[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did CURRENT YEAR man become the 4th most watched talk show host?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10
File: LAteNightRAtings.jpg (184 KB, 1320x465) Image search: [Google]
LAteNightRAtings.jpg
184 KB, 1320x465
How did CURRENT YEAR man become the 4th most watched talk show host?
>>
Trevor Noah isn't good, all of the Daily Show watchers went to meme man
>>
Im surprise conan is so low. All of them but him are total shit.
>>
>>70524113
I'm honestly more freaked out by Colbert. Colbert's never even been funny. Oliver at least accidentally lands a punchline on occasion.
>>
why are the all white men?

the myth is not the truth.
>>
>>70524113
look at the competition
>>
>>70524292

He inherited Letterman's audience, mostly. And a lot of people are fans of his personality, so they don't really care if he's funny or not
>>
He's not. Le current year man is once per week. Everyone else is four or five times per week.
>>
File: 1436532147721.gif (1 MB, 365x341) Image search: [Google]
1436532147721.gif
1 MB, 365x341
>>70524113
>colbert 2nd
>oliver 4th
JUST
>>
Jimmy Fallon looks like a depressed Ted Mosby
>>
James Corden is a huge faggot. How do people even stomach his show?

Those karaoke videos are so cringe worthy.
>>
>>70524231
Couldnt believe my eyes that Fallon is
1st.
>>
>>70524113
They're all shite.
>>
Colbert is the only one that is actually funny but recently he's been shit so disregard my opinion
>>
>>70524694
>Colbert is the only one that is actually funny
He's a bigger cuck than Oliver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qffCO1b-7Js
>>
>>70524231
This, Conan is fucking awesome.
>>
File: BigRed.png (522 KB, 531x509) Image search: [Google]
BigRed.png
522 KB, 531x509
>>70524113
Don't you notice a terrible absence on this graph ?
>>
>>70525551
>Conan is fucking awesome.

I never understood the Conan fan base. He's not stupid, but he's so unfunny most of the time. His nervous laughter makes my cat gag. And that habit of constantly interrupting the guest to steer the attention back to Conan is pathetic.

I liked Andy Richter, though.

And then there's max weinberg. who the fuck wears a three piece suit to play drums? (maybe he only did that the first year or so; that's when I stopped watching)
>>
>>70524113
Who cares?

If you watch late night shows you are certifiably retarded.
>>
>>70524737
Dear god that must be fucking satirical X_X
>>
Why is he so fucking ugly? Everything about him is inbred
>>
>>70524113
Where's Bill Maher? He's the only one that's actually funny 2bh.
>>
Talk show hosts are the scum of the Earth
>>
>>70524113
Damn poor Conan... is he going to be okay? My Youtube videos get more views than his show
>>
people don't understand that this is 18-49. while it is the most sought after demographic, this isn't the total amount of views in general, Oliver would be lower in that category.
>>
>>70524113
>jimmy kemmel 3rd
>conan 2nd to last

who watches this trash?
>>
lmao I've always seen Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon as the same guy
>>
>>70525551
He needs to do a ton more bits, that's where he shines. His interviews are boring snooze fests. Actually he should just drop the interviews and just do bits with celebs.
>>
>>70524231
I loved Conan when he was following Leno. He was younger and the shit he did didn't seem so out of place for a man his age. Also, since it was a lower budget show, and less viewers they would take risks on there that you'd never see anywhere else at the time. Now though, I just can't bring myself to watch him do the string dance at the top of the show without cringing so hard my face cramps.
>>
>>70524113
>That parenthetical under Noah
>>
>>70524292

Oliver's podcast was actually pretty funny, but it wasn't SJW tier.

I thought Colbert could be funny in interviews when people didn't know how to respond to him but the shtick got old years ago.
>>
>Jimmy Fallon #1
I would have never guessed.
>>
>Noah drives ratings into the ground
>i-it's not that bad...

Lol this is what happens when you attempt to apply affirmative action to a high-profile position.

Glad to see Wilmore is barely hanging on, as expected
>>
Trevor Noah just isn't funny.

I mean, towards the end the Daily Show had become unfunny SJW propaganda anyhow, but Jon Stewart sometimes landed good stuff on unrelated topics. Noah seems like a cool guy but his show sucks.
>>
>>70526515
The Bugle? Yeah I actually used to enjoy that, wonder if its still going.
>>
>>70526573

I saw Wilmore live, and it was pretty good. But it's a broken record. You can't do race comedy non-stop because you end up saying retarded shit, since you need to be "outraged" by somthing new everyday.

