[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Housing the Homeless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Me.jpg (42 KB, 400x249) Image search: [Google]
Me.jpg
42 KB, 400x249
There are government programs underway to pay for housing the homeless.

The justification: It currently costs about $30,000 per year for one person to be homeless. Mostly these are the costs accrued from jailing the homeless. Housing an individual apparently costs only about $10,000.

Total savings claimed: $20,000 per year, per homeless person.

Problem: Will the prospect of free housing be an incentive for Bernie supporters to just become homeless so they can get free housing and ultimately be such a high demand that it costs the state more than it did to jail the current number of homeless people? The number of freeloaders only needs to triple before it is no longer cost effective.

Another question, do we need to jail the homeless? Tougher laws on the homeless keep being introduced.

Couldn't the high cost of jailing them be solved by relaxing the laws instead of adding more strict laws?
>>
>>70499698

His hair is cultural appropriation
>>
>>70499698
Giving the homeless houses won't automatically keep them out of jail. While not optimal, I'm all for this solution with the stipulation that rather than jailing most criminals from now on we just expel them from society. Revoke their citizenship and put them on a self driving boat headed to literally anywhere else. Or just kill them. Either one is fine.
>>
>>70499698

Won't work, just like basic income won't work.

People at the bottom will continue to behave irresponsibly, no matter what you give them.

Homeless people are even more likely to either wander off again, sell all of the furniture, shit the place up, burn it down, etc.. the ones who aren't already in shelters are the ones with serious mental problems.

Maybe it's time to just accept that fact that you can't help people who don't want to help themselves.
>>
Most homeless are legitimately mentally ill and should be put in crazy houses for their and the publics good.

The reason there is a homeless population is because liberal idiots opened up the nut houses and dumped the crazies on the streets. Now we have a whole population of crazy people living on the streets, causing problems and freezing to death.

Yes crazy houses should have been reformed, but completely closing them down has caused the current homeless problem.
>>
>>70500291
You can help them. You house them, and make sure they aren't roaming the streets.

There literally was no such thing as a homeless population 50 years ago. You had an occasional wandering bum, but not thousands of homeless in every city.

You know why? Because we made sure crazy people didn't just wander around. The tiny cost of housing these people is nothing compared to the cost of them living on the street and causing problems for normal people.
>>
>>70500924
>There literally was no such thing as a homeless population 50 years ago
Then they shut down the asylums
>>
>>70500034
That's a good point. They'll probably still be out on the street most of the time anyway. For example, many panhandlers aren't even homeless.
>>
>>70500291
This is a fact. Many homeless people want to be homeless. They do not want to participate in society. Ask a police officer who deals with them every day.
>>
>>70500665
That's also a fact. I honestly believe liberals are limited to whatever their forst emotional response is and can't seriously consider anything beyond the first step of whatever scheme they concoct.
>>
All being said, I think they should go ahead and attempt these programs. But I fully expect we will see a rise in homelessness by people out to take advantage of a handout. I know people who are able bodied, sound mind and already trying to take advantage of existing homeless programs. Even when they had people offering then free housing.
>>
>>70499698
Guarantee it will cost more money, not save money. Hardly any homeless go to jail for any long period, they release them all the time. Where I live many have hundreds of convictions, they are still let out on the streets.
>>
I see many of the homeless as Diogenes impersonators. They just want to bask in the sun, wander around, and shitpost like an Aussie in real life.
>>
>>70501993
These articles pushing this idea claim well over $30,000 per year, per homeless individual. Some town in Florida spent over half a million jailing the homeless.

Florida also has some of the most strict laws against homelessness. Chicken or egg? Are these strict laws part of a larger design to make people dependant on the state while removing the option to drop out of society? Is the wall going to keep them out or keep *us* in man?
>>
>>70502531
Exactly. Possibly the only means of truly subverting statist rule from within our borders. True anarchists aren't shitposting from their iPhones. They're homeless bastards. And now they will lose that.
>>
It's project housing all over again. You house degenerates, decrease property values, drive businesses out, and then all you have are a bunch of Crack shacks.
>>
Are any Ausfags from department of housing (any state) on this board? It can cost up to 150k per year to jail a person whilst only 30k to 40k pp to house them in enclaves. The Lower ses still behave incredulously and like belligerents but it's better that they create trouble in their own communities than extend to more gentrified neighbourhood where the policy of dropping a poor family in the midst of richer people will ghettofy the area as people move away and rent those homes out further reducing home values. There are 3 bedroom homes in my region which are approximately 130 to 150 but in the wrong neighbourhood. Also being cheaper than prison and less stigma socially and creates local government jobs...but infuriatingly at our tax payer expense...still worth it because I don't see thugs on my street.... They are a few over though.
>>
>>70499698

Fuck the homeless. I've worked at a homeless shelter.

They all fucking choose to live that way. They're worthless lying scamming lazy niggers. Do NOT waste a single cent on them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.