[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/co lorado-juries-letting-pe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: MLG_Traffic_adverts.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
MLG_Traffic_adverts.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/colorado-juries-letting-people-driving-weed-prosecutors-furious/

Got into a heated discussion today with 10 dudeweedlmaos today when I refused to back down from my stance that people shouldn't be allowed to drive high. After a while of going back and forth, people resorted to name-calling until I finally left the discussion. A man I've been friends with for a while unfriended me over it, since "he doesn't associate with people who blatantly ignore facts". I made the point several times throughout the argument that this was merely a personal belief and opinion that I held and wasn't trying to force anyone to change their mind, but apparently this wasn't good enough for them. The post ended up getting deleted entirely when another person showed up and started to defend me and was agreeing with what I was saying.

TL;DR really dumb argument with dudeweedlmaos about driving while high goes no where. Surprise, surprise.

What are your views on this /pol/? I'm curious to find out.
>>
I'm a dudeweedlmao and anyone that believes people should be able to drive high is probably underage or mentally deficient.
>>
i drive high all the time. fuck, i smoke while driving and have been for 10+ years

whats the big deal
>>
>driving while under the influence of anything
You definitely shouldn't be allowed to drive while on anything that affects your perception, but you could even argue that you shouldn't be allowed to drive while on anything that affects your mental state or at the least makes you more prone to aggression.
>>
File: 1457469777874.gif (249 KB, 250x290) Image search: [Google]
1457469777874.gif
249 KB, 250x290
>>70450757
It's a skill that takes hours upon hours of learning, just like driving drunk.

The weed slows reaction times and dulls attention exactly like alcohol.
Don't drive while under the influence. Or on the other hand, drive a lot and learn the what and what nots
>>
>>70450757
I've been driving high as Fuck for years now. When I'm sober I get mad easily at all the shit drivers around here and eventually succumb to road rage but when I'm high I just fall back and keep on rolling with a big ass smile on my face. Some asshat cuts me off? I just fall back and smile at him when I see the wreck later on. All it does is make me a passive driver which really isn't a bad thing imo
>>
>>70451062
>slowed reaction time
>the dulling of the senses
>decrease in motor function ability
that's basically like saying that drinking and driving is not a big deal
[spoiler] it is [/spoiler]
>>
File: 4261729-eddie+munster.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
4261729-eddie+munster.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>70450757
>>70450858

I've driven high and I've driven slightly drunk.

Driving drunk is many times more dangerous than driving high. If you are drunk enough, you will have an accident.

Driving high is more complicated. I've done stupid things while driving high, much like the sort of stupid things people do while talking on a cell phone. But I think that should be illegal too.

So. I think driving while high should be illegal, it should not carry the kind of penalty that driving drunk carries. It should carry the same sort of penalty that driving while talking on a cell phone carries, which in my state, NC, unfortunately is no penalty at all.
>>
>>70451406
Also this. You definitely have to get used to it first.
>>
File: a4614met-art_ry_115_10.jpg (143 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
a4614met-art_ry_115_10.jpg
143 KB, 683x1024
>>70451406
>just like driving drunk.

that needs clarification. someone falling down drunk cannot drive. period.
>>
>>70451482
then maybe you should get some help for your anger management problems instead of relying on weed to fix it for you so that you're not endangering the lives of other people around you
>>
>>70450757
Bootlicking nigger just trying to extort more money from drivers and increase prison population over a non issue that can't even be fairly tested for. Go join MAAD you mad fairy faggot
>>
>>70451062
FUCK YOU for endangering lives
>>
>>70450757
I just drove 8 hours down to So-Cal on a busy ass freeway in the rain, which if any of you live in California, you will know how shit our traffic and drivers can be.
And then two days later drove it again home.
I was high both times for most of the drive.

No accidents, no close calls, no problems.

