[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electronic money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: 100 Dollar Bills.jpg (917 KB, 2000x1285) Image search: [Google]
100 Dollar Bills.jpg
917 KB, 2000x1285
What is /pol/'s thought on digitalisation of money? A future without physical cash. Would it be nice?
>>
>>70440393
No.
>>
>>70440393
Fuck that. Fuck micro transaction debit degenerates. Just go to the bank and take out cash faggots.
>>
Makes it easier to track transactions, I like buying illegal things, so fuck that.
>>
It's the future. Only weak people will have issues adapting.
>>
File: Running Man.jpg (166 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Running Man.jpg
166 KB, 700x394
>>70440393
THE GAMES 2017 !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceegnWSENQ&nohtml5=False
>>
I see Norway has been fully cucked into letting the banks and government track their every purchase.

I mean not that every country isn't going to try something like this eventually, but way to stay ahead of the curve Norway.
>>
I don't want it
- fed can make interest rates as negative as they want
- state has complete tracking power over all spending
>>
>>70440393
Its useful to prevent counterfeiting, and it helps with transactions and safety.... but it also allows government to track your every purchase.

And its a dick to get digital foreign valuta. I can purchase physical pounds, but to get digital GBP I have to either open a foreign business account, or go forex.
I just want to store my money in GBP and Remibi for when the USD and EUR collapse.
>>
>>70441457
You're just mad because Trudeau sold all your gold reserves.
>>
Money is a spook.
>>
Why arent people allowed to create their own currency.

I mean its just piece of paper you agree to exchange. Money is IOU aniway and why cant be personal between groups of people
>>
File: Picard.jpg (6 KB, 236x179) Image search: [Google]
Picard.jpg
6 KB, 236x179
>>70440393
Resistance is futile all your base belong to us ..
>>
>>70441551
>fed can make interest rates as negative as they want
This is the worst. The ECB has been talking about outlawing the 500 euro bill, supposedly because criminals use it a lot for criminal transactions.

Fact is, rich people and banks have more and more decided to just store their money in a physical form in vaults and old socks, due to the negative interest rate. It costs less money to just keep it in cash at home than have it on the bank. Or for a bank, to store it in their own vaults is cheaper than storing it on an ECB account.
Its the same reason gold and silver prices have shot up in recent months. No one trusts the Euro anymore, no one trusts the ECB and QE anymore.
>>
>>70441457
>>70441227
>the best defense of cash is degeneracy
Wew lad
>>
>>70440393
Yes goy, take the mark.
>>
>>70441842
People can create their own currency without even having to ask for permission - see bitcoin.

When it comes to physical currency, while unoffical currencies are rare, it's not unheard of for an individual town to trade some sort of scrip with the intent of keeping money circulating within the town and thus ensuring its used to support local businesses.

Governments can ultimatley crack down on unauthorized currency in various ways and nobody has to accept it as legal tender however.
>>
>>70441141
>debit degenerates
I use debit. Why is this degenerate?
>>
File: 1361683911427.gif (2 MB, 288x330) Image search: [Google]
1361683911427.gif
2 MB, 288x330
>>70442147
stop using computers you devil worshiper
>>
>>70441842
You can. You just need to convince enough people to accept it.
>>
>>70441551
They can't do this with bitcoin though, right?
>>
>>70440393
it doesn't matter
electronic money is already the standard
paper and coin currency doesn't matter
>>
>>70440393
>paypal randomly freezes accounts because reasons, sometimes for months
>you literally have to crawl up their ass, eat their shit and scrub their colon with your toothbrush when that happens

This is the future without physical money.
>>
>>70442331
Bitcoin isnt issued by any central bank. Its based on datamining. Sort of like a gold standard, if gold was mined at a quite steady rate.
>>
>>70442440
Right so bitcoin is a digital currency that the fed can't manipulate. So this is not a reason against all digital currencies, just fiat currency they already control. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>70440393
>What is /pol/'s thought on digitalisation of money?
It is a bad idea.
>A future without physical cash. Would it be nice?
Only if you like being poverty stricken and like the idea of the govt being able to rob you blind instantly whenever they want.
>>
No seriously though. I thought the government couldn't control shit with Bitcoin? That is the entire reason I am interested in it.
>>
>>70440393
Anyone who thinks cryptocurrency is a good investment is a dumb ass. Your money has to be vetted by something to retain value.
>>
>>70442107
I'm just bring honest.

If I'm being completely neutral here if you should go cashless or not depends on how much you trust big brother to watch out for you. Going cashless allows governments to manipluate currency to a greater extent and allows them to track what transactions people are doing which helps both the taxman and the police. However if you have a fucktard or a totalitarian in power at any point going cashless will blow up in your face.

I also don't know fundamentally if a bank should be getting paid for every single transaction made in a country, that seems a bit obscene to me.
>>
>>70442639
>>70443065
The government cant directly manipulate bitcoin, as they dont control it. They dont issue it, they dont control rents on it.

They can of course fuck with it by dumping or buying up bitcoin to manipulate the market.
>>
>>70440393
Digitalisation means that you have not more any kind of control on your own money.
>>
>>70443065
Bitcoin crashed a couple years ago. You're better off just playing the stock market or gambling.
>>
>>70443235
Yes the point is that the government has to participate in the market, which is like gold. This makes it a lot more difficult to manipulate compared to fiat currencies, which can just be printed.
>>
File: mondex12.jpg (21 KB, 361x251) Image search: [Google]
mondex12.jpg
21 KB, 361x251
OBLIGATORY WARNING:

|don't be a goy guise|
>>
File: Sharp Edge.jpg (129 KB, 986x946) Image search: [Google]
Sharp Edge.jpg
129 KB, 986x946
>>70442147
Midlife crisis?
>>
>>70440393
That would suck ass.
>>
>>70442107
>equalising degeneracy and legality
>camera running: not degeneracy
>camera not running: degeneracy
Wew lad.
>>
>>70440393
It would be nice if our economy were stable and the mechanisms that store the money were impenetrable.
So no.
>>
>>70440633
/thread

Cash is the only way I pay my stuff, I only pay shit digitally when it makes sense... So almost never.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.