem.
>>
>>70572502
universal morality can't exist without religion

is that evidence for or against god? no. but it is a problem that atheism raises.
>>
>>70575045
How is that a problem?
>>
File: 1436136708784.jpg (17 KB, 196x350) Image search: [Google]
1436136708784.jpg
17 KB, 196x350
>>70572502
You live in a Christian society, you're the outcome of Christian culture and morals you still abide to.
Your claims of being an epic "atheist" are completely irrelevant.
At best that means you simply don't go to the curch on sundays.

Atheism is nothing but a surefire way to tell the edgy autismos from normal people.
I hate edgy autismos and I hate people so stupid they can't see they're advocating against themselves.
>>
>>70575045
We dont need a universal morality just simply follow the idea of dont be a dick to other people and you should be fine.
>>
>>70575185
Or I just know an old myth when I see one. I don't have christian morals I got drunk and did shrooms last night and on Friday night I came on a chick's titties.
>>
>>70574225
truth
>>
>>70573213
>If there is no God and no afterlife there is no reason to value human life at all.

The fuck kind of meme is this?
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 1400x933
>>70573213
Is this what Christians really think? Do you only treat people well because of you want to get into heaven/avoid hell. Morality existed before Christianity and will afterwards. Your religion is one thousands upon thousands, many of which existed beforehand. The only reason you believe in yours is because it's socially convenient aka you were raised in 20th century America. If you were born in a different place and time you'd believe in their shit, too. Is there a creator of the universe? Maybe. Is it yours? Probably not. In case you're about to argue that the universe couldn't have emerged from nothing, where did your creator emerge from? There's still a causality problem. You're so full of shit it's amazing.
>>
>>70572502
Atheist are way too vocal.They mock religion and history.Example: "HAHAHA, you worship a dead kike!"
>>
>>70572502
The problem is that it is nothing new. Atheists are obnoxious children because they think they've figured something out that has never been thought of before.

and their lack of understanding about religion is pathetic. It is one thing to not believe, it is another thing to be such a mental midget that you can't even fathom the concept: "OMG MAN IN SKY HOW"

it is not intellectual, it is not enlightened. it is a teenager-tier grasp of thought and life
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 400x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 400x602
>>70574943
Most people who identify as atheists say that there is no God. The rest typicaly identify as agnostics and nothing else.
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x900
>>70575185
Niggers of the East.
>>
>>
ALDIES
>>
>>70575672
>they think they've figured something out that has never been thought of before
No, they just agree with it. I could apply that same thought to the religious.

>teenager-tier grasp of thought and life
No, it's a logical one.
>>
>>70575672
>strawmanning this hard
>>
>>70575941
There is no proof for either.
>>
File: 1437135843679.jpg (26 KB, 332x480) Image search: [Google]
1437135843679.jpg
26 KB, 332x480
>>70575325
And do you think that means Christianity has nothing to do with you? What a cuck.
Your very consideration of standards, of what's normal and what not is a result of centuries of Christianity.
The laws you abide to are inherently Christian.
Maybe one day you'll somehow fuck up with drugs and bitches and the reason you'll get scolded and fined instead of beheaded is religion.
The reason your family still loves you is religion.

You live in christian morals whether you like it or not.

Furthermore, atheism is intrinsecally negative.
It is the negation of something.
Christianity brings people together, like all religions it unites people, nations even.
Why would anyone in their right mind want to eliminate a reason of unity amongst people is beyond me.
>>
>>70576055
Because it's based off of a myth, I don't see how you're not getting this.

The story isn't true, bottom line.
>>
atheists are annoying as fuck
>>
>>70576384
This, honestly. They're no worse than vegans.
>>
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 1200x803
>>70576055
There is no proof. It is teaching people lies. The inability of Christians to separate morality from religion is what is resulting in the huge wave of immorality we see today. They are throwing the baby out with the bathwater because Christians didn't separate the two. Morality existed before Christianity and will exist afterwards. It is simply what feels good and bad for humans. You shouldn't walk around punching people because it's a dick thing to do, not because you're afraid of going to Hell.
>>
>>70573388
That's because they honestly believe that religious people can be deconverted.
They may do this for any number of reasons, but the best possible reason for this behavior is that they think action follows from thought, and that action based on a faulty view of the world can be dangerous.
One guy I talked to likened it to being trapped in the backseat of a car, driving down the highway at night, with the headlights off. Arguing against religion, for militant atheists, is trying to convince everybody else in the car that the headlights need to be turned on.
>>
>>70576384
Some are, some aren't. This isn't a reason to hate atheism itself, though.
>>
>>70576384
Maybe if you're in high school. Almost everyone I know is non-religious but it's not a topic that comes up. It's just a given.
>>
>>70576055
You're not wrong about the history, but no logical person can believe in an invisible cosmic force that loves them. It's nonsense.
>>
File: 1443269298478.jpg (70 KB, 530x663) Image search: [Google]
1443269298478.jpg
70 KB, 530x663
>>70576183
Your edgy chinese cartoons with their epic, dark, twisted main characters are made up, yet they make you feel your blood boiling and your hands itching to wield a katana nonetheless.
Your point? Because you are basically denying the function of the abstract.
>>
I want to know why the alt-right picks Christianity

Its not a European religion
The deities are Jewish
It came long after Western civilization started
The scriptures are filled with inaccuracies and contradictions
The bible is heavily edited by special interest groups
The are too many denominations to count
Hypocrisy is rampant due to the insane demands for morality
Christians abandoned the holy land and refused to go back
The alt-right doesn't understand apologetics
>>
>>70572502
You know how people call anyone remotely conservative on the internet Trolls?

