[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys really believe in free speech or would you prefer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Multiplayer.jpg (200 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Multiplayer.jpg
200 KB, 500x700
Do you guys really believe in free speech or would you prefer if it's repealed as soon as your side gains power?
>>
>>70562854

The only "speech" I would outlaw is fucking retarded mental illnesses like "I am genderfluid" and the like.
>>
I do really and for truly believe in free speech.
>>
>>70563193
only so you can keep shitposting
>>
Ban any communist crap. I've never been for free speech
>>
>>70562854
I believe in free speech and I believe in responsibility for your actions.
You can say what you want, if the guy your saying it to punches you in the mouth, that's between you and him. Nothing to do with the law or government.
>>
>>70563626
that's assault so it does have something to do with the law
>>
>>70562854
Do you mean having free speech like the Nazis and as soon as Jews gain power, they repeal it, so Germans can't discuss the actual story of the holocaust?
>>
>>70563626
What's stopping him from punching you for replying to his question?
>>
>>70563732
But it shouldn't be. Look a few years ago the law wouldn't have been involved. It would have been between you and him.
>>
>>70563779
While I agree that the Germans don't got free speech now, I don't see how they had it during the rule of the NSDAP.
>>
The thing people seem to forget about tyranny when pushing for it is that it only "works" when you agree with the people in power. As soon as the people in power change, or go even more extreme then you're fucked. That's why it's important to limit the power of the people in charge, because even if you agree with the people in charge now that won't always be the case.

So Freedom of Speech is absolutely nessecary.
>>
>>70563842
Nothing, we fight it out, then it's sorted.
>>
>it's repealed as soon as your side gains power?
This.
>>
I'm sure there is a compromise between restricting speech and just neutering it.
For instance, not allowing leftists to indoctrinate children in schools or to program people through the media.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.