[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>drinking the fizzy jew come on pol you are better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13
File: 1459357346380.jpg (61 KB, 759x759) Image search: [Google]
1459357346380.jpg
61 KB, 759x759
>drinking the fizzy jew

come on pol you are better than this

>But our new study has shed light on just how much damage sugary drinks can also do to our brain.

>The changes we observed to the region of the brain that controls emotional behaviour and cognitive function were more extensive than those caused by extreme early life stress.

>It is known that adverse experiences early in life, such as extreme stress or abuse, increase the risk of poor mental health and psychiatric disorders later in life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3450298/High-sugar-diet-damaging-brain-extreme-stress-ABUSE.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
>>
I don't drink soda though
>>
idgaf
>>
>>70434758

This image is shit
>>
>>70434758
tastes good
>>
>>70434758
>32g sugar
>100% of recommended amount
WEW
>>
I need to kick this shit.

I usually have a soda in the morning to jump start my day, and so i don't get a headache. I hate that shit.
>>
>>70434758
>this deliberately misleading OP image
gr8 b8 m8
also, dailymail a shit
>>
>yes good goy, drink diet coke instead, aspartame conspiracy theorists are all lunatic hoax bastids
>>
>>70434758
>sugar crash
>self-proclaimed pharmacist
>falling for the sugar crash meme
>>
Asking me not to drink something as American as pop is like asking me not to eat burgers
>>
>>70435328
>pop
Fucking yankees
>>
>>70434758
I drink water. It's cheaper and doesn't come with all the extra crap soda does. I want to enjoy a meal, not have a liquid meal along with my main meal.
>>
>>70435235

If soft drinks in the morning is stopping an otherwise inevitable headache I'm pretty sure that's either psychosomatic or an addiction to sugar. Quit for a week and it will be gone.

t. Notadoctor
>>
>>70434758
Stopped reading after the first point, it's too easily refuted.
>10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelmingsweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
You do realize that fruit juices have just as much sugar, right? An equivalent amount of Orange Juice will have ~75% of the sugar content of Coca Cola and an equivalent amount of Pineapple Juice will have ~125% of the sugar content of Coca Cola.
The sugar levels in soda are by no means vomit inducing or at all "unnatural" or even unhealthy in moderation.
>>
Thanks Doc, I've been trying to cut back on my soda addiction and needed some motivation.
>>
>>70435621
All soda and sugary drinks are unhealthy, you can be healthy and drink them and balance it out but don't lie and say soda is healthy, it isn't at all.
>>
>>70435183
>According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are:

>Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons).
>Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).
>>
OY VEY SILLY GOYS! Don't you know it's illegal to not buy corporate products? Better start buying my carbonated sugary drinks before I pay Congress to require that everyone consumes their daily required amount of Coke!

All the true Americans support Israe-I mean American companies!
>>
>drinking sugar water
>American cockroaches will defend this
>>
I'm thankful my parents never had soda in the house so I never developed a bad habit.
>>
>>70435773
I'm not saying it's healthy, soda is not healthy, but it's not unhealthy in moderation.
However, it's wrong to lump all sugary drinks into your analysis because it may be that the vitamins and antioxidants in fruit juices offset the negative effects of the sugar.
1 soda/sugary drink a day isn't going to affect your health. If you are cutting though I wouldn't recommend it as it is unneeded carbs.
>>
>>70435534
Headaches are a sign of caffeine withdrawal I would get them too but you have to power through them in order for your body to readjust
>>
>>70435950
>added sugars

That just means coming from a source that isn't natural and is probably lacking in other nutrients.