Well it's the same with people who believe in fairy tales calling anyone who makes rational sense a fedora tipping neckbeard.
>>
>>70576712
I don't pick it. I pick the truth, and the truth is that no one can prove whether God does or doesn't exist. Religion is a man made thing designed to teach people morality. There have been thousands of religions and there will be thousands more.
>>
>>70576489

See that is the problem

I always ask Christians "Why the deity?"

Why can't these people have morality without their god? What does a god have to do with morality? Can't you be a good person without one?
>>
>>70576657
I actually hate anime and Japanese culture is fucking weird. The story isn't true, it's irrelevant, it doesn't fucking matter anymore. Your argument is literally "Western civ has been christian for a long time so you should still be christian".

Top shelf cuckoldry
>>
>>70572502
Atheists don't believe in religion
So they made a religion
>>
File: 1437662751880.jpg (27 KB, 361x526) Image search: [Google]
1437662751880.jpg
27 KB, 361x526
>>70576489
I find it extremely ironic how your post preaches about the unnecessity of boundaries, discipline, guidelines, structures and yet your pic shows one of the most shiny example of how effective they are. toppi kekki.

>There is no proof
Then don't believe in the man in the sky. Why do you need to bother people who believe in said man?

>>70576951
The argument has completely flown over your head, quite unsurprisingly.
4chan is >18 though, you should leave.
>>
>>70577239
How is atheism a religion?
>>
>>70573213
>which is why the suicide rate for atheists is through the roof.

[Citation Needed]
>>
>>70577331
As I've already said, almost every person I know is non-religious. It's normal. The story isn't true, there's no reason to base your life around it. You're a dipshit christcuck.
>>
>>70573378
>without race or god the prospect of future generations disintegrates

meaningless nonsene

the species propagates regardless
>>
>>70577331
What you just said about my post is false. Because they teach it as if it were fact to children?
>>
>>70575603
>creator of matter
>coming from something

>nazi propaganda
>image.jpg

The only thing missing is the Canadian flag
>>
>>70578457
Show me all the evidence for your god.
>>
>>70577961
>tfw I'm discussing with someone who can't even into English, possibly a teen
What I said is completely true, and you actually cucked yourself.
Man needs guidance, structures, constraints even.

Children are taught evolution and Big Bang at school, nevertheless I get what you mean:
the reason they're taught about religion and god like that by their parents is because children are not capable of understanding the proper meaning and function of religion, even you yourself are still not capable.
When they grow up, they'll understand on their own terms.
>>
>>70572833
You've articulated my position better than I would have. Religion for me is obviously ridiculous and being around religious people makes me almost suicidal.

Atheism isn't good for the average goy though, they need that parental punishing authority to keep them in line or their life rapidly spirals out of control.

At this point I'm atheist but support religion for the masses.
>>
>>70576748

It's just bitter salty autistic redneck teenagers using projection, anger and memes because they don't have an actual argument. They think we should go back to dem durr good ol' days and the Babble and they have no idea what they are even talking about.

The real truth is obscured from human observation, Internet discussion about religion/atheism is just people flinging turd at each other.
>>
>>70578799
God you fucking cringe factory, people don't need religion to be functioning members of society.
>>
File: image.jpg (455 KB, 1500x1002) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455 KB, 1500x1002
>>70578457
That doesn't solve the causality problem. Yeah, good thing we beat out those evil Nazis so whites could become a minority in their own countries. You are top cuck.
>>
File: chegmade.png (25 KB, 645x484) Image search: [Google]
chegmade.png
25 KB, 645x484
Because atheists tend to be liberal faggots who get buttblasted over small things
pic related
>>
>>70578790
Please explain to me how I can't into English. Please point out where I said man shouldn't have any constraints or boundaries. I don't know where you're getting that from. That's something you made up. Also, the Big Bang is not incompatible with a creator. At all.
>>
>>70572502
The problem is the smugness that comes with it.
>>
>>70579235
>Also, the Big Bang is not incompatible with a creator. At all.

Holy shit, I know OP said no fedoras, but holy shit you're really fucking pushing it.
>>
>>70579417
How so?
>>
File: 1457053350905.jpg (102 KB, 593x609) Image search: [Google]
1457053350905.jpg
102 KB, 593x609
>>70579391
Are you all in high school? Adults aren't smug about relgion, the last time I even saw a atheist/christian argument was when I was a sophomore in high school.

It's just a given that god isn't real, it isn't really discussed.
>>
>>70579144
No the hat meme is funny but it doesn't count as an argument
>>
>>70579417
It could be compatible. What if a creator started it?
>>
>>70572502
>What's wrong with atheism
Nothing in theory.
It's the practitioners who suck.
>>
>>70579463

Something can't come from nothing.

And the originator of the Big Bang theory was a Catholic priest (and most scientists at the time rejected his idea).
>>
File: idkgod.jpg (39 KB, 461x403) Image search: [Google]
idkgod.jpg
39 KB, 461x403
>>70572502
The problem is so many people on /pol/ have bnought into the meme that 'Western' culture and civilization is built on """"""Judeo-Christian Values""""""

which is not really accurate because:
1) Democracy as a political system predates Christianity
2) The concept of the rule of law as opposed to having a king or leader who is above the law started with the Magna Carta
3) Usury is prohibited in Christianity yet it is the foundation of our entire modern financial system
4) All the technological advances we have now are the results of centuries of scientific inquiry, even when it contradicts scripture.
5) The idea of freedom of speech is a fundamental principle in Western society and is incompatible with religion
>>
>>70572502
Because atheism is never "nah I don't believe, okay bye", it's the circle jerking over who is right and wrong and pretentious appeals to 'logic' which are nothing more than un-empirical garbage attempts to outdo almost 2000 years of theological debate between christians and nonbelievers, but within the faith itself.

