[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched a documentary about Hiroshima I really hate this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 20
File: 1425244953045.png (465 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
1425244953045.png
465 KB, 800x1020
I just watched a documentary about Hiroshima
I really hate this country now, stop pretending like Japs deserved it, too many innocent people died because of it
>>
>>70441211
Fuck it, I'll take the bait.
As opposed to a mainland invasion?
>>
>>70441303
Yes, nuking them was overdoing it
>>
>>70441211
Not using the bomb would have resulted in a war like Vietnam, but on a larger scale.
Japs were fucking crazier than isis, but they aren't retarded like isis
>>
>>70441211
Watch pic related, it will cure you.
>>
>>70441398

They didn't surrender after the first nuke.
So how was it overdoing it exactly? Seems like the perfect amount to me.
>>
>>70441398
So you're telling me that an invasion walking all the way across the country would have yielded less deaths than 146,000 people?
>>
>>70441303
>this is what Americans actually believe
kek
>>
>>70441698
Yes, anything but fucking throwing a nuke on them
Nuke was absolutely overdoing it
stop believing American propaganda
>>
>>70441871
There were 50k deaths on Iwo Jima alone. A fucking rock a thousandth the size of the mainland. Civilian casualties were minimal. You're saying that marching through the entire country would yield less than the bombs? Hell, the civilian casualties alone would be larger than if 4 bombs had been dropped.
>>
>>70441211
You fucking autistic dumbass, a mainland invasion would've resulted in MILLIONS of deaths for Japanese and US Soldiers. Japan was prepared to fight to the death with every man and woman possible. If any of your grandparents fought in WW2, you probably wouldn't fucking exist right now if we didn't drop the bomb.

Oh, and btw, bombing raids killed like 5X more people then the nukes.

more info -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmIBbcxseXM
>>
>>70442565
Japan was trying to surrender so they wouldn't get assraped by the Soviets. Dropping nukes was not necessary. Mainland invasion would never have happened either way. It was a dick move, and only Americans are dumb enough to still believe that it was in any way justified. The targets were portrayed in American media as "military targets", not civilian population centers. Wonder why?
>>
"...in [July] 1945... Secretary of War Stimson, visiting my headquarters in Germany, informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question the wisdom of such an act. ...the Secretary, upon giving me the news of the successful bomb test in New Mexico, and of the plan for using it, asked for my reaction, apparently expecting a vigorous assent.

"During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face'. The Secretary was deeply perturbed by my attitude..."

- Dwight Eisenhower
>>
"...the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing."

- Ike on Ike, Newsweek, 11/11/63
>>
>>70442857
Who cares Japan starts a war then wants to cry when they get their shit raped.

Waaaa I'm big cry baby, big old us of a dropping those dirty nukes.

Dropping those bombs was more than just trying to end the war. It was a political statement that solidified Americas might.
>>
>>70441871
I don't think you realize the lengths Japanese soldiers would go through to kill American soldiers.
>>
watch this and realize that Mengele didn't have shit compared to the 731 camp.
>>
after the bombs exploded the radiation seeped into the jap's minds and gave them the idea of anime. also 'murica needed to test out it's new toys on a city. win-win
>>
File: 09_smallnw_02.jpg (139 KB, 1000x584) Image search: [Google]
09_smallnw_02.jpg
139 KB, 1000x584
>>70441211
>stop pretending like Japs deserved it, too many innocent people died because of it
>>
>>70443455
True story? I think so.
>>
I don't know why people get so butthurt over the atomic bombs. Far more people died from the conventional bombing campaigns on Tokyo and other Japenese cities. Do you know how nasty napalm is? Shit fucking sticks to your skin and causes severe burns, asphyxiation, etc. I think I'd rather be vaporized by an atomic bomb.

WW2 and WW1 were both just brutal wars all around.
>>
>>70443614
>atomic
>>
>>70442857
>Japan was trying to surrender so they wouldn't get assraped by the Soviets.
Sure didn't look like it, since they tanked that first nuke without even flinching.
>>
File: Fat_Man_Assembled_Tinian_1945_0.jpg (237 KB, 1600x1202) Image search: [Google]
Fat_Man_Assembled_Tinian_1945_0.jpg
237 KB, 1600x1202
>>70441656
>They didn't surrender after the first nuke.