It doesn't back up anything about sugar giving you dementia.
>>
>>70436074
There's a big difference between sugars found in fruit and sugar from sugar cane and corn. I'm not referring to naturally occurring fruit illness, I'm referring to sugar water that tastes like fruit, which is not healthy and neither is soda. You can be healthy and drink soda/sugar water beverages but just because you are healthy doesn't mean that suddenly the drinks become healthy. Soda is unhealthy regardless of how much you drink but just because you drink it doesn't make you unhealthy.
>>
>>70436508
I don't even know how illness got in there, disregard that
>>
>>70436074
Fruit drinks lack fiber which our bodies need, they are better than soda but not by much you are still dumping a ton of calories into your body in seconds with no feedback mechanism to tell your mind you are full.
>>
the dopaminical jew is behind all thats wrong in my life

when i try to study, my brain rewards me for procrastination
>>
>>70435534
I've quit drinking soda a bunch of times, it's caused by a caffeine withdrawal. I work in extreme heat in the summer, so once the hot weather rolls around i give it up and switch to water.
>>
>>70436793
Drink coffee or tea for your caffeine. You could even sweeten them with sugar and it would still be hundreds of times healthier than soda
>>
>>70434758
>This is physically the same way that heroin works, by the way
Anyone comparing fucking Coca Cola to Heroin is an actual retard.

Also, since when does Coke have caffeine in it? It doesn't have it here. I can pick up and drop soda whenever I want.
>>
>>70436508
Not really. It's just sugar. The difference is what else is in the package. A fruit has sugar, fiber, vitamins,
minerals. A soda is just sugar, water and a bunch of other garbage.
>>
>>70436864
I actually saw at the grocery store bottled water with caffeine in it. I might buy some of that to ween myself off instead of going cold turkey with a raging headache for a week.
>>
>>70436940
Caffeine is added to most sodas at least in the united states. Caffeine is only truly addictive if you drink say 5 sodas a day.
>>
Dont drink liters a day Jesus Christ
What is with these all or nothing idiots?
>>
>>70436508
Actually the difference between the sugars is not nearly that different, this is a myth perpetuated by scientifically illiterate individuals that want to dramatize insignificant issues.
Fructose is usually found in fruits and sucrose is found in cane sugar. However, it depends on the fruits, some fruits are primarily sucrose and others are primarily fructose. Pineapple and apricot have sucrose as the main sugar whilst grapes and pears have fructose as the main sugar. High fructose corn syrup is around ~55-60% fructose and ~40-45% sucrose. They are not chemically different or chemically better or worse for your body, stop with this scientifically illiterate nonsense.
>>
>>70437054
Definitely don't go cold turkey, it'll set you up to fail. That's pretty cool sounding actually, was it flavored?
>>
>>70434758

1. Simple sugar is largely converted to glycogen unless reserves are already topped off
2. Insulin response to the sugar intake causes the opposite effect on blood sugar as described in point 3. 34 mg of caffiene has negligible physiological consequence
3. Heroin directly binds opiod receptors, not dopamine. More importantly, the dopamine response to consuming something sweet is the same as literally any other pleasurable stimuli
4. Phosphoric acid does not leach minerals, this is a stupid urban legend based on the fact that people who drink a lot of soda are more likely to have defficiency (bexause their diets are shit). Artificial sweeteners also do not bind minerals, that idea doesn't even make sense. Also if it really did bind minerals in the lower intestine that wouldn't matter because the colon is almost exclusively for the reabsoption of water.
5. The diuretic effect of caffiene is tiny, especially one soda worth. Certainly not enough to evacuate all the water from the drink.

Soda is bad for you because it's fucking sugar water. No need to spread lies about it.
>>
>>70437230
I think it was just regular water with caffeine. I'm not 100% though. Just caught it at a glance.
>>
>>70436940
what do you think dopamine is? It is your pleasure chemical do you think heroin brings it's own unique pleasure chemical and introduces it to your body?
>>
>>70435286
Well aspartame can induce cancer but your risks are only high if you drink upwards to 10+ cans a day for years. Same thing with sausages and other preserved meats.
>>
>>70437132
...Okay that's odd as fuck.
The only drinks you can get here in a can that have caffeine in them are energy drinks, and they CLEARLY say "WARNING: CONTAINS CAFFEINE" on the bottle, and it's not a thing they can hide either.