Also the fact that atheism is nothing but a fight between retards and the goys who fell for The Fundamentals, one of the worst merchant tricks in the book. Literally! A sold book!

>>70579235
>Also, the Big Bang is not incompatible with a creator. At all.
>Not compatible
>RCC and Eastern Orthodox accept it
>Most all original protestant churches
>>
>>70579558

You must not get out all. Atheists are smug douchebags. They have fucking "Reason Rallies" and build churches, and try to go "In God We Trust" taken off money, and worship autistic psychos like Dawkins, Hitchen, and other leaders accused of rape and sexual harassment.
>>
File: aquinas.jpg (600 KB, 700x6826) Image search: [Google]
aquinas.jpg
600 KB, 700x6826
>>70578977
causality only matters on a timeline. Even Plato and Aristotle acknowledge the requirement for a first cause outside of time, space, and matter.

>>70578713
Cosmology
Ontology
Teleology
Morality
Necessity
Causality
Anthropic Principle
The Big Bang Theory
2nd Law of Thermodynamics
Design
Jesus, of Nazareth
Fulfillment of Prophecies
etc.
>>
>>70579936
I get out all the time, they are a small minority. Maybe outside the northeast really is that backwards.
>>
>>70572502
There's nothing inherently wrong with atheism.
When /pol/ talks about atheism, they generally mean "atheism+," you know, the new dipshit atheist generation, e.g. The Amazing Atheist and his ilk.
>>70572600
>nu-male
I wish you people would stop relying on buzzwords to make your points for you. It's lazy at best and intellectually dishonest at worst. Don't complain about circlejerking as you do it.
>>
>>70579973
Literally none of that is evidence of a conscious universe being that makes decisions.
>>
File: 14364109690212.jpg (2 MB, 1400x6804) Image search: [Google]
14364109690212.jpg
2 MB, 1400x6804
>>70579973
>>
>>70580169
nice flag
>>
>>70577445
Because it is
It is a collective of assholes who have to give themselves to a belief for gratification and self worth
Religion
Plus like all religious folk arguing with them is pointless because they are set on their path and have walled themselves off from all possibility
I'd rather try and play chess with a pigeon than converse with a narrow minded fool
>>
>>70580262
Thanks. It's red and white, the colors of embarrassment and surrender.
>>
File: 1392419713363.jpg (53 KB, 663x517) Image search: [Google]
1392419713363.jpg
53 KB, 663x517
>>70580150
>Cosmology
>Ontology
>Teleology
>Morality
>Causality
>Anthropic Principle
>Design
>Jesus, of Nazareth
>Fulfillment of Prophecies
are
>>
>>70580317
>says the dude who believes in adult santa
>>
>>70580061
>I get out all the time, they are a small minority.

So you went from "herr derr that doesn't happen" to "they are a small minority."

They're a bigger minority than you think, and louder than you think. (and that's not even counting message boards, chans, bleddit, and twitter shit where they REALLY let their venom out).

(I'm in NYC and they're insufferable). Most of them fall into 3 categories:

>waaah, my stupid parents forced me to go to church!
>waaah, I prayed to God for something and I didn't get it, and I'm still mad!
>waaah, look at smart and enlightened I am!
>>
>>70579973

Don't prophecies have to be exact to be true, the bible uses vague statements at best that can fit any time period
>>
>>70580430
And this, OP, is why people use the fedora meme.
This childish smugness that could only come from know-it-all know-nothings.
>>
>>70572502
The masses are profoundly stupid and need to be controlled by religion to keep them from destroying civilization. This allows the smart people who actually accomplish things to work.
>>
>>70580423
Explain why any one of those is evidence of your god. There is nothing pointing to a supernatural character

>>70580453
Whether you like it or not, the idea of forcing children to church is fucked up once you're not a christian and can look back on it. You can't see that from the inside, or maybe you haven't been away from it long enough.

>>70580563
>calls what I am an asshole for my beliefs
>doesn't expect those people to insult him

Why are you such a whiny pussy?
>>
>>70572502
Man I get such a kick out of smug religious people. I used to be one so I understand the mindset but it's one of the purest forms of delusion. Cute af.
>>
>>70572617

That would be Jews, newfriend.
>>
>>70580709

Most of the greatest minds in history believed in some form of Deity, you dipshit.
>>
>>70580801
Why don't you look at IDs before you go off whining and bitching about "me" calling you an asshole when I said no such thing? It's even more hilarious given the hypocrisy of you calling me a whiny pussy when you're acting just like one.

Keep on tipping.
>>
>>70580709
That explains the jews.

>>70580801
Explain why Jesus of Nazareth is evidence for my God? Why are Canadians using American proxies?
>>
>>70580864

Argument from authority
>>
>>70580864
What the brightest people believe is of no particular concern to me. My point is that society needs to have a religion to keep the idiot masses in line. Smart people will do just fine and make important contributions with or without religion.
>>
>>70580801
>Whether you like it or not, the idea of forcing children to church is fucked up once you're not a christian and can look back on it. You can't see that from the inside, or maybe you haven't been away from it long enough.

So you're the "waah, my mom and dad forced me to go to church!" atheists, huh? Holy shit, bro, you're fucking pathetic.