First reports were hysteric. That was the first nuke so they had no reference. Took time to digest the horror.
>>
If the Japs were like the Muslims they would still be complaining about this atrocity and blowing everyone up over it.

But they, and Germany got over it and now are 2 of the most productive countries on earth.

Geez what would happen id the Middle East experienced a real war...
>>
dont be a commie fag
>>
File: Popcorn.jpg (6 KB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
Popcorn.jpg
6 KB, 255x191
Stupid japs deserve it
>>
>>70443614
This, I prefer evaporating in an instant over getting my legs blown off, my house turned to shit, seeing my friends die and constantly living without knowing whether I survive or not, and even if I do, all my shit is destroyed.

And taking a look at the fucking stupid warmongering Japan did as well as their mistreatement of POWs, they would have made sure their own people suffer a lot as well.

Dropping that thing was one of the best decisions made during WW II
>>
File: w21_08241199.jpg (403 KB, 1247x908) Image search: [Google]
w21_08241199.jpg
403 KB, 1247x908
>>70441871
>Nuke was absolutely overdoing it
agreed but even the US was shocked by the effects.
>>
>>70443808
>First reports were hysteric. That was the first nuke so they had no reference. Took time to digest the horror.
Hearsay.
>>
>>70441303
>American education
Those niggers were on the verge of surrendering. There was never gonna be an invasion
>>
>>70443937
Except when you survive the nuclear bombing as well.
>>
>>70443075

They said they wanted peace with us right before Pearl Harbor. Why would we take the risk of them lying again?
>>
Nukes are something that should never have been invented.

Then again, they were the reason there hasn't been a WW3 yet. I feel conflicted.
>>
>>70444010

That explains why they immediately surrendered after the first one was dropped

Oh wait...
>>
>>70444010
They weren't going to agree to an unconditional surrender and the removal of their emperor.
>>
>>70444234
Educate yourself, retard. There are dozens of quotes from various military personnel that stated it was excessive. We used an invasion as a scapegoat to put Russia in its place
>>
Firebombing was worse than nuclear bombing. At least with a nuclear bomb everyone dies all at once.
>>
>>70443841
>Geez what would happen id the Middle East experienced a real war...

How many neutron bombs would it take?
>>
Weren't the Japs told by the yanks that they were going to drop the bombs and the Japs didn't tell the citzens? If anyway is to blame blame the Imperial Japs.

Do you hate yourself for being white because of slavery?Do you hate yourself for being a man because women get raped? Do you hate yourself for being American because lesser countries have fallen to your might?

Really just get over the past learn from it sure but don't dwell.
>>
>>70444188

WW3 without nukes > what we have now
>>
It would have been more humane to fire bomb every city.
>>
>>70441211

FUN FACT TIME

EVERY SINGLE PURPLE HEART AWARDED IN KOREA, NAM, TRASHCANISTAN, AND IRAQ..
AND EVER ONE AWARDED TO FUTURE WAR PARTICIPANT WERE MADE DURING THE SAME MONTH FOR THE SAME REASON.

IN PREPARATION FOR THE INVASION OF MAINLAND JAPAN.
>>
Japanese were indoctrinated into believing American GIs would literally eat their children. You can find footage of women hurling their babies off cliffs, and then themselves on islands that the US took.

There was absolutely no way to invade mainland Japan without immense civilian and military causalities. This was an empire that would refuse to surrender, that would fight to the bitter end.

It might seem barbaric at first glance, but if you take the time to learn about the war, you will learn to appreciate the decision to firebomb and ultimately drop the atom bomb civilian occupied cities.

Not only that, but post-war efforts like the Marshal Plan rebuilt Japan into a nation that became a major player in the world stage. What America did for Japan is nothing less than charity.
>>
>>70441211
>I let movies influence my opinions.
>>
>>70444394
Did the blast destroy the rest of his dick or?...
>>
>>70444385

Yes 200k dead from atomic bombs is excessive but 300k dead from firebombing of Tokyo and other cities is not excessive and no more than a footnote in history...

