[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about genetic /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Fst-Chart.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fst-Chart.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
So is this true?

Human Races Are Not Genetically Distinct Enough To Be Valid Biological Categories

The most commonly used measure of the genetic distance between populations is called an Fst value. Humans have a higher Fst value than many other species which have recognized subspecies, meaning that human races are more genetically distinct than the subspecies in these other species. Thus, the genetic distance between races is sufficient for them to be considered subspecies.
>>
i dont understand
>>
>>70517142
Is this true? http://therightstuff.biz/2015/09/30/human-races-exist-refuting-eleven-common-arguments-against-the-existence-of-race/
>>
>>70517503
It does make sense, I like genetic researches, although I obviously don't base 100% of my judgement on them.
>>
>>70517142
it means brown people are inferior
>>
>>70516949
I'm a biologist. This shit is so obvious when you study it in depht that even my ultra leftist friend now agrees that race is more than a social construct.
>>
The general rule for identifying a subspecies is a percentage rule. You will mix two groups together and if you can correctly identify an individuals origin 95% of the time, you will consider it a subspecies.
>>
>>70516949
>A pile of shit by any other name, still smells as rotten.

When people mention human races they refer to the differences that are actually there. What you're talking about is some arbitrary man-made definition of a man-made word. Just because the definition is not fitting in this case doesn't mean that those differences don't exist. The definition of the word is not god-given.

The word race is just a convenient way to refer to them, that people are familiar with, and since this is how language works, it's perfectly fine for the job.
>>
>>70516949
>Human Races Are Not Genetically Distinct Enough To Be Valid Biological Categories

Talk to an actual biologist. That there are races is a trivial truth.

We can even establish race from skeletal remains for fucks sake.

The idea that "there's just one race, the human race" is a meme from the humanities built on complete ignorance of the subject. Just like the "no such thing as gender" is laughed at by anyone who studies the body or mind.
>>
Yes, this is true. But this is a subjective question, a taxonomic one. I am a biologist and I have always recognized the existence of races, because I can draw a PCA-plot that is based on autosomal DNA, and it will form massive clusters that are large Fst distances away from each other. The European ethnicities are one big cluster, for instance. Between the Semitic cluster, that among others hosts the Druze, and the European, you will naturally find Ashkenazi Jews because they are a combination of both.

The question that remains is: what Fst distance is acceptable for us to be used as a dividing line between two different races or clines?
>>
>>70516949
The powers that be dont want this out there because it will immediately start to make people de-humanise each other a lot more than we currently do.

Once you see others as subhuman you can do some really fucked up shit to them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.