When I was a kid my mom took me to McDonald's. I don't like McDonald's now, but I'm not eternally angry at my mom and fast food burgers.

Go to r/atheism where you can get all the upvotes you need to make your life happy.
>>
>>70580924
Where's the historical evidence that he was magic? I obviously know the person was real, but he wasn't magic, which is the entire basis of your story.
>>
>>70580709
>The masses are profoundly stupid and need to be controlled by religion to keep them from destroying civilization.
What? What are you even saying?
Are you saying that the threat of eternal damnation in many religions is concocted just to stop people from destroying all of civilization?
That's ridiculous.
>>
>>70580960
How is that an argument from authority?
Fallacy =/= untrue. Welcome to the fallacy fallacy you're committing.
>>
What's with all the atheist shills today?
>>
>>70580924

Christianity is literally a Jewish invention and I still have no idea for the life of me why people follow it. Wouldn't it be better to follow your native gods?
>>
>>70581010
>My point is that society needs to have a religion to keep the idiot masses in line.

Hate to break it to you, but if you're posting on 4chan, you're part of the idiot masses.

And lots of European countries have turned their backs on religion and they're doing just fine (aside from the whole migrant shit).
>>
>>70581050
I'm not mad at my parents, I'm just saying it is a fucked up concept.

Telling little children that they're going to be tortured forever if they don't follow arbitrary rules is fucked up.
>>
>>70581177
They're the same faggots making every other stupid serial thread that /pol/ has consistently, and has had for the last several years.

>>70581210
>Hate to break it to you, but if you're posting on 4chan, you're part of the idiot masses.
Bingo. God damn.
>>
>>70572833
Morals aren't overly complex, don't be a dick sums it up pretty handily. Prosocial actions are moral and antisocial actions are amoral.
>>
>>70581224

Christian adults can't even follow those rules even if they tried. There are too many of them and they pretty much micromanage a persons lives.
>>
>>70581095
Yes. I aso think that is a good thing.

>>70581210
>And lots of European countries have turned their backs on religion and they're doing just fine (aside from the whole migrant shit)

They're going to collapse due to the migrants, though. White Europeans have driven practically all human advancement, if they die out, humanity is screwed.

They've also replaced Christianity with liberalism, which spreads the lie of equality.
>>
>>70581224

"waaah, going to church for 1 hour every Sunday completely ruined my childhood and my life!"

Holy shit, bro. Get yourself to a psychiatrist, FAST. You're a school shooting waiting to happen.
>>
>>70580430
I am not a religious person
You do know non religious was an option
It sounds much better when your on a date than telling her I believe in nothing and that she doesn't exist while moonwalking and tipping your fedora while crows fly out of your official matrix collectors edition trinity jacket that you spent your entire inheritance on while your worthless fucking parents do barrelrolls in their graves faggot
>>
>>70580423
Explain to me why those fields are evidence for god.
>>
File: IMG_20160401_120840.jpg (351 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160401_120840.jpg
351 KB, 1080x1080
>>70572502
There may be an intelligence behind everything. We don't have enough information to say otherwise.

However, all religion finds its origin in mankind. It's stories. Fiction.
>>
>>70581200
The jews killed Jesus and he called them a synagogue of Satan, that's a Jewish invention?

I was gonna ask if you were retarded but your pushing the whole "FOLLOW TEH NORSE GODS" narrative which already answers the question.
>>
>>70581224
>Telling little children that they're going to be tortured forever if they don't follow arbitrary rules is fucked up.

Gonna agree with this. This is one of the biggest issues I have with organized religion, although I don't mind religion in general. That this sort of behavior is acceptable and you have a group of people thinking it is, is pretty fucked up. That being said, there's a way besides offering a way out of pain as some sort of fucked up incentive to make kids and people in general behave. Obviously this shit's not working anyway; people have long stopped giving a fuck.

>>70581382
>Yes. I aso think that is a good thing.
That's definitely fucked up. We could do without that horseshit. Do you know what sort of existential crisis that might put kids in?

>>70581426
Way to completely miss his point and append your own to it. You beat your own argument. Congratulations. Christianity+ is just as bad as Atheism+ at this point.
>>
>The religion claims that most people are gonna be eternally tortured
>Also it claims that god flooded the earth, spoke the world into existence, and will kill 1/3 of the population in the end times
>Atheists have no right to speak against it
Come on you evil atheists how dare you speak against religion you should shut up go back to the corner.
>>
File: monarchy.jpg (304 KB, 1134x768) Image search: [Google]
monarchy.jpg
304 KB, 1134x768
>>70572502

Because the concept of a universe coming from nowhere already demands that there be something stronger than the universe, timeless, and has the ability to create, destroy, and alter the universe. So a Christian and an Atheist believe in a God/god in this sense; the real question is whether that God/god is conscientious, and actively works for its own good, or if it is a random blot of energy outside the universe that just acts randomly.

After this we can argue through philosophical arguments, the lack of any contradictions within the bible, and the extremely accurate fulfillment of Biblical Prophecy that there is a God in the universe, and it acts on the world.
>>
>>70581382
>They're going to collapse due to the migrants, though. White Europeans have driven practically all human advancement, if they die out, humanity is screwed.

This is some real /pol/ shit right here. "her derrr white race did everything!".

According to your nonsense religion keeps the idiot masses in line. But Europe flushed their Christianity down the toilet and the idiot masses over there are still in line. See how stupid you sound?
>>
>>70581377
Telling them to do anything by instilling fear of eternal torture is ridiculous.