So again, what makes the atomic bombings so reprehensible compared to the other atrocities committed during the war?
>>
File: the rock.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
the rock.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>70444629
>What America did for Japan is nothing less than charity.

"Hey man what we did to Iraq was charity too, Vietcongs didn't appreciate our charity though."
>>
>>70441211
Lots of innocent people died in Pearl Harbor.

Talk shit, get hit.
>>
>>70444010
Operation Downfall was planned for November 1. We even had forces preparing for it by the time we dropped the first bomb. They repeatedly reused are terms of surrender, it was their own damn fault.
>>
>>70444906
What America did post-war with the Marshal Plan, with some artistic liberty, could be called charity for Japan. Although of course it wasn't charity, it was an investment. We invested in rebuilding Western Europe and Japan. And that's why Japan and Germany are economic powerhouses and the Eastern Bloc countries are not.
>>
>>70444010
>hey Tojo, give us that unconditional surrender
>"no"
Plan A: Drop the bombs and hope the fear of God was put into them so they say "yes"
Plan B: Keep on doing bombing raids to soften them up then invade and destroy enough of their country until that "no" turns into a "yes"
>>
>>70444895
Radiation.

Why is nobody bringing up radiation? It's what makes nukes really so atrocious. It just keeps killing people, even after the initial killcount.
>>
they deserved it.

You fuck with the bull, you get the horn
>>
>>70441211
>Japs deserved it
This.
>>
>>70444906
>Implying
He never said any of that you fucking pseudo-moor. The Japanese were probably the most fanatical enemy the US has had to fight. Even ISIS and Al-Qaeda pale in comparison.
>>
>>70442857
if we let the reds in, they would have split the country, and today it would be half wiafus, half starving children
>>
>>70445121
Nah senpai, the eastern bloc is shit because communism is a retarded system. Yugoslavia was in the marshall plan.
>>
File: 1457824781051.jpg (987 KB, 1447x2046) Image search: [Google]
1457824781051.jpg
987 KB, 1447x2046
shit like pic related is why two nukes were not enough
>>
>>70444570
source?
>>
File: How muricans argue.png (128 KB, 992x1856) Image search: [Google]
How muricans argue.png
128 KB, 992x1856
>>70445317
>>
File: MERICA.jpg (42 KB, 564x434) Image search: [Google]
MERICA.jpg
42 KB, 564x434
We are under no obligation to save nip lives. It was a war, they started it, they would have happily nuked 'merica, OZ, and china if they weren't retarded nips only able to ape superior cultures.
>>
I say nukes whould be dropped like cellphones on sidewalk! I strongly advocate nuclear holocaust.
>>
>>70445514
>I don't have a real counter-argument
>>
>>70445504
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Heart
>>
>>70441211

The only alternative was a full scale invasion of mainland Japan, or an unsustainable siege.

Keep in mind, every civilian was trained to be a combatant in Japan

I'd say we did a damn good job avoiding more American and Japanese deaths.
>>
>>70445187

They didn't understand radiation like they do now when they dropped them.

Look at the trinity project footage, the they have people marching into ground zero after the bombs.
>>
>>70441211
>japs
>innocent
pick one weeaboo faggot

>>>/a/
>>
>>70445187
Pretty sure you can stand on ground zero of both detonation sites today without getting rad sickness. It's not that bad.

Besides japs had no problems killing themselves if it meant taking us with them. They would gladly have fought us to the last woman and child were we to have a ground invasion.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 800x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 800x774
I'm just disappointed that hydrogen bombs didn't exist yet. Japs are a fucking plague and we should have killed them all while we had the pretense to.
>>
>>70445977

Just kidding. I like the japs a lot.

There's a lot of people saying they were ready to surrender before the nukes were dropped. Any sources for this? I've never heard it before
>>
>>70441211
More innocent people died in the firebombings.

Stop being such a dumb pussy. A land invasion would have killed ten times the number in Hiroshima and Nagisaki.