Why are your soft drink overlords forcing you to drink massive amounts of caffeine?

>>70437362
>Heroin
>Comparing to the amount of dopamine you get from caffeine

That's like comparing closing your eyes and imaging god to taking DMT and fucking seeing Her.
>>
>>70434758
>What happens ONE hour after eating a stick of celery

>Write a whole bunch of bio-chemical reactions

SEE HOW DANGEROUS IT IS?!
>>
>>70436940
I spent a week in Canada a few years ago, after the second day i kept getting headaches even though i was drinkinga can of Mt. Dew in the morning when i woke up. Turns out Canadian Mt. Dew doesn't have caffeine in it either.
>>
desu the worst thing about soft drink, if you're not drinking it to the point of being fat, is the shit it does to your teeth.

it's all sugar, AND it's acidic. beyond stuff like stomach acid, it's the worst possible thing to have in your mouth. dentists frequently see heavily decayed enamel and basically guess that either the patient is a bulimic, or they drink too much soft drink.

every single gulp is doing damage, but worse if you don't do it around meal times. because every time you do it, you're setting up your mouth to be a hostile, acidic environment for ~15 minutes before your saliva neutralizes it, and even then you're left with the sugar. diet soda is marginally better for your teeth because it doesn't have the sugar, but it still has the acid. it will still kill them over time

some people end up with completely yellow teeth, despite having no cavities. this isn't their tooth being stained, it's all their enamel having been decayed so that the naturally yellow inner layer of the teeth is exposed.
>>
>>70434758
I haven't had soda in 2 years and that image made me want a soda more than anything else has in those 2 years
>>
>>70435472
Jew Jersian here, we call it soda.
>>
>>70437362

Yes it literally does. Heroin directly binds to neuroreceptors. Sugar promotes dopamine formation the same way looking at a puppy does.
>>
Drinking any fizzy drinks or alcohol is a bad idea, and not being able to abstain from either is the mark of a manchild.
>>
>>70437447

Aspartame has not even been shown to have a marginal carcinogenic effect like nitrate preserved meats
>>
>>70437200
I know the compositions and differences between sucrose and fructose, your body does metabolize and treat them differently. The processed high fructose corn syrup and various other highly processed sugars will crash your metabolism and harm your liver. However all sugar will make you fat and give you energy, it's sugar. Natural sugars like lactose found in milk and the sugars in an apple will effect your body differently than a can of soda. Not all calories are equal. The biggest difference and health factor is the other things inside of the item you're consuming such as fiber. To say the sugars in a coke are equal to one in an apple is wrong. If you drink 5 cokes a day you will be massively ill, if you eat five apples a day you will gain weight but you'll be healthy.
>>
>current year
>not drinking 1.5l of pepsi max every day
top kek plebs you are missing out
>>
>>70434758

I'm amazed they didn't try to shill some "all natural" product on the image.
>>
>>70437346
Oh well good luck!
>>
gee whiz soda is bad for you!
Everyone, including schools start preaching about this shit since you enter the first grade, nonstop, same as with cigarettes. Shits bad for you, but people drink and smoke despite that.
Just fuck off senpai, After 24 years of hearing this shit, Im so fucking full of it.
>>
more addicting than heroin desu senpai
>>
>>70434758

I only drink soda when I have fast food, which happens a maximum of five times a day
>>
>>70437457
To make you buy more, also some say it adds flavor. I mean caffeine can be addictive. Coke used to add cocaine to it so people would be hooked
>>
>>70437900
Shit man.
I eat fast food like a maximum of 10 times per year.
>>
Usually it's soda unless you're from the South it's Coke..
>>
>>70437815
No it has been in high concentrations over extended periods of time. Any chemical like those can give you cancer if you take enough.
>>
>>70437790
Thanks for the life advice, Mohammed.
>>
>>70437344
>5. The diuretic effect of caffiene is tiny, especially one soda worth. Certainly not enough to evacuate all the water from the drink.