I mean Chapel did mostly race stuff, but he branched out for material. His best shit was on Prince and Rick James, not even related to race.
>>
People enjoy listening someone that reinforces their ideas.
>>
>>70525799

Yea, they haven't listed any funny people.
>>
>>70524113
Because nobody but cucks watch TV anymore.
>>
>>70527106
Top bantz
>>
>>70526009
The only time I've ever liked him is when the dog puppet skits show up
>>
How is Larry Wilmore in front of Conan O'FuckingBrien?
>>
>>70524113
>John Oliver 4th
>James Corden 7th
On behalf of all Brits everywhere, I apologise burgertwats.
>>
>Conan so low

There is no justice in this world.
Hands down the most naturally funny person on the planet, he can turn anything into a laugh.
Just watch him interacting with people, he's a fucking comic genius.
>>
>>70524113
The real problem with this is the fact that Jimmy Fallon is number 1. Who the hell finds him funny? He's so bland
>>
>watching tv
>>
I remember watching Conan nightly in the early 2000s. Took him up as Dave started to fall off and get really lazy (Dave was late up to the late 90s IIRC). Then watched the Daily Show and later Colbert when they were in the prime during the Bush years.

Been many years since I owned a TV not sure what's actually good anymore. Weirdly enough the only one of the lot I still watch is Jay Leno because of his based YouTube, despite never watching him on the Tonight Show.
>>
Why does America have so many talk shows? It is a garbage format and boring as fuck.
>>
>>70524562
Fuck I miss Craig, he was a funny little pervert, just like me ;.;
>>
>>70524113
Who the fuck watches Jimmy Fallon? I saw that show few times and he's fucking cringeworthy.
>>
>>70524231

TBS is practically a forgotten network.
>>
>>70524113

Makes me feel good that barely a million people watch this shit.
>>
Is Jimmy Camel redpilled?
>>
>>70524113
Kimmel and Conan are the only ones I can tolerate
>>70527960
He is not funny at all but he can play many instruments but even then he isn't an amazing musician either
>>
File: 1456783375661[1].jpg (118 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1456783375661[1].jpg
118 KB, 500x706
Wow, I'm extremely surprised to see Conan O'Brien's ratings so low. Jimmy Fallon is the fakest person out there, he always forces himself to laugh. Every single one of these hosts is a piece of shit SJW, but Jesus Christ, at least Conan had a sense of humour. In an ideal world I would give Craig Ferguson the number 1 spot.
>>
>>70526009
You're obviously an idiot, he's the only one on the list who is capable of being genuinely funny in unscripted situations.
>>
>>70524113

That makes me happy Comedy Central is falling dramatically. You cuck yourself with shitty diversity comedians, of course no one is going to watch.
>>
>>70524113
Trevor Noah and Larry Wilmore are his main competition. And nobody wants to watch Nigs at Nite.
>>
>>70524113
Wait, Craig Ferguson doesn't have a show anymore? That was the best of these things, because it focused more on stupid jokes and almost every single celeb that came on was either drunk or just not giving a fuck about what they were "supposed" to do on these shows. They fucking forgot to even mention the movies they were hyping like half the time until the very end. And then they introduced Geoff, the single best "sidekick" on late night.

Did he retire or did he "retire"?
>>
>>70524113
It's a race to the bottom.
>>
>too shit to make it in the UK
>ets shipped off to the US
>ultra successful

Why is this a trend?

Only good UK host you had was Craig Ferguson
>>
>>70529961
Geoff was still shit but better than all thr others. He hasn't had a show for a while. Also, all the beautiful women flirting woth Craig. What a fucking lad.
>>
>>70529547
Seen the show where Nicole Kidman reveals Fallon could have had her if he wasn't an autistic manchild and his soul shattered live on television?
>>
>>70526009
I only watch him for his clueless gamer parts, they're pretty good.
>>
Do americans really watch """"""""""talk show""""""""""?
>>
>>70524231
Conan is still pretty piss poor. Tries to keep the attention on himself too much, thinks sperging out is funny, keeps going with shit jokes hoping they magically turn funny (hint; they never do).
>>
Craig Ferguson was the best. That limey fuck was hysterical.
>>
>>70530637
Yes, they like interaction, not kooky jap shit tv being played with a little rectangle of a celebrities face in the bottom right as they "react".
>>
File: 1459922463920.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1459922463920.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>70524113
>Jimmy Fallon #1

Makes my heart smile desu. He was the only one who ever showed at least a semblance of fairness and friendliness towards Trump, even if he doesn't agree with him. Plus, he's by far the funniest one out there. I'm glad to see him beating Colbert, that rat fink.

I hope Jimmy's doing ok with his alcoholism though ;-;
>>
File: funny homo.jpg (7 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
funny homo.jpg
7 KB, 290x174
In my opinion, the Brits have the best, most based talk show host in the form of that faglord Graham Norton.

And you get to swear and drink on his set, at least.
>>
>>70524231
I think conan stopped giving a shit after losing the tonight show. He got 40 million dollars from nbc, I don't think he'd mind that much if he went off tv for good.
>>
>>70524568
Fallon isn't bad, he actually had trump on a couple times.

