[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel, /pol/? What does virtual reality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 1460248640248.jpg (120 KB, 1250x700) Image search: [Google]
1460248640248.jpg
120 KB, 1250x700
How does this make you feel, /pol/?

What does virtual reality mean for the future of western civilization?
>>
It's a pretty disturbing picture, tbqh

>The nose knows
>>
>>70478437
Happy. That picture has helped red pill a lot of people on Zuckerkike.
>>
>>70478437
Why is it that the snake the only one not hooked up to the Machine...
>>
File: summer lessons.webm (3 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
summer lessons.webm
3 MB, 1200x800
Yes please.
>>
>>70478437
This picture is actually fucking terrifying.
Just look at his face.
>>
File: cool.jpg (14 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
14 KB, 222x216
>>70479393
Fuck reality. Plug me in.
>>
>>70479193
Has it?

Almost all of my friends who are interested in video games and visual novels have been saving up to buy one, or have already ordered one. Mind you these are an $800 investment. I know that's just anecdotal evidence on my part, though. I have a feeling that once the price lowers on these devices that they'll attract even more people interested in all forms of media entertainment, like movies, television series, or even just casual internet browsing.
>>
>>70478437
That's a happy merchant if I've ever seen one.
>>
File: existenz8-e1328297984576.jpg (38 KB, 640x363) Image search: [Google]
existenz8-e1328297984576.jpg
38 KB, 640x363
>>70478437
>What does virtual reality mean for the future of western civilization?
That's not virtual reality, just a shitty, overly expensive gadget for stupid people to buy, that will soon enough die out again, once people notice that anything physical doesn't bode well with "virtual reality".

Wake me up once they're on Existenz level of VR or something.
>>
>>70478437
anyone have a rift?

worth the buy or nah?
>>
>>70481313
wait 3-5 years for the tech to advance. Until then its bulky and more of a gimmick.
>>
>>70478437
There should be war and/or massive regime change despite this virtual degeneracy.
>>
>>70478437

This has to be the scariest picture I've seen in a while. Just beaming opinions directly into your brain. Combine that technology with the technology in my link, and you have your re-education camps.

Mind control: Scientists can now make people alter their prejudices and belief in God.

>The study analysed the brains of 38 UCLA undergraduates from a multitude of races who were divided into two groups. One group had enough magnetic energy directed at their brains to temporarily shut down the posterior medial frontal cortex, a part of the brain located near the surface and roughly a few inches up from the forehead that is associated with detecting problems and triggering responses that address them.

>The researchers discovered that the group which had the targeted brain region shut down reported 32.8% less belief in God, angels, or heaven, and were 28.5% more positive in their feelings toward an immigrant who criticised their country.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mind-control-scientists-can-now-make-people-alter-their-prejudices-belief-god-1524122
>>
>>70478437
It's like a real life version of this image on a mass scale.
>>
>>70480553
existenz legitimately scared me. not while i was watching it really but later.

as soon as that kind of thing is available, you have no idea what is real. at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 484x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 484x283
Someone shoop a Happy Merchant on Zuckerberg in that pic.
>>
File: spooky.png (519 KB, 973x621) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
519 KB, 973x621
>>70479393
>>70481875
dont care... plug me in i want it to STOP
>>
I dont think I've ever seen a more punchable face than zuckerjew
>>
>>70480553
Loved the film! Ein absolutes Meisterstück, hab es erst vor 2 Jahren gesehen aber wow ich fand es viel besser als Matrix.
>>
>>70481979
How do you know that its not available already? And we are in some simulation and we just dont know like it was at the end of Existenz.
>>
File: shekelous.png (619 KB, 510x595) Image search: [Google]
shekelous.png
619 KB, 510x595
>>
>>70482531

i don't

but in existenz they were aware of existenz existence. so i hope this means i'm not..
>>
>>70482651
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/47211f/im_the_fat_guy_frowning_next_to_zuckerberg_ama/

>I'm the fat guy frowning next to Zuckerberg (AMA)
>>
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/04/08/virtual-reality-tested-tool-confront-racism-sexism/82674406/

I just can't

JUST
>>
>>70482742
Well are you sure about that? In the last scene it wasnt so sure because the guy they wanted to kill if they are still in the simulation? And they looked like they werent sure.
>>
>>70482651
Are you supposed to wear it over your nose?
>>
>>70482928
no i know, thats when it got really scary. but they were aware of the existenz. even if they had no idea how inception it really was.at least they knew.

but maybe all of reality, all consciousness, has always been like existenz, untold trillions of lifetimes going deeper down the rabbit hole, trillions of births and deaths, all a crazy game.

maybe that's why it scares me, because i know on some level that it IS true, and the machine invented version of it is just a echo of it...
>>
>>70481875
>shutting down part of your brain makes you more liberal
Who could have guessed?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.