[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Value of Western Civilization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: hector.jpg (84 KB, 423x550) Image search: [Google]
hector.jpg
84 KB, 423x550
Why shouldn't Western civilization be destroyed? What Goodness comes out of it continuing to exist?
>>
>What goodness comes out of it continuing to exist?

Literally everything
>>
File: 1460082187549.jpg (111 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
1460082187549.jpg
111 KB, 800x1020
>>70447117
>Literally everything
Could you be more specific?
>>
>>70446373
None really. It's just a fucking meme.

>>70447117
See? For every one good thing the West has created, it's destroyed three good ones.
>>
>>70447302
homoerotic art
>>
>>70446373
a desire to improve the lives of society by progressing scene and increasing knowledge unfortunately high jacked by business interests as an excuse to exploit native peoples in less developed countries
>>
>>70446373
If it weren't for Western Civilisation, the world would be filled with niggers in sand huts and sandnigger islamics warring with eachother with swords and rocks
>>
>>70446373
Wrong question.
Why should non-western cultures not be destroyed?
>>
File: 20140824-01d49ce0c617f444.jpg (26 KB, 517x322) Image search: [Google]
20140824-01d49ce0c617f444.jpg
26 KB, 517x322
>>70448029
Yeah, on the side of the wall that doesn't matter.
>>
>>70447888
>high jacked by business interests as an excuse to exploit native peoples in less developed countries
thanks for acknowledging this atleast

many posters here like to jerk themselves off and talk about how the USA is the center of everything, like this guy >>70448029
>>
>>70448029
You realize you literally just described the modern age, right? If it hadn't been for the West and your kike masters, the niggers would be nearly or completely extinct by now, and the muslims wouldn't be camel-fucking warlords except in the most utterly backward parts of the Middle East. The West LITERALLY caused this state of affairs through its own actions.
>>
>>70448287
And no other non-western culture has ever attempted to do this right?
>>
File: Hector (1).jpg (14 KB, 290x254) Image search: [Google]
Hector (1).jpg
14 KB, 290x254
>>70447320
>None really. It's just a fucking meme.
I didn't think we'd hit it this early in the thread. This is exactly what Western Civilization is; a meme, something which perpetuates itself for the sake of perpetuation and nothing else.

> For every one good thing the West has created, it's destroyed three good ones.
Precisely. Even leftists, championing "sustainability", fall into the pro-Western belief in eternal progress, meaning that the clubbing of a baby seal is "good" insofar as the baby seal's demographics are replenished at a faster rate than they are diminished or are kept stable. This is similar to the white nationalist belief that the number of "whites" in the world should be continuously increased, for the memetic purpose of whiteness existing indefinitely with no goal in mind other than survival and comfort.

>a desire to improve the lives of society by progressing scene and increasing knowledge
I assume you meant to type "science". What does Western Civilization improve about the lives of Westerners and non-Westerners and why does "science" and "knowledge"? Why do you think that "business interests" are fundamentally disconnected from Western Civilization? Wasn't the expansion of Western Civilization and the "improvement" of society intrinsically tied to the expansion of business interests?

>>70448034
>Wrong question.
>Why should non-western cultures not be destroyed?
Wrong paradigm, there are not only two options. Why shouldn't non-Western and Western civilizations be replaced with the inception of a -better- civilization?
>>
>>70448540
of course they did, that makes western civilisation not that different from the others so I dont understand how full of oneself and drowned in pride can one be
Its not like that one guy influenced it by a large degree, he couldve just as easily been born in Somalia or Congo or wherever.
>>
>>70446373
your whitey grandpa.. NO,

YOU literally came from their asses moron
>>
>>70448745
>Precisely.
It's actually getting so bad that all the "progress" the hypercapitalist Reaganites have made has destroyed not just society, people or the environment (none of which they give a flying fuck about, because they're abject sociopaths), but is now actively tearing apart THEIR OWN goals. Suits them right. Chickens always come home to roost eventually. I just wish so much damage weren't done to myself before the rich have to get theirs the cunts.
>>
>>70446373
It should I prefer barbarism is barbarism maintains my race.
>>
>>70449138
>barbarism maintains my race.
Barbarism is what's ending your shitty race. You're just too much of a violent, savage barbarian you can't grasp that's what did it. Ruthless, violent capitalism is what will end you and mix all your children with niggers and mexicans, idiot.