He's not like CURRENT YEAR MAN and Colbert the cuck
>>
>>70530637
Yea man Jimmy Fallon has some pretty funny shit on his show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH26boHgfQw
>>
>>70524113
What's more amazing is how little audience they all get considering the size of the u.s population
>>
>>70530607
sauce?
>>
>>70531274
>26 million views
jesus christ its good for a good chuckle but it grows old after 30 seconds.
>>
>>70524113
cuz he's saying what white people dont want to say.
>>
>>70531309
Talk shows are a thing of the past

I haven't watch one for a couple years now.
>>
>>70524113
Most people are dumb faggots, so it would make sense that they follow a dumb faggot when you think about it.

>Jimmy Fallon the beta queen of fake insecurity laughs.
>Stephen literally believes the bible is a fact.
>Jimmy is pretty good though
>John batshit dumbfag
>Conan should be more popular
>>
>>70524113
john oliver's youtube videos are fucking terrible (current year) shit but his other stuff on an average show is decent
>>
>>70524231
He's been doing the same schtick for 20 years.

>white nerdy voice
>string dance
>same skits
>>
>>70524113
those numbers seem very low for a country of 310+ million

Do Americans hate late night talk shows?
>>
File: 1457466905883.png (168 KB, 395x424) Image search: [Google]
1457466905883.png
168 KB, 395x424
Actually really surprised Colbert is doing so well. I saw a similar image a while ago placing him at 5th. From what I've seen of his show, it's a big step down from The Colbert Report in terms of humour.

Secondly, anyone surprised that Fallon is at the top of the list is an idiot. He seems to get the most A-list guests (I guess that's a chicken and egg thing, though) but the main factor is that he actually has entertaining things happening on his show. All the games can be hilarious (Ex. lip sync), and they can be snipped into YouTube videos to get the next gen watching. He's leveraging the Internet to get viewers, and the only other person doing that is John Oliver.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 655x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 655x513
>>70524231
>implying Conan shouldn't be lowest on that list

If cringing is your idea of a good time, Conan is your guy. If comedy is your thing, Conan is the worst choice on that list. There's a very good reason why Conan is nearly lowest on that list. He's earned it by being consistently boring, shallow, and unfunny for a very long time now. His audience wasn't taken from him. He lost his audience on his own merit by becoming unwatchable.
>>
>>70524113
Because he does more things then just CURRENT YEAR, not that anyone here knows this. They don't even watch his show.
>>
>>70530637

Nobody "watches" the late night talk shows, they just leave it on for something to have sex in front of and to go to sleep to. Not a single person actually cares or sets aside the time to actively watch this shit.
>>
I could give a shit about all TV. It's all fake and moderated to shit anyways. Everything is too PG and predictable. Half the shows are subliminal methods to make you laugh instead of just making it funny.

Why pay to watch 1/4 commercials, 3/4 TV when I can watch real, unmoderated content for free on YouTube (and Netflix is worth the money).
>>
Jews, irish and mulattos.
>>
>>70531084
GN is pretty entertaining. I like the multi-celebrity guest format. And Graham is always quick witted, never boring, has good segues, I think I might be gay.
>>
For everyone dumbfounded by low viewership I would hazard that the youtube presence (post live airing) is where certain guests/skits/performances are picked up and watched now. Late night On Demand, which is why they ingratiate themselves for your user subscription.
>>
Stephen Colbert's persona of not being an asshole was better than his real asshole self
>>
>>70533507
I rather liked the episode where Mark Wahlberg was clearly completely drunk on the show, and he started messing with people, fell asleep and got aggressive. Hilarious shit.
>>
>chris hardwick last

finally some good news, i was afraid people actually watch him
>>
>>70524113

WHITE MALES
>>
>>70524568
Fallon is actually watchable imo

I loved the Colbert report but recently he's gone full cuck and I can't stand it
>>
>>70526009
>Three piece suit.
A drummer who wants that old timey classiness and he's pretty old so it's not like some autistic 20 year old doing it.
>>
hamburgers and their idiotic tv
>>
Why do most of these shows promote weed?
>>
I'm a deeply emotional man.
>>
>>70524231
I think he might bring in a lot of money from foreign syndication. I know here in Canada he's on one of the main over-the-air networks.
>>
Jimmy Fallon is the Big Bang Theory of talk show
>>
>>70524113
I wonder if over all viewership has declined
As in this isn't indicative of the population as a whole
>>
>>70531084
i agree, the format opens up to great bits like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0X2eIoJio
>>
File: 1460204010105.gif (289 KB, 400x471) Image search: [Google]
1460204010105.gif
289 KB, 400x471
>>70524113
>Wilmore and Trevor Noah getting btfo
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.