People who talk about drug use and its effects seldom know them from a first hand perspective.
>>
>>70451730
You mean like take medicine or pay a Jew doctor to tell you to calm down? Fuck off kikeberg
>>
>>70451852
>proving my point
>>
>>70450858
Seconding this

Why would one ever advocate handling heavy machinery while intoxicated? That must be some strong shit they are smoking
>>
>>70451845
then you are lucky, and I suggest you don't do it again
>>
File: christie_dance.gif (4 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
christie_dance.gif
4 MB, 480x480
>>70451568
>>slowed reaction time
>>the dulling of the senses
>>decrease in motor function ability

I don't think weed does those things.

weed makes me stupid. You know those "Wrong Way" signs that supposedly help people keep off of the interstate on-ramps in the wrong direction? I've been driving high, and I saw one of those signs over to the side, for the other ramp, and I thought it was for me, and I panicked.

driving while high is merely driving while stupid. like driving while talking on a cell phone. it's not anything like driving while drunk.
>>
>>70451730
>anger management
That's a funny way to spell cuckold.
>>
>>70452008
Or your perception of the effects of THC is incorrect...
Weed isn't a one size fits all mate, its highly situational, and well as highly individual as to how it will effect you. Different strains also have different cannabinoids that effect you differently.
When I drive, I am always alert because my brain doesn't let me be bored while travelling in a 2 tons piece of roaring machinery travelling at speeds in excess of 10 times what humans are biologically meant to in conjunction with 30 million other drivers in my state. I have no idea how anyone can ever be distracted or bored in that situation.
>>
>>70452056
>Marijuana significantly impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, and studies have found a direct relationship between blood THC concentration and impaired driving ability.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving
>>
>>70452434
...so you mean like how people can drive because they can build a tolerance to weed so it, "doesn't affect them"...just like alcohol.
>>
>>70452754
No. Alcohol lowers inhibition so you're not really thinking about things going wrong. If you're high on the other hand your imagination gets especially vivid and any situation that seems unsafe will put a very vivid image of your own death in your head that tells you to slow your ads down and be careful. If you have a higher tolerance you just won't get that high and that pretty much nullifies being impaired in the first place because you can basically be normal.
>>
>>70453246
>If you have a higher tolerance you just won't get that high and that pretty much nullifies being impaired in the first place because you can basically be normal.

That exact argument can literally be applied to heavy drinkers who have built up a tolerance to alcohol.
>>
>>70450757
You lost nothing of value.
>>
I agree with you. From personal experience and the fact that weed slows your reactions
>>
>>70453464
The difference is alcoholics compensate by drinking more without realizing how strong of an effect ingesting more alcohol has. Weed just maxes out and you're done. Your body won't really be affected apart from fatigue.
>>
>>70453744
>Weed just maxes out and you're done.
give me a scientific source on this that doesn't come from high times magazine
>>
>>70453947
I can only cite personal experience right now. I'll look it up if this thread is still alive later.
>>
>>70450757
You stated facts, they reacted emotionally.
You lost nothing of value today, keep living the good life.
>>
>>70450757
THC stays in the blood for more than two months for regular users. There is a case to be made that any marijuana user should never be allowed to drive.

Off-topic, but there is a similar case to be made against SSRI users being allowed to operate any heavy machinery including cars.
>>
File: 1453944004259.jpg (44 KB, 640x911) Image search: [Google]
1453944004259.jpg
44 KB, 640x911
>>70450757
i always drive high. you dont have to believe me when i say i drive better high but i do. my other friends also drive high and when we drive high together we spot so many other people fucking up driving that we say "and we're high." some people cant do it, we can.
>>
>>70454519
Yeah, that is a problem. Personally I think if they're planning on nationally legalizing weed, there needs to be some development in more accurate testing done so you can figure out if the person had only just recently smoked or if it was two days ago. Plus a way to factor in a legal limit scenario too for those who are barely high and for those who don't know the name of their own mother.
>>
File: cookie.jpg (5 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
cookie.jpg
5 KB, 274x184
>>70454924
oh good for you, you didn't accidentally kill anyone with your highly risky behavior

