[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /pol/ agree with tumblr's view on women?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr.png (145 KB, 668x507) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.png
145 KB, 668x507
Does /pol/ agree with tumblr's view on women?
>>
>>70456448
>does /pol/ agree with tumblr's views on_
No
>>
>>70456448
>does /pol/ agree with tumblr's views on-
No
>>
lol
>>70456742
>>70456787

hahahahahaha
>>
Makeup is art, but you're just a doodling toddler.
Cheerleading is a sport, but you're not doing it.
Mothering can be a full time job, but the only one who'll hire you to look after a single child fulltime is a husband. Or someone very rich, but you don't have the qualifications they want.

No one's belittling a skilled makeup artist, or a good cheerleader, I hope. Or a great housewive.

We're belittling amateurs who think they're pros.
>>
>>70456448

That women are emtional creatures that need protection because they can't fend for themselves? Cause that seems to be their opinion on women.
>>
>>70456448
I watched a document about how cheerleasers are more prone to injuries than handegg players.
>>
>>70456448
>cheer is a sport
This has actually been tried in court and found not to be the case. It's athletic but legally it is not a sport. But I do agree that the current social trend of disrespecting women who choose traditional femininity is something that should stop. I was watching a few homesteading videos today and it was nice to see families that were happily living by traditional values, including traditional gender roles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpRrEHw9_w
Gets comfy at 3:45
>>
>>70456976
Not much of a surprise. Look at the shit they're pulling, and they have zero safety gear. Turns out being thrown into the air isn't very safe.
>>
>>70456448
It's not a sport unless it has defense and attack.
>>
>>70456976
Cheerleaders as a competitive sport can be dangerous and it does take skill and effort. It's kind of up there with gymnastics. Not on a danger level but on a sport level.

But cheerleading like what you see on the sidelines of basketball/ football is just a bunch of anorexic sluts shaking their fake tits and pom poms. Not much to be impressed with.
>>
>>70457205
This just in, running and weightlifting aren't sports.
>>
>>70457205

I agree, golf is not a sport.
>>
Makeup is lying
Cheering isn't a sport
Mothering isn't important

Things traditionally feminine are traditionally worthless
>>
File: 1456596852603.jpg (188 KB, 477x539) Image search: [Google]
1456596852603.jpg
188 KB, 477x539
>>70456966
this desu
>>
>>70456448
>cheer is a sport.

lol. i mean i do agree with the statement, cheerleaders work very hard at what they do. but still. their 'sport' exists only to cheer on real sports like football. cheerleaders aren't exactly feminist icons.
>>
>>70456448
I don't fucking care what chicks do. The more pushback they get, the louder and more annoying they become, and demand more things.

Gamergaters made Anita Sarkesian a thing.
>>
I don't disagree with any of those except the makeup one. And I while I don't fully disagree, it's definitely a stretch to call it 'art'.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
>>70456976
Yes, cheerleading has a high injury rate. So does garbage collecting but that doesn't make it a sport.
>>
>>70456976
>>70457196
Are you serious? I am not trying to defend football b/c I only watch it during the playoffs but there are so many injuries it is scary. Every game I have watched there have been at least like 5 injury timeouts. They are going full speed and flinging their bodies at each other full force. Do you have a link to that documentary? I find that incredibly hard to believe.
>>
>>70457126
Somebody tried that in court? Wtf? why?
>>
>>70457289
>Mothering isn't important

Mommy issues.
>>
>>70457458
lol this
>>
>>70456448
i agree with that comment yes. although mothering is a job it will never be compensated for with money, theres no exchange and no one stands to benefit besides the mothers family so she shouldnt expect pay
>>
>>70456448
I agree with all of these things. She's basically saying that we should stop holding women to the standards of men. There's nothing wrong with this but I'm not sure she actually realizes that this is what she's saying
>>
>>70457458
Sports are hard to define.

I'd suggest physical activity with no added benefit/productivity, mostly engaged in for its own sake, and some sort of metric by which a competition can be evaluated.
>>70457480
In pro leagues, it probably changes again, because football pushes the body to its biological limits there.
>>
>>70457480
Cheerleaders have a pretty high mortality rate, not to mention injury.

It's calmed down in recent years when they're no longer allowed to do towers more than 3 people high, but before that, cheerleading was much more dangerous.