This. Now beer, that gets me pissing like a hose.
>>
>>70434758
I drink diet. So this shit about sugar doesn't apply.
>>
>>70436021

This nigga knows what's up

We have it in glorious syrup form!
>>
>>70438016
Unless its pepsi
>>
>>70437846

Sucrose breaks down to sucrose and glucose before it even reaches your stomache because of salivary amylase.

The ONLY reason whole fruits are better in terms of sugar rush and insulin spiking is because the fibrous chunks are slower to digest because of the time it takes to physically break them down. Fruit juices are no better than soda, save for some marginal micronutrient content
>>
>>70434758
When I was a house cleaner, we used phosphoric acid to clean the showers. That should tell you something about Coke.
>>
I haven't had any soda in like 3 years

I do feel considerably healthier, I used to drink two cokes everyday
>>
>>70437815
>>70437815
give it up senpai, aspartame memeists will never stop saying it's harmful

just like MSG
>>
>>70438255
how do you get off the soda. its like crack dog.
>>
>>70438021

except that repeated, exaustive studies have shown that not to be the case
>>
>Have a can of this like once a year.
>Don't feel any of that shit in the image.

They make it seem like crack.
>>
>>70438186

Excuse me, breaks down to fructose and glucose
>>
>>70438307
You stop drinking it.
>>
>>70438307

Switch to coffee
>>
File: syjfg3nmb5xcqzedi9fr.jpg (36 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
syjfg3nmb5xcqzedi9fr.jpg
36 KB, 660x371
>Drinking ANYTHING but tap water, milk or the occasional glass on pure fruit juice.
>>
>>70438325
The diet industry is more jewish than the banks.
>>
>>70438307
Don't buy it
>>
>>70438377
fuck off britcuck.
>>70438425
thanks, an actual answer.
>>
>>70438186
I never said fruit juices are better than soda. All water flavored with sugar is detrimental to your health, regardless if it's coke, Pepsi, cool aid, or Apple juice. However Apple juice has, unless it's just water flavored like apples, some health benefits to it such as phytochemicals and trace vitamins and minerals. But of course that's only if it's actually made with apples and not just sugar water flavored like apples. Either way eating a piece of fruit is the healthiest option and is not akin to drinking soda at all.
>>
File: cokeycoley.jpg (92 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
cokeycoley.jpg
92 KB, 1125x681
I just finished an ice cold glass bottle of coca-cola and it was great, I love it.

Nothing quenches my thirst like it, from the moment I feel the icey touch of the bottle, to the moisture dripping down condensation covered neck of the bottle.

Then when I pop the cap off, the glorious rising mist hisses up as if to tempt me even more. The best part is that refreshing nipping sensation when the cold coke hits your tongue and lips, then as it cools you all the way down your throat.

Nothing beats that ecstasy, I think i'll have another.
>>
>>70438546

>drinking milk as an adult
>this is healthy

no.
>>
>>70434758
ffs OP if you wanted anyone here to take you seriously, you shouldn't have linked to dailymail of all places.

I do agree with you. For years we used to use coke/pepsi here to clean toilets. Then a few years ago, the top manufacturers of the ceramics put out full page advertisements asking people not to use coke/pepsi etc as it was ruining the enamel of their products, chipping and making them weak/yellow/etc.
Not even trolling or baitin for pooloo meme replies. You can look it up.
>>
>>70438374
I figured that's what you meant. I didn't want our conversation to turn into a douche correction match so I didn't say anything about it
>>
>>70435621
>F-fruit juice is just as bad so that makes soda OK

Amerifats can't give up their soda huh?
>>
>>70438784
>toilets
>>
>>70438740
That's a plastic bottle you cunt
>>
No problem, I drink Pepsi.

Real talk: soda is terrible for you, even 1 can a day is too much to call "moderation". When I replaced soda with water, I lost 10 lbs. in a month.

