[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cop fired for offering tips on faith.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
"OMG IM SO OFFENDED!!!!"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/indiana-state-trooper-fired-preaching-drivers-article-1.2592999

This is the world we lived in.
>>
File: bubb_rubb.jpg (17 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
bubb_rubb.jpg
17 KB, 350x263
>>70474150

Wouldn't a simple 'no thanks' have been a more appropriate response?
>>
>>70474150
Separation of church and state has always been the world we live in.

>Hamilton’s behavior in January was an apparent violation of a 2014 order demanding he would not “question others regarding their religious beliefs nor provide religious pamphlets or similar advertisements” while on duty
So he's no better than a stupid nigger who gets shot for failing to follow police instructions.
>>
>>70474270

No, he (Inadvertently) offended them!!!

He must be punished for showing that he cares more than just the way they're driving!
>>
>>70474150
He was told to stop. How do you defend this?
>>
File: 5e6.png (12 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
5e6.png
12 KB, 469x463
>>70474612
who gets offended over someone asking how they're doing with their faith?

I think we know the answer...
>>
How would you hypocrites handle it if some Islamic police officer started preaching the Koran to you.

>t-thats different

Fuck off.
>>
>>70474150
Highly inappropriate since it is heavily implied by him asking that series of questions that his discretion as an officer hinges on what arbitrary answer satisfies his personal belief system.

As an law enforcement officer, he is obligated to act in a professional manner that does not violate the constitution. I'm an atheist and if I were a cop, I wouldn't go around asking someone with a Jesus fish on the back of their car why they believe in a deity.

It's really none of my business and as someone who is given responsibility as law enforcement I am to deal with all people fairly and within the Constitution.

The officer in question should have done that kind of shit on his personal time.

But of course all the reverse edgelords are going to say I'm a fedora tipper because I'm an atheist.
>>
I just don't get these people.

I'm atheist but when somebody goes out of their way to try to help me, be generous even though I'm not interested.. the last thing I can conceive of is getting them fired.

Crazy world.
>>
>>70474150

His job is to enforce arbitrary limits on speed with no relation to road safety to fill the public coffers, not to preach religion at people.

If it was something silly like him wearing a crucifix that touched this off I'd be 100% on his side, but actively proselytizing people is not what we pay cops for.
>>
>>70474150
good

CHRISTFAGS BTFO AGAIN
>>
>>70474150

>Shoot homeless people
>Paid leave

>Preach religion
>Fired instantly
>>
>>70474727
>le fedora boogeyman
>>
>walk into restaurant
>hosts asks where you would like to sit and what faith you believe in
>nod and go to your table
>waitress asks what kind of drink would you like and if you study wiccan
>say you would like your just water and you need a bit more time to order
>it's late and you didn't notice and the manager comes to tell you they're closing soon, and if you've converted to islam yet
>pay your bill and leave
>on the way home a cop pulls you over and starts preaching to you about Christianity

>all of this is okay for these people to do this in the mind of /pol/
>>
>>70474150
I hate this shit even as an atheist. Suck it up, you faggoty NY citizen. The guy didn't scream
>Allahu Ackbar
or some shit. He was probably being genuinely nice, yet dumb.
>>
>>70477735
>People not respecting my privacy in belief
You're weak scum if you can't handle it.
>>
>>70474283

/Thread
>>
>needing god
>>
>>70477291
He was warned before to knock it off. Also there is a difference here. Shootings are investigated and unless there is blatant abuse of power they keep an officer off the force until he's cleared. The other reason is because like any other business, there are bylaws and rules and laws that police departments have to follow certain rules before firing someone.

In this case this dipshit decided to ignore warnings from his superiors to stop preaching on the job and he chose to ignore it. He had his termination coming.
>>
We aren't offended, we just don't like being detained and wasting time for the purposes of hearing about your fairytale.
>>
File: 1446513063717.jpg (98 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1446513063717.jpg
98 KB, 800x600
>>70479722
>>
>>70474150
>2nd reported complain about this
>probably constantly doing this
Should have become a pastor instead, cops opinions on beliefs don't matter and should remain private.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.