[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rand Paul Introduces Amendment to Prohibit Drone Surveillance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: Why didn't you listen.jpg (66 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
Why didn't you listen.jpg
66 KB, 650x430
>Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) introduced a bipartisan amendment with Sen. Edward Markey (D-MA) to the FAA Authorization Act which would prohibit law enforcement from using drones to surveil Americans without a warrant.

>“The use of drone surveillance may work on the battlefields overseas, but it isn’t well-suited for unrestrained use on the streets in the United States. Congress must be vigilant in providing oversight to the use of this technology and protection for rights of the American people. I will continue the fight to protect and uphold our Fourth Amendment,” said Sen. Paul in a press release.

>The amendment’s aim is to restrict the usage of drones in the United States and “ensure the protection of every American citizen’s right to constitutional privacy protections.”

>The amendment would allow exceptions in patrolling national borders, an imminent threat to life, and in the case of a high risk terrorist attack. If any evidence is collected in violation of this amendment, that evidence cannot be used in a criminal, civil, or regulatory action.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/rand-paul-introduces-amendment-to-prohibit-drone-surveillance-on-us-soil/
>>
File: 1460152350048.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460152350048.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>70489992
>no restriction on private use

Great work Randlet. That just means that the government will start getting companies to collect the data for them instead.
>>
>>70490097
That can't do that either dummie, it would get shut down if it ever went to court; just like that cannot use taxation of bullets to de facto ban guns.
>>
>>70489992
Good on Paul. Why didn't people vote for this guy??
>>
>>70490753
>Why didn't people vote for this guy??
he doesn't make liberals mad like trump does
>>
Rand Paul I cannot describe how much I love you and the work you do for my home state of Kentucky. Thank you sir. Writing your name in for President no matter what.
>>
>>70490399
>>70490753
>>70491418
You do realize he's just trying to Cuck Trump right?

How are we supposed to watch moving targets across 2,000 miles of wall without surveillance?
>>
>>70491539
There is an exception for that.
>>
>The amendment’s aim is to restrict the usage of drones in the United States and “ensure the protection of every American citizen’s right to constitutional privacy protections.”

When did he change his name to Rand Streisand?

Drones do not violate the right to privacy -- as much as a helicopter or plane do.

Neither does surveillance, within reason.

But, whatever Barbara Paul thinks, I guess.
>>
>>70491539
>The amendment would allow exceptions
>patrolling national borders
>pa
>troll
>ing
>>
thats nice, but not really a major concern of people.

This is what libertarians do to keep their creds without pissing off their donors.

How about an amendment to prohibit illegal mexicans on US Soil, you filthy corrupt GOP scumbag?
>>
>>70489992
I support drone surveillance. As I've gotten older, I've become much less libertarian.
>>
>>70491653
>>70492469
What is up my fellow pole-acks!
>>
>>70491653
Drones have the potential to abuse the privacy of the American people, the government needs to be kept in check if the people are ever going to sustain. The government doesn't need to get any bigger
>>
>>70492604
Fuck off kanga
>>
>>70489992
God bless
Godspeed Paul
>>
Lol this guy is a midget right?
>>
>>70490399
So the bill is pointless then?
>>
>>70489992
>tfw this won't pass
>>
I now understand that DHS wants to use all this surveillance against whites, and this is why it's so important to fight this.
>>
File: MXP+Mechanical+Drawing+2.png (10 KB, 343x341) Image search: [Google]
MXP+Mechanical+Drawing+2.png
10 KB, 343x341
Reminder that Rand is the last Senator who actually cares about our rights.
God bless this man.
>>
>>70492801
>Drones have the potential to abuse the privacy of the American people

How?
>>
>Can't do drone surveillance
>Just do piloted plane surveillance

libertards are fucking stupid
>>
>>70493515
By photographing them on their private property, for starters...?

Did you even think about what you just asked?
>>
>>70493613
>piloted plane surveillance
>
>>
>>70493701
What's wrong with you? Do you have a nigger brain?
>>
>>70493740
You evidently do.
>>
>>70493613
>piloted surveillance aircraft are just the same as drones
Except with 20-50x higher costs, potentially even more as drones get cheaper and cheaper.
Takes a dumbfuck to not figure out the advantage of making espionage more expensive to do.
>>
>>70493613
How does a plane take a photograph through a side window on a house?
>>
>>70493902
Cost-saving from drones isn't the reason why he's proposed this. It's a typical cause celebre issue for people who don't know what they're talking about, he thinks drones are spooky because they're unmanned.
>>
>>70494081
Okay nigger, explain to me how I'm going to fly a plane to spy on someone in the middle of a major city that lives in a high rise apartment.