Some of my co-workers are showing up in the morning with 1 liter bottles of Mountain Dew and nurse it through lunch. That's a 20oz bottle and then a 12oz can, back to back. Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>70439103
It's glass you muppet
>>
>>70438622
> and trace vitamins and minerals.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1809/2

an apple has:
2% of your daily vitamin A needs
>wow
1% of your daily minimum calcium needs
>wow
1% of your daily minimum calcium needs
>wow anemic ladies, pay attention

the only thing in any decent quantity it has is vitamin C, at 14%, which would still require you to eat 7 apples a day to keep the doctor away.

for comparison, 100 grams of broccoli has 149% of your minimum vitamin C requirement
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2356/2

the only argument that can be made here is for phytochemicals, and that's basically the "we don't know enough but maybe it could be beneficial somehow".

not only is juice in general shit, but the average whole fruit is too. muh fiber is pretty much the only thing going on there
>>
>>70439119
>mfw I know a guy that drinks 5 bottles of Mt Few a day and then drinks Gatorade after he works out
>>
>>70438317
That's not what I've seen
>>
>>70439183
I said trace vitamins and minerals, I did not say there was an abundance and I did not say you could get all of your needs from fruit juices. I said they have more redeemability than soda, which they do. Real fruit juices are better than soda. Also research has gone into phytochemicals, they act as antioxidant and can protect against diseases and help keep overall health. And I never said fruit juices were healthier than vegetables and I also never said that fruit was healthier than vegetables, vegetables by far are the healthiest food for you but we aren't talking about vegetables or the healthiest food. We are talking about soda and fruit juices.
>>
>>70439119
I used to work with a guy that would put down like two 2 liter bottles of Coke a day
>>
>>70439247
What's his body type? I mean I guess that's a way to spike your insulin..
>>
>>70438576
This nigga's got it. Don't buy it and don't eat at fast food (where you will be tempted to fill your drink with soda). Boom guaranteed increase in health.
>>
Drinking soda after a couple weeks without it is an interesting experience. Much stronger overwhelmingly sweet taste.
>>
>implying heroin is bad
>>
>>70437230
I don't know Anon. I would drink over half 8 cans of cola a day when I was at my worst, then I said fuck this and went cold turkey. Didn't even feel the cravings. I know it won't be the same for everyone, but if my wishy washy self can do it, any determined Anon can.
>>
>>70439526
I know you said trace, and that means you weren't saying they were overflowing with those things

you ended your post by saying eating a fruit is the healthiest option. I just want to point out that the benefit here is so small that it's basically splitting hairs

I just want to point out how meager some fruits really are in this department
>>
>>70434758
could you be anymore of a fag?
>>
>>70438061
not my fault you have no self-control, Tyrone
>>
>>70434758
I barely drink soda but coca cola is especially bad.

can't believe they released that pretentious green "coca cola life" can just a while ago.

>hurr muh stevia

well, I guess it's better than HFCS.
>>
>>70439935
I went cold turkey also, I haven't drank soda in 5 years. But going cold turkey for most people will just destroy their determination and goals
>>
>>70439964
I understand what you're doing. I agree with you that vegetables are powerhouses compared to fruit in most areas. That doesn't make fruit unhealthy though. Plus I was talking about real fruit juices compared to soda
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 194x259
I quit smoking cold turkey. Over a year smoke free. Shit was killing my lungs. Took 2 months of suffering.
Now im addicted to caffeine. I get massive headaches if i dont drink 32 oz of dr.pepper and or coffee a day.
>quiting smoking was easier
>>
>>70434758
I still have yet to see any papers on how HFCS is different than sugar and how sugar doesn't fuck you up just as much.

One cup of orange juice has more sugar than one cup of soda
>>
>>70439815
Ive heard meth in very small doses is good for staying awake. Its just like every other drug, in that you build tolerances and eventually abuse them.
>>
>>70440900
Orange juice wont eat the enamel off your teeth. Shit, you can clean the battery terminals on a car with a few ounces of coke. That cannot be good for your internal organs
>>
>>70434758
Yeah I know, that's why I drink Coke Zero
>>
>>70436508
>There's a big difference between sugars found in fruit and sugar from sugar cane and corn.