>>70581426
I didn't say it ruined my childhood and I don't care about the wasted hour every week you clown. I just said it's fucked up to convince children they're going to be tortured for all eternity if they don't follow arbitrary rules. Try without strawmanning next time.
>>
>>70581426

Indoctrination comes in many forms, also don't forget your 10% tax you got to pay
>>
>>70581147
Holy shit that was retarded. Just because smart popular figures believed in a deity, doesn't make it any more proven or valid. This was not a fallacy falacy situation.
>>
>>70573213
Don't even care if this is bait, are you legitimately fucking retarded?

I value life arguably more because I don't believe in an afterlife. After I'm dead, that's it. There's nothing left for me to experience, so I want to live my life to fullest. I want to see the world, I want to find someone to love. I want to stay away from drugs so I don't get cancer and die in agony.
>>
>>70581590
>>The religion claims that most people are gonna be eternally tortured
>The religion
Congratulations, you're an idiot. Do you know how many religions speak of a Hell of their own?
Jesus Christ, what's the average age on /pol/ now?
>>
>>70581511

Jesus was jewish
The Jews are God's chosen people, not christians, if anything you are a heretic
>>
>>70581687
>Just because smart popular figures believed in a deity, doesn't make it any more proven or valid.
Except that's not what I said, now is it? Focus on what I said, and not what someone else said before me, son.
>>
>>70581516
We can't do without it. People also have existential crises without a God, because they struggle with the lack of a transcendent meaning. Without the threat of punishment, the people will destroy themselves. Children who have existential crises over the fear of damnation are probably too dumb to care about anyway.

>>70581659
They're not preserving themselves. Also, the white race did actually accomplish almost everything, in particular, northeast Europeans.
>>
>>70572502

I don't have many problems with atheism metaphysically, but sociologically it's unsustainable. I don't know one predominately atheist society that has successfully reproduced itself for generations and shielded itself from outsider invaders (be they immigrants or conquerors). Well, without an authoritarian government that is.

I guess you can say I'm religious but not spiritual.
>>
>>70581740
Im guessing most of them but i am just referring to christianity here.
>>
>>70581516
>Way to completely miss his point and append your own to it. You beat your own argument. Congratulations. Christianity+ is just as bad as Atheism+ at this point.

What point did I miss? That his parents made a parenting mistake that he didn't agree with an adult? Welcome to fucking Earth. My dad forced me to watch tennis as a kid. I'd better head over to /sp/ and make threads about how I hate tennis.

And his issue isn't so much about religion as it is about parenting decisions.

Take this shit to r/atheism or even worse /his/.
>>
>>70572502
As an athiest I feel offended when /pol/ thinks I am some sort of degenerate. I don't need the fear of god to make the right decisions
>>
File: 1457641134432.jpg (81 KB, 650x429) Image search: [Google]
1457641134432.jpg
81 KB, 650x429
>>70572502
Atheism is just another way for pseudo-intellectuals to feel superior to everyone else.
>>
>>70572502
Someone who doesn't/can't believe in something greater than themselves is a worthless human being.
>>
File: thisonesforyou.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thisonesforyou.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>70581061
Historical evidence could be all the people that willingly got tortured and killed saying that they saw him raised from the dead.
>muh mudslimes fly planes into buildings
out of the hope that they'll have their 99 virgins, not because they knew Muhammad.

Also the Romans put Jesus in the tomb and had guards outside of it. When people started saying Jesus came back from the dead literally the only thing they would have to do was go in the tomb and get his body, yet they didn't.
>muh followers stole the body
Yes, they got past the guards, stole the body, and told everyone he had come back to life because...? They were under the impression that the Messiah would be a great military leader, not get whipped and crucified. And that doesn't account for all the people saying they saw him alive, unless your also making the excuse that Jesus had a twin brother walking around pretending to be him to fool people. Furthermore, whenever skeptics make excuses like the disciples took the body, THEY ARE MAKING AN EXCUSE TO ACCOUNT FOR THE BODY NOT BEING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
>>70581856
You really must be mentally retarded. I've told you three times that I'm not mad at my parents and explained to you what I'm actually talking about. Get this through your head or go fuck yourself.
>>
>>70581147
No valid conclusions can be derived from a fallacy, you know that anon. Shame on you.
>>
>>70573213
Because there is no afterlife human life is very important. You only get this once chance.
>>
>>70581795
>We can't do without it.
"If you do bad things, the police are going to beat your ass."
I just solved it, right there.
>>70581853
Yes, which is why you sound retarded when one of your points is "THE religion that..."
>>70581856
Because you're appending a part of a narrative that wasn't a part of what he said, you faggot.

Sorry that you can't just downvote me like you're wanting to at this moment, but adding shit onto what people say and criticizing it as if they said it makes you sound fucking stupid. Which you are.
>>
>>70581667
>I didn't say it ruined my childhood and I don't care about the wasted hour every week you clown. I just said it's fucked up to convince children they're going to be tortured for all eternity if they don't follow arbitrary rules. Try without strawmanning next time.

And what "rules" did they burden you with? Not to kill, or steal or take drugs. That message is pretty much in every tv show/movie/book.

