[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here know about TCU in Fort Worth, TX? Reputation,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: texas-map.gif (52 KB, 415x425) Image search: [Google]
texas-map.gif
52 KB, 415x425
Does anyone here know about TCU in Fort Worth, TX? Reputation, student life, etc. I'm a HS senior in Virginia who got accepted and am seriously considering moving back to my home state.

Relevance: political climate falls under "college"
>>
Spoiled kids everywhere
>>
Not in the SEC so I don't give a shit.
>>
>>70565641

If it's not A&M, it ain't worth shit.
>>
>>70565690
Do you go there? I'm especially curious about their financial aid rep.

I'm a National Merit Finalist + National Hispanic, if it helps (different places differ in how seriously they take those two).
>>
>>70565880
I grew up there
>>
>>70565641
fuck yes go to texas

>graduate from TCU
>get job
>no income tax
>guns everywhere

yes yes yes yes yes
>>
I prefer South Huston Institute of Technology.
>>
>>70565880
so basically you're an average hispanic student getting subsidized by white guilt leftists who prop you up and make you feel special for performing at an above average white kids level
>>
>>70565920
Well dude, I love our state

Not sure about the job market - you in STEM?
>>
Most of the kids are from out of state.
Spoiled kids like SMU
Pay out the ass for a decent education
>>
>>70566163
Yes I moved down south to a better college
>>
>>70566159
National Merit here, got 231/240 on my PSAT when Virginia's NM cutoff was 222. So not too average, but okay.
>>
go to SMU
>>
>>70565641
What major?

Either A&M or UT or don't bother.
>>
>>70565880
Sounds like you are pretty intelligent. Why not go to UT instead? Overall better school and the best research university in the South.
>>
>>70565641
Solid football program. Based mascot.
>>
>>70566272
you better not get to uni and study liberal arts
>>
>>70566159

>average hispanic student

No, your average hispanic student in Texas relies solely on the Pell Grant, and the Texas Grant. Which is more than enough to cover everything except housing.

Though if you live in Texas, you have universities within driving distance no matter where you live, so housing shouldn't be an issue.

Pell Grant is only available to poor people, but the Texas Grant is actually available to ALL HS students who graduated above the minimum graduation plan, regardless of economic situation.
>>
>>70566381
How fast do they respond to applications? Most schools demand a decision by May 1st, so every day from now until then is crucial.

>>70566549
And how much of a factor does National Merit play if you are a Finalist, but also a pretty well-off Hispanic?

So many Texans reeled in in a matter of minutes, by the way. Nice
>>
>>70566538
Screw STEM - I'll be a Feminist Dance Major just for you
>>
>>70566717

I have no idea how NMSI works.

Like fuck.

Here I am, at 32, realizing that I probably could have been swimming in scholarship cash in college now, because I managed a perfect score on it when I was in high school.
>>
>>70565641
TCU fuckin sucks. They like to talk like they're Baylor or SMU but have nothing to show for it. Only met one or two people from there who weren't major assholes
Source: Lived in Texas all my life
>>
>>70566549
>your average hispanic student in Texas relies solely on the Pell Grant, and the Texas Grant
I got all this and I'm white and poor
>>
>>70566717
It's been a while since I applied (8 years) but I seem to remember UT making a decision very quickly. But you might have missed the application deadline for this fall. Still, they may make an exception for a NM scholar.
>>
>>70566183
> mostly out of state kids

>>70566958
What schools in Texas are attended by mostly Texans and not priveleged daddy's students?
>>
>>70565840
Ass to mouth is garb
>>
>>70567230
Every junior college ever
>>
>>70567153

That's exactly the point.

There really aren't that many hispanic scholarships, and moreover, there's TONS of hispanics, unlike blacks, so any hispanic-specific scholarships are fought over rather fiercely.

>>70567230

I don't know much outside Texas A&M Kingsville, to be honest.