Any sources on this?
>>
>>70440535
healthy to unhealthy is a scale. and labels like that make the most sense when applied to an entire diet, not just a single food.

I agree there's nothing about fruit that makes it so offensive as to be called unhealthy, while there is to soft drink, and to a lesser extent fruit juice. but fruits themselves often aren't exactly stellar or even really notable either.
>>
>>70441120
I hate that retarded claim, it's not like soda is you body for more than a few hours. Plus, our stomach has acids in it, surely throwing up or GERD can fuck your shit up just as bad.
>>
>>70436508
fructose is the worse tough, don't drink any kind of juices
>>
>>70441473
And I'm sure citrus does have a lot of acid too
>>
>>70440115
>muh degeneracy

Kill yourself, Mohammed.
>>
>>70441703
>anyone who takes good care of themselves is an arab
You're the only one killing yourself here, fatty
>>
>>70441473
>Plus, our stomach has acids in it, surely throwing up or GERD can fuck your shit up just as bad.
stomach acid can and does fuck your teeth up, if you're bulimic and thus constantly forcing yourself to vomit, flooding your mouth with it

when was the last time you vomited? for me, it was years ago. it shouldn't be a daily thing. but daily soda habits are common, and they do fuck up your teeth. it's more about frequency than volume, if you're putting soft drink into your mouth every hour then you're creating an acidic environment every hour. whereas if you drink 3 litres in 30 seconds somehow and then nothing else, you're better off (acidity wise)
>>
File: 3869702441_39dd4e92f2_o.jpg (1 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
3869702441_39dd4e92f2_o.jpg
1 MB, 3872x2592
>>70434758
My youngest kid tried the experiment where she put her tooth (just fallen out) in a clear glass of coke for a couple of days.

Try it with a nail for even more impact.
>>
My parents used to let me drink 2 cans per day as a young kid. They used to offer me soda. Now my enamel is so weak that the dentist tells me I have no choice but to let my decalcifications rot into cavities before he can do anything to save my teeth. Brushing with prescription toothpaste will slow it but degredation is inevitable and Im only 22.

My family just claims we have bad teeth genes. It couldnt possibly be the sugar acid drinks, excess candy, cig smoke, and drymouth caused by dehydration. I only drink water and milk now, sometimes a smoothie but Im even cautious about the acids in fruit. I dont blame my family like some edgy kid because theyre ignorant, but no way in hell will I let my kids near that poison. I feel cheated out of good dentition, which is only remedied by lots of money and composites, they'll never feel that.
>>
Been drinking this shit for as long as I can remember, never had any kind of health issue, and I'm not exactly young now.
>>
>can't drink soda because it's got a gorillion jew chemicals
>can't drink water because it's got fluoride and estrogen
>can't drink alcohol because NO DRUGS NO ALCOHOL NO CIGARETTES
Am I supposed to die of thirst?
>>
>>70441548
>don't drink any kind of juices
Not even juice you make yourself out of fruits?
>>
>>70442022
>Oi, dad! The tooth fairy-- she dunna loik Coke none! Tunnoit we'll see what the nail fairy reckons.
>>
>>70442022
But it's not like soda is in mouth for days let alone hours

Would be interesting to put a tooth in orange juice and other drinks
>>
>>70437447
As a type 1 diabetic, sugary drinks are such as Coca Cola are generally off the menu. Fruit juices generally contain a similar amount of sugar and require insulin injection to consume.

Instead I drink diet drinks. What I have found is that if you consume too many diet drinks at once, the caffeine can also raise blood sugar, as well as cause nasty diarrhoea and dehydration.

