[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DARPA wants people to design homemade bombs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 450x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 450x452
Tfw darpa asks people to make homemade weapons

http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/aerospace/military/darpa-invites-techies-to-turn-offtheshelf-products-into-weapons-in-new-improv-challenge

Time to bust out the fertilizer and deisel
>>
There are so many ways to make lethal weapons in your garage it's not even funny.

I think what DARPA is really after, is how efficiently a potential terrorist can make a weapon. Like, what the ideal $ spent to potential lethality is. It's one thing to make a popper full of rusty nails, it's another to make a dozen of them for cheap.
>>
>>70412556
my favorite napalm recipe for cheap-os like me is simply Styrofoam dissolved in normal gasoline with some kerosene mixed it.
>>
they want to give ISIS some new weapons that can't be traced no doubt
>>
>>70412556
i have a weapon idea. you take a stick and make one end pointed. then you thrust the pointed end at your enemies. the small point of impact allows for greater penetrating power, which in turn causes pain and possibly tissue damage.
>>
>>70412556

You realize the US Gov simply wants to compile a list of everyone who might be a threat, right?

If you submit anything to this, you deserve what you'll get.
>>
>>70413451
Pretty sure they're only accepting submissions from professionals. It's probably illegal for normal citizens to even think about how to make explosives.
>>
File: 1453400723567.jpg (6 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1453400723567.jpg
6 KB, 227x225
>>70412556
>be able to make bombs in your garage

>tell government about your abilities
>>
>DARPA compiling a list of things to outlaw and remove from stores as soon as possible in case of civil unrest
>>
>>70412721
Obviously that's what their after.
Same with how there are hacker comps.
>>
I guess it isn't obvious since /pol/ thinks the government is going to add everyone with high school knowledge of chem to a database.
>>
>>70415005
It says they're also looking for high level hobbyists to submit ideas. You don't actually build anything on your own, you just submit a design proposal.
>>
Its a pity they want actual designs with technology and shit. I've got a great list of interesting uses for half a brick and fun that can be had with the stuff you get in fireworks.
>>
I signed up and got into the briefing. Struggling to come up with an idea though.
>>
>>70417847
It was somewhat different to what people expect. They wanted things that could disrupt a military operation, directly fighting soldiers wasn't really a priority, even if the enemy inflicts some casualties it's unlikely to stop the mission.

While something like disabling an important ship, jamming communications, preventing reapers and predators conducting recon may make it impossible for a mission to be completed.
>>
>>70412556
No it's so they can get people to do their work for them and allow all materials in stores to be electronically monitored so they can put everyone who buys them on a watch list.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.