Though, I know that Texas A&M Kingsville makes it a point to give preferential acceptance to anyone from the local area.
>>
>>70567166
UT in which city? Or when you say UT, do you mean the chain as a whole?
>>
>>70565641
I took a tour of TCU. Honestly I didn't like Ft. Worth very much. It's personal preference. Be prepared for a lot of rich city folk students who pretend they're cowgirls/boys. Then your regular college liberal crap. It's a well known and respected university though. Easily one of the better choices in Texas academically speaking.
>>
>>70565641
Hey op, attended TCU starting in 2001, been a while. One of the best values in private colleges. Well respected. They have a great 3-2 program for business to get undergrad and MBA in 5 years. Smoking hot chicks everywhere. But spoiled rich kids everywhere too. Quite a big party school. If you can stay focused, I would say go for it. I got an academic scholarship and they give them out like candy. Write a killer essay and you are gold.
My freshman orientation was run by a former Dallas cowboys cheerleader. Think on that.
>>
>>70565641
The immediate area around the school is nice but you go really in any direction for 5 minutes and it's nigger/spic central. Really the only reason to go to tcu is if you plan on getting a job in the dfw area and the hiring manager is alumni, then you're essentially guaranteed a job. If that is not your plan 100% it's an overpriced school in a very lackluster area. If you're studying STEM there's much better schools in Texas for significantly cheaper.

Source: my parents live in fort worth and I did for a few years as well
>>
>>70567560
Well, I'm more of a STEM/finance guy and not some feminist dance type. There are the big Texas privates (Baylor, TCU, SMU) and on this thread I keep hearing about UT and A & M.

If TCU is un-optimal then what of the other two?
>>
>>70567592
The campus is beautiful but the area around it not so much. Had my car broken into as well, niggers around the campus, so keep valuables outta sight and iutta your car. Hope that helps op.
>>
>>70567230
Colleges like Weatherford is where you find all the rednecks, good folks really; always up to go drinking and skeet shooting.
>>
>>70567725
Your out of. State tuition will be as much or more than the private schools. Don't listen to hype, apply to them all and have them fight for you. Visit the campuses and negotiate scholarships hard as if its a job offer. Trust me op, TCU alum here. Personal preference matters most. Find the school you like best or get the best offer from.
>>
>>70568007
Good luck op.
>>
>>70567768

Teacher here.

I've got students from Weatherford who moved down here.

Can confirm, they're all rednecks.

Note: This includes hispanic rednecks
>>
>>70568138
Thx dude. I was born in TX, though! I haven't lived there within that 5 year period, sadly, so am I 100% disqualified?

And I live in Virginia right now, so I might get in at most 2 visits before that hard July 1st application deadline. This may sound lame to ask, but will YouTube tours suffice?

Do the public schools love National Merit as much as TCU seems to?
>>
>>70567230
In Texas, I goto utd and I've always wanted to live on campus but it's true, the only people that live on or around campus are foreigners or rich kids that aren't from Texas. The government actually pays for the foreigners. So here I am in stem, like the only white guy left having to wake up at 7am every day of the week to commute an hour every morning and evening so hopefully I don't have to live where my parents treat me like a dog
>>
>>70568451
I was born in tx and moved away as well. Yes you will be out of state which makes TCU more appealing, tuition is the same regardless vs public schools which will double in price. TCU gives the. Best scholarships, trust me. I would really visit the campus. Its awesome. I lived in a coed dorm my first year, pussy everywhere!! Enjoy it man, wherever you go.
>>
>>70567725
UT & A&M are both good schools for that. UT is ranked higher but you somehow have to survive in Austin.
>>
>>70568451
Oh they used to have an early admissions application. Use it. You will get the. Best shot at scholarships before everyone else.
>>
>>70568451
It would be easy to schedule visits to both tcu in ft worth and SMU in Dallas. Big difference in the cities though they are really connected in a way. Visit both to compare. Hope all this helps man.
>>
their business school has pretty good connections seeing as how every fucking analyst at my bank is either from there or UT.

all of them are spoiled trust fund babbies though. I'm sure the girls are hot as fuck
>>
>>70567725
>finance

haha of course you actually are a liberal arts faggot

what a waste of this scholarship

YOU ARE NOT STEM FAGGOT
>>
>>70570284
He's still in h.s. and then has 2 years to decide his major. Get a load of this guy.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.