Everything in moderation, don't be one of those ego-freaks that claim they only drink water, but don't get addicted to diet drinks either.
>>
>>70442653
just ask your dentist if they ever see people who have decayed teeth due to soda. it's a very recognizable thing

they'll have pretty okay teeth, just with that outer layer stripped off everywhere because of the acidity
>>
>>70441901
>thread about soda
>start bitching about alcohol

Literally Muslim tier.
>>
>>70442653
But if you're constantly drinking it they get a lot of exposure.
>>
>>70434758
I am addicted to the caffeinated and carbonated Jew. I can't stop, they just taste too good rushing down my throat after a long day of work.
>>
>>70441369
Determining the health of food is more of a spectrum than a scale, there are so many different variables into what makes a certain food healthy that you can't just make a linear progression of it.
>>
>>70442502
>Farkin' nail fairy stiffed me 20c, Oim gunna git that cunt!

>>70442653
Prolonged and regular use. Otherwise why do smokers get teeth stained? They're only drawing smoke into their mouths for a moment...
>>
>>70442952
Are "sugar emergencies" directly related to "sexual emergencies"?
>>
>>70434758
That's fucking stupid. Then again I barely drink soda because it's just excess sugar and calories and I'm fat enough as it is.
>>
File: 1455594554210.png (109 KB, 291x332) Image search: [Google]
1455594554210.png
109 KB, 291x332
>>70434758

>THIS IS PHYSICALLY THE SAME WHY HEROIN WORKS

>BY

>THE

>WAY
>>
>>70438546
>tap water
Enjoy your estrogen.
>>
>>70442981
my point isn't that it's a 1-dimensional scale. it's that you can't just say "this one is healthy" and "this one is unhealthy" and leave it at that

but that's what most people tend to do "fruit is healthy" "soft drink is unhealthy" "meat is unhealthy" "vegetables are healthy" "water is healthy". and the only nuance they ever add to that is "everything has to be balanced and in moderation"
>>
File: julmust.jpg (268 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
julmust.jpg
268 KB, 1600x1200
I stopped drinking most of them a while back and now i only drink this when its in season.

Fun fact, the consumption of coca cola drops by about 50% during christmas season because of this. Coca cola is pretty butthurt about it and they have tried to market coca cola so that people associate it with Christmas but they have not succeeded.
>>
>>70438307
I switched to unsweetened iced tea. I love unsweetened iced tea so maybe it won't be as easy for you but the caffeine was still there without the unnecessary sugar

In the past year I've stopped drinking sodas (and fruit juice which has comparable amounts of sugar) and stopped smoking cigarettes. I still drink beer 3 times a week and smoke weed everyday though so I could definitely get better
>>
>>70434758

>THE CAFFEINE'S DIURETIC PROPERTIES COME INTO PLAY

HAHAHAHAAHA

I never realized how stupid this image was
>>
>>70434758
I drink only tea and mineral water.
>>
>>70434758
There's nothing like a good cola after not having it for super long
>>
>>70443112
lol no. that shit is made up eurocucks.
>>
>>70443284
hey thanks for the response buddy, I finally quit smoking cigs about 8 months ago, that has helped a ton, still get high, I only smoke oil now though, so I only inhale 3-4 puffs a day but get the THC of 3-4 entire joints. Still not all oil is created equal, some of the black stuff can be much much worse for you than weed, knowing someone in Colorado helps a ton.
>>
>>70443278
What does that taste like?
>>
>>70443222
There are so many different factors in determining on what is healthy or not you're absolutely right that you can't slap a label on one thing and determine if it's healthy or not because of the many different variables that go into it. However, just because something in moderation is alright doesn't make it a healthy choice. You can be healthy and eat something unhealthy. But to say fruit is unhealthy just because broccoli is healthier than an apple is not correct.
>>
>>70438769
Nigger detected.
>>
>>70444074
That chart in 50 years is going to look so different.
>>
>>70442490
no, fructose gets metabolised only by the liver, and a glass of apple juice containes fructose from more or less 3 apples, in one single glass.
eat the fruit and drink water
>>
>>70443912

Thick and deep for being a soft drink, albeit very sweet still and easy to drink (you can consume it like coke, you don't really grow tired of the taste easily). It has a lot of carbonation (you pour it like you would a pint of beer).