Penn and Teller did an amazing Bullshit episode on it if you want some statistics and to be entertained by le trash man and his suave silent partner.
>>
>>70457688
But I'm not a mother or anything.

But aren't actual jobs harder than mothering by lightyears?
>>
>>70457494
Think it had something to do with insurance.

>>70457480
What I've heard is they do get injured more but the injuries are much less severe. Most of it's gravity related rather than gravity plus getting squashed by half a dozen 300 lbs players.
>>
>>70457692

But if we should stop holding women to the standards of men, why give them equal rights? If women can't compete with us, why elevate them to the status they have reached in western society? They very clearly can't handle even 1/100th of what men do.
>>
File: is it a sport.jpg (72 KB, 500x904) Image search: [Google]
is it a sport.jpg
72 KB, 500x904
>cheer is a sport
>>
>>70457773
>What I've heard is they do get injured more but the injuries are much less severe.
They aren't, as anyone falling from 5+ meters can tell you. You may only sprain an ankle. You may also fracture your spine. Which happens awfully often for cheerleaders.
>Most of it's gravity related rather than gravity plus getting squashed by half a dozen 300 lbs players.
Yeah, but it's much more gravity. Football players usually don't end up more than a dozen feet up in the sky.
>>
>>70456448
Art has some perspective or truth behind it.
Makeup is desperation, lies, deceit.
Sports include some competition
Cheer supports sports by being jail bait for fans
Full time jobs usually include wages or salary
Being a parent has intrinsic rewards
>>
>>70457695
The legal system decided it's not a sport.

>"Competitive cheer may, some time in the future, qualify as a sport under Title IX," Underhill wrote. "Today, however, the activity is still too underdeveloped and disorganized to be treated as offering genuine varsity athletic participation opportunities for students."

>An activity can be considered a sport under Title IX if it meets specific criteria. It must have coaches, practices, competitions during a defined season and a governing organization. The activity also must have competition as its primary goal -- not merely the support of other athletic teams.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/21/federal-court-rules-cheerleading-sport.html
>>
>>70457919
Do you have any idea how many olympic disciplines you just invalidated?
>>70457989
>The legal system decided it's not a sport.
The legal system decides a lot of dumb shit. Their definition of sport hinges on how many people do it and how well they're organized. Come the fuck on.
>>
>>70457936
>Yeah, but it's much more gravity. Football players usually don't end up more than a dozen feet up in the sky.
Um, what do you call the force that pulls the person down from twelve feet in the air? Pretty sure that's called... GRAVITY.
>>
>>70458129
Do you have any idea how many olympic disciplines are not sports?
>>
File: frozentheme.jpg (113 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
frozentheme.jpg
113 KB, 640x629
>>70457455
Why? This is fucking artistic imo.
>>
>>70457455

I dunno, movie make up is pretty arty. Especially Sci-Fi fantasy stuff. I mean, your average woman putting on some makeup for the day isn't really art but it definitely can be.
>>
>>70458129
Words have meanings. Sorry that they don't conform to your needs but legally cheerleading is not a sport, at least not in the United States. Perhaps in Germany the gal in charge has made things different for you but here, not a sport.
>>
>>70456448

I agree with her 100%. In fact, I would like to see more women embrace more feminine things more intensely. I wish women would get done up just to go out every day and wear feminine clothes. I wish women would embrace traditionally feminine activities like cheer, cooking, sewing, and the like. I wish women could be full time mothers and wives without being look upon with disdain. However, it seems that modern day feminism has made all of those things looked down upon. Men want feminine women who do feminine things. Feminists want to kill feminism and feminine things.
>>
>>70458284
Nice no true scotsman.
>>70458232
Yes. I'm aware. And it affects cheerleaders much more than players. Because they end up higher in the air. And hence they end up with a higher landing speed.

They also lack the protective gear of players.
>>70458358
>Words have meanings.
And the legal system is something else altogether. But I guess if it's the law, that must mean it's automatically correct?
>>
>>70456966
We said, I concur
>>
>>70458129

According to the law Competitive Cheerleading is a sport.
>>
>>70458439
who the fuck are you to invalidate the flow chart?
>>
>>70458439
Having a set of definitions is not "no true scotsman".
>>
>>70456448
the edginess got so boring they are starting to turn normal top kek
>>
>>70456966
Dubs speaks the truth
>>
cheerleading is a dance
>>
>>70458586
I'm so sorry, the poor, valuable chart!
>>70458613
Making up definitions to fit reality into the pockets you like is exactly no true scotsman.

