[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should military service be mandatory in the US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: army.jpg (79 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
army.jpg
79 KB, 700x393
Should military service be mandatory in the US?
>>
yes to stop your fat fucks from ruining shit
>>
>>70411346
No.

But all high schools should have mandatory military training for all students. Have all high schoolers in America wear uniforms, go jogging together, exercise and learn how to shoot and fight.

That way, the number of potential recruits for the military will be much higher and everyone will have learned discipline for at least 4 years.
>>
>>70411346
If everyone does then nobody really deserves to get thanked for their service anymore, and I know that would majorly stir shit up
>>
>>70411763
Sounds good, but I think education should come first.
>>
>>70411809
The thing with that is that no one really contributes as a citizen anymore. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
>>
it will harm the academy.
>>
In an ideal country all classes in schools would have a "military application" component. Shooting would be taught in physical education, artillery spotting in mathematics etc. Then after graduation everyone should be forced to do a 3-4 months Boot Camp. Thse bootcamps would be run by ROTC students in University. It would create a militia making an invasion of the country pratically impossible at a very cheap price(compared to normal defence).
>>
>>70411864
>Sounds good, but I think education should come first.

Just cut out all the liberal BS in the curriculum and you have ample time for military training.

Military training is a shitload more important than knowing about "gay rights" or "black lives matter".
>>
yes

wouldn't be so many liberals if it were
>>
File: 1459594630980.jpg (486 KB, 1800x2320) Image search: [Google]
1459594630980.jpg
486 KB, 1800x2320
>>70411346
It basically is, if you want to go to college and not be 40k in debt when you finish.
>>
>>70411346
no, not in the US.
The military in US is something where anyone who cant be bothered with low paying jobs, or not being able to get a job, or being stupid to do anything, can jump in the wagon and either come out alive, well trained, well fed, well payed or dead.
I know a ton of people from here, of all nations that went to fight for the amerikans in iraq basically as mercenaries.
Mostly to get out of debt or build a house.
Its a great alternative to earn for a good living, debt free with the risk of getting killed and even then your family gets something too.

If the home production in USA would soar to the sky, maybe it would be different, since more jobs would be available, but i think the army would stay the same.
If the politics would change, so would the army.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.