[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with jehovas witnesses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: JW.jpg (33 KB, 570x200) Image search: [Google]
JW.jpg
33 KB, 570x200
I've heard some pretty good points from them.

But no one really takes them seriously, why?
>>
>>70545906
Decent people, but every bit of information that comes from the "governing body" is supposed to be taken as the word of God. The JW's are what happens when a book publisher decides to become a religion.
Source: Used to be one, most of my family still is.
>>
>>70545906
they can't get blood transfusions, they don't celebrate christmas or birthdays
>>
>>70547765
I've noticed how every single one of them dresses nice. I have never seen a badly dressed jehovas witness.

I'm interested to know what other christians think of them.
>>
>>70545906

>I've heard some pretty good points from them.

What do you expect? Them to show up at your doorstep and talk about how wrong they are?

No one takes them seriously because they are annoying as fuck, like some door salesman who refuses to listen when you politely ask them to leave.
>>
>>70545906
State Department spies
>>
>>70548108
I mean everything they talk about is literally in the bible. So I'm curious why they are a minority and sometimes laughed at.
>>
>>70545906

It's a cult with toxic and self destructive ideology.

The worst part is that salvation is not guaranteed.

Even if they are "saved" it's under the pretense that Jehovah will recreate their spirits with His perfect memory.

I.e. you might not even be the same person in eternity. Something like a clone.

It's a religion that basically demands complete obedience and promises nothing in return. Textbook abusive relationship right there.
>>
>>70548084
Yes, they dress nice and generally speaking they are great people. Money isn't everything but you should look at the graph to the left.
>>
>>70545906

>>70548543 (also me)
Oh and it also completely perverts the role of Christ. They believe that the archangel Micheal basically incarnated as Jesus. It's really weird stuff.

It's based on some weirdo's terrible exegesis of scripture.
>>
File: charles-taze-russell-mason.jpg (73 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
charles-taze-russell-mason.jpg
73 KB, 550x366
>>70545906
Proselytising is one of the big reasons they aren't taken seriously.

People like to make fun of them when they come to door.
Come up with new ways to tell them to fuck off.

Wife was raised as one of them.
If it is a kid that comes to the door, don't be a dick to them because they don't have a choice.

Just tell them not to come to your house any longer and they'll mark you off the list.
If that doesn't work, tell them you've been disfellowshipped.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.