Your own pet philosphies and beliefs are precisely what will kill you. Because they're evil.
>>
>>70448745
Why did you make this thread?
>>
File: hector2.jpg (180 KB, 720x515) Image search: [Google]
hector2.jpg
180 KB, 720x515
>>70449007
Firstly, are you implying there is something inherently good about me, then? Secondly, are you implying that because something precedes me, or anyone, that the preceding thing is inherently worse praising? Should I be a pro-Protozoan, then? Should I preach the Gospel of single-celled organismhood simply because that is one of the things that preceded me evolutionary?

>>70449055
While we are all victims of Nature and Nature's greatest civilization engine, the West, we shouldn't simply look out for ourselves but have empathy for all victims, past, present and most importantly future.

>>70449138
Perfect example of a conclusion one shouldn't come to. Falling into the paradigm of pagan tribalism versus the "civilization" of the West will only make things worse.

>>70449512
Why did you reply to it?
>>
>>70449334
Barbarism and your ideologies and morals of anti racism and egalitarianism don't exist only my will and my ability to carry it out.

The future will be Barbarous.
>>
File: bombthemosque.jpg (18 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
bombthemosque.jpg
18 KB, 279x304
>>70449735
>>
File: 1460024842367.png (115 KB, 1160x420) Image search: [Google]
1460024842367.png
115 KB, 1160x420
>>70446373
>Why shouldn't Western civilization be destroyed? What Goodness comes out of it continuing to exist?

You knowing enough to ask this question and to contemplate the morality of it is thanks to western civilization.

Your "fellow americans" include people who are one generation away from worshipping trees or killing animals to appease people in the sky.

Remove western civilization and that's all you get. There is no rival enlightenment to take the place of the first one.

Secular thought and modern western values that are now spread through culture across the world, and adopted as if it were a natural thing for lesser peoples, is gone with the west. The move to democratize and civilize the rest of the world will just have been a brief flicker of a light, a hiccup on the road of brutality and barbarism.
>>
>>70446373
Stability
>>
>>70446373
Depends of what you consider western civilization...
>>
>>70447302
i like si=cience, secularism, clean cities, other super cool exclusively western things. Also not islamic so bonus 50 points.
>>
File: oval2.jpg (34 KB, 600x425) Image search: [Google]
oval2.jpg
34 KB, 600x425
>>70450410
>You knowing[...]
No, it isn't. I would wager it is largely thanks to Greek philosophy, which is a conglomerate of proto-pro-Western and proto-anti-Western perspectives, not belonging to the West itself, in addition to an intuitive feeling in some people to be able to "morally" navigate the world, regardless of origin.

However, I will agree to disagree; even if the West was solely responsible for me being able to comprehend this, why would it matter if Western civilization turns out to be ignoble?

Imagine a monolith you encounter. The breadth of it is so expansive that you cannot see to the other side. You climb the monolith. At the top, with the perspective this brings, you see that shadow it casts has turned a beautiful and peaceful meadow into a soulless graveyard. Simply because the monolith allows you see what it does, does that mean that it is superior to the life in the meadow?

>Your "fellow americans"[...]
This is conjecture, however, if I can infer what you are trying to say, I'd mention that second-generation immigrants from Mexico hardly worship idols ala Santa Muerte. Also, didn't your ancestors have a divine respect for trees, going so far as to place their sites of worship in their presence and have a conception of the world as a tree? I am all for the worship of trees, however, killing animals is barbarous.