you want a fucking cookie?
>>
>>70454948
you would need to factor in tolerance. a regular smoker isnt going to be as stoned as an occasional smoker from a jay. how would a legal limit be fair?
>>
>>70455214
how would it be risky when im not fucking up at the wheel. the only way i would get into an accident high is if someone else decided to ram my car
>>
>>70455373
again, this exact same argument can be made for alcohol
>>
I bought some edibles in Colorado and I don't think anyone high should ever be behind the wheel.
One time I ate two edibles and I was losing my fucking mind. I could barely handle sitting in the passenger seat in a parking lot waiting for my friend to buy chocolate covered pretzels. Another day I had an edible and found myself in a situation where I needed to drive somewhere by myself. I was coming down from a high but even then, my mind would be somewhere else while driving. I would briefly snap out of it and wonder if I'm still in the same lane as before, if I passed the turn, etc.
It's not safe for driving. People saying THEY drive just fine while high is about as meaningful as people saying they drive just fine while drunk. It's anecdotal horseshit and has no place in making traffic laws.
>>
>>70455373
also, if you're tolerance for weed is really that high than maybe you should consider cutting back for a while.
>>
>>70455676
edibles are stronger than smoking. i thought there was no such thing as "too high" until i ate too much edible.
>>
>>70450757
I'll take the b8 m8, 1st r8.

Weed doesn't do what you think it does. It's not alcohol. Turns out that chemicals in the brain are way more nuanced. Let's go with two suppositions, one we will agree with to provide the framework for discussion, the other we will not, this is the discussion .

1. Those who are not capable of driving endanger those who are capable of driving by overestimating their capability.

2. THC does not have an established effect on a person's ability to drive. There is no data to support this.
>>
>>70456085
i do everytime it gets too high, which is like every other month. having tolerance makes weed an expensive habit so i take a break and i come back in a month or two.
>>
>>70455373
So what you're saying is... make a law that only authorizes weed-tolerant people to drive with only a small amount of weed in their system?
I'm interested in hearing how the state will distinguish someone's tolerance and how they can measure how much THC is in their system with a method about as fast as a breathalyzer
>>
>>70450757
Denver here. I got rear ended by a guy who was high as fuck last week. AMA
>>
>>70456220
>There is no data to support this.
Except there is, you dumb fucking nigger
>drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis of evidence from epidemiological studies. Accid Anal Prev. 2013;60:254-267. doi:10.1016/j.aap.2012.06.017.
>Ramaekers JG, Berghaus G, van Laar M, Drummer OH. Dose related risk of motor vehicle crashes after cannabis use. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2004;73(2):109-119.
>Asbridge M, Hayden JA, Cartwright JL. Acute cannabis consumption and motor vehicle collision risk: systematic review of observational studies and meta-analysis. BMJ. 2012;344:e536. doi:10.1136/bmj.e536.
>>
>>70456594
How are you going to handle all the dudeweedlmaos who are about to tell you it doesn't count or accuse you of lying?
>>
>>70456594
Storytime? Let's hear it.
>>
>>70450757
>high school problems
>>
>>70452056
>I don't think weed does those things.
>think
>>
>>70450757
speed limits here are around 80-100 kmh
my bro tokes up and goes like 130-140.
im surprised he has not died yet desu. hes pretty dumb.
>>
>>70456594
did he try to say he wasn't high because he thought his tolerance level was high enough where it wouldn't affect him?
>>
Being a tranny, chink, or woman is worse for driving than being a bit high.
>>
>>70453744
>Weed just maxes out

I used to get so high that I couldn't move lmao. That's the max
>>
>>70456799
Shitposting I guess.

>>70456859
>Going to work last Tuesday
>Making a right at a small stoplight intersection off a residential street.
>Construction on the corner
>Flagman steps out to halt traffic to let one of their trucks out
>I stop comfortably, dudeweedbro doesn't
>Bitching when I ask for his insurance info that his rates are going up
>Told him he smelled like a Cypress Hill concert and he shut up

>>70457138
Nah, capitulated because I didn't call the cops.
>>
File: b4a.jpg (17 KB, 619x619) Image search: [Google]
b4a.jpg
17 KB, 619x619
>>70457179
oh (you)
>>
>>70457249
>>Bitching when I ask for his insurance info that his rates are going up
lmao what cunt, how much you want to bet that this isn't his first time he's done this and that's why his insurance rates are going up
>>
>>70456671
STEALTH RARE
>>
>>70458222
Good eye
>>
>>70457630
He initially suggested I get an estimate and he'd pay for it. I said fuck that for precisely that reason.
>>
>>70458378
good, maybe he'll learn his lesson and not drive high anymore (doubt it)
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.