Tell me exactly what was said in the 1 hour of church that got you so riled up.
>>
>>70581981
And you feel this is sufficient evidence to prove that magic is real and the universe cucked a rape baby wizard into existence?
>>
>>70581200
>>70581511
I used to think that the Jews made christ, but then i realised, god is troll captain supreme, He made jesus (himself) jewish because he knew the jews would just discredit him if he was a gentile, they would just ignore him as another goy

But since hes a jew, he is "chosen", and he stands for everything that jews go against

god bringin the bantz
>>
>>70582040
It's easier to curb degeneracy with religion than it is to do so with a police state, not that I'm against a police state. At least, I'm not against a police state applied to the lower classes.
>>
>>70582028
Again, not what I'm talking about.
>>70582097
>cucked
Can you faggots please fuck off somewhere else with this faggotry?
>>
>>70581702
Drugs don't give you cancer vegetables do
Sounds stupid I know but it's true

I don't know the ins and outs of it but vegetables used to produce a kind of antitoxin to cancer but we have killed that with our gmo seeds and pesticides so we don't eat it any more and that's why cancer rates have really gone up
>>
>>70582040
>Because you're appending a part of a narrative that wasn't a part of what he said, you faggot.

And what part was that?
>>
>>70582166
Obviously not because there's degeneracy everywhere right now.
>>
>>70582097
nice rebuttle. History is on the side of the theist.
>>
File: vkmb5hz.jpg (128 KB, 870x575) Image search: [Google]
vkmb5hz.jpg
128 KB, 870x575
>>70572502
Atheists cling to the belief that they can disprove an unfalsifiable hypothesis just by pointing towards inconsistencies in religious text and rhetoric.
Im agnostic btw, and Marcus here sums up my current stance on this.
>>
>>70582304
Because of the death of religion as a force in society.
>>
>>70582166

Is it?

If that were true we wouldn't be having this conversation, we would all be happy christians.
>>
>>70582261
>"waaah, going to church for 1 hour every Sunday completely ruined my childhood and my life!"
He never said this. You said this.
Pretend you didn't though, or keep paraphrasing all he's saying with these infantile quotes that, once again, don't cover anything that was actually said.
>>70582377
Then once again, it's not doing its originally intended job.
>>
>>70582166
>It's easier to curb degeneracy with religion than it is to do so with a police state, not that I'm against a police state. At least, I'm not against a police state applied to the lower classes.

Dude, you're a fucking maniac. If you're posting on 4chan you're part of the lower classes. Anyone with money would be out banging some chick right now.
>>
>>70581965
>Penn Jillette meme in an anti-atheist post...
>>
>>70582059
>1 hour of church

Try 2 weeks for several summers and weekly sunday schools after mass tacked on to that of indoctrination into a death cult. Yes it is a death cult, the entire religion is based off of achieving the reward of an eternal life of ecstasy to avoid the alternative of being tortured on fire forever after death at the "judgment". It's a death cult, making children follow its rules via years of indoctrination is fucked up.
>>
>>70582377
No I'm pretty sure it's the Jews m8
>>
>>70572502
>ALDIES

top kek
>>
>>70582434
>Dude, you're a fucking maniac. If you're posting on 4chan you're part of the lower classes.

Holy projection
>>
>>70582361
Marcus Aurelius never said this. Have you ever even read the Meditations, dude?
>>
>>70582422
>He never said this. You said this.

Wow, you're retard who takes things way too literally. I merely used my brilliant deductive powers to assume that he went to church on Sunday. I also assumed that church was 1 hour long. I also assumed that he hated his parents for bringing him their (as most atheists tend to do). I'm 99.9999% right.
>>
>>70582434
>He isn't a traitor to the lower and middle classes
>Not realizing that society should be ruled by an intellectual elite that ought to be left alone to make advancements for the betterment of humanity

The lower and middle classes are holding humanity back.
>>
>>70582546
>High class people post on 4chan
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. People are going to put up a facade in light of being anonymous. The scrambling and scurrying for social capital over 4chan is real.
>>
>>70582624
I love my parents fuckstain.
>>
File: 1429018316060.png (612 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
1429018316060.png
612 KB, 768x1280
>>70582033
>>70581702
>I value my purposeless existence more than if I had a purpose assigned by a divine creator

That's some hardcore delusion right there. I get that you want to live your life as you want and not be told what to do but don't pretend like under an atheistic worldview human life ultimately has ANY value whatsoever. The sun will explode, the end.

>>70581482
stop being lazy and how about google around for a while.
>>
>>70572502
nihilism is cancerous to any society and its peoples
>>
>>70572502
I'm fine with atheism, I just hate the cucks that tell everyone about it.
>>
>>70582624
>I merely used my brilliant deductive powers to assume that he went to church on Sunday. I also assumed that church was 1 hour long. I also assumed that he hated his parents for bringing him their (as most atheists tend to do). I'm 99.9999% right.

That's still not what he's talking about you annoying post-2014 inhabitant faggot.
>>
>>70572502
there are many drawbacks to atheism but there is nothing logically wrong with it. the idea of an omnipotent and willful god is paradoxical. if you believe in any such version of a supreme being you are simply wrong.
>>
>>70582663
I don't know what beliefs you have but that there is a true statement
>>
>>70582456

You ignored my question. You keep talking about "rules". What RULES did they try to teach you that you are/were so against.