If you want to go 'Aww, poor Japs'. Then research the Firebombings instead.
>>
>>70445187
Both bombs were airburst. Ground contamination was minimised because the nuclear fireball detonated 300m in the air - hiroshima/nagasaki have background radiation counts that are basically the same as the south-west of England (i.e. radon areas) today.

Nevermind the firebombing of Tokyo that killed twice as many people over a week and left a city twice the size of either of the bomb targets levelled.
>>
>>70445761

japan sent emissaries to surrender at least a week before the bomb, hirohito even got involed in the surrender attempt
>>
>>70444010
>Those niggers were on the verge of surrendering.
Except they weren't. They were on the verge of preparing for a mainland invasion.

Also

>American flag
>>
>>70445514

Lol the UK is one of the largest arms dealers to the middle east along with the US. ISIS exists because of the US and the UK
>>
Why should we feel bad about the a-bombs? Its nothing the japs wouldnt have done to us. (If they had the means)
>>
>>70446192
We warned them about the atomic bombs, and they refused to evacuate. I'm guessing they were going to fight until we had boots on the ground in Tokyo.
>>
>>70446399
> to discuss surrender

Yes Hirohito was ready to surrender, but his generals, they weren't so convinced
>>
>>70445761
>only alternative was full scale invasion

You faggots need to stop pushing this bullshit . Japan was ready to surrender to the USA because Russia was advancing via Mongolia and didn't want the Ruskies to kill their emperor which was like Japanese Jesus . Truman just wanted to drop those ducking nukes because he wanted to get out of Roosevelt's shadow and show the Ruskies we have the tech to Fuck you up after this war .Hence Cold War/Arms Race
>>
>>70446399
>japan sent emissaries to surrender at least a week before the bomb, hirohito even got involed in the surrender attempt

Citation needed, Previous attempts were them trying to surrender while maintaining their hold on the land they took in China and Korea. Basically maintaining their massive land-gains while being able to field a functioning military.

Going "OH BUT THEY TRIED TO SURRENDER" when they were asking for major war reparations is childish.
>>
File: Cool off your buttmad friend.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cool off your buttmad friend.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>70445726
The marshall plan that other anon was talking about is just a plan to deploy democracy and liberal in wester Europe so they endoctrinate people into beieving USA was the good guys. USA fought Europe after all.
Marshall plan was just the monetary part of Geheimer Staatvertrag (Secret State Treaty). USA was able to undo evertyhing Hitler fought for, to exterminate banks and jewry from Europe. But with USAs econmic aid, Europe went right back into being on the jews claws.

Again go look up Geheimer Staatvertrag.
You're still a blue pill anon.

As for Japan, it was a proxy to fight the eastern front against Soviet Russia during cold war, why do you think they expanded to S. Korea ?
>>
>>70446596
>
You faggots need to stop pushing this bullshit . Japan was ready to surrender to the USA because Russia was advancing via Mongolia and didn't want the Ruskies to kill their emperor which was like Japanese Jesus . Truman just wanted to drop those ducking nukes because he wanted to get out of Roosevelt's shadow and show the Ruskies we have the tech to Fuck you up after this war .Hence Cold War/Arms Race

I love this conspiracy theory!

It couldn't have anything to do with the still-functioning airbases in Japan still producing bomber squads and still attempting to destroy attempts to approach the mainland, could it?
>>
>>70446192
The entirety of Hiroshima was under a radio blackout for multiple hours after the bombing, the first report was a military pilot who radioed in concerning a "Bright Light" coming from Hiroshima.

By the time they had any idea what happened there (A massive fucking explosion of some type) they were considering what the explosion could have been. A while later the US prodded them to surrender, but they weren't sure if it was a bluff.

Later on, news of the fact it was a new type of bomb with untold power emerged among the Japanese (turns out the US weren't bluffing for once, but they never needed to).

3 days later, Nagasaki got hit. At that point a few things had been affirmed:

1: This wasn't some normal bomb. They were explicitly prepared for another, and managed to figure out it wasn't anything seen before.
2: The US now had proved it was capable of making at least two strikes, with the threat of many more looming.
3: Japanese morale was actually dropping shortly after, especially among people who had family.

Japan surrendered, and that was that.