People who aren't used to drinking it usually either hate it or love it when they try it for the first time.
>>
>>70442750
This.
>>
>>70444021
and yet if you ate 500 calories of apples (quite a lot of them), you'd lose a lot of room to cover a lot of nutrients with the rest of your diet

that's why those labels make more sense to a diet in total

I don't think I ever said apples themselves are "unhealthy" though, because I was wary of those labels to begin with
>>
>>70442750

Aspartame is also a laxative, so it is most likely also a contributor to your diarrhea.
>>
>>70444625
500 calories worth of apples is worth a lot more than say 500 calories of coke or a snickers bar. I'd love to keep talking about this but I've got to go run some errands, it's been a great conversation, just out of curiosity do you work in any sort of health field or studying to become one?
>>
>>70444479
Wish I could find it in my country to try it, gonna go look in one of the swedish colonies that we have.
>>
>>70445064

Good luck anon. They might sell it at IKEA during Christmas if you're lucky, I know that they sell glögg in some IKEA:s outside of Sweden around that time of year at least.
>>
>>70445012
we mostly agree on things anyway

and no, neither
>>
>>70434758
>mfw soda taste like pop rocks were a drink

Who the hell drinks this?
>>
I have low blood pressure and low blood sugar. Coke isn't too bad for me. I drink it pretty often.

Make up for what gets flushed out with lots of mineral rich food. My diet's as balanced as it gets.
You can eat and drink whatever you want if you're not being a moron about it.
>>
>>70435319
Have you taken physiology or nutrition? They literally teach that. Your body overcompensates for all the sugar in your blood by producing a ton of insulin, overshoots, and your blood sugar crashes. Then you become hungry again, sooner than if you had a normal food.
>>
>>70443747
Yeah I've transitioned to oil this month only because my dealer is out of weed. Weed will be the toughest thing for me to give up other than possibly masturbation, though I go through stretches without jerking it but I never go through prolonged stretches of sobriety unfortunately.

I know weed isn't great for me but I'm at a place in my life where I'm pretty lonely without it
>>
File: dog.jpg (553 KB, 2000x1151) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
553 KB, 2000x1151
>>70445598
>Coke isn't too bad for me. I drink it pretty often.
>My diet's as balanced as it gets.
>>
I have had ~3 cans of coke everyday for about 16 years now.

It takes me around 1-2 hours to drink one though because I just sip on it. I know its bad for me but I don't really care enough about my health to change.
>>
>>70445064

Try IKEA

but also remember its taste is very different depending on the brand
>>
>>70440900
Orange juice also has a good amount of Potassium, Folate, Magnesium and a bunch of other vitamins though.
>>
>>70437515
A stick of celery is actually healthy, unlike coke, you cuck.
>>
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml
>>
>>70445455
That was one of the most polite arguments I've ever seen on 4chan. Bravo.
>>
>>70446461
Ray Peat is the ultimate nutrition redpill.
>>
I'm completely addicted to soda, more so than xanax or opiates. First thing I do when I wake up is grab a can and I can easily drink 6-12 a day. I'm completely cutting back with tea now and drink 1-3 a day now.
>>
>>70446601

No it isn't you fucking nigger, fuck you.
>>
>>70446461
i don't have time to read all that, do a recap you mammi nigger
>>
>>70434758
Ive cut back on pop to the point i might only drink it once or twice a week. Always a fountain drink though, I cut out buying it in liters and cans all together.
>>
>>70435472
It's called pop out west you silly cunt. In New England it's called soda.
>>
>>70438307
>
i quit by switching to candy for a while, which sounds crazy but made it a little easier

kind of like how i stopped smoking cigs by mouth fedoring for a month or two when the cravings got really bad
>>
>>70438325
agree, i have one at resturants and never feel this shit
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.