[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paying for shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1440546526272.jpg (66 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1440546526272.jpg
66 KB, 800x450
>Traveled to Bongland, Molenbeekville and Kurwatown just recently.
>Go into stores, take taxis and eat at restaurants
>Many of them can't accept debit cards and you have to pay in cash.
>Have to look like a shit head, going to the ATM to take out cash so I can pay these bastards even though I have a functioning card in my hand.
>Lazy fuckers even say they only take cash, although I often see a card machine right there behind the counter.
>Even if you can pay by card, the guys behind the counter has to put your card into the card machine and press the amount for you like if you were some fucking retard, taking ages to pay. Why not just connect it with the cashier?

What the fuck is this shit? Why do people still pay in cash? I rarely ever pay for anything with cash anymore. If I buy a coke, I'll pay by card anytime. No fucking useless change filling up my wallet. My country is even seriously thinking of getting rid of cash all together and going 100% electronic since no one uses cash anymore and going electronic will make payments cheaper and reduce crime/corruption. (http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/oekonomisk-kriminalitet/dnb-vil-fjerne-alle-kontantene-i-norge/a/23599855/)

Rest of the world, explain yourself.
>>
Some of us don't want every transaction to be traceable. You wouldn't understand freedom.
>>
File: 1459791073183.jpg (211 KB, 848x636) Image search: [Google]
1459791073183.jpg
211 KB, 848x636
>>70570031
pay cash and like it faggot.
If the elite get all transactions cashless they can turn off anyone they don't like.
so quit being a lazy whining bitch and carry cash.
>>
>>70570031
>travel to third world countries
>wanting to just "slide your card" through some unknown card reader
>wonder why your bank account is drained the next day
>>
>>70570183
What he said.
>>
>>70570031
Helps you live within your means and not go into debt.
>>
>>70570392
He said debit card, not credit.
>>
>>70570031
>using fake currency
I only pay in gold and silver, or trade valuable goods. I don't buy stuff at supermarktets, I buy my food from local farmers, and I grow it myself. Why don't people grow their own food anymore?
>>
A cashless society is a bad idea

but yeah idk any place besides weed shops and lemonade stands that don't take a card in the US
>>
>>70570517
Ground is poisoned.
>>
>>70570031
>Even if you can pay by card, the guys behind the counter has to put your card into the card machine and press the amount for you like if you were some fucking retard, taking ages to pay. Why not just connect it with the cashier?
It's expensive to combine it with the cashier program, it's cheap to just get a terminal and put in the code, especially when people don't have to pay that often it's not worth it for a small business
>>
>>70570348
Can you post the real one
>>
>>70570348
Because the "elites" are in no way able to close down your bank account or anything like that in anyway. I think when they have their yearly meeting they must think: "Damn! Our plans to control everything is foiled by those pesky common people's ability to own worthless cash that we ourselves print and control trough their bank accounts...."
>>
>>70570437
Missed that.
>>
>>70570730
Except in a cashless society they completely freeze your assets. You can't even pay buy a snickers. That won't happen if you still have cash. They can't "close" your wallet.
>>
>>70570616
Really? I think that the banks in Norway actually cover that for free or atleast help with the costs, because handling money (transporting it, storing it and counting it) costs double compared to doing the transactions electronically in the long run. I've seen small cantinas in the middle of bum fuck have the ability to do that....
>>
File: 1459604251664.jpg (16 KB, 488x305) Image search: [Google]
1459604251664.jpg
16 KB, 488x305
>>70570730
yes they do.
and they do have yearly meetings(bilderberg)
and your card can be turned off with 1 phonecall.
don't believe me?
post pics of your card front and back.
and we'll get someone to call it in stolen.
now do you think the bank owners couldn't arrange that themselves?
>>
>>70570183
its called bitcoin you dumbass
>>
>>70570688
i thought that was the real one.
>>
>>70570031
You pay cash because when you accept payment thru credit cards, the Card Company takes a fee 4%+ to pay you immediately, or, takes up to two weeks to pay leaving you with a receivable and no cash.

Some businesses can't manage that with their margins.
>>
>>70571015
> because handling money (transporting it, storing it and counting it) costs double compared to doing the transactions electronically in the long run.
But we're talking about paying by card already.

I worked at a small electronics store, and we had to put in the price by hand if people wanted to pay by card. We had a separate terminal to put in the price, which is more expensive than the version where there is one terminal where both the price and the card are input. The program we had didn't have any features to handle paying by card, so we had to do everything manually.

We also couldn't accept credit cards as that feature cost more money to unlock.

It should also be noted that restaurants are more likely to put the price in by hand so people can include tip.
>>
>>70571758
That shit needs to stop tho. The banks has to be more productive minded when it comes to this shit. The guy behind the bar last night in London used more time handling the card machine then he did getting me my beer.
>>
>>70571366
Bitcoin is very traceable.
>>
>>70572162
Banks just want to make money, if the bar doesn't want to waste their time fiddling with payment they have to get a better system
>>
>>70570031
What do you buy your drugs with?
>>
>>70570348
Why did you post the fake edit. Post the real one
>>
>>70570031
Yeah, I feel that, coming how from Scands, and I am constantly running out of cash.
>>
>>70572416
Bitcoin is also very slow. It can take up to an hour for a transfer to be confirmed. I was transferring coins into my darknet market account, took 50 minutes the first time, 15 the second time. Imagine having to wait up to 50 minutes every time you're in line at the checkout counter.

The only way to make Bitcoin fast is to have "pre-paid" accounts that support instant transfer, but at which point you lose all anonymity.
>>
>>70570031

>Bongland

Wtf, I never use cash?

Even taxis have card readers now. Nearly everywhere has contactless too, including virtually all public transport.
>>
File: Leon Trotsky 2.jpg (42 KB, 456x600) Image search: [Google]
Leon Trotsky 2.jpg
42 KB, 456x600
>>70570031
HA! I KNOW RIGHT!?

>paying for shit

communism thread?

communism thread

anyone want to redistribute the cost of a 4chan gold account with me??
>>
>>70570348
The fact that norwegians are against cash, and mexicans are for it, makes you think that maybe cash transactions are in fact inferior.
>>
>>70572897
because we have visa debits

poor scandies can't into combined accounts.
>>
I really think the reverse is more interesting. I have a bank account but I don't really get any service from my bank. They are the place my wage is transferred to, but I could take cash/bitcoin/etc at work no problem. In fact, they are leveraging my money and pretend I'm the one borrowing from them, and I have to pay for using an ATM. I would also wager, electronic payments with their huge infra and administration costs are inferior and more expensive. So why do we have banks again?

ps. I took a student loan once and still regret it
>>
>>70574415
Probably national bank (and its subsidies) is somehow being a part of national state in current times. Besides that I have no idea.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.