>thinking planes are legally allowed to fly in whatever airspace they want
>>
>>70490753
Trump>>70491306
>>
>>70494226
If you're talking about how to look through a window obscured by being in an alleyway, they wouldn't use a drone for that.

If you're talking about not being able to fly over a city, there are TV sets and FLIR pods that can zoom in from hundreds of miles.
>>
>>70494922
Because long term covert surveillance is totally feasible by flying around in circles hundreds of miles away from your target. There will totally not be any obstructions at all. Promise.
>>
>>70495214
You can fly over cities with a helicopter. They're cheaper than military drones. You ever seen a police chase?
>>
>>70495214
Stop thinking that there will only ever be 1 drone spying on something.

Drones being used for surveillance are operated in multiple pairs to not lose LOS on targets
>>
>>70489992
>Can't patrol the border with drones
>Can't use drones to surveil civil unrest or riot activity
Rand you're fucking up.
>>
>>70495581
>drones
I'm talking about a plane here senpai. Follow the bong's dumb argument.

>>70495577
So you're just going to fly back and forth other a city in a helicopter to spy on people? That's not even remotely conspicuous. And it would violate other airspaces.
>>
File: 1450037856953.jpg (193 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
1450037856953.jpg
193 KB, 560x375
Can't take this guy seriously. #sorrynotsorry
>>
>>70495687
>The amendment would allow exceptions in patrolling national borders, an imminent threat to life, and in the case of a high risk terrorist attack
>>
>>70495789
It's like an animal instinct to hate manlets. Left over from ancient times times cause manlets had to lie, cheat, steal and rape to survive.
>>
Doesn't seem enforceable.
>>
>>70493920
With a camera
>>
>>70495778
1. The line of sight issue is the same with drones so you're just arguing to make it look like you win when you don't know what you're talking about

2. Yes, they do it all the time and it's not easy to hear a helicopter indoors when it's not at low altitude, never mind in a bustling city. It wouldn't violate airspace because helicopters do not file flight plans beyond altitude limits near airports.
>>
>>70496232
Drones are much smaller and much more covert. They can go closer to targets and are less prone to obstruction.

Flying a helicopter around is stupid because it's too expensive and a cloud fucks up everything anyway.
>>
>>70493613
Do you know how much cheaper, easier, and faster it would be to just send a drone instead of a plane? Stopping the government from abusing this new technology is something everyone here should support but all I see here is shitposters and faggots.
>>
>>70496545
Why do you care so much about drones when the jews control your government and can listen to every word you say and type?? It's because they're spooky isnt it...
>>
File: rand_crazy_eyes_paul_019.jpg (240 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
rand_crazy_eyes_paul_019.jpg
240 KB, 620x412
>>70489992

Of all the Really Bad Ideas that the randlette has had, this one is right down near the bottom of the barrel. Although, I'm sure he'll keep scraping at it and come up with even worse ones.

> /pol/ being so fucking blue pilled that they think this stupid piece of shit is a "red pill" of some sort

How did you fucks ever get so fucking stupid that you think this asshole even reaches to the pleb tier?
>>
>>70491539
It's a good law. We can legalize the use of border drones afterward. Also, there's the danger of border drones being used to spy on southern Americans.
>>
>>70496896
$0.05 has been deposited in your account
>>
>>70496545
Drones have also more endurance, can use the weight to preserve the life and comfort of the pilot for systems that would make it more effective also carry way more fuel, or not any at all if it's a solar powered drone.
>>
>>70496908
Border drones are still legal under this amendment
>>
>>70496768
Helicopters are cheaper than drones

If you're talking about quadcopters, those are super short range and would only be used for specific things like if chasing an offroad suspect
>>
>>70491653

Drones don't need to land to eat or piss dumbass. A global hawk can stay in the air for like a day straight for much less money than a surveillance plane or chopper

Get fucked bootlicker
>>
>>70497181
chopper cheaper than global hawk

a global hawk is like an unmanned U2 m8 u wot
>>
>>70494081

They are spooky precisely because they're unmanned

Anyways why the fuck are you commenting on American politics? GTFO Abdul
>>
>>70497473
>They are spooky precisely because they're unmanned

Why? What difference does it make?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.