>It doesn't have the criteria I want, so it's no true sport
>>
>>70456966
This
>No one's belittling a great housewive.
The only people who do this are other women.
>>
>>70458807
These criteria are hardly arbitrary. The olympic commitee itself only recognizes competitive activities as sports, opponents having direct impact on each other's performances (which is the one criteria dismissing a lot of olympic events) is only a logical, natural extension of that.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 852x854
>>70456966
Damn
>>
>>70456448
My girlfriend was a cheerleader.
It is a fucking sport, those girls are super talented. Only a retard would argue against it.
Makeup is art, its used quite often in performing arts. I've never heard anyone say otherwise ever.
Mothering isn't a fucking full time job though, You can thank feminism for destroying that, you don't deserve respect if you sit on welfare because you were too stupid to use birth control.
>>
>>70459022
>opponents having direct impact on each other's performances (which is the one criteria dismissing a lot of olympic events) is only a logical, natural extension of that.
It's a narrowing extension, but one that makes no sense. Why do you have to directly impact your opponent in a sport? Is there any actual reason for this?

Why is there a need for a referee? Do we cease to have sports once we have sentient AI?
>>
We need stronger mothers to stop raising huge pussies in the west.
>>
Mothering IS a fulltime job, which is why I believe it is best for the child to be raised by a mother who stays at home.
The decay of the family unit really started when women started to work rather than raise their families.
>>
>>70458303
*degenerate
>>
>>70459162
Because that is the nature of competition. It means one against another - the immediate fight is important.
Otherwise you could just make the opponents sit on other ends of the world and have them "compete". What is the point of gathering athletes in one spot if it's not even necessary for the "sport"?
>>
>>70459387
>Otherwise you could just make the opponents sit on other ends of the world and have them "compete".
Sure, that happens a lot. Striving for records and whatnot.
>What is the point of gathering athletes in one spot if it's not even necessary for the "sport"?
Honestly, the biggest one is funding. Media presence.

But there's also the factor of equal conditions for everyone.

I still don't see a justification for the separation between "pseudosport" and "sport". It would be far more logical to narrow between sport and interacting sport.
>>
>>70456448
Her comment actually isn't that bad, I like women being traditional mothers and engaging in classical feminine activities.
>>
>>70459022
>The olympic commitee itself only recognizes competitive activities as sports
>there are tons of cheerleading competitions every year in America
>>
>>70458129
Olympics are based on ancient military theory and application
t. Tom Clancy
>>
>>70460241
Ah, yes. The ancient military theory and application behind apehoop, table tennis, and cycling truly is amazing.
>>
>>70456448
> Mothering can be a full time job.
" Then can you please talk to us about the job's hirer, contract, level of difficulty, pay and requirements. Also please explain why does society make this job - which is objectively nowehere near dangerous - accessible only to female individuals, in comparison to, let's say, soldiers or coal miners, who tend to be all male jobs."
>>
>>70457919
Competitive chess/go are "races" by this flowchart.
>>
File: 1455174462651.jpg (43 KB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
1455174462651.jpg
43 KB, 856x480
>>70460469
>hirer,
Husband
>contract,
Marriage contract
>level of difficulty,
No formal qualification required
>pay
Food and rent, as well as further necessary expenditures. Additional income depends on the means of the employer.
>and requirements
Functioning uterus.
> Also please explain why does society make this job - which is objectively nowehere near dangerous - accessible only to female individuals, in comparison to, let's say, soldiers or coal miners, who tend to be all male jobs.
It doesn't, biology does. As of now, a functional uterus is still required to bear children.
>>
File: 1457057290106.jpg (175 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
1457057290106.jpg
175 KB, 760x596
>>70456448

Im not sure if thats a tumblr view, but part of the problem is we shame women who are attracted to feminine roles in life. So I agree with this on that basis alone. Lets stop shaming women who want to be mothers interested in raising the next generation of YOUR kids.
>>
>>70457919
I want to see an eating competition with referees where competitors can affect each other's performance.
>>
>>70460642
Meanwhile, F1/Nascar isn't a race.
>>
>>70456966
Yeah I think we're done here.
>>
>>70456976
That is mainly because it has horrible safety regulations unlike other sports. Trainers barely need to know first aid to be qualified, and the companies sponsoring competive cheer events are also the ones responsible for regulating it.

