[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey. What do you think of the idea of one world government?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1.earthdrop.jpg (52 KB, 524x362) Image search: [Google]
1.earthdrop.jpg
52 KB, 524x362
Hey.

What do you think of the idea of one world government?

Without protectionism, the economy would floruish.

The world's military budget would drastically lower, thus allowing the world government to lower taxes or reinvest the defense budget into something else.

It would also help Earth to move foward towards colonizing the outer space.

Despite that, the lack of competition and power monopoly can be serious threats to ourselves.

Discuss.
>>
>>70462342
I would say get fucked.

One government fucks up and the entire planet has no one where to hide? Fuck that, fuck you!
>>
There will be no more humanity on this planet after one world gov.
>>
OK if we become a federation planet.

Not ok if we're stuck here and fucking trapped.
>>
>>70462342

One-world government will happen with the AI revolution. At that point we will begin to travel farther into space, and Earth will become a mere homeworld, akin to Earth's Jerusalem.
>>
That's impossible.
>>
>>70462342
Wouldn't do anything, the world would become vassal states and the wars we have now will just be called infighting instead of wars, won't make them any less devastating though.
>>
File: rein.jpg (36 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
rein.jpg
36 KB, 704x396
>>70462342
Serious answer OP: it'd be a lot like Monarchy/Tyranny, and I mean that in a BALANCED way. Remember,
>"A great king is the best form of government, but a terrible king is the worst form."
One world government would be like that: if you actually ended up with a solid one, combining the best part of America, Europe, and Japan say, with decent localism maintained where it matters, then yes everything you say is correct, it'd be vastly more efficient and better for humanity all around.

But you can't consider positive potential without considering the negative case too. In this case, the negative would be ending up with any one of a number of awful governments, which its worth noting there are more of covering a far higher percentage of the global population then there are good ones. In that case you end up with a dystopia.

Basically, our current system trades inefficiency, uniformity, and optimality for redundancy. Even if things go bad in one place, it's less likely they'll go bad in EVERY place, so there is still room for role models and new things to develop. One World Government is an all-or-nothing bet.
>>
>>70462342
The "free trade = less wars" meme is false. Germany's biggest trading partner in the 20's 30's, and, until Hitler declared war on them in 1941, was the Soviets.
>>
>>70463240
Idiot. We'll have AI by the 30s, but the quality of life will still suck. There wlll be no moon factory and no stargate.
>>
>>70462342
No, the majority of the population of the world lives below poverty line. No thanks.

Federal government can't get Jack shit done, local gov does.
>>
Read the Book of Revelation. One-world government will be literally hell on earth.
>>
Oh great, the earthlings are starting thhis shit already.

Can we at least build our space communities before you start this shit
>>
Why don't you go play the Sims instead of thinking of ways to control real people?
>>
Uniting all the nations under one government is the end game. It would enable a fair distribution of natural resources and wealth. The world would be a better place.
>>
It will never happen. We're all going to die on this planet because we fail to see the bigger picture that is working together to colonize outer space.

Maybe that's for the best, though. Humanity is a cancer.
>>
>>70462342
Does this mean I have to pay welfare tax for every illiterate asshole on the planet?
>>
We can do worldwide policies just fine.
>>
>>70462342
Satanic asshole. Free candy wagons. I don't like protectionist leftism. I don't like zionist refugees. But I like zionism and ZERO borders! If you have a problem. ANY problem. You stupid Hue. Who's going to listen to you? For whom are you going to "vote"? There will be a borg in all aspects and total control. Stupid moron idiot. Fuck right off. This board is fucking terrible
>>
Why one government? Local governnance is infinitely better at tailoring to the needs of people than super centralized government ever will be
>>
>>70462342

The greatest expansions of living standards have been brought by capitalism, struggle and warfare.

Living together in harmony produces musical instruments, fighting one another produces spaceships and computers.

Humanity needs strife to succeed. Or rather, competition.
>>
>>70462342
there can't be one world government, or one economy when there are countries way more developed than others
>>
>>70462342
See EU for details
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.