[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How true is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
How true is this?
>>
Who cares what a fatass shill for kikes said.
>>
very enlightening
>>
Inaccurate for the modern times
>>
More or less, when you're young you don't realise the impractical applications of left wing politics.
>>
>>70525963

Winston Churchill shat bigger than you.
>>
>>70524050
This was accurate at the time. The meaning of "liberal" has changed quit a bit since then.
>>
>>70526140

On the contrary, this seems to fit the bill.
>>
If you don't pay tax, and are not liberal, you don't have a heart. If you pay tax, and are not conservative, then you don't have a brain.

-Me-
>>
>>70524050
Bumper-sticker slogans in defense of partisan positions?

The world is never simple enough to be explained by two sentences. Politicians try to sell these lines to you because they actually do think that you're stupid enough to believe them. You believe them because they're right.
>>
>>70524050
It's not true at all. I am a big time right wing conservative and I am young. I'm not saying I don't have a heart, I just don't make my decisions with it.

>>70526687
Fuck Winston Churchill he was the reason so many Austrians lost their lives at Gallipoli.
>>
>>70526884
I disagree, in the past liberals were fighting for actual rights like letting women and blacks vote, and trying to stop gays from getting killed.

Now they're importing people who want to kill gays, destroy their countries, and oppress the women that they fought so hard for, and they're doing it for their egos.

Now conservatives can have the "heart."
>>
>>70527191
>in the past liberals were fighting for actual rights like letting women and blacks vote, and trying to stop gays from getting killed.
You mean fighting to destroy the family, the economy and our moral framework? Because that's how those were spun, at the time. And now you're spinning "fighting for the right for people to escape countries controlled by violent, conservative regimes" as
>importing people who want to kill gays, destroy their countries, and oppress the women that they fought so hard for, and they're doing it for their egos.
It's never reducible to the length of a post on an internet forum. The world just isn't that simple. Neither conservatives nor liberals are under the false impression that anything is. But they all want you to think so, when it comes time to vote.
>>
>>70527191
Letting women into politics was a mistake because they have no loyalty to their ingroup, biologically, so that's a bad argument. Letting blacks vote...should be common sense why that was a mistake
>>
>>70524050
>How true is this?

5 trues.
>>
>>70527191
The right has always had the heart. We defend the interest of our own people, the Volk. From poorest to richest. Through economic policies (capitalism) that actually benefits everyone.

Also this >>70527404 Lefties have always been a bunch of degenerates.
>>
File: churchill.jpg (292 KB, 986x761) Image search: [Google]
churchill.jpg
292 KB, 986x761
>>
>>70526905

stop it.
>>
>>70524050
Why does DUDE INVADE TURKEY LMAO look like a fucking enlarged radioactive baby

>>70527109
This
>>
File: hitlerlol.jpg (27 KB, 608x402) Image search: [Google]
hitlerlol.jpg
27 KB, 608x402
>>70524050
>Churchill
>Having a heart
>>
Was it actually Churchill who said this?
>>
Not a Churchill quote, morons.
>>
>>70524050
He means that liberal ideas are normally passionate, while conservative ideas are more rational.
>>
>>70527665
And? He wanted to destroy Germany, like any proud Briton should.
>>
>>70524050
brit liberalism is different from american liberalism, especially back then
>>
>>70527928
fucking no.
>>
>>70529740
Haben sie beweisen dafür?
>>
>>70524050
yeah nah m8 http://www.winstonchurchill.org/resources/quotations/135-quotes-falsely-attributed
>>
>>70524050
don't believe everything you read on the internet
-Abraham Lincoln
>>
>>70524050
That has to be fake. Using modern liberal v. Conservative paradigm
>>
File: Trump Can't Science.png (23 KB, 500x203) Image search: [Google]
Trump Can't Science.png
23 KB, 500x203
>>70524050
>conservatives
>having a brain
kek
>>
>>70531154
'tis fake m8 see
>>70530630
>>
>>70526905
kewl
>>
>>70531328
So who did say it?
>>
File: d.jpg (46 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
46 KB, 850x400
>>70524050
>>
>>70524050

conservatives are just as bad as liberals
>>
While I am a conservative, I am always a little skeptical of young people (say, under 25) who identify as conservative. It's because many haven't really grown up yet & are still sort of figuring out where they stand on any number of issues - and are thus likely to switch sides or be hypnotized by someone like Bernie.

Conservatism, as a temperament, is something that seems to naturally come about as a result of becoming disillusioned with progressives/left-wing politics. One typically does not just start out as a conservative, and when one does, it's a bit weird.
>>
>>70524050
Back then Liberal meant something entirely different than what it does now
>>
>>70524050
I don't think that represents what you think it means. Old people can't create the same changes that they would be able to if they were younger. Care less about the social body as a whole. Churchill makes a point but I don't think its in favor of conservatives.
>>
>>70531696
Many people are simply raised in a conservative home and the parents are able to explain to their children why conservatism is generally superior.

The problem for most kids is that conservatives don't go around saying how much they care about and want to help the poor or disadvantaged; their politics are not one of charitable giving but one of responsibilities, duties and rules. This is hard for a young person to understand or accept; why not just ditch all that stuff and get down to business of making the world a utopia? Young people don't see the structures and values that keep society in its moorings. They don't understand something like welfare dependency, how regulations stifle growth, how budgets really work, etc.
>>
>>70531560
In fairness to Wellington, Uxbridge was sleeping with his sister-in-law
>>
>>70532461
no need. wellington is based
>>
>>70531472
hell if i know
>>
>>70527109

Yes iirc, he wanted to force the Dardanelles but the Turks had German officers and were too tough and Churchill too stubborn. Is that right?

That was probably a fuckup and probably not his only one.

He probably should have backed Ghandi, too.

That said, what he got right is bigger than what he got wrong imo and is enough for me to admire him.
>>
>>70527109
>aussies losing lives cuz of him

holy shit aussies cant handle the banter! tippity top kek.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.