Cheering would be very safe if they gave a fuck about safety.
>>
>>70460930
They are.
>>
>>70461491
If you think motor racing doesn't require physical exertion, you're an idiot.
>>
>>70456448
>makeup is art
Directly translates to "I'm a whore give me attention"
>>
>>70460758
> husband
A boss is supposed has enough power to tell you what to do, otherwise you will be fired, so a husband doesn't qualify as a boss

>Marriage contract
There's no formal signed contract that requires women to act in a certain way. So it doesn't qualify as a contract

>No formal qualification required
lol true

>pay
it's never explicitly mentionned, nor implied, that the goods/services a mother gets from her husband are a compensation to the services she offers as a mother, for all we know it could be charity. Also a salary is suppsed to be well defined, in this case it isn't. so it doesn't qualify as a pay

>and requirements
Not true. Mothering in this context is not birth giving. it's the services of taking care of the kids, the household and the husband. so an uterus is not the right answer

>It doesn't, biology does. As of now, a functional uterus is still required to bear children.
No, an uterus has nothing to do with this. Society will not tolerate a man staying in his home taking care of the kids while the woman provides. it's not illegale but it's forwned upon by society. you're gonna say that nobody gives a shit about what society thinks, well society thinks of a woman as a sex object and Tumblr is eager to change that so appearently they do care. Women have to privilege of not being shamed by society out of their homes to earn their daily food. Meanwhile. men get DRAFTED to battlefield in war times, they have no say in the matter, it's an obligation. but women dont get treated the same way, it's not an expecation set by society, it's a law set by the legal system, this transcends the concept of 'privilge' to become a sexist law.

another thing, women use the argument of the mothership to have more rights over the offspring ( rights to abortion and custody that men never dream of ).If men ever say that they're the ones who defend the country in times of war so that gives them more rights over it, they're gonna get crucified.
>>
>>70456448
men don't belittle these things, feminists do.
>>
>>70456448
>>70456742
>>70456787

You realize that tumblr is not some monolithic "culture" where everyone holds identical opinions, don't you?

Of course you don't. Some of you automatically hold the "right" opinions without giving them much thought, just like SJWs, both on and off tumblr, do.There are people on there that hate SWJs too.
>>
So we're no longer supposed to differentiate between professions and passions?

So... Is being a NEET a legitimate / honorable way of life as of now? I'm quite passionate about it.
>>
>>70457758
Depends on the child, and the job in question.
>>
>>70459191
>performance makeup is degenerate

That's it, I've heard everything.
>>
>>70464084
So when someone is a full time mother who doesn't need to get a real job it means their husband or wife makes enough to support their whole family.

A job like that. Is the husband's job in this case harder or equal to the mother's?
>>
>>70456448
>makeup is art
>is
it can be, but usually isn't
>cheer is a sport
>is
it can be, but usually isn't
>mothering can be a full time job
>can
it is, it's called life

jesus christ, these people live exactly opposite to reality
>>
>>70464238
I'm not a feminist or a dyke or anything like that (I'm actually pregnant and very happy to be)..

but I'd rather work 8 hours a day than be a housewife/homemaker. Chores just suck, and mothering doesn't end at punching a clock. I will work again in the near future.
>>
>>70464648
Grats on the baby. What does your husband/boyfriend do for a living?
>>
>>70458303
Yep, right up there with finger painting with period blood.
>>
>>70457126
I fucking love homesteaders, they all look so fucking happy.
>>
File: nm.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
nm.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>70456966
>>
>>70456448
I don't even know what xir is insinuating.
>>
>>70465004

STEALTH
T
E
A
L
T
H
>>
>>70456448
I have zero problem with women embracing the traditional female roles.
What pisses me off is when they try and fulfil male tasks and then cry sexism when by physicality or mentality they find themselves unable to compete.
>>
>>70457266

They're not, they're competitive exercise.
>>
>>70467248
Competitive shitposter.
>>
>>70456966
This is...damn this is perfectly written
>>
>>70457289
I think you meant to post on /r9k/ senpai
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.