And you can't blame Christianity because your parents sent you to some fucking religious commune.
>>
>>70572955
>agnostic atheist
The dictionary tells me these are mutually exclusive

You can be agnostic or atheist pick one
>>
>>70582456

Typical churches run longer than 1 hour,

1 hour for separate services (men, women, sunday school) and 1 hour for main services minimum. I have been to churches where I was in for 4 hours. I also remember going to southern baptists church camps in the summer, shit sucked
>>
>>70582799
>I don't know what beliefs you have
Authoritarian, white supremacist social darwinist.
>>
File: atheistman.jpg (51 KB, 509x552) Image search: [Google]
atheistman.jpg
51 KB, 509x552
>perpetuate nihilism
>encourage hedonism
>trap people into a black-and-white view of reality
>"dude nothing matters god isn't real may as well sit in my ass and do nothing"
>"free will is an illusion which is why you should just lay back and not take action"

There's a reason the majority of people hate your ilk.
>>
>>70572502
I think pol would agree that being rationnal, scientific, relying on facts and logic is the right way to live out your life and interract with this world but:
Being christian is part of alot of western families even today. Even though it's clear beyond doubt that jesus was just a memer. Even if most of the bible is way outdated today. It's just part of their identity. Most people don't doubt themselves or their faith probably because they don't care to do so.
Meanwhile the meme-machine of islam is memeing so hard the memes are getting real.
I just hoped as the years went by less and less people would be religious, I think humanity isn't going to make it.
>>
>>70582864
I bet it sounds like a fog horn when you fart
>>
>>70582743

Then what is he talking about, please enlighten me. (your answer: he hates religionz becuz it's bad)
>>
>>70581483
What a perfect example of a classic uninformed atheist probobly sjw faggot
>>
>>70582847
agnostic: someone who neither believes or disbelieves
atheist: someone who either disbelieves or lacks belief in god

that is straight from google's dictionary and they are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>70582689
>stop being lazy and how about google around for a while.
I've done that before. Nothing solid at all. Maybe you can give me something different?
>>
>>70582842
Every catholic at my church had to do what I told you. Having to be a christian or you'll be tortured forever is the main rule of Christianity. I've been talking about it and you're too fucking retarded to understand.
>>
File: 1456811323508.gif (793 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1456811323508.gif
793 KB, 360x203
>>70572502
>>
>>70583045
>(your answer: he hates religionz becuz it's bad)
Not even what I was going to say.
If you're just going to strawman every fucking statement, fuck off elsewhere.
>>
>>70582929

Atheism does none of those things and you know it
>>
>>70583078

Ok, so they made you go to a lot of services and summer camp shit, but you keep talking about "ARBITRARY" rules that if you don't follow will condemn you to hell.

What are these RULES that you're talking about? Why do you keep avoiding this question?
>>
>>70582847
>>
>>70583135
>Not even what I was going to say.

Then what were you going to say? Please enlighten me.
>>
>>70583229
t. Someone who wasn't surrounded by these fuckers

The fedora stereotype exists for a damn good reason.
>>
why do we non religious have to be put into a group "atheism" the reason im not religious is because i dont want to be part of any cult
>>
>>70583282
Oh no please, you're so good at playing my role to inhibit discussion by deliberately strawmanning everything that's said, so you're not wanting a genuine discussion.
>>
>>70583280

>agnostic atheist
>agnostic theist

Fucking kill me now. People have way too much time on their hands.
>>
>>70583249
>adhering to a Roman death cult isn't an arbitrary rule

Oh so you really are retarded, that's okay little guy. Maybe your helper can do write posts for you now because you really aren't capable of doing this :^)
>>
>>70583410
>Oh no please, you're so good at playing my role to inhibit discussion by deliberately strawmanning everything that's said, so you're not wanting a genuine discussion.

You: You misrepresenting what he said.
Me: Ok, what did he say.
You: I won't get involved in your strawmanning, you don't want a "genuine discussion".

Nice one, jr.
>>
>>70583516
>You: I won't get involved in your strawmanning, you don't want a "genuine discussion".
AFTER you misrepresented what I was going to say.

Nice misrepresentation, again.
>>
>>70583425
It's the hip new-age Tumblresque trend, buddy! Yesterday I saw a guy calling himself a "Zoroasthrian Catholic."
>>
>>70583425
What's wrong with these definitions? And it would only take 10 minutes tops to come up with them.
>>
>>70583440

You're using VERY broad statements. You made specific mention of RULES that you were indoctrinated that you had to follow. You are against these rules.

What are said rules? You can't just say "herr derr Roman death cult is the rule they made me follow!"

This is getting really sad, man.
>>
>>70583605
>>70583425
>type of belief exists
>give it a label that describes that belief

I really don't see your guys' problem.
>>
>>70583589
>AFTER you misrepresented what I was going to say.

No I didn't. I'm asking you again, what did he say. Shit or get off the pot, jr.
>>
File: 1378669985291.png (184 KB, 272x708) Image search: [Google]
1378669985291.png
184 KB, 272x708
Why do only philosophical and atheists in academia accept that without God everything is permitted? It seems like your typical internet poster or fedora tipper irl is afraid to concede that without a concrete source of morality from God no human action can be questioned. Higher up atheists firmly accept this as a consequence of their worldview and acknowledge that this line of thinking gave rise to Pol Pot and Mao, but neo-Atheists seem ashamed and refuse to accept this.
>>
File: tactical bullpup ballpark.jpg (69 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
tactical bullpup ballpark.jpg
69 KB, 800x597
>>70580093
>gets frazzled when someone uses buzzwords like 'nu-males'
>still says 'circlejerking'

reddit please leave
>>
>>70583663
The rule isn't the belief, the rule is that you have to adhere to that belief and doctrine. I really want you to be able to understand this but you're going to need to ask your handler to explain it for you. Maybe they're better at speaking retard.
>>
>>70583688

I'm not a vegeterian, I'm an eco-mild carniverous-herbivorian who eats soft shell sea food.