>Remove western civilization and that's all you get[..]
If there was no Western civilization before Western civilization that obviously means there was a moment when it was formed; this was an improvement in your opinion. Does it not follow that a rival civilization, of a different kind of enlightenment, could be formed in response to the ignobility of the West, capitalizing on its (inevitable) decline?

>Secular thought [...]
Why is democratization a good thing, especially if you believe non-Westerners are too "uncivilized" and "lesser" as a whole?
>>
>>70449834
>your ideologies and morals of anti racism and egalitarianism
Lol you stupid faggot. I should know better than to expect literacy from 4chan by now. Those are YOUR MASTERS' ideals, NOT mine. You're just so stupid you think your Reagan meme masters give half a fucking shit about your skin color. They don't. They want slave labor. And mixing your children with browns is the cheapest way for them to get that. IF you weren't such a disgusting subhuman barbarian, you would have the intelligence and good judgement to see your way out of this mess. Instead, you just keep getting herded into the same pens they want you to over and over and over again. It's disgusting watching this diseased carnival play out like this time and again. It would end if we'd just force the stupid like you to stop breeding. Then you could stop spreading your vile idealogical garbage, and your masters would have nobody willing to listen and they'd get lynched in the street as they deserve for destroying literally every facet of life on this planet.

>The future will be Barbarous.
There you're absolutely right.
>>
>>70452100

>conglomerate

You tried to sound smart, top wew know-nothing Amerilard
>>
>>70447117

>What goodness comes out of it continuing to exist?

Modern science, hospital, vaccine, plane, car, internet, television, nearly all
>>
>>70446373

You being able to shitpost, right now.
>>
File: statue.jpg (14 KB, 305x429) Image search: [Google]
statue.jpg
14 KB, 305x429
>>70452359
You are descended from criminals, your nation is no better than my own. You obviously know nothing, since you are too intellectually lazy to form a genuine counter-argument and try to poke a hole in what I'm saying by perceiving a mistake where this is none.

Australians like you (whose ancestors likely consist mainly of rapists and misers, rather than simple bread thieves, without the willpower to overcome your piss-poor genetics) should be sterilized along with the majority of Abos for being genetically predestined to mental and moral retardation.

>>70452521
>Modern science, hospital, vaccine, plane, car, internet, television, nearly all
What is noble and Good about these things? This is like saying a faster engine is good because it makes cars go faster than they did before. Why do you gotta go fast?

>>70452692
So based on the original question, it isn't shitposting?

>>70450730
Clearly Western paranoia in this thread makes it clear that Western civilization is not as stable as you make it out to be.
>>
File: justwhitepeoplethings1.png (462 KB, 666x412) Image search: [Google]
justwhitepeoplethings1.png
462 KB, 666x412
>>70452100
>not belonging to the West itself

You dressed up a "we're all Africans man" reply real well.

> even if the West was solely responsible for me being able to comprehend this

Western civilization. You were able to comprehend it as a concept well enough to ask the question in the OP. Clearly you're now feigning ignorance to just deny it even exists.

> Imagine a monolith

Imagine your made up false analogy? No.

> This is conjecture

No, it's a fact. You have people right now cutting the foreskins of babies to appease their goatherder god. That's the modern world living next to people that much closer to chimps.

>I am all for the worship of trees, however, killing animals is barbarous.

You're an idiot pretending to be smart and you missed the entire point. Your "fellow americans" and your fellow humans are two weeks of grocery items away from anarchy. Many of them never got the message of enlightenment, they actively pursue their spirits and sand gods right now.

There is only one historical split from that dark nightmare we live next to, and you - the product of it - use its knowledge and distance to say "pff who needs it anyway".
The blood sacrifices are right there, you're clearly compelled to revert back rather than ascend.

> Does it not follow that a rival civilization, of a different kind of enlightenment, could be formed in response to the ignobility of the West

Sure. Where is it?

> Why is democratization a good thing

It's not. It's the worst system of governance except all others that have been tried.

t. Churchill
>>
>>70452100
greek philosophy is a part of western civilization
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.