[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need /pol/'s advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (313 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313 KB, 1200x675
Hey /pol/. I'm in need of some financial advice here.

I'll begin with some background information. I'm a 20-year old high school dropout that left because of unfortunate circumstances in my life. I plan on getting my GED sometime later if push comes to shove.

I moved to Sweden a couple of years ago. I've been working as a technician at a workshop that repairs smartphones, tablets and related devices, and I've been able to save up about $20,000; a portion of which has been allocated towards stocks (3D Systems and Alibaba) and other funds.

What should my next step be? I'm waiting for the housing bubble to pop so I can buy something at a relatively cheap price and divide it into an apartment that can hold 2-3 people and rent it out.

I've also started teaching myself web development at Treehouse. Any developers out there that have any tips that they can give me? Is it possible to be self-taught and still succeed in the industry?
>>
>>70410548
move to America you retard, real estate in Sverige is in the same situation ours was in 2007 before the housing crisis.
>>
>>70410548
I'm 3rd year CS and I think you should go kill yourself or go to an actual school. You need to actually learn about data structures and algorithms if you want to be anything more than a code monkey.
>>
>>70410778
I should have specified that I'm starting off with front-end web development. Surely you don't have to know about data structures and algorithms to do that?
>>
>>70410889
Yeah you do because you will be expected to use JavaScript, especially these days.
>>
>>70410942
Would the JavaScript courses at Treehouse not be sufficient?

A lot of the JavaScript that would be used in my projects would most likely be repetitive code (like clickable slideshows).
>>
>>70411063
If they ask you to do anything original or complex, you will be fucked.

If you ever have to use someone else's code who actually knows CS, you will be fucked.

You will always be a low paid code monkey.
>>
You seem like a loser. Just off urself
>>
File: lolsuicide.jpg (65 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
lolsuicide.jpg
65 KB, 499x750
>>70411211
When you type something like this, do you really expect me to take it to heart and have myself go through with doing it? Thanks for bumping the thread, gypsy.
>>
>>70411861
Isn't university really cheap in Sweden? Why don't you go to school?
>>
>>70412076
It's "free", paid through taxes. I really don't have an interest in studying, not now at least.
>>
>>70412202
Okay you're just a fag then and you should kill yourself like >>70411211 said.
>>
>>70410548
>>70410778
Web dev here, this fellow is correct OP. While you will not need advanced knowledge to handle front-end markup languages like HTML or CSS, unless you have a strong design background or extroardinary natural talent your advancement as a front-end dev will be capped.

If you want to be a more well-rounded developer you will need Javascript at the very least, and as has been pointed out an online course will not equip you to do anything complicated with Javascript, not even close.

You don't need four years of CS to be a competent developer, but you definitely need good, solid instruction, and honestly Javascript is just part of what you'd need to be comfortable in the back-end, you'll also ideally want to be familiar with at least one kind of relational database.

Maybe look into putting that money into a bootcamp near you? I hear some of them are pretty good.
>>
How did u move to Sweden
>>
>>70412473
I was born here so I've had citizenship from birth. I'm also a Canadian citizen.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.