Despite what people will tell you here, Japan wasn't going to surrender. Hirohito was attempting to surrender (But with quite a damn lot of aid and reparations), but his generals were not going to let that fly.
>>
>>70445758
thank you
>>
Shut up op.

If you go to war, people might die. Imagine that.
>>
>>70441656

They were willing to surrender with just one condition, that they kept the emperor. Some in the US wouldn't accept anything but unconditional surrender so they nuked them TWICE. The irony being the emperor was allowed to stay anyway.

The Generals and airforce wanted to test both types of reaction and got their wish. Just be glad hydrogen bombs didn't come about til later.
>>
File: eLdFTQZ.jpg (181 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
eLdFTQZ.jpg
181 KB, 700x700
>>70441211
You realize, that Japan wanted a "Final" battle right? Women, children, and men to fight to the last breath. You wonder how many more would be killed on both sides? Japan most likely wouldn't exist anymore.
>>
>>70446726
If Truman didn't want to just drop the bombs, why didn't the US let the Reds take/rape Japan like they did Berlin then?
>>
>>70444906
What do you expect from a people who's first reaction to freedom from an oppressive genocidal decorator is to start mutilating themselves.
>>
The only thing that was overdone was perhaps not giving them a day or two longer before dropping the second one. Otherwise, perfectly justifiable and a necessary evil.
>>
>>70446748

That's what I thought. Although, didn't they drop flyers basically saying they were going to level the city beforehand?
>>
>>70444895
MUH SUPAH BIG ONE EXPLOSION YO
>>
>>70443808
No they weren't "hysteric." They reported that they had been firebombed, nothing else. All talk of nuclear weapons was censored for years after the fact. No one knew what happened in Japan.
>>
>>70446748

Don't forget we didn't have a third bomb to use.

We literally gave them both barrels of a new shotgun that we didn't have more shells for.
>>
how many people alive today had any say or role in hiroshima being bombed?
>muh original sin
>muh group identity
>>
>>70447570
>implying that matters
When someone shoots you in both kneecaps then threatens to blow your head off unless you do something, do you hope that his shotgun is a double-barrelled one or do you just play along?

>>70447447
Not completely sure senpai, but if they did most people probably confused it for a firebombing notice.
>>
Fuck off weebniggernu-male, it was total war and they were easily the most amoral people in the war.
>>
File: 1456252224168.jpg (62 KB, 573x729) Image search: [Google]
1456252224168.jpg
62 KB, 573x729
>>70441211
Talk shit, get hit. Nip.
>>
>>70447747

It does matter. Lots of idiots make the argument we should have nuked outside a harbor, or a low population area, or even more ridiculous out in the ocean.

We had to knee cap them because we couldn't reload if we only gave them a warning shot across the bow.
>>
>>70445957
>It wasn't that bad
wew lad
>>
>>70448226

>nuking ocean

And I bet these are the same people freaking the fuck out about Fukushima.
>>
>>70441211
Read "The Rape of Nanking" you'll feel better. Japs had it coming, and haven't been a problem since. Something about nuking a country makes it become very westernized. The middle east needs the same remedy.
>>
File: depression_tom_jerry.gif (491 KB, 480x198) Image search: [Google]
depression_tom_jerry.gif
491 KB, 480x198
>>70441211
>he thinks 100kiloton bombs were bad
Now watch Threads and see if you can get to the end without losing your hope in humanity.
>>
File: 1459727623166.jpg (21 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1459727623166.jpg
21 KB, 563x542
>>70441211
>Japs
>Innocent

Back in the days they were Satan incarnate.

The worse of the kebabs is a good guy compared to the old japs
>>
>>70446673
The Marshall Plan was meant to fuck up the Soviet Unions credibility and strengthen our own allies in Europe. ""DA JOOS!1!" Isn't a real argument.
>>
>>70449565
Jew propaganda at its finest.
>>
>>70448853
I second, or this:
https://youtu.be/ILS6wGvOWO8
>>
File: Empire of the Devil.jpg (11 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
Empire of the Devil.jpg
11 KB, 297x170
I wish a fucking meteor would wipe this planet out.

It needs to be put out of it's agony.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.