Stupid bullshit.
>>
>>70583725
>Act morally superior after someone openly refuses to deal with your faggotry, placing all blame on the recipient of your faggotry instead of admitting that you were acting like a faggot
>Condescend to make your discussion partner appear childish, as opposed to the person acting like a complete retard.
Live with your mistakes, faggot.
>>
>>70583852

Ok, than what part(s) of the belief and the doctrine pissed you off so much?
>>
>>70583688
It's as unnecessary as the invention of the word "cisgender." You generally shouldn't be held responsible for shit like pronouns or an abstract atheist-theist spectrum when talking to someone solely because they can't articulate their own views and beliefs.
>>
>>70583841
Uh, the faggot before me said "circlejerking," you dumb nigger. I was quoting him directly.
>Encourages memespouting and the oversaturation of buzzwords
>Hypocritically accuses someone else of being Reddit
>Types in lower cases as to appear nonchalant and unbothered
Yeah, okay pal.
>>
>>70583881

So instead of giving me an answer you gave me some sarcastic sentences in which you used the word "faggot" 3 times.

Nice try, jr. Call me when get out of your tweens.
>>
>>70582939
This post reminds me of one thing I don't like about atheists they all seem to think its a mass delusion when they don't try to see how every single place has developed religions to serve their spiritual needs and provide a unifying countrywide ethos. Its easier to believe that cult leaders are that powerful they can make people want things they don't need then assuming everyone has a kernel of spirituality that is a human desire innate to the species, that just gets channeled toward the direction of a charismatic.

Ever since we gained consciousness we have looked above and said "who created me" and Gods were on our minds.
>>
Satanism is the answer.
>>
>>70584067
>Maybe if I deliberately misrepresent criticism of my behavior as sarcasm, others will believe it
>Lol what a jr am I right guise xD
Man, I'm being trolled!
>>
>>70583874
>10 word description
>2 word description

You are incapable of arguing without strawmen. I seriously can't imagine how retarded you have to be to not be able to do this.

Every single time you've argued someone's point, you've misrepresented it in a significantly more negative light.
>>
File: 1459983751905.png (90 KB, 312x332) Image search: [Google]
1459983751905.png
90 KB, 312x332
>>70572502
The term has been fouled with edgy, excusez-le-mot, fedorafags. It often rejects western civilisation, history and everything remotely connected to religion, so a lot of culture is disregarded too. They claim to be of superior intelligence because they claim to be intertwined with science and objective knowledge, yet remain stuck in stupid memes like ''hurr we could have been 1000 years ahead if not for the Christianity-fueled Dark Ages" and ''hurr religious people are stupid''. A lot of the theories and knowledge they don't understand yet ironically revere as if it was religion, like evolutionism and the big bang theory were all invented by Catholics, yet somehow Catholicism is incompatible with science, if we were to believe the atheists. They often claim Christianity to be oppressive and intolerant, but Christians lecturing atheists are relatively rare, whilst the opposite happens frequently. Also, a lot of them claim to be against religion in general, yet that often means they are just against Christianity. Eastern religions always get cut slack, whilst Christianity in most of its modern forms is by far the lesser 'evil' when compared to Islam and the likes.

Probably missed some points, but these are my main irritations with atheism. Not even saying I am a theist, but I really do not want to associate myself with the term ''atheist'', because of the abovementioned reasons.
>>
>>70584148

>make accusation about someone
>throw around insults when asked to explain said accusation
>i know, I'll call him a troll!

10 Internet points for Gryffindor.

Also, why are you even defending the other guys point so hard? Are you samefagging on another device?
>>
>>70584283
I hope you understand that everyone knows you're paid to be here.
>>
>>70584283
>A spade gets called a space
>Better start bitching about it and continue my condescension parade
>Mentions of Harry Potter for lolrandumbness and quirk factor
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>70584360
spade*
>>
>>70584203

My point is still valid. People need to create bullshit buzz terms to identify with.
>>
>>70584283
You're not good at this. You're strawmen are so obvious and your style of arguing is so much dumber than you actually are. It's so fucking obvious. Whoever hires you needs to do a better job of hiring people.
>>
>>70584225
>Evolution invented by Catholics
I don't think Darwin was a catholic, but correct me if I'm wrong there.
>>
File: allahsux.gif (1 MB, 294x240) Image search: [Google]
allahsux.gif
1 MB, 294x240
>>70572502
Cause trump no like

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
>>70572617

Jews gave rise to Communism, which is the same group that gave rise to Christianity and Islam.
>>
>>70584358

ooookkkkaaaaaay. Weird.

You still haven't answered what part of the doctrine you're so against. Why are you avoiding the question?
>>
>>70572502
you think for yourself instead of being a filthy jew-loving fuckwit

other filthy jew-loving fuckwits hate that
>>
>>70584360

>make insane accusation
>gets asked to prove accusation
>starts spouting terms like "faggot" and "strawman"

You're bleddit, dummy.

And you STILL haven't given me your explanation.
>>
>>70584513
Well, you're a professional internet cunt, so whatever I say will be turned into a strawman.
>>
File: borat.jpg (23 KB, 236x396) Image search: [Google]
borat.jpg
23 KB, 236x396
>>70584102
Kazakhstan greatest country in the world all other countrys are run by little girls. Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium! Other countries have inferior potassium. Kazakhstan home of the tinshein swimming pool it's length thirty metre ans width six metre. Filtration system a marvel to behold it removes 80 percent of human solid waste. Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of jewtown. Kazakhstan, friend of all except Uzbekistan, they very nosey people withe bone in theire brain. Kazakhstan, industry best in the world, we invented toffee and the trouser belt. Kazakhstan, prostitutes cleanest in the region, except of course for Turkmenistan's. Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of jewtown. Come grasp the mighty phenis of our leader, from juction